International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT2 - Mascots - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT2 - Mascots (/showthread.php?tid=31282)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - excelsior - 04-11-2021

The Baltimore Hawks mascot is one that is really, really weird. Because we have a logo that is just a hawk head, our mascot is a humanoid figure yellow bird with this giant, out of place hawk head which looks really funny, kind of like the Seahawks logo. The name of the mascot is Marco, but I think it was originally called Falco before they decided to be more original and change it. The Hawks mascot isn't even that bad in comparison to some of the other mascots around the league. The Liberty's logo is terrible, or at least, it used to be, when I grew up watching the league. After the rebrand I have paid little attention to their mascot. The one I'm familiar with was just this giant bell with legs, and it looked so out of place. Hopefully they changed it to something more patriotic, like Uncle Sam. The best logo is probably the Wraiths logo, as it's a grim reaper that basically looks like it's floating when it walks due to some crazy technology that the Wraiths put into the mascot, and apparently it costs a lot. Now that's some intimidating branding. The Hawks may end up changing their mascot and logo pretty soon however, at least, if I have nan say in it.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - The_Kidd - 04-11-2021

I currently play for the Austin Copperheads and I can say that although they are one of several animal mascots around the league, there was actual thought put behind their mascot. Let's start with the competition first: 

Hawks are a generic animal in sports and aren't really indigenous to the eastern harbor; 
Fire Salamanders is a unique twist and pays great homage to the German geography but Fire Salamanders really doesn't roll off the tongue, like some of those European football clubs that people rather refer to only by their location and never their nickname; 
are the Yeti even real? And if so, what part of the Rocky Mountains did they terrorize? Plus, are they even that scary when a dog took over their land; 
the Sailfish are used for alliteration purposes as the team owners seem to not know the difference between sailfish and marlin --- and there's already a marlin team in Florida, like there is already a bird team in Maryland; 
Hahalua are another alliteration accident as Maui Manta Rays would be more apropos and easier to pronounce. Did you not Hahalua Manta Rays are basically off-brand stingrays;
Sabrecats ---- not even worth discussing since there is, or was, an actual pro team named the San Jose Sabrecats.

Ergo, the Copperheads, the big venomous pit vipers that can actually be found in Texas(whether in the east Texas swamps and forests or the Chihuahuan Desert out west) are the best mascot. They are sleek, dangerous, mobile, and hard to properly catch and handle, much like their ISFL counterparts.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Attopax - 04-11-2021

Our mascot has taken several forms in discussions, and Honolulu hasn't yet developed a formal mascot. Hahalua is Hawaiian for manta ray, so clearly that would be the basis of our mascot. Therefore, we are unique in that we have a lot of options available creatively due to our team. We could do the classic "stingray" in a football costume. This would allow us to do several things such as making the the "body" human, or instead having the stingray be the head. Therefore, because of our animalistic mascot, we could do a full bodied stingray that could be unique in appearance because it isn't directly personified. So, we could instead have a stingray gliding across the ground would could be entertaining if we motorized it somehow to allow it to be quick. I'm sure we would also have some sort of naming convention starting with the letter "H" because alliteration is king in marketing, am I right? One last cool idea could be to get an actual ray in an aquarium on display in our main concourse. This would allow for us to do more community engagement by having it be something that we could base kids events around like learning about the ray and partnering with local aquariums. Therefore, our mascot could go beyond the gridiron in into educational interactions with the youth of our fanbase.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Kyle - 04-11-2021

SHL affiliate

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Philliesphan96 - 04-11-2021

The mascot for the International Sim Football League franchise based in the wonderful city of Austin, Texas is incredibly fear striking Copperhead. The copperhead is a type of snake that gets it's name from the copper coloring of its head. The copperhead is a member of the Viper family and is actually called a Pit Viper. The Copperhead is found all across the Eastern North America. The Copperhead's territory includes other International Sim Football League team's cities such as the New York Silverbacks, the Philadelphia Liberty, the Baltimore Hawks, and the New Orleans Second Line. This means that the Austin Copperheads really have claim to 4 other teams in our league. The Copperhead is the perfect mascot to strike fear into the heart of your opponent because of the fact that it is a snake. Snakes are one of the biggest villains in the Bible and other than the Detroit Demons in the Pro Baseball Experience, the snake, or the Austin Copperheads, would be the most fearsome mascot in all sim leagues by Biblical standards. If the God that created the entire universe curses an entire species for its evil deeds, it is probably a mascot that should strike fear into the heart of your opponents.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - bigbluex02 - 04-11-2021

PBE

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - frazzle14 - 04-11-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - GlimsTC - 04-11-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - supertardis101 - 04-11-2021

PBE PT - http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=18551&view=findpost&p=299993

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - RedArrow12c - 04-11-2021

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=18551&view=findpost&p=298489

CW