International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT2 - Mascots - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT2 - Mascots (/showthread.php?tid=31282)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Alcott - 04-05-2021

My current playing team remains as the Dallas Birddogs. The name birddog doesn't refer to a specific breed of canine companion, as it can refer to any number of our furry friends that can track and retrieve game, though the top hunting breeds tend to be Labrador retriever, golden retriever, beagle, american foxhound, English springer spaniel, pointer, chesapeake bay retriever, bluetick coonhound, English setter, and Irish setter. From the look of the Dallas mascot though, it most resembles the English springer spaniel, which is an agile and fast breed that excels at chasing, tracking, and navigating small spaces, all of which are necessary skills for being a good football player as they relate to hunting down the ball carriers while on defense, tracking the ball in the air for both receivers and defensive backs, and navigating tight spaces allows for sliding through holes to hit run lanes for bigger gains in the running game. The birddog mascot is better than all the others as it truly exemplifies all the traits that are needed to succeed on and off the field, as besides the athletic prowess they promote, the disposition of most of the hunting breeds is excellent and perfect for a family or keeping a locker room together

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Cheech65 - 04-05-2021

Sallie the Fire Salamander

[Image: nGDuWxN.png]

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - KezKincaid - 04-05-2021

In Tijuana, the mascot is Lucky Lopez, the Taco Luchadore! Luchadores are of course famous for being the acrobatic wrestlers who often wear masks and elaborate costumes. So Lucky Lopez is a taco dressed in spangly wrestling doublet and wearing a mask in the team colors. He is beloved by all fans as he goes around during the game roaming through the stands entertaining fans with his frolicking antics, as well as launching tacos into the crowd from his custom taco-shooting cannon. Tears of joy and terror stream down the faces of children as this giant wrestling taco tosses them into the air and then body slams them back into their seats. At half-time, Lucky Lopez is the host of the half-time spectacular, as a wrestling ring is quickly fabricated at center field, and a match between well-known or up-and-coming wrestlers put on a match. There has recently been a collaboration between the Tijuana team and the fledgling RoH wrestling circuit. Fans have been treated already to matches between Ravishing Riko Rude and our Lord and Savior Gumby, as well as a tag team competition between the tag team Kiss Me I'm Shitfaced and the Guerilla Boyz, and there are plenty more to come as the season goes on! Lucky Lopez is the perfect counterpoint to the exciting athletic Luchadores team on the field, giving the fans plenty of entertainment and cheering to make going to the games such a great experience!

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Cincyfan96 - 04-05-2021

Here's the thing. When I first heard that the new expansion team was going with "fire salamanders" as its mascot, I was skeptical. Not because they aren't cool but because it's sooooooooo long! But the longer I'm around the team and its mascot, the more I love it. First of all, fire is the coolest (pun very much intended) element and you cannot tell me otherwise. It's fire. We all love it. We've all sat next to it, poking it with sticks and pretending we know how to build and sustain it (you might - I don't). Then, salamanders. They're slimy, they're fast, they're so gosh darn cute (you've seen Frozen 2, right? So gosh darn cute). You combine the coolness, the hotness, the speed, and the cuteness and you've got an unbeatable force in Berlin. Last thing about our mascot - the logo. It's so sleek. It's intimidating. It's fun to look at. It looks just a little like a turtle when it's all small and on the side of the screen next to the others...But I love it. I'm so glad that the mascot I was unsure about ended up trading for me and winning me over to its slimy, cute, hot, badassery - I wouldn't trade it for any other in the league. Also, my mascot is 4-0 this year, so...case closed. Go fire salamanders!!! (I love it, but the name is still too long...)

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Cody - 04-05-2021

Introducing the new mascot for the Philadelphia Liberty  PHI PHI PHI

[Image: 4fWypzB.png]

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - shrub02 - 04-05-2021

[Image: mascot.png]

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - CementHands - 04-05-2021

PBE CW Claim

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - xTri - 04-05-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Reno - 04-05-2021

208 words

So actually the Butchers have two different mascots. I wasn’t sure why we decided to go in this direction but it’s paid off in spades for fan engagement. The first mascot we have is a giant dragon that we named H.H. Holmes in honor of the Chicago based architect. The building he designed was the Murder Castle! Now, I know what you’re saying. Tree why do the Butchers have a mascot named after one of the more famous serial killers in the world? And to answer you, why not? Chicago’s history is rooted in violence and murder so why not embrace the past in a comical way? Teaches the kids about history through non-violent means. The other mascot the Butchers have is Tyron “CC” Shields. CC is the mascot because he’s the biggest clown on the field and in the locker room and he’s just so silly whenever he tries to be serious. The reason our two mascots are special is because no other team in the league has a mascot like ours. Not even London has a mascot named after a serial killer (which is a real missed Jack the Ripper opportunity), and no team has their own cornerback and general manager as a mascot as well.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - jzajenius36 - 04-05-2021

Well this is a bit of a forced task for those of us who are members of the Philadelphia Liberty, but here we go. The Liberty Bell…the Easter Bunny. One, a nation’s symbol of freedom, perseverance, ambitiousness, and prosperity. The other, an oversized rabbit that lays decorative eggs, gives out chocolate to children, and is associated with Jesus H. Christ and religious celebration. Both mascots, yes. But both far from similar. Liberty is the only International Simulation Football League mascot/team name that is actually a state of being, as opposed to referencing a particular animal, or type of person/people. So for that reason mainly, the Easter Bunny could compare much more favorably to basically any other team in the league. Heck, with the weird names we have here (I’m looking at you: Fire Salamanders, Yeti, Hahalua), I would hardly even blink an eye if all of a sudden the league announced the expansion team ‘Evansville Easter Bunnies’ next season. And again, that’s what makes the Liberty so unique. It’s not just another weird creature that holds a vague and fleeting relevance to the city it’s tied to, NO. Freedom, liberty, and justice for all were ideas that were fought for in blood, right here, where the football field lies. And the Philadelphia Liberty are paying some, albeit small, tribute to those fallen heroes with the names on its jersey. With all due respect to the Easter Bunny, you can hop on past Pennsylvania, cuz we’re happy with that big bell in the sky!