International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT2 - Mascots - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT2 - Mascots (/showthread.php?tid=31282)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - dude_man - 04-06-2021

So to be quite honest, this Point Task should be fairly easy because the DSFL team that I’m on literally has a Mexican wrestler as our mascot. This dude is crazy, I mean I refer to him as “Crazy Tony” and that may be an understatement. I mean wrestlers in general are crazy, but he embodies the WWE attitude and I’m not looking to mess with that. But with that being said, that is what makes him so special in itself. The dude is so passionate on the field and like sure, I know he almost attacked a ref, but like dude, he is into his character and the ref made a terrible call, so sue him. I mean please don’t cause the peso is not close to the dollar and I’m not sure he can afford it. As a DSFL team, the Luchadores are able to embody the International aspect in the ISFL, so it’s even more so great that we can be in Mexico and have “Crazy Tony” as our mascot is special in itself, and it’s great for the league and fans because we can expand our fanbase. And let’s be real, it’s one the safer picks in the DSFL because you literally have a lion, a python, a seawolf (what in the world is that?), a buccaneer, and even a coyote, so we’re definitely on the safer side and are not going to create any legal issues with the ISFL.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Ephenssta - 04-06-2021

The Yeti is a mysterious creature that supposedly hails from the mountainous Himalayan mountains. Those fluent in folklore suspect the legend originated from Sherpa folklore and idiot tourists failing to recognize animals like bears from a distance. There is, of course, an American equivalent of the Yeti known as Big Foot or the Abominable Snowman. Obviously those are not nearly as catchy for a team name, so the folks establishing Colorado went with the Yeti. While many people would surely say that the Yeti does not exist and the reclusive team owner is just a wealthy person who does not enjoy the limelight, the team has other theories. The Yeti is, in fact real. At some point, the Yeti moved from the Himalayas to Colorado to fulfill a lifelong dream of running an ISFL team. Such a move makes some sense as Colorado has a lot of mountains not too far away from Denver. The Yeti could continue to enjoy living in the mountains while also getting to be the owner of its own football team. This would also explain the emergence of similar “sightings” in the United States. The Yeti is, in fact, here! However, while the Yeti allows its likeness to be used as the team’s logo, the Yeti has not allowed the team to create a mascot in its image at this time. The Yeti feels any such attempts would really amount to a mockery.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Drizzy - 04-06-2021

The first consideration that really has to go in place with the Tijuana Luchadores and their mascot is ensuring that it is not racially insensitive. Being that they are based in Mexico but marketed primarily to a wider American audience because that’s where the league is based, it’s important that the Luchadores don’t fall into easy stereotypes in order to select their mascot. That is why I have decided that the Luchadores will go somewhere out of left field and select an animal as their mascot; an animal that is found in the region of Tijuana and as such fits with their brand. Coyotes are apparently very commonly found in Tijuana and as such I believe that Corey Coyote would be exactly the kind of mascot that the team needs to be respectful not only to the fans of the Luchadores and the area which they call home, but also to the duty the team has to not be lazy when representing the great country of Mexico. Corey Coyote would allow the team to ensure that the team has good education links with local children and will allow them to teach them about local wildlife and the things that they can do to help them.

Code:
205 words

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Hord300 - 04-06-2021

I had the distinct pleasure of being drafted by the Portland Pythons. It was an honor putting on the green colors and being able to join my Snek family on the football field. The Python of Portland is a Sneaky Snek. He is the first one on the field on game day, finding the best spot to stalk the opposing team’s mascots. He precisely times his strike on the other mascot, and when they finally notice Python has struck, they’ve already been Snek-bitten, and we walk away with a glorious win.  Obviously always stalking and attacking the other mascots, he isn’t well liked by the opposing teams and has earned the reputation as being loner, only spending time with his Snek family in green. But to the team, Python is the morale booster with his surgical antics against the other mascots on game day. And on the days the team is unable to come away with a win, Python is the first one to greet the players after the game, consoling every player and coach with a comforting “Sssssss” and a pat on the back with his tail. Rumor has it, that Python has been around since the dinosaur era. Hiding in the forests of Oregon, until one day this college built a football field where he called home, and once the Sneks walked onto the field of their very first game, Python came out of hiding and lined up on the sideline next to the players hissing at the other team. At first Portland players and coaches were scared of Python, but when they saw the fear that he struck into the hearts of the opposing team, they embraced him as family and made him their mascot. Thus creating the Portland Pythons we know and love today.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - IceBear32 - 04-06-2021

The Minnesota Grey Duck - Calm on the surface but paddling like hell under water. I think this represents the team in more ways than one. With each weeks preparation fresh in our mind we are excited yet anxious for that weeks matchup. But even with that the pent up energy we need to remain calm and not tip our hand at what the game plan may be. Our players remain the cool calm and collected type to the naked eyes but what you don't see is the heart, the anticipation, and the many hours of training that goes on behind the scenes to make us what we appear to be on gameday.  In addition to the "more than meets the eye" attitude of the Minnesota Grey Ducks is our versatility. How many animals are able to adapt to whatever the environment has to throw their way?  Air, water, and land? I won't say the duck is the best at any of these, but what I will say it is well rounded. Just as our team needs to be able to excel at each aspect of the game. 

The duck may not be something that keep others awake at night but the duck will always be a great representation of the team we have today. Full of heart and willing to adjust and do whatever it takes to win. You'll never see a duck struggle but you should know they are going to keep paddling like hell until they win! 

Go Ducks!

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - y2bobman - 04-06-2021

You may think that it's pretty obvious what the mascot for the Arizona Outlaws should be, right?  Must be some kinda cowboy, firing out bourbon from some giant water pistol.  Actually, that does sound pretty cool, I'm gonna make a note of that for next time...

But alas, it's not that (unfortunately).  It's actually a man, on stilts, dressed up as a saloon bar called "Outlaws".  There are a couple of big swinging saloon doors on the front, housing an array of merchandise items for those who are lucky enough to get inside.  The mascot struts around the stadium during the game, inviting fans down from the stands to grab something to remember the day by.  In past seasons the saloon has also been a place to shelter when the team haven't been doing so well.  Lose in the playoffs but too slow to make it off the field?  Hide yourself out in the saloon.  Those Arizona fans can be nasty if they get their hands on you.

In more recent years there have been calls for a change to the mascot as some fear that it is looking a little dated.  There were also comparisons made to man who roamed the streets of Sheffield, UK, dressed as a school which were not very favourable.  But for now the tradition lives on, so get yourself down to watch the Outlaws and see if you can grab a peek inside the saloon for yourself.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Dallypole - 04-06-2021

[Image: unknown.png]

he doesn't have a name, he doesn't deserve one.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - StadiumGambler - 04-06-2021

The Sarasota mascot in my headcanon is known as Sailin' Steve, a sailfish who just looks normal from the neck down, but wears an oversized sailfish furry helmet with a long-ass beak. Sailin' Steve does the usual mascot antics of trying to rev up the crowd for big fantasy performances and doing tomfoolery and buffoonery with the younger, more photogenic fans. Notably, Sailin' Steve has also photobombed the Sarasota Sailfish team photo after winning the Ultimus, as well as photobombing several draft pick contract signings.

Recently, Sailin' Steve has been starring in some special halftime shows, where he gets into play fights against vague mascot representations of various enemy teams, along with some other humorous rogue villains of note. Steve's gotten better and more vicious at dueling over the weeks though, and has claimed several victims, the most infamous being a mime who, while he did survive being heavily beaked, will never walk again. Sailin' Steve has also perfected the Macho Man Elbow Drop from a high surface as a big finishing move of sorts in these fights, and its a guaranteed crowd pleaser.

Sailin' Steve also does charity work, showing up at children's hospitals to cause emotional trauma in order to make them forget their pain, doing monkey's paw-esque Make-A-Wish grants for people, donating fresh dolphin steaks to local food banks, and doing exemplary work for the Save The Bots Foundation, a foundation dedicated to repairing disliked bot players after their careers end, so that they may eventually be recycled into fresh ISFL and DSFL teams under new names, in order to annoy fans of said teams with their inept play. All in all, Sailin' Steve is a stand-up guy, and a good addition to the list of football mascots.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Bigred1580 - 04-06-2021

[Image: z8QLQcg.png]

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Jangorhino - 04-06-2021

[Image: berlin4.png]