International Simulation Football League
Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Punishments (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+--- Thread: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal (/showthread.php?tid=31216)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - majesiu - 04-01-2021

Stanisław Koniecpolski  ARI

RE: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - furiousPanda - 04-01-2021

@Big Edd -100 TPE

RE: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - tMuse - 04-01-2021

(04-01-2021, 10:02 AM)deadlunatic Wrote: I would also like to add my thoughts as a fairly new user.

First off, thanks to Darkness for trying to explain all this to us.

Secondly, I did want to mention that while the mindset of wrong is wrong, is correct. But as someone else mentioned, lumping all wrong together into the same amount/level of wrong is just silly. I get that rules are made for a reason. But in no world should you be saying intent doesn't matter at all. Accidents happen. So by the logic mentioned, making 25 multis is the same as granting someone some late TPE? Murder and speeding are also the same? Either way, the rules were broken, so let's just punish all wrong doing the same to make this easier for everyone. How many people currently on the HO haven't made any mistakes in this league so far? How was your mistake handled?

But I can say, stuff like does not make me want to recreate when it is time. If I was a newer player, I am not sure I would continue playing. This just reeks of people in power who don't think the masses need to know why they make the decisions they make, but we should definitely blindly follow them. (obviously not all of the HO members). Then you have some inflammatory comments from HO related people that doesn't help the look either. It really isn't a good look for a free to play fun game that some of us like to play to give our brains some relaxation time. Then we get stuff like this ruining all that.
I felt that way so many times after reading some threads where HO does some questionable stuff.
A huge problem is that we "older" users get used to it i guess? I can completely understand if a new user doesn't want to really get into it after reading threads like this.

RE: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - Amidships - 04-01-2021

Disclaimer: Kyamprac is my wife of five years. I have moved to a different country to be with her. My opinion and this post may be viewed as biased due to this relationship.

This decision by HO is unconscionable, indefensible, and targeted. I refuse to partake in any sort of body that believes this course of action was just; particularly when a member of head office with a known bias refused to recuse themselves and went so far as to provide the majority of the data used in the decision. There are very few members of HO that are willing to admit that they voted to remove Kyamprac from her position, in fact the majority that we have heard from have supported a less obscene course of action. For the few that are defending their removal vote (and those that support the removal vote in general), it appears that their are two specific instances that tipped the scales.

The first of these instances dates back seven months ago and involves Kyamprac submitting a task late, and then giving herself credit for said task. This an ethical issue in which Kyamprac is in the wrong. Neither I, nor anyone doubts this. When it was brought up in the half-cocked interview conducted only two days ago, she took a few moments to look back and attempt to jog her memory. Her best guess was that perhaps she graded late while at work and didn't double check herself. This was seven months ago. Do any of you truly remember what happened one time seven months ago, particularly the specifics of a task you perform repeatedly for free for the enjoyment of others? I can tell you that most of us don't. I'm told that apparently there was an "aha" or "gotcha" moment when this explanation was shared with the rest of HO. Someone trolled back through a channel in the Austin server where we share pictures of beer together in order to find a picture of Kyamprac with a beer in hand and our dog in the background. Let me say that again, a picture of our dog was used to condemn Kyamprac for her actions. As much as some of you want to be FBI special investigators, your evidence is farcical at best. After Kyamprac posited the potential excuse of being at work, which let's also state that it's a pandemic and we work from home where this picture was taken after hours, she followed it up with "but I'm not actually sure. I have no excuse." It's asinine to believe that Kyamprac would have lied to you over this instance when it is clear that she likely did not remember the incident at all.

The second instance in question involves Kyamprac giving TPE to a known acquaintance. The insinuation here is that she purposely and unethically allowed r0tzbua to obtain credit for a task because of their relationship. I have to imagine that the burden of proof for this sort of claim is pretty fucking high, and none of the evidence provided can prove intent. I fail to see how this particular instance is in any way different than the other instances found below. I have provided a breakdown of who benefitted from Kyamprac's leniency to visualize the distinct lack of a pattern in her awarding of late TPE.

[Image: IAc6J7B.png]
Number of times each unique user benefitted from Kyamprac awarding late TPE.

Mercy and empathy are difficult qualities to understand and practice, but if you were capable of them we wouldn't be in this situation. Kyamprac is rather adept in these qualities as evidenced by doing her best to credit those who have completed work because they put in the effort, even if it's late. Your lack of awareness in this situation is astounding. Her removal has cost the league several users who were steadfastly dedicated to making this community better, and cast even more doubt in the minds of those who already question the integrity of Head Office's leadership. Not long ago we as a community were discussing expansion and a growing userbase. Retention is a large part of maintaining a community, and the actions taken by this league's leadership yesterday have irreparably harmed its ability to retain its membership and cast further doubt on its future.

I truly hope this spurs a long look at the cryptic and insidious processes within HO, especially in relation to its extreme lack of transparency. The fact that HO members are coming out of the woodwork to explain their decision making in this process is admirable and hopefully a sign of improvement to come, but it is ultimately too late. You are tasked with the most important duties in this league; to guide and maintain interest in the league by creating structure and processes with the main goal of engagement and enjoyment. You have taken my enjoyment, and I can only respond by taking back my engagement. I hope this is a turning point, and that as we move forward we can see more transparency and more humanity shown from a body that has historically taken its lashings from the public in silence and refused any attempts at change unless a mob is unleashed. You are an insular, self-selected, self-governing body that defends its actions by telling those it faults to appeal to the only check against your power. The less work we have to give to the appeals team, the better job you are doing. It never should have had to go to appeals. You have always had the ability to make this right. You now have the ability and the obligation to make sure a decision like this is never made again.

Do your job.

RE: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - tMuse - 04-01-2021

(04-01-2021, 11:47 AM)Amidships Wrote: Disclaimer: Kyamprac is my wife of five years. I have moved to a different country to be with her. My opinion and this post may be viewed as biased due to this relationship.

This decision by HO is unconscionable, indefensible, and targeted. I refuse to partake in any sort of body that believes this course of action was just; particularly when a member of head office with a known bias refused to recuse themselves and went so far as to provide the majority of the data used in the decision. There are very few members of HO that are willing to admit that they voted to remove Kyamprac from her position, in fact the majority that we have heard from have supported a less obscene course of action. For the few that are defending their removal vote (and those that support the removal vote in general), it appears that their are two specific instances that tipped the scales.

The first of these instances dates back seven months ago and involves Kyamprac submitting a task late, and then giving herself credit for said task. This an ethical issue in which Kyamprac is in the wrong. Neither I, nor anyone doubts this. When it was brought up in the half-cocked interview conducted only two days ago, she took a few moments to look back and attempt to jog her memory. Her best guess was that perhaps she graded late while at work and didn't double check herself. This was seven months ago. Do any of you truly remember what happened one time seven months ago, particularly the specifics of a task you perform repeatedly for free for the enjoyment of others? I can tell you that most of us don't. I'm told that apparently there was an "aha" or "gotcha" moment when this explanation was shared with the rest of HO. Someone trolled back through a channel in the Austin server where we share pictures of beer together in order to find a picture of Kyamprac with a beer in hand and our dog in the background. Let me say that again, a picture of our dog was used to condemn Kyamprac for her actions. As much as some of you want to be FBI special investigators, your evidence is farcical at best. After Kyamprac posited the potential excuse of being at work, which let's also state that it's a pandemic and we work from home where this picture was taken after hours, she followed it up with "but I'm not actually sure. I have no excuse." It's asinine to believe that Kyamprac would have lied to you over this instance when it is clear that she likely did not remember the incident at all.

The second instance in question involves Kyamprac giving TPE to a known acquaintance. The insinuation here is that she purposely and unethically allowed r0tzbua to obtain credit for a task because of their relationship. I have to imagine that the burden of proof for this sort of claim is pretty fucking high, and none of the evidence provided can prove intent. I fail to see how this particular instance is in any way different than the other instances found below. I have provided a breakdown of who benefitted from Kyamprac's leniency to visualize the distinct lack of a pattern in her awarding of late TPE.

Mercy and empathy are difficult qualities to understand and practice, but if you were capable of them we wouldn't be in this situation. Kyamprac is rather adept in these qualities as evidenced by doing her best to credit those who have completed work because they put in the effort, even if it's late. Your lack of awareness in this situation is astounding. Her removal has cost the league several users who were steadfastly dedicated to making this community better, and cast even more doubt in the minds of those who already question the integrity of Head Office's leadership. Not long ago we as a community were discussing expansion and a growing userbase. Retention is a large part of maintaining a community, and the actions taken by this league's leadership yesterday have irreparably harmed its ability to retain its membership and cast further doubt on its future.

I truly hope this spurs a long look at the cryptic and insidious processes within HO, especially in relation to its extreme lack of transparency. The fact that HO members are coming out of the woodwork to explain their decision making in this process is admirable and hopefully a sign of improvement to come, but it is ultimately too late. You are tasked with the most important duties in this league; to guide and maintain interest in the league by creating structure and processes with the main goal of engagement and enjoyment. You have taken my enjoyment, and I can only respond by taking back my engagement. I hope this is a turning point, and that as we move forward we can see more transparency and more humanity shown from a body that has historically taken its lashings from the public in silence and refused any attempts at change unless a mob is unleashed. You are an insular, self-selected, self-governing body that defends its actions by telling those it faults to appeal to the only check against your power. The less work we have to give to the appeals team, the better job you are doing. It never should have had to go to appeals. You have always had the ability to make this right. You now have the ability and the obligation to make sure a decision like this is never made again.

Do your job.
Well fucking said. I love the last 3 words so much.

RE: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - timeconsumer - 04-01-2021

(04-01-2021, 11:47 AM)Amidships Wrote: I'm told that apparently there was an "aha" or "gotcha" moment when this explanation was shared with the rest of HO. Someone trolled back through a channel in the Austin server where we share pictures of beer together in order to find a picture of Kyamprac with a beer in hand and our dog in the background. Let me say that again, a picture of our dog was used to condemn Kyamprac for her actions.

This is like something you'd see in a Southpark episode. Amazing.

RE: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - ztarwarz - 04-01-2021

Man we blew RIGHT by the "Longest Punishment Thread in history" while I was away.

RE: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - speculadora - 04-01-2021

idk im too lazy to do a whole thing but just in case beaver hasnt gotten to it yet

https://forums.sim-football.com/member.php?action=logout&logoutkey=4f5afc045b6933b0000141b7bbc0204e

RE: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - Swanty - 04-01-2021

(04-01-2021, 11:47 AM)Amidships Wrote: Disclaimer: Kyamprac is my wife of five years. I have moved to a different country to be with her. My opinion and this post may be viewed as biased due to this relationship.

Do your job.

I mean this as sincerely as possible, thank you for posting this. I promise to try my hardest to reach and uphold the standards you have outlined that are required of this role going forward.

RE: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - Frostbite - 04-01-2021

(04-01-2021, 12:07 PM)speculadora Wrote: idk im too lazy to do a whole thing but just in case beaver hasnt gotten to it yet

https://forums.sim-football.com/member.php?action=logout&logoutkey=4f5afc045b6933b0000141b7bbc0204e
spec you goof it doesnt work