International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day (/showthread.php?tid=31179)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Suggs - 03-29-2021

Cornerback Suggs Upshar was chosen with the 6th Overall pick of the S28 DSFL Draft by the Portland Pythons. I was certainly surprised with how high I was picked. As much as I was in constant conversations with some teams and other players, many Mock Drafts had me going as low as the 2nd Round, others even lower. And I don’t blame them, there were other recreates or other new players which had more TPE than I did when I was drafted and would be seen as better alternatives. As much as I believe in myself, I understand that GMs could have that line of thought, which would be completely fair.
Portland, however, thought otherwise. They picked Suggs Upshar with their first pick and said that Upshar was their highest rated prospect. That came as a huge compliment for me, since I hadn’t interacted with them so much during scouting and I had already seen what amazing structure they had to support their players to grow and reach their potential. I wasn’t even expecting to go there and was not watching the Draft when the Pythons made the pick. But their vote of confidence in me and their defensive identity made me work even harder to not only be the best player I could, but also contribute to the DSFL and its members the most I could. The 28th DSFL Season hasn’t started as of the writing of this post, but Suggs Upshar and the Portland Pythons will certainly raise some eyebrows this year, if not also raising some silverware up high at the end of it all.

267 words

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - slothfacekilla - 03-29-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Pat - 03-29-2021

Draft Day for Doy Fieri was an interesting one. I feel like my player went in the spot that he was supposed to go - the middle of the second round. At the time of the draft I was a max earner in terms of TPE, and was playing at a pretty unpopular position (Defensive Tackle). A few knocks I had against me were that A) the S25 Draft Class was massive and full of great users, B) I did not have any sort of a league job and had no intention of getting one, and C) I did not really venture into other locker rooms outside of my DSFL team's. So, to go somewhere in the second round was still very pleasing to me. I really did not expect Arizona to take me - they had decent depth at DT and I honestly did not get the feeling through scouting conversations that they had any interest in taking me. Hindsight being 20/20, I would like to think that if I were to be in a draft again I would be a first round talent due to my overall involvement and dedication to the league.

Looking back now, it all worked out how it was supposed so, as only a season after being draft I became a General Manager and got a league job to boot!

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Drizzy - 03-29-2021

My last draft experience in the league was less than a week ago, when I was drafted into the DSFL along with the rest of the S29 ISFL class. I'd actually been excited for the draft for quite a while beforehand. It was my first experience going into a draft in the league as an active for some time which really added to the excitement of the whole thing, and given that I'd had the chance to earn a lot of TPE before the draft happened, had a good career with my last player and seemed to have had productive conversations with all of the teams that I spoke to, I figured that I would definitely be a first round pick. As we ran up to the draft, I actually started to figure that I was going to be one of the first few picks off the board based on the mock drafts that some people had produced and the buzz I seemed to be getting. As it happened, I was well off based and I fell into the bottom half of the second round, being the fourth linebacker taken off the board despite having quite a big TPE lead over all the others. It is what it is. I was bummed at the time and it kinda sucked but in hindsight, who cares. Not sure why I fell like I did, but I'm still going to do what I do. Tijuana should be a fun spot to spend a season and then I'm off to the big league next season, so really the DSFL draft really wasn't anything to be too worried about.

Code:
274 words

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - xTri - 03-29-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Yeenoghu - 03-29-2021

Juan Domine was part of the draft class of 2039, marking this upcoming season as his 5th one in the ISFL. Fortunately Domine did not have to wait very long to hear his name called on draft night--in fact, he was the first pick of the draft, being selected by the rebuilding Chicago Butchers. I was expecting to be drafted by Chicago as I had some productive conversations with Bayley leading up to the draft, but I would have been happy to get drafted to any team that wanted to use their draft capital on me. I remember saying how I felt that one of my assets as a player was that my goal was to play for the same team for the duration of my career barring any unforeseen circumstances, and I'm happy to say that concept has been maintained as Domine enters the prime of his career. As far as teams that I wanted to be drafted by aside from Chicago, I was fortunate enough to speak with every team during the ISFL scouting process. I most distinctly remember a very positive scouting conversation with Hall during his tenure as GM of the Philadelphia Liberty, and I'd be remiss to say that I didn't want to play with my former DSFL GM Sylphreni on the Colorado Yeti. It will be quite a while before I enter the draft again, but I still remember it as one of the most exciting times in my player's career.

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - cjmccarley - 03-29-2021

Siege Cameron was drafted a whole season ago but it still feels like yesterday. My player was a somewhat late create and I also didn't stay on top of TPE earning early on so he didn't get drafted until the picks in the 30's. However, on draft night one of my new GM's said that I might've been the best interview they had that offseason and it fueled my determination to make my player the best CB in league history. 

I went on a crazy earning spree for the rest of the season after joining the Coyotes locker room. After spending the season with them I couldn't ask for a better team to have been drafted to. The fact that the team wasn't any good last season and started off this season very rough actually strengthened our bonds even more through suffering and the comedy that came with losing many games in a row, including a few close heartbreakers. 

As I'm writing this I realize that my last draft experience was the ISFL draft I was just picked in so that's kind of awkward. However, that draft wasn't very different than my DSFL one for similar circumstances. I didn't have as much TPE as other prospects so I dropped further in the draft than my fellow stud teammates. But, my nearly CBoTY stats kept me just promising enough to be drafted in Rd 3 Pick #12 by the Austin Copperheads. Everyone in that locker room is just as fun and once I finish my last season with the Coyotes I'm thrilled to spend the next part of my career with my fellow Snakes.

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - 3lewsers - 03-29-2021

PBE Affiliate PT

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - GuitarMaster116 - 03-29-2021

My last draft I had was my first ISFL draft back in S25. I remember talking to all of the different teams including the expansion teams, and I was reached out to by all the teams except the Baltimore Hawks, and I believe that at the time that was because they were set in taking my fellow class OLine Felix Archstone. I had many great conversations with a bunch of different teams and GMs and it was so much fun. Honestly, I am going to miss being a part of a draft for awhile since draft season and being scouted and picked are probably the best parts of the league. For draft day itself, I was taken with the 19th pick by the New Orleans Second Line. I was super happy with being drafted there, as being a Tijuana player, I already knew a bunch of people in the LR and also met some other really awesome people as well. It also kept the Dootadore pipeline going. I was actually pretty surprised at the pick as NOLA did scout me and I did talk to both GMs, but with expansion happening and stuff I thought that OLine would not be as big of a need for them. But then they even traded up to grab me. It was an awesome feeling and experience and I love where I went. Overall I would say my last draft experience was an awesome one.

Code:
Word Count: 241

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Reno - 03-29-2021

210 words

Ah man, I remember the NSFL draft day for Tree. And yes she is that ancient that it was the NSFL back in the day. It was a bit of a weird experience to be honest. Tree didn’t really have a ton of hype about her going into the draft, considering that there were two other better tight ends that had more draft stock to them (Osiris Firestorm-Fjord and Leon McDavid). Tree got a few interviews here and there but nothing more than a “yeah we’ll keep in touch” so expectations were a bit low. So when Austin decided to take a chance on Tree in the draft (5th round, 50th overall) it was a bit of a surprise. Austin didn’t particularly need a tight end at the time, as Larson still had a few more seasons before they were done and dusted, so Tree was like “hey this is an option maybe.” It was a relief to be drafted there, considering at the time Austin had just won the Ultimus and was in position to keep contending, but in the end it didn’t work out. The timelines never matched up and  Tree would eventually leave for Chicago, but the thrill of being drafted is something that she’ll never forget.