International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day (/showthread.php?tid=31179)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Haseo - 03-30-2021

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Bigred1580 - 03-30-2021

[Image: BHv9sNc.png]

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - mee - 03-30-2021

I can't say I was surprised to go to New Orleans. Everyone knows the history of like, everyone in Tijuana going to New Orleans so I had that going for me. The GM, mithr, was also the GM who decided in week two to take me as a DSFL player for Tijuana off waivers. So once I was selected by the Second Line it was far from a surprise.
Coming in I honestly had no idea where I was going to be drafted. Like I said above I was a late create, joining in time for week two of my first DSFL season in Tijuana. Once that happened though, I was very active, picking up a ton of TPE as time went on. In the THICC rankings that a user puts together before the draft, I was ranked the 17th prospect, with a note that I was likely to go well below that pick. I ended up getting drafted in the third round at the thirty-third selection.
Personally, I didn't really care where I got drafted, but NOLA has been mad fun. I was hoping to get drafted a little bit higher, but my low TPE probably scared away a lot of teams. Well, shame on them.

(207 words)

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Goat_Whisperer - 03-31-2021

I was picked 52nd overall in season 24 ISFL Draft, Sarasota Sailfish picked me. I did not have high expectations for the draft. I remember thinking that getting picked would be enough. I did not have any specific teams that I would like to play for or anything like that.

Unfortunately, the competition for my position back then was fierce in Sarasota. I was not a player with huge potential.  As I slowly started to progress it became evident that due to the competition I would not get to play much in Sarasota. I can't remember for sure how everything worked out, but after ongoing negotiations between my people and the management in Sarasota, we decided that a trade would be the best for all parties. I was moved to Yellowknife, they had room for kicker/punter, so I knew I would get to play more.

Looking back now I think the move for me personally was a great one. I indeed got to play a lot and not so long ago Yellowknife were the champions! Now if you look up the site, you see the Sarasota championship banner, so I can only guess and say the move worked out just fine for them!

I have nothing but positive memories about the draft and everything that happened after that. Both organizations have quality people in charge, I got into a solid place, and I'm happy here.

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - enigmatic - 03-31-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Ace - 03-31-2021

SHL Affiliation

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Bayley - 03-31-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - deadlunatic - 03-31-2021

I am a part of the soon to be legendary season 25 draft class. We were a reddit class, I believe as of now, we are the second biggest class of draftees ever. I wasn't drafted until the ninth round of the DSFL draft.  Granted, I created right before the draft and I slacked off the first week a bit, so I was bound to fall. I talked to a lot of recruiters, and I had no real idea where I was going, but I did not think it was Tijuana. Obviously, I am now very happy to have been drafted there, along with the rest of our season 25 class. So after that, I had an ok season, I did a good job earning, but hard to produce behind Howlett and Vequain. So, when the draft came around, I remember having good conversations with quite a few teams. It was pretty hard to narrow it down to which team wanted me the most. With the expansion happening the same season, teams ended up with way more needs than they would have had normally. Which made it even harder to decide where I would ultimately end up. In the end, I went in the fourth round to the Yellowknife Wraiths. And I ended up getting the call up after they lost a receiver in the expansion draft. While it was unexpected, I was also happy to be called up so soon. I think I had the Wraiths somewhere in the middle of the pack as far as where I would end up. Could not be happier to be a part of the Wraiths. Overall, it was a great experience.

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - AW13 - 03-31-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Kyamprac - 03-31-2021

Of the two drafts I've been a part of, the DSFL was my favorite but also more stressful. I joined the league about a season after Amidships and I was interested in playing on the same team as him, but also just really loved the Birddogs from the get-go and wanted to remain involved in the organization post-draft. That said, I also wanted to be open to going to other teams so didn't tank my draft stock or anything like that. Just crossed my fingers and hoped Dallas wanted me enough to take me in the first round which, thankfully, they did. The rest is history - love that team and still so thankful I got a chance to play with and GM them.

The ISFL draft by contrast was far less stressful because if I'm being honest I cared much less about where I went. I was happy in Dallas and knew I could stick around that locker room regardless of the outcome, so where I landed in the senior league didn't really bother me at all as long as I didn't have to share a locker room with someone like Zamir. I knew there was a good chance I could land in Austin which was cool with the Dallas connection, but I think if they hadn't traded up to get me in that draft I could have landed somewhere else like Colorado or something, which would also have been cool.

Code:
241 words