International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day (/showthread.php?tid=31179)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Pib - 04-04-2021

Glenn Smart was taken 5th overall by the Arizona Outlaws. I made it no secret during the scouting process that the Outlaws were my preferred destination, with Colorado being the only other team that really interested me at the time. However, with both of those teams making the playoffs and every GM I spoke to telling me there was no way I dropped outside the top 5, I wasn’t entirely sure where I would land. While there was a leak of the first round that apparently featured me, I was never privy to it.

Ultimately, Arizona would end up moving from 9 to 5 (a move that has affectionately become known as “the Dolly Parton”) to grab me. They traded their 9th overall pick and 3rd round pick in the draft, in addition to their season 29 round 2 pick. This was a little concerning at the time but I have been assured that they believe this represents good value in the long run… Which is a shame, as it’s going to make things really awkward when I quit on Monday.

Looking back, from my perspective, the draft went near perfectly. I landed in my #1 spot and they backed up their claims of wanting me during the scouting process with some fairly substantial action.

Code:
215 words

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - TheSparkyDee - 04-04-2021

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - musha6570 - 04-04-2021

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Gragg9 - 04-04-2021

I’m fortunate enough to write about this prompt as a member of the most recent ISFL draft class. I’d like to think I didn more research than the average user to try to set some expectations for draft night, but even then there were lots of surprises that night. Probably the first was my own draft position, pick #3 overall to OCO. I’d had good conversations with OCO but still did not expect to land there because of positional depth and other great users/players being available. I am very happy to end up there though as it appears to be a great group that has already proven they’re looking out for me. There were a few other teams I thought might pick me. Philly being what myself and I think most of the league was expecting. I also had great conversations with them and the positional fit was fantastic. Who knows if I would have gone there had I still been on the board. Had I fallen past that I think a number of teams would have at least considered me, Chicago, New York, even Baltimore were all potential landing spots I think. Overall I’m quite happy with how the draft went despite having a thoroughly busted mock.

WC=209

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - ComebackZak - 04-04-2021

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - negs - 04-04-2021

Ryan Negs’ last draft experience was being picked 6th overall by the Philadelphia Liberty in the S26 ISFL draft. In the weeks leading up to the draft, it seemed like Philadelphia was the only spot that needed a quarterback, but there were three quarterbacks looking for homes. I was determined to get to Philadelphia and badly wanted to be there. At the time, they were in an ownership transition from the old regime to the new, and they had been named very closely before the draft occurred. I made sure to spend time in their locker room, reach out to whoever I could, and get scouted. On the day of the draft, I was super nervous about the prospects of not being able to go to Philly and play quarterback for a team I wanted to help bring back to glory. Fortunately, with the first pick of the new regime Pat and Cody drafted Negs. I was ecstatic and already in the locker room ready to make a huge difference and state my claim as a leader in the locker room. It motivated me to train harder and more that they believed in my player so much as to use their first ever pick on him. Sitting at 2-2 and our best football yet to come, I’d say it worked out well for both parties.

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - TheCC - 04-04-2021

Everyone knows that I love talking about my draft experience. I'm proof that draft position does not matter! My last draft was the ISFL draft as a member of the S22 COVID class. I didn't have any preferred destinations - I was actually hoping I'd go undrafted, because I didn't think I was cut out for the league. I was watching the draft just hoping nobody would waste a pick on me, and then the Chicago Butchers drafted me in the 11th round, at pick 126. This was a slight upgrade from being taken at pick 162 in the DSFL. As soon as I got picked, I begrudgingly decided taht I wasn't going to waste this team's pick. I was going to learn how to participate in the league. I really just didn't understand how easy it was to earn yet. Bayley and Dewalt helped to get me on track, and then I decided to make it my goal to be the greatest draft steal in ISFL history. And I don't mind saying myself, I think that I may have accomplished this task. I'm a full on max earner with 100 mil in the bank. I'm the TPE leader on my team. I spent 3 or 4 seasons as a GM in the DSFL. And now look at me, I'm the GM of the ISFL team that threw a dart at a random half inactive player almost an entire IRL year ago! It's crazy how these things work out.

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Starboy - 04-04-2021

Flashback to S21:

[Image: 0Za7Hgd.png]

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Alucas - 04-04-2021

PBE PT Affiliate

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - AgentSmith - 04-04-2021

Borgo San Lorenzo was a UDFA pickup by the Dallas Birddogs at the end of Season 26 as a member of the Season 27 class. While the Birddogs missed the playoffs, Borgo made many new friends in the Dallas locker room and must have made an impression on the management, as they selected him in the third round. He then played his rookie season with the Birddogs, all while gearing up to hear from the teams in the ISFL. Borgo heard from a lot of different teams, and while some of them were just cursory scouting messages, as they didn’t really have a need for a Vertical Threat Tight End, some teams showed a lot of interest. One of those teams was the Philadelphia Liberty, who we’re looking for a future Tight End who could be a threat to opposing defenses. With Philly starting to come out of a rebuild, Borgo looked to the future when they drafted him in the second round of the Season 27 ISFL draft, and could only see great things ahead. They let him play an additional season down with the Birddogs, where he helped them win the Ultimini for the first time in franchise history. Now Borgo is helping Philly become a team that will soon have it’s own aspirations at championship glory!

Code:
219 Words