International Simulation Football League
NicholasTheGreat Leaking Punishment - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Punishments (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+--- Thread: NicholasTheGreat Leaking Punishment (/showthread.php?tid=31117)

Pages: 1 2

NicholasTheGreat Leaking Punishment - TomHanks - 03-26-2021

It has come to our attention that user @NicholasTheGreat leaked all of Bondi Beach’s draft picks in a chat that included 43 people, some of whom were not privy to the results of the draft. NTG was tagged in the stream discussion channel of the management discord from one of the draft commentators asking for comments about the Buccaneer’s picks. NTG then posted his comments in the chat, and quickly was informed that people who did not know the results of the draft were able to see the post. He deleted the post immediately after realizing the mistake, however, the results were viewable by parties who should not have known the results. The incident was then self-reported by NTG. It does not appear as though this leak was in any way intentional, however, keeping the draft results a secret is important in keeping draft night as exciting an event as it is every season.
The nearest precedence we were able to find was here where @TomHanks leaked pick 48 of the S22 ISFL draft to a former member of the NOLA war room in DMs. Because of the difference in scale of the leak (1 pick vs 7), DSFL HO has voted 4-0 to punish NTG with the following:

- Personal fine of $3 million

As always NTG may contact a member of the appellate committee to appeal.

RE: NicholasTheGreat Leaking Punishment - caltroit_red_flames - 03-26-2021

RE: NicholasTheGreat Leaking Punishment - terriblehippo - 03-26-2021

The real power move here is TomHanks citing his own punishment as precedent

RE: NicholasTheGreat Leaking Punishment - Kyle - 03-26-2021

The 2nd guy you tagged doesn't deserve to be publicly shamed all over again. How could you do this?!

RE: NicholasTheGreat Leaking Punishment - Memento Mori - 03-26-2021

I can’t get over the fact there’s a stream discussion channel which contains people who aren’t allowed to know what’s happening on the stream.

RE: NicholasTheGreat Leaking Punishment - siddhus - 03-26-2021

(03-26-2021, 12:37 PM)terriblehippo Wrote: The real power move here is TomHanks citing his own punishment as precedent

RE: NicholasTheGreat Leaking Punishment - TeyonSchavari - 03-26-2021

(03-26-2021, 12:37 PM)terriblehippo Wrote: The real power move here is TomHanks citing his own punishment as precedent

What dumb bastard had the audicity to ever punish TomHanks. We need to ban whoever that tyrant was

RE: NicholasTheGreat Leaking Punishment - excelsior - 03-26-2021

Maybe instead of punishing him refer him to a local nephrologist, leaking is a serious issue

RE: NicholasTheGreat Leaking Punishment - SchwarzNarr - 03-26-2021

(03-26-2021, 01:34 PM)Memento Mori Wrote: I can’t get over the fact there’s a stream discussion channel which contains people who aren’t allowed to know what’s happening on the stream.

I've been thinking about this and it does feel really silly. I can't imagine being in a chat that is all about the stream and thinking that people in there aren't allowed to be privie to the information. I'd have made the same mistake as him. I'm not saying it isn't a fair punishment for the circumstances, but it was just unfair circumstances to begin with.

RE: NicholasTheGreat Leaking Punishment - Pat - 03-26-2021

Honestly, big props to NTG for self-reporting. $3 million sounds a little steep for something that, from what I could tell as it was happening in real time, was 100% an honest mistake.