International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day (/showthread.php?tid=31179)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

(S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Kyamprac - 03-29-2021

(S28) PT1 - Draft Day

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. Graphic responses must show more effort than a text box on an unedited image.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S28 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, April 4, at 11:59 EDT. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: The offseason is over and players are getting geared up and ready to make the team that drafted them proud. Write about your player's last draft experience - when did you get picked? Did you go to a team you were hoping for or expected to go to? If you don't remember your last draft because your player is older than Moses, pick a draft to write about and explain why it stands out to you - what impact did the draft have on you or your team?

Graphic option: Create a graphic of your player on draft day in their new team colours.

Affiliate claims from SHL, PBE, and GOMHL are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please.

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - siddhus - 03-29-2021

Ph

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - FootballIsCool - 03-29-2021

In the International Simulation Football League the last draft I was drafted in was the most recent ISFL draft, Season 28.Going into the draft from scouting I was being told that an offensive linemen was a good position to be going into as every team had the immediate positional need of an offensive linemen and one other position need, but in general I was disappointed with the ISFL scouting questions as a whole. I was not asked by a single team in the ISFL if I were a player that would be willing to take the league minimum as well as some other core questions even though my player shared the top of the class in TPE with my portland python teammate Saleem Spence. When reviewing positional needs for each team and what our class provided I expected other players to be selected for the teams picking in the 1-5 range but I had slight expectations about going within the top 10, I expected to be taken in the 7-10 range, I had told every team that I wanted to be called up immediately as I would be a functional offensive linemen that would hit the ground running.  Every team needed an offensive linemen and there were very few in our class. As the televised draft happened it got down to 7 and the san jose sabercats were on the clock. This was a team that’s primary need was offensive linemen but I wasn’t reached out to by the team until the day that was the draft (I’m assuming they didn’t think I would fall to them) but they selected Juno Ho a solid pick I had rated the top secondary player in a deep secondary class. As the players kept flying off the board I felt like Aaron Rodgers on Espn for draft day and kept falling and falling. The last pick of the first round was Sarasota Sailfish, this was a team that had done some of the more indepth scouting of all of the teams in the draft and they got to the podium to announce the pick and a trade went through. The Baltimore yellow birds selected Badger. This makes total sense for their organization. I continued to fall; Philly’s on the clock with the first pick in the 2nd round but they desperately needed secondary players and selected Safety Romulus Roman. The Austin Copperheads were up next but there was franchise legend’s son Bayley Cowabunga so he went off the board. Orange County was up next and they selected the best receiving tight end in the class with Bender Rodriguez. Next is the 4th pick in the 2nd round or 18th overall and I see my name on the board “Stumpy Jones” with a sweet Sarasota Sailfish logo on my bark. I was thrilled to go to sarasota not only because they were defending Ultimus Champions but because they showed the most interest in me and were thorough. The draft moves along and after the excitement from getting selected to the sailfish and seeing my player fall I realize someone has fallen even further. We get to the 28th pick and I see my teammate Saleem still doesn’t have a destination and I’m hopeful that we select him at 28 and I hear Kelvin Harris, Safety. This made a lot of sense to me because Sarasota isn’t getting any younger in the secondary and Harris can produce. Then it gets to pick 31 and a trade is announced. Sarasota trades up for the 31st pick and I’m jumping for joy because there’s one clear person you trade up for and I see Saleem Spence, Wideout to Sarasota and I’m elated to reunite with one of my favorite people on my team and a clear first round talent. This gives me complete faith in the Sarasota management for making these moves and landing the two top TPE players in the draft with an early 2nd and an early 3rd round pick.

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - dogwoodmaple - 03-29-2021

PBE affiliate

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Crodyman - 03-29-2021

Wasrabi Gleel was taken in the third round of the s25 ISFL draft--a draft class that I believe will stand out as one of the more active and prominent classes in ISFL history. Specifically, I was surprised because I went in the 5th round in the DSFL draft first, and though I had hopes for going hugher than that in the ISFL, I couldn't be sure due to the overwhelming amount of talent among my peers. I've always said that it is better to be a steal than a reach, and I think so far I've lived up to that philosophy!

I remember thinking initially that I was going to be drafted by HON because they had a need for LBs at the time and I had a pretty decent scouting experience with them. However, when I was picked by Chicago in the third round--with two other Grey Ducks in James Gath and Damian Blackfyre, I was more than thrilled to have some familiar teammates. And now that CC is GM of Chicago, there is another familiar GM for ke there as well. 

I'm looking forward to experiencing the draft again when I recreate, but for now, I think I ended up in the best of all possible situations. 

209 words

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Number 82 - 03-29-2021

Back in Season 22, Dawkins was selected in the 4th round, 37th overall in what was the largest draft class in the league's history. While there wasn't any teams which I was opposed to going to, the team's that I was most interested in were Chicago, Honolulu and Sarasota. I was pretty open with the scouts/general managers that reached out to me that I was interest in playing in Chicago. Interest in those three teams was more or less related to being part of build and perhaps be a core piece on the defensive side of the ball. Honolulu and Sarasota were expansion teams so that was an opportunity to be part of the foundation of a team while Chicago was heading into rebuild mode.

I wasn't opposed to playing in an established team, with Yellowknife being among the teams that I was interested in, but given how I was pretty open about my preferred destinations, I figured that I'd probably would be drafted later on in the Season 22 Draft. Some mock drafts had me going in the 7th round, which was fair and around where I thought I'd go since the class was packed with high earners and many who had either taken a role in the league or had expressed interest in doing so in the future. To my surprise, Dawkins got selected at the top of the 4th round by Honolulu which was several rounds earlier than expected. I was pretty happy to end up in Honolulu and conversations with Dwyer were probably the best I had during the draft process. It was also nice to be drafted to the same team as FurFurFurson (Buck Thornton) who created the S22 DB group which was the primary reason why I stayed active in the league early on.

Code:
301 words

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Rusfan - 03-29-2021

Joel Drake is my first player, and my first experience in any sim league. As such I had no idea what to expect in the weeks leading up to my DSFL draft. I was trying to boost my draft stock however I could through earning money and TPE, and responding timely to any scouting conversations. Given this was my first ever player, I did not expect to go too high, and I had no idea as to what team I would prefer to join. So I was shocked when I was taken as a top 10 selection to the Portland Pythons, a place I have now grown to love, as the second selection in the 2nd round. As for the ISFL draft, at the time following my first DSFL season I had a bit more experience and knowledge about the league and so I had a list of places I wanted to go. They were, in no particular order, Colorado, Yellowknife, and Baltimore(lmao). The reason for each was different. For Baltimore, it was simply because they were my favorite team in real life, so I would’ve liked to go there in the game. For Yellowknife I liked the idea of joining a team and helping them get over the top to a championship after so many failed attempts, and for Colorado I just wanted to join a winner on the up and up. As you know, I ended up going at the exact same spot in the ISFL draft as the DSFL draft, with the second pick in the second round. Though this one was sweeter as I was traded up for, and if I do say so myself, I think I’ve made that trade worth it.

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - qWest - 03-29-2021

I've told the story of my draft experience probably two or three times on my podcast, but it was a really excellent experience! I was super surprised to be picked out so early in the DSFL Draft given the size and quality of the Season 22 class that came en masse from the r/NFL post at the beginning of pandemic times. I was already enraptured by the NSFL by the time that my draft was coming on and so I was ready and excited to find a place where my player could be a part of a contender and join a team with a clear path towards becoming a lead back. I made a big media piece leading up to the draft going through all of my potential draft destinations based on those aforementioned traits and the teams' communications with me up to that point and I kept my eyes out for every mock draft that I could find. With White Goodman as the consensus #1 RB, it was going to be a battle between Skyline, howsour, and myself to fight it out for the other RB spots. I decided to prepare a signature for my player that I could quickly edit after the draft with my new teams branding and I found myself testing it out by using the branding for the Orange County Otters. I think that was a manifestation of a subconscious feeling that I had that OCO was the place that I really wanted to go the most and, luckily for me, I landed there in the 4th round!

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Capt_Blitzkrieg - 03-29-2021

Joey Marston, Round 1 - Pick 8, Dallas Birddogs

[Image: mhlPXDt.png]

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Void_DCXI - 03-29-2021

I was taken just this year, in the 5th round of the Season 28 ISFL draft. I was expecting to go in the 3rd or 4th round, but teams thought otherwise. I was drafted by the New York Silverbacks, and so far they have been amazing. They have a fun locker room to be in, and have welcomed me with open arms to their team. The draft in general is just a fun time. While going in the first round doesn’t matter that much, it is still nice to see your hard work get recognized early. The draft dictates where you’ll spend the next 3 seasons of your career at least. Unless you get eased that is. But to be honest, I was hoping to get taken a lot earlier. I have a chip on my shoulder now because of the teams that passed up on me. I’m incredibly grateful that New York decided to take a chance on me, and I definitely won’t let them down. I wasn’t necessarily expecting to go to New York, but I am incredibly happy that I did. Again, New York is an incredible atmosphere, and I could not be happier to be there.