International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT2 - Mascots - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT2 - Mascots (/showthread.php?tid=31282)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - cjmccarley - 04-09-2021

[Image: uNUHiFq.png]

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - negs - 04-09-2021

My ISFL team’s mascot, the Philadelphia Liberty, is Benji The Bellboy. Benji is absolutely the most special and legendary mascots in all of the ISFL. Benji stands for everything that is great about both Philadelphia and the United States. He is kind, caring, and is always there for the players whether they have a great day or a bad day. Not only does Benji help the fans get ready for the game, but he is also one bell from service! If a player needs water or gatorade, ring the bell and Benji The Bell Boy is there in under 5 seconds. A fan wants a high five? All they have to do is ring the bell and Benji rides his luggage cart across the field to give them what they need! After the games, Benji loves to interact with the fans. He truly believes that the fans are the ones who make his job so easy and he really does love talking to them and being part of the Philly culture. Whenever he goes out anywhere in downtown Philly or to get a cheesesteak, he is immediately recognized and adored. There is no other mascot we would rather have than Benji!

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - JuOSu - 04-09-2021

PBE CW

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - WhatAmUs - 04-09-2021

Curtis Coyote

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - musha6570 - 04-09-2021

The mascot for my DSFL team is a pirate. To be more specific it is a ghost pirate or at least a skeleton pirate. It is representative of the Bondi Beach Buccaneers. This mascot is a pretty cool one and a classic concept overall. There have been many sports teams that have used the pirate concept to great success. The ghost/skeleton pirate is a fresh and new twist on a classic brand. I think our mascot is obviously tough and could more than likely beat up all the other mascots if need be. A tough mascot is a superior mascot in my humble opinion. I do not think a bird dog or even a python could take down our ghost/skeleton pirate. The luchadores could probably knock him down but being just mere mortals would be their downfall. I am really only concerned about the seawolves and that is because pirates tend to sail on pirate ships. The seawolves are submarines and therefore have superior battle technology to the buccaneers. Ultimately, however, it would be a ghost ship and I am unsure even a submarine could sink that for any real length of time. All and all the Mascot for our DSFL team is pretty cool and definitely a true classic.

Code:
212 Words

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - yonggarius - 04-10-2021

The mascot for Colorado Yeti is of course, a Yeti. However, the mascot is no normal yeti (If you can even call regular yetis normal). Instead, it's a yellow yeti. Why yellow? You would ask. The Yeti's uniform colors are mostly red, black and white after all.

The thing is, a significant portion of Yeti fans and players have been petitioning to include Yellow as one of the Yeti's official colors. While the movement to include Yellow more in uniforms were blocked by some of team high ups and a certain ex- quarterback, the people seized their chance when an open vote for new team mascot was announced. And after a landslide vote, the yellow yeti became the official mascot for the Colorado Yeti.

Yeeto the yellow Yeti- who was named after the team's iconic "yeet the ball" offensive scheme- is a beloved figure amongst both fans and players. Yeeto never shies away from opportunities to "yeet" presents in to the stands during a game, whether it requires him to use a t shirt cannon or just throw the presents with his own arms. That nature plus his cartoon like appearance and color made him one of the all time favorite mascots in the ISFL. So even though some management people of the Yeti didn't like Yeeto at first because of his color, they had no choice but to embrace him after he got so popular. (236)

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - MrStennett - 04-10-2021

Playing football in Arizona is made special by our awesome mascot, the Outlaw. Our weekly foes are often intimidated by not only the meaning behind having a career criminal as a mascot, but also the fact that he very prominently displays that he is carrying a firearm. It's like, we'll do whatever we have to to win. We'll lie, we'll cheat, and if that all fails, we'll shoot your entire team and win by forfeit. That is the Outlaw mentality. The team's win at all costs methodology is sometimes shaken because we lose. We quickly rebound from that loss when someone suggests we tie the opposing running back's shoe laces together and we're on to the next win, probably. It was even once suggested that we should all wear bandanas on the field as a show of team solidarity, but we were informed shortly afterwards that that is against league uniform policies. Just another way a corrupt, unyielding system is stacked against the might Outlaw dynasty (that hasn't quite managed to win anything of note. Yet.) Basically, this is all to say that the Outlaws informs and is indeed the direct model of our team identity and the way that we approach every, single game day. As the old adage goes, if you aren't cheating, you aren't trying!

Code:
218 words

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Swanty - 04-10-2021

The Fire Salamander is by far the most fearsome team mascot the ISFL, or any league for that matter, has ever known. First of all, it has Fire in its name, which indicates its natural ability to endure searing hot temperatures. It was given the name because it likes to live inside logs of wood, and when people would throw wood onto the fire, they'd see the Fire Salamander scuttling around in the fire. That's badass.

Second, it's poisonous. That's right. Not content with being able to literally survive in fire (this might not be technically true, but let's run with it), if you consume a load of fire salamanders, you would probably die. And lastly, in a show of how ruthless these little critters can be, they will also shed their own skin and eat it. I assume this is to show potential rivals how insane and terrifying they are. Judging from Berlin's performance on the field this season, this intimidation tactic seems to be working.

And just to skip through a few of the other league's mascots for comparison's sake. Otters? Adorable. Butchers? Skilled meat artisans. Liberty? A good thing for all. Yeti and Wraiths? Don't exist. Sailfish? That one's pretty badass to be fair.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Faded - 04-10-2021

In the ISFL, there are some pretty simple mascots out there that don't need that much explanation. You got your Otters, your Hawks, your Lions, etc. But, then you start to get to the ones that may need a bit of explanation, such as the Second Line, Wraiths, and Seawolves. And then you get to the weird ones. The Hahalua is certainly one of them, as, at a surface level, no one is really certain what a Hahalua is. It certainly sounds Hawaiian, and from the image it looks like a fish of some sort, but other than that, your best bet is to look up what a Hahalua is. Hawaiian Magazine says, “The name of the manta—hahalua—can be interpreted as ‘two breaths... ha, meaning breath, and lua, meaning two." What they are talking about is a stingray. Neat. 

Now that we have a definition, lets talk about how dope this friggin mascot is. Looking at it, you see its beautiful, rich blue that does a good job of representing the Hawaiian Islands and Honolulu, and the blue waters that surround it. With that, it's angry eyes certainly intimidate their opponents, and it also, funnily enough, looks like it has a frown, or a really sweet mustache. As apart of the team, I don't know which one I want more. 

So, there is my take on my mascot. Hopefully we will continue to make opponents fear what the "haha" may have against them :triumph:

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - RussDrivesTheBus - 04-10-2021

The Grey Duck may be small, but he is mighty! Swift, agile and graceful in the air, the Grey Duck is a majestic creature full of power. Our mascot’s image has taken a few forms over the seasons, and each year we add new users that have put their spins on the design. Perhaps some of you may be familiar with our slightly controversial color rush design from a few seasons ago. As for our original design,@Nokazoa was the designer of the Grey Duck logo. He came through with a fantastic image after the Marshals chose to rebrand the team. It is the design that we still use to this day as the official team logo. 

As for the man in the suit, the Grey Ducks organization believes in second chances. We hired a convicted felon, in order to give him another shot at life. His rap sheet is quite long, but we believe that transgressions of the past do not have to define your future. He is a valued member of our organization, and it’s good to know that if things did get a little hairy, he could certainly handle himself. He’s had a couple sideline spats with opposing teams, but we like to see that more as team spirit!