International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT2 - Mascots - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT2 - Mascots (/showthread.php?tid=31282)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Alucas - 04-11-2021

PBE CW Affiliate

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Air Crou - 04-11-2021

Mascots man. One of my favorite things as a sports fan. The thought process behind what the mascot actually looks like, how it is presented, all that fun stuff. Here in Berlin, our mascot is the Fire Salamander. The fire sally is one of the most common species of salamanders in Europe, and boy oh boy is it toxic. If it poisons you, you get convulsions and hyperventilate, which can both be deadly. We could use a hundred of them in the away locker room, but we would rather smash our opponents on the field. So we got a dude who shall not be named because he said so, and gave him a 9 foot tall costume to wear. The costume is as close to an actual fire sally, without the toxins obviously. Black with yellow, red, and orange spots, and some neat visuals, provided to us by our tech team, that give a feeling that the mascot is on fire, to represent the passion of our fans, that is matched by the players. What makes our mascot special? It is fearsome, and let me tell you, a fire salamander would beat any other mascot in an actual fight. And I invite you to fight me for it.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - bex - 04-11-2021

[Image: Image-2-SSN-Seawolf-Class.png]
Meet Goaty the Goat Boat, mascot of the amazing Norfolk Seawolves

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - JBLAZE_THE_BOSS - 04-11-2021

PBE CW

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - kingtag1999 - 04-11-2021

PBE PT Afiiliate Link

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - soryantyler - 04-11-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - LB3737 - 04-11-2021

The mascot belonging to the Sarasota Sailfish is possibly not only the one most unique to a team in the International Simulation Football League, but also one of the most unique ones to be seen with any team or franchise, in any sport, in any part of the world. The biggest reason for the apparent unique-ness of the Sarasota Sailfishes mascot is the fact that the Sailfish do not have just one mascot, but the Sailfish have in fac many mascots, at many different times. You see, the Sailfish are a franchise who are known for trying to be as inclusive as possible, and thus, the Sailfish pick different fishies from different parts of the ocean to represent them in each different game, as they do not like to leave any one fish out. For instance, the most well know mascot for the Sarasota Sailfish would have to of course be Sebastian the Sailfish, a jolly creature who dons the fishies blue, green and white outfit when it is his time to represent them on game day, but the Sailfish also have other fish mascots ranging anywhere from Charles the Leedsichthys Problematicus to Petey the Pancake Batfish, and these mascots are always decided by both fans and personnel in their beloved fish of the day area.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - 37thchamber - 04-11-2021

So most fans know the Yeti mascot, it's hard to miss the guy, he's 8 feet tall, and extremely hairy. That makes him pretty unique, already. What people don't know is that the guy inside the sasquatch suit, a Denver-born guy called Steve, is far more than just a mascot.

Steve is actually a part time voice actor, so the roars and growls and other assorted uh... Yeti noises... Are actually made by Steve. They're not an amalgam of animal sounds like chewbacca, or some kind of recording played through a speaker. No. Steve does that shit. With his mouth (and throat I guess). He's like that one guy in police academy but wearing a massive bigfoot costume.

Steve admits that he prefers the anonymity afforded by the suit, though. "I feel like it would be a bit strange to have people recognise me in streets," he says. "I'm just a guy in a costume making weird noises. Like Andy Serkis but not as talented."

Since the costume is 8 feet tall and Steve is only around 6 feet tall, we were curious how he gets the extra height, since the head part of the costume goes over his, like a mask and helmet in one.

"Shoe lifts," Steve nods and winks conspiratorial. "Was really odd the first time I put them on, since I'm not a short guy. Felt a bit like wearing stilts."

Steve mostly entertains fans by taking photos or making short video clips, but occasionally tries to hide in the crowd. A gag Steve finds particularly amusing. "They actually help me hide a lot of the time, it's great," he says. "It's all part of the magic, having three kids try to hide a massive hairy guy. It never works, obviously. But that's the job, you know?"

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - ajtigger - 04-11-2021

As far as I am aware, the San Jose Sabercats do not have a team mascot so I am going to invent one at this moment. May I be the first to introduce you to Sam the Sabercat. Sam is model after the famous saber-tooth cats and tigers that once roamed our planet many years ago. In fact being a member of an extinct species is precisely what makes Sam a unique mascot. While their are other mascots that are fictional (the yeti and the wraiths) no team besides San Jose has a mascot that no longer exits on the Earth. Sam has been with the team since their inception in 2016 but has undergone a few changes. When Sam was released, she was ferocious looking animal with prominent teeth that have made Sabercats famous. However, the ferocious appearance did not sit well with some younger fans and thus the owners decided to change the appearance to increase possible merchandise sales. Sam also for a three game period at the end of 2028 also had a family introduced as another marketing gimmick. Sam was married to Steve the sabercat and they had a baby named Stanely. Fans did not pay much attention the increased SaberCat family and so the idea was scraped rather quickly. The final fun fact about Sam is that each year of her existence, the Sabercats add one inch to her tail. At 28 years of Sam the tail, which started at 15 inches is now 43. This may become a hazard someday for the mascot but for now it is something the Sabercats intend to keep going.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - overdoo - 04-11-2021

[Image: CAW_CAW.png?width=1070&height=1133]
(Disclaimer: I did not make this, Jellyfish had made a mascot for us earlier in the season and I think it deserves to be shown off)

While they have not come to life just yet, there were some ideas on how to market a new Baltimore Hawks mascot. Names such as Shrill, Jeffrey, George, and "One Big Hawk" had gone up for discussion, but I'm sure you could guess which one PR narrowed that down to. That's right, the new mascot's name will be George. As depicted, he is pretty much just a hawk, but some in the organization thought the name "George" and the overall look of the hawk was not scary enough. So, some of the team went out and bought some sick curved knives, birds beak paring knives. With 5 bought, they taped them onto the feet of the hawk to make talons that could hurt a child, just as intended. You may be thinking, when did George lose a toe? He didn't the missing talon ended up being a lego brick taken straight from a player's kid. First seen as an unintended mistake turned out to be the most dangerous part of these supposed upgrades. Lastly, Larsen had gone to a local shop and frankly got a little overwhelmed, unintentionally buying a flag about double the size of intended. However, no one knew that he had made a mistake until he guiltily brought it up. As you can guess, he was praised. Now some poor chap in a costume has to wave a massive flag on his own. Also, uh, because the flag is impressive. That is the biggest reason. I think.

(250 words)