International Simulation Football League
Forum Improvement Project! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=495)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: Head Office Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=230)
+---- Thread: Forum Improvement Project! (/showthread.php?tid=31244)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Forum Improvement Project! - Pat - 04-02-2021

Big ups to this post. I have nothing really to add other than thank you for posting this and getting a two-way communication going!

RE: Forum Improvement Project! - bex - 04-02-2021

(04-02-2021, 10:22 AM)infinitempg Wrote: Also, it seems like a lot of the player development stuff (better creation, updating, and banking) was going to be taken care of by the omnibus project - though that seems to have died off. Is there any update on that?

Yes, so the first step to the overall omnibus was the switching of forums. However, that was a very intense process and some of our champions of the concept have taken a step back. Omnibus for those of you who are newer to the league or just missed it, is the idea of building out custom tools to the website that integrate all elements of the league into one streamlined and accessible place. It's definitely something we're interested to continue exploring if there is interest. If you or someone you know is interested in coding and web design, I'd recommend reaching out to Exilizer or popping into the Developments Server here.

RE: Forum Improvement Project! - Modern_Duke - 04-02-2021

36) Remove post size limit (1)
- Can someone point me in the direction of where it tells them what the limit currently is? From the forum configuration it looks essentially unlimited.

As someone who just hit it, I believe it said 65536 characters was the limit

RE: Forum Improvement Project! - Raven - 04-02-2021

(04-02-2021, 10:21 AM)infinitempg Wrote:
Quote:19) Undo all recent changes to the forum structure (1)
- I know that once you're used to a layout, it can be frustrating to see it change (like when Facebook changes their layout every so often). But I really believe we're working on a layout that will be a lot more intuitive when all is said and done! If there was something specific you really liked about the old way that you want restored, please do reach out.

do... do they want jcink back???

[Image: 25a.jpg]

RE: Forum Improvement Project! - Thiath - 04-03-2021

(04-02-2021, 10:05 AM)Swanty Wrote: 5) Put announcements right at the top (5)
- I agree with this. I'm proposing to separate Announcements into its own category that sits just below Getting Started
Hey It's me!

RE: Forum Improvement Project! - NicholasTheGreat - 04-03-2021

I like retirements in getting started. Its where you start your journey so it should be where you end it.

RE: Forum Improvement Project! - Swanty - 04-04-2021

An alternative to separating out Player Transactions into its own forum within Player Development:

Place each team's Player Transactions thread within each Team's forum (where your Roster page and Update page are).

Keen to hear if anyone has a strong preference for either of these.

RE: Forum Improvement Project! - SchwarzNarr - 04-04-2021

(04-04-2021, 09:02 AM)Swanty Wrote: An alternative to separating out Player Transactions into its own forum within Player Development:

Place each team's Player Transactions thread within each Team's forum (where your Roster page and Update page are).

Keen to hear if anyone has a strong preference for either of these.

I'd rather keep all of my 'Earn TPE' options together, instead of scrolling even further down to my team section of the forums, personally.

RE: Forum Improvement Project! - Swanty - 04-05-2021

(04-04-2021, 10:37 AM)SchwarzNarr Wrote: I'd rather keep all of my 'Earn TPE' options together, instead of scrolling even further down to my team section of the forums, personally.

That's a great point, all being in the same place would make the most sense

RE: Forum Improvement Project! - 37thchamber - 04-08-2021

(04-02-2021, 10:58 AM)Maglubiyet Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 10:05 AM)Swanty Wrote: 21) Auto player generator (4)
- I love the idea of this one. Using something like the existing player builder to spit out a nicely formatted forum post for a new player would be great. I don't know how feasible one that integrates with the forum would be, but adding an export functionality to the player builder sounds realistic.
I'm not a web developer, but I feel reasonably confident in my ability to replicate the player builder in Google Sheets and then export the results to forum via clipboard. Glad to work on it if that's a direction we'd like to go in, but I don't want to duplicate the work that's already been done on the player builder if it's going to be updated there. Just let me know if I can help!

This would be easy enough to edit to include player builder functionality. Though I don't see the point in doing these things in google sheets when there's a bigger undertaking already underway (omnibus) to address things like that. This is why I haven't developed anything new for this place in about a year.

Whole point of the dev server was to centralise things like this, so we wouldnt end up with random people doing their own thing here, there, and everywhere, but I dunno what's going on there now. Feels like that needs to be clarified perhaps. I dunno.