International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT2 - Mascots - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT2 - Mascots (/showthread.php?tid=31282)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

(S28) PT2 - Mascots - siddhus - 04-05-2021

(S28) PT2 - Mascots

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. Graphic responses must show more effort than a text box on an unedited image.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S28 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, April 11, at 11:59 ET. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: This past weekend, Easter was observed in different countries around the world. The Easter bunny is the mascot that is considered the representative of the holiday. What is your ISFL/DSFL team's mascot like? What makes them special in comparison to other team's mascots in the league?

Graphic option: Create a graphic of your team's mascot, which can include team colors/logos/apparel. Make sure to put some effort into it, remember that this is for PT credit.

Affiliate claims from SHL, PBE, and GOMHL are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please.

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - siddhus - 04-05-2021

ph

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - FootballIsCool - 04-05-2021

That sailfish is a pain in the Stump. Sammie the sailfish is notorious for for being a prankster along with his school of fish. Since I have joined the Sarasota Sailfish I have run the gauntlet of the international simulation football league pranks. Since walking in the front door, my very first interaction with Sammie was he handed me a mop and told me to mop the parking lot...next Sammie hit me with the classic “car-monica”. He taped a harmonica under the front of my car. Gradually I thought I heard a wheezing sound coming from my engine. I took my car to the mechanic to see what was going on and charged me $200 to tell me there was a harmonica under my front bumper...next there was a team meeting where there were caramel apples, turns out they were onions…once I took a bite into the onion, Sammie asked “how do you like them apples?”. I proceeded to shove Sammie. After our first road trip, I returned home only to find that every one of my family photos had each face cut out and replaced with a photo of Nicholas Cage. Needless to say, if Sammie goes missing, It was probably me.

[205 words]

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Rusfan - 04-05-2021

The mascot of the Colorado Yeti of the International Simulation Football League, or the ISFL, is obviously known as the Yeti. This mascot does what any other mascot would do on gameday, hyping up the audience during the game and being a funny creature to look at during breaks in the action. This mascot also plays a role for the teams social media crew. Hyping up fans during the week of any and all games, driving events for charity especially for children. The look of a yeti is updated as per the most populer and common understanding of the yeti for the time. Right now the look is of a 10 foot tall creature covered in fur with two long legs and two extra long arms. massive sharp teeth protrude from its mouth. The suit itself is insulated and given an interior device to help the wearer keep their oxygen levels at safe levels, as it would do little for the crowds morale to see their mascot collapse right before halftime due to asphyxiation. The color of the creature matches the uniforms of the Yeti team that day, mainly red and yellow for the normal uniforms and changing for events like the color rush.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Tesla - 04-05-2021

Affiliate PBE PT

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Opera_Phantom - 04-05-2021

Being in Norfolk, the mascot is obviously a Seawolf. And what is this animal hybrid like, you ask? Ok, so imagine a wolf. Pretty standard, 4 legged large canine native to Eurasia and North America. Easy. Big teeth, moves in packs, is highly adaptable, hunts "socially", as it normally join forces between themselves to hunt larger prey.
So now remove their back legs and replace them with a great white shark tail and throw it onto the sea. Can you imagine? Half shark, half wolf, swimming around the ocean hunting submarines and other vessels, while growling and howling to the moon. Damn, that is scary.
The worst part would be to translate that into the game day mascot. I can only imagine how hard it would be for a dude in a Seawolf costume to move around the field hyping the crowd up. The sight of a scary animal, limping and falling around due to the inability to walk with the shark tail is not very menacing and scary to the Norfolk opponents. And how do we fix this? Get him on a hoverboard. Now get the full picture: You get to the field to play and you see a half wolf, half shark coming at high speed you in a hoverboard. Game over peeps, Norfolk wins again.

(218 words)

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Naosu - 04-05-2021

PBE CW

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - LewisMelville - 04-05-2021

Happy Easter everyone. The Berlin Fire Salamanders are the only International Simulation Football League team that is based in Europe which means our team has the only European mascot. This separates us from all the other teams in the league because the our mascot is only found in Europe. 

What also currently separates us from the rest of the league is we are the only unbeaten team across both conferences. Unlike our players who have a diet of beating teams that just aren't as dominant or as good as us the diet of the fire salamander consists of various insects, spiders, earthworms and slugs, but they also occasionally eat newts and young frogs. In captivity, they eat crickets, mealworms, waxworms and silkworm larvae. Small prey will be caught within the range of the vomerine teeth or by the posterior half of the tongue, to which the prey adheres. It weighs about 40 grams. The fire salamander is one of Europe's largest salamanders and can grow to be 15–25 centimetres. So naturally some folk may think our 20 foot salamander mascot at games might be a bit of an exaggeration it will not (it's not very intimidating to have an actual fire salamander in the ground on game day unless we unleashed hundred in the away 
dressing room) look out of place in the latest Godzilla v Kong movie.

Go Sallies

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Raven - 04-05-2021

Code:
Written option: This past weekend, Easter was observed in different countries around the world. The Easter bunny is the mascot that is considered the representative of the holiday. What is your ISFL/DSFL team's mascot like? What makes them special in comparison to other team's mascots in the league?

Ray the manta ray is a very cool dude. He goes around and uses his big suit to just lay down on people in the crowd. He will usually come from behind and just flop himself on a group of unsuspecting people in the crowd. They always get a massive kick out of it. In the fan base this tradicition has been dubbed 'a hug from ray' and is considered something of a blessing among the true fans of the Hahalaus. If you are one of the lucky people per game to be graced by ray and his hug, some kind of luck with fall upon you and your family. One person reported that after he went to a Hahalua game and received the blessing of 'a hug from ray', the next day he won the lottery. Other have reported similiar things, one found his missing cat the next day and another found a nickle between his pile of socks. The luck ranges from small things to big ones and many fans look forward to 'a hug from ray'. Furthermore did you know the guy that dresses up in the ray suit is actually just a college student who does it in his spare time to make an extra buck for his college fees. His name is Darrel, pretty cool dude.

[221 words]

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Crunk - 04-05-2021

The Arizona Outlaws have had a troubled history of mascots.

Their first attempt was to hire a real gunfighter. There aren’t many left these days, but they hired the best local gun they could, ‘Wild’ Wesley Watson. Though they saved a lot of effort doing it (he wore his own “costume” anyway) this turned out not to be worth it. He didn’t do much on the sidelines except sit and drink whiskey, and when he fired shots into the air to celebrate a kickoff return touchdown he was removed by security and had his contract terminated. During the subsequent tribunal, it was revealed his real name was Julian.

Their second mascot was more traditional. Cocky the Gun was a nice idea in concept (kiss my second amendment) but the mistake was made to model the suit on the pistol from the Outlaws’ old logo. Have you seen the barrel on that thing? Sheer physics meant that the poor guy wearing the handle had to be leaning backwards at all times to stay upright. Turning was impossible, and when he fell over (which he did) multiple cheerleaders had to rescue him. So Cocky was retired.

Now we have a dude in a big foam outlaw costume. He was never named, but the fans have taken to calling him Gunner, mainly to annoy the backup running back whose name they would never dream of chanting. They shout, the mascot mimes shooting, Thorbjornsson throws a bottle of Gatorade at him, and all is well. What makes him great? He’s at Arizona.