International Simulation Football League
Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Punishments (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+--- Thread: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal (/showthread.php?tid=31216)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - tMuse - 04-01-2021

(04-01-2021, 09:58 PM)DarknessRising Wrote: @tMuse @Z-Whiz Im tagging you both cause screw getting the quoting to sit right and you both talked about the same thing in regards to the off-season PPT survey.

I can only speak for myself that, at this current point in time, all responses have not been read. There were 312 responses which is amazing numbers (its about 30 less than the same week's Activity Check). Personally I have probably read close to the 150-175 mark, but I was the one created and made the survey on google forms, so unlike the rest of HO i could sit there much easiily just reading and making sure responses/codewords were okay than the rest could using the generated spreadsheet.

There is going to be a full analysis and piece written for it, I do not know when that will be done and unfortunately its only going to be pushed back later than people think whilst we sort out the fallout from this  but please bare with me and the rest of HO has it gets done.
In all that trashing i just wanna say i really appreciate you and the other members of HO who stepped out here on the battlefield and tried to bring some reasoning in here. This is the kind of shit we need.

Good fucking job, i really mean that. keep it up!

RE: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - run_CMC - 04-01-2021

thread movin so fast no one will see that I’m

RE: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - infinitempg - 04-02-2021

(04-01-2021, 11:43 PM)run_CMC Wrote: thread movin so fast no one will see that I’m

Damn the thread so fast it took out run cmc

RE: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - The_Kidd - 04-02-2021

so reading through all this, especially Swanty, DDrector, and Darkness' posts --- I think for now, the precedent for high-profile decisions like this should be that all parties involved must provide their reasoning and evidence for their individual ruling/decision

Because I feel there is a deeper systemic issue that needs to be flushed out ---- Kya is being hammered for an offense that has occurred long before Season 16(which even at that cutoff is 6-7 seasons before she even arrived), but there seems to be other factors that led to the decision

- Kya was drafted to Dallas, engaged in lukewarm-heated exchanges with rival teams, became the GM
- Kya was then drafted to Austin, Austin has been involved in some controversial incidents during her tenure there, both internally and externally
- Kya helped various players but her incident with rOtz was the breaking point. But if Kya and rOtz werent Dallas teammates or in the Dallas war room together, or she helped a Portland player or Tijuana player the way she helped rOtz ----- would the suspicion be as amped? What if rOtz had an emergency and asked for leniency? What if Kya was busy and rOtz got lucky that time and she told him so and dont expect a repeat occurrence? 

The same goes for Steg, if Steg and Kya never shared a war room together and had a falling out? Would people still say HO was out to cancel Kya?

But herein lies the issue --- this league is meant to create friendships, and the overall structure favors friendships over business unlike actual sports leagues. The Dallas war room loved Amid, his wife joined, and we knew where she was going. She was equally valuable to the league. Dallas has three pipelines but one is obviously a tier above the other two ---- so knowing Steg and Kyle were in Austin, we could kinda guess where Kya would end up, even before Amid was traded to Austin. Not all friendships last forever but the point I want to raise is that conflict of interest and bias in ingrained thoroughly throughout the league.

When you dont separate officials, execs, and governing bodies from the teams ---- it creates a damning slippery slope reeking of malicious intent, bias, and collusion in these rulings, especially when they are as inconsistent as the PPT's deadline enforcement since the days of Myspace. We always hear from the lesser members ---- seldom from the ones with real weight until Steg stepped on board. The way Exclesior and Darkness are taking heat is the same energy I wish the veteran people who decided to remove Kya had.

I know that some HO members try their hardest, but the optics in general have been murky and clouded with slight disillusionment on how this looks to the general public and what the true intent of the league should be. I think in some point in the future, we might need to let the people have a voice and establish the baseline for the higher ups to work off of when it comes to these high profile issues.

Otherwise, every future ruling will be pre-disposed with inherent bias unless the league forces those with some type of title: whether it be HO, GM, Dept Head, et al to reduce their relationship/role with their player. I feel like, at some point, someone will really troll the league and slip into HO as double-agent either to expose the flaws in HO's inner machinations or to pull off a coo and overthrow those members they have a grudge with or stick it to the teams where those users are associated with.

tldr; friendships built or broken in this league will naturally create bias, so firing someone because bias might have been shown is extremely hypocritical and reeks of tyranny

RE: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - tMuse - 04-02-2021

[Image: CbRieJv.png]

RE: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - negs - 04-02-2021

(04-01-2021, 05:47 AM)tMuse Wrote: Jesus christ this shit should be a fun experience and not a fucking job.
I usually don’t get into it but this comment right here and general sentiment I’ve seen in this thread hits home for me. I don’t think I’d be wrong in saying that a lot of us have jobs, families, college or high school classes, and other things going on in our lives that are stressful or need our 100% effort and attention every day. Personally, the thing I love about this league is that it’s something where I can hop in any server and just have a great time with people I’ve made great relationships with. Watching sims and being part of the league is something that I truly love. 

It is scary that from all of this and a 2-4 week investigation that this is going down the path it is. While competitive, this isn’t professional sports, this isn’t a job, and this isn’t a league where we make our livelihoods(idk how to spell this) off of. This is a league where we are here for the community, the friendships, and the fun. This decision and resulting punishment doesn’t seem like those goals and values were thought of throughout the process. 

We’re all here to have a good time. We need to keep that in mind going forward with important decisions and punishments like this.

(04-02-2021, 06:49 AM)Ryan Negs Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 05:47 AM)tMuse Wrote: Jesus christ this shit should be a fun experience and not a fucking job.
I usually don’t get into it but this comment right here and general sentiment I’ve seen in this thread hits home for me. I don’t think I’d be wrong in saying that a lot of us have jobs, families, college or high school classes, and other things going on in our lives that are stressful or need our 100% effort and attention every day. Personally, the thing I love about this league is that it’s something where I can hop in any server and just have a great time with people I’ve made great relationships with. Watching sims and being part of the league is something that I truly love. 

It is scary that from all of this and a 2-4 week investigation that this is going down the path it is. While competitive, this isn’t professional sports, this isn’t a job, and this isn’t a league where we make our livelihoods(idk how to spell this) off of. This is a league where we are here for the community, the friendships, and the fun. This decision and resulting punishment doesn’t seem like those goals and values were thought of throughout the process. 

We’re all here to have a good time. We need to keep that in mind going forward with important decisions and punishments like this.
Just want to clarify this comment after talks I’ve already had with some of my friends in the league. I am not directly referring to the punishment. More so the fallout

RE: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - Z-Whiz - 04-02-2021

@DarknessRising thank you for the response and honesty. I was not meaning to suggest that all responses should have been read by all HO members. I definitely wouldn't have gone through all those yet either. It's quite the task. Moreso, what I was attempting to get across was that it's clear HO knows things need to change. The optics of asking for help, then following it up by doing something the majority of the user base disagrees with is the bigger concern. It'd be nice to know that there were some people inside HO who warned that this was a bad idea and could potentially start the shitstorm it did. I don't want specifics or anything, and you can tell me it's none of my business. I just hope HO isn't the echo chamber that some people paint it out to be.

Either way, again, that you for your continued responses on the front lines of this thing. It is much appreciated.

RE: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - Duilio05 - 04-03-2021

I am disappointed by this arbitrary choice to crack down on deadlines related to a specific part of the league. If this is the path HO wants to walk down then I hope pay and TPE will additionally be removed from any user with a league job that was late completing their league job. Such positions as updater, simmer, GM's, and HO get UW Pass or even full PT Pass. Any time a GM received leeway from a simmer for a late DC, please deduct the appropriate TPE and job pay from both the GM and the simmer. Every updater that missed a player during Saturday updates should have their TPE from that week removed. I hope the league deducts pay from streamers every time a stream is late by 1 minute. Etc. If you want to crack down on deadlines for one part of the league, be prepared to crack down on deadlines for the entire league.

I'll be the first exGM to admit I received leeway from a simmer for a late DC. Please deduct my $5M GM pay for each of the following seasons S18, S19, S20, S21 & S22. As such i hope the simmer during those seasons is also deducted pay and their TPE too.

RE: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - qWest - 04-04-2021

(04-03-2021, 03:11 PM)Duilio05 Wrote: I am disappointed by this arbitrary choice to crack down on deadlines related to a specific part of the league. If this is the path HO wants to walk down then I hope pay and TPE will additionally be removed from any user with a league job that was late completing their league job. Such positions as updater, simmer, GM's, and HO get UW Pass or even full PT Pass. Any time a GM received leeway from a simmer for a late DC, please deduct the appropriate TPE and job pay from both the GM and the simmer. Every updater that missed a player during Saturday updates should have their TPE from that week removed. I hope the league deducts pay from streamers every time a stream is late by 1 minute. Etc. If you want to crack down on deadlines for one part of the league, be prepared to crack down on deadlines for the entire league.

I'll be the first exGM to admit I received leeway from a simmer for a late DC. Please deduct my $5M GM pay for each of the following seasons S18, S19, S20, S21 & S22. As such i hope the simmer during those seasons is also deducted pay and their TPE too.
This is a pretty damn good point, especially considering that the only reason that we have late submissions in the first place is that we give the PPT leeway when they don't close the PT threads on time.

RE: Kyamprac Player Progression Head Removal - moonlight - 04-24-2021

I protest this