International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day (/showthread.php?tid=31179)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - HENDRIX 2.0 - 04-02-2021

My last draft experience was about 16 months ago at this point, amazing how time flies. Back in the S21 class there were a lot of re-creates with great reputations, so I knew it would be hard for me to go high in the draft. My goal was to be the first pick. At that time the Chicago Butchers looked like a lock to clinch the top overall pick. Their team was horrific at LB, they were actually starting bots during a few week span! I thought there was a good chance they would take me at the #1 spot. During scouting there didn’t seem to be much interest though. All I got was a copy pasta and I told them they should seriously consider taking Quaid at #1 as I was the top LB in the class. I said I would help lead their rebuild. A few weeks later they traded the pick in a “win now” move. The Liberty and Cats seemed to have interest but I think they wanted me to start my career on the defensive line. Hell no to that, my first generation player spent a decade on the D-Line, I didn’t want any more of that. Looking back, my current team, the Wraiths, had the most interest from the start. They needed a way to recover from the eventual retirement of ISFL greats Grithead and Selich. The problem was they were picking late in the 1st round. As it turns out I fell all the way to them and got picked up and two Ultimus wins later I’m still with the team. (268 words)

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Leafer - 04-02-2021

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114679&pid=3009739#pid3009739

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Beaver - 04-02-2021

link

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - xtitanxmvpx - 04-02-2021

This last draft was a trip for me as Gragg9, myself, and other mockers went hard at trying to figure out where everyone was going to go. I certainly took to a few locker rooms in particular as they opened up to me. The biggest ones were Yellowknife at the start and then Philly once Pat remembered to give me an invite. The coolest thing was that I learned I had quite a bit in common with the Philly locker room and that really motivated me to try and get there. Over time, I won the hearts of Pat and Cody and now we are here.

I think Philly is the perfect place for me going forward. I can’t wait to get up to the ISFL level and play alongside Jimi DeSoto and that defense that looks really promising right now. The rebuild is strong and I think in the next year or two we will be contenders for a trophy. My draft class was insane for the Liberty and with all those pieces coming up. CJ Sonjack, Lonnie Jackson, and Romulus Roman are all superstars for their teams right now at the DSFL level.

Talking about my position in the draft, I’m really proud of going in the top five. It was one of my goals through this whole thing to be considered first round talent and I worked hard to put out good content and be a good leader for the Pythons throughout the year. I’m very appreciative that Pat and Cody wanted me in Philly and that's going to really continue to motivate me going forward. I can see some great friendships coming from the whole experience as well which is the icing on the cake.

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Fitted2106 - 04-02-2021

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114679&pid=3009098#pid3009098

Shl welfare

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Ephenssta - 04-02-2021

While I was not a member of the most recent draft, RedBeard McFredbeard still vividly recalls his draft experience from Season 26. I had honestly forgotten how much fun it can be to be scouted, especially once you have been around the block a little bit and have a more clear understanding of what you are looking for in an ISFL team. With my first player, it was pretty hard to give honest answers to some questions as I had only been in one locker room and really did not know what I was looking for in an ISFL team. Additionally, Warren did not get the DSFL draft experience as he was a late declaree and joined on waivers prior to the first game. With Redbeard, I was a little more demanding. There were a handfull of teams I straight up told no and if I'm being honest only one that I really wanted to end up back at: The Colorado Yeti. I wanted to come home, but I wasn't sure how realistic that was as I wasn't sure I'd be avasilable by the time the Yeti got to pick again and I didn't really see them trading up to get me. Fortunately it was all a moot point. They reached and took me in the first to make sure I came back home and I'll be eternally grateful for that.

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Vaelynn - 04-02-2021

There I was – caught up in the big lights of Cleveland where the draft was held. It was amazing to be surrounded by such incredible talent being drafted into the International Simulation Football League. To be compared to the likes of Luke Quick, Busch Goose, and Stumpy Jones was surreal. I mean some of these guys were truly icons in the DSFL, so to all be in the same room (social distancing of course – everything changed after the great pandemic of 2020) with the cameras pointed at us was amazing. I can’t say I ended up where I thought I would, but I am so happy to have ended up in New Orleans. The Second Line have been incredible for the last few years, several trips to the Ultimus and even a victory or three in their history is more than enough of a legacy for any draftee to be proud of. I’ll remember the image of Mithrandir holding up my jersey and calling my name for the rest of my life. To think, I’ll be playing next to future Hall of Famer Slothlisberger, playing under the proud colors of the Second Line.

Draft Day was great, and I couldn’t be more happy to have landed where I did. Looking forward to being called up, but in the meantime I’ll continue to refine my skills in the DSFL.

228 words  NOLA

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Jay_Doctor - 04-02-2021

I'm not sure I'm willing to say Mason Blaylock is older than Moses, but I do have a feeling they went to school together at least. I can truly say that my draft experience was my absolute favorite league event outside of winning an Ultimus and Ultimini. When I joined the league, the DSFL was literally just a couple days around the corner. I have to joined quite close to the deadline to actually get drafted. I think most of the 6 DSFL teams did end up reaching out to me at the time. My conversations when well enough with most of them, but I had no incline of where I was going to go. Sure enough, Kansas City took me with pick 8 in the S19 draft. A lot of the people who went above me were were either recreates, in other leagues or had joined a decent amount of time before I did. I really enjoyed the draft presentation and got so excited when my name got called off. By the time the NSFL draft rolled around, I was even more ready. It took me quite awhile, but I finally got the hang of things towards the end of my DSFL season. By that time, I really started to earn well and get my name out there. Only about half of the 10 teams had draft picks in the first round and only a couple more in the second round, so I did not hear from all teams. Of all the teams that reached out, New Orleans and Baltimore were my top two choices. I also liked the idea of Yellowknife and Orange County as both teams were consistently good. Lucky for me, New Orleans have the draft capital and the means to make my wish a reality and took me 9th overall in the draft. Getting invited to the locker room and seeing so many people excited for me, along with hearing it on the draft stream was a feeling I won't forget. I don't know that my league experience would be the same if NOLA didn't take me then. I'm sure it would have been great still, but I would have a completely different group of people I would have talked with for the last year and a half.

Quote:383 words

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Jangorhino - 04-02-2021

[Image: PT1.png]

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - lespoils - 04-02-2021

SHL Affiliate
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114679&pid=3009046#pid3009046