International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT2 - Mascots - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT2 - Mascots (/showthread.php?tid=31282)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - 3lewsers - 04-07-2021

PBE Affiliate PT

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Sebster - 04-07-2021

Rory, Celly, Roar, Larry. The London mascot goes by many names, but one that graces our Locker Room last night (proposed by yours truly) may have what it takes to stick around. I now present to you the longest named mascot in both the ISFL and the DSFL: Supreme Leader of the Meat Beaters that Reside in London, or Supreme for short. Supreme is an absolute mammoth of a Lion, standing at 7 feet, 6 inches and weighing in at roughly 350 pounds - with a 2% body fat. I guess the best way to describe him would be to imagine Dwayne “the Rock” Johnson as a real life lion, but you know, with a mane and a tail. While most mascots might dance and jump around to hype up the crowd, Supreme simply does pushups. But not just any pushups. Supreme can bust out 100 one-armed pushups in less than 60 seconds. And he does this every time the Royals waltz into the endzone (which if you’ve been watching this season, has been quite a bit). Supreme is special compared to other mascots in the DSFL because he is undefeatable at 1 on 1 combat. Coyotes? A normal lion could take down a coyote, don’t even think that Supreme would struggle. Pythons? What’s a snake going to do after Supreme hucks it 50 yards across the football field. Grey Ducks? Please, I could take down a duck, Supreme wouldn’t even break a sweat. Birddogs? Fake mascot, next. Luchadores? Picture the Undertaker vs Rey Mysterio, total mismatch. Seawolves? See Birddogs. Buccaneers? Supreme laughs in the face of the pirate, because little does he know but Supreme is actually bulletproof.

278 words.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Jay_Doctor - 04-07-2021

I don't really view the New Orleans Second Line as having an official mascot, though ironically I did propose that we get one in the last couple of days. If had to pick a mascot, I think Louis from Princess and the Frog would be the perfect choice. Not only is he an amazing representation of the Jazz and the Second Line, he is an equally important representation of New Orleans and the south. If I had any graphical capabilities in my body, I would try to change our team's logo to incorporate him into it. I would also love to see him get represented in the team's uniform as well as on the field. Having an alternative team jersey with more of an alligator pattern on the side of the pants would be pretty jazzy. For the field, maybe get him either in the end zone or have an image of him wrapped around the field goal post. The best part about having Louis as the team's mascot would be the animal and nature awareness. While alligators are by no means endangered, there was a period of time where they were getting hunted and poached. While the alligator might be doing well now, the bayou most certainly is not. The damage of climate change has drastically affected the bayou and Louisiana's protective marshlands might soon be to the point of no return. As a team representing New Orleans, it our duty to use our platform to raise important issues.

[Image: 47jyFiy.jpg]

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - KingSean - 04-07-2021

Team Mascot - I am from Baltimore Hawks, so I think Hawks is the team mascot. A hawk is quite special compared to the mascots from the other teams. Hawk can fly and have a very short vision, so it can hunt small animals on the ground, or in the sea. The Hawks can prey on the fishes and otters in the sea or the cats and yeti on the land. Well, the record of the Hawks does not look great, but the mascot suggests the other possibilities. Hawks also migrate between the Southern and Northern parts of the land. The team is called the Baltimore Hawks, but I tend to see the hawk as a more national animal than belonging to a single area. When it comes to game day, it is easy to have the hawks flying in the sky to celebrate our wins - so far no spectators have seen the flying hawks because we have not got any win yet. The players can also wear the hawks costumes on holidays. The caveat is that we can only walk on the ground but not fly in the air to mimic fully a real hawk. I guess it is fine since we can free ride - Whenever the team sees the US flag, we can see the hawk behind the scene. It applies to all the teams, so I am satisfied.

Words: 234

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - zeagle1 - 04-07-2021

Well the Portland Pythons mascot is a Python. The python is unnamed officially, although it has been called many things over it's may iterations. Most notably it was the poop snake due to our last logo looking like the cartoon poop emoji lol. I like to think that with our current logo, we actually have three mascots. Of course we have the snake, but we also have the star of Portland in the background and the football in the foreground. I like to think that the python could be named Pete. Pete the python. The gameday version of Pete would be an actual python. Maybe have someone carry him around like Jake "The Snake" Roberts did back in the WWF. It has a nice ring to it. The star could be Sophia. Sophia the star. For some reason I am imagining the gameday version of the star looking like the guy in the ice cream cone from the second paintball war episode of community. The football probably would not need a name as it could just be called football. Footy for short. It would just be a dude in a football costume. Maybe when we win all the players get to spike him into the ground or something.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - nunccoepi - 04-07-2021

Ok two very easy one because my two teams have pretty much the most unique mascots that I've ever heard of for sports teams (obviously I'm not talking about dumb ones like the Orange or Crimson Tide or something because obviously no one knows or cares what those things are -- the key is to also be cool on top of being unique). Luchadores and Yeti. First of all there is the Tijuana Luchador. I don't think he ever got an official name, or at least I can't remember one in my time with the team, but I think it's about time that we chose one. I think that, hands down, he would have to be named Nacho (which is of course short for Ignacio), because that is the name of one of the greatest Luchadores ever as portrayed by jack Black in Nacho Libre. Also, to top if off, that movie character is easily the most commonly used gif of a luchador around the league. As far as the Yeti, I know that schwarznarr is trying to dive into the lore of our particular mascot, but I realized not too long ago that not a lot of the team, including the current GMs are very familiar with the original Yeti mascot: snowcone yeti, so-called because the logo actually looked like a snowcone (i think). Anyways, having a mythical create as a mascot is awesome and furthermore, there are actually quite a lot of fun and silly yeti gifs that you can choose from. This is important because gifs bring the team together. And how many second line gifs or liberty gifs do you think there are? Sure, you can get creative, but that defeats the purpose. The yeti is truly something the team can rally around.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Dagumpa - 04-07-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - allbetsonjames - 04-07-2021

PBE Afilliate

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - KamiCommie - 04-07-2021

PBE CW

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Mojojojo - 04-07-2021

[Image: S28_PT2.jpg]