International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT2 - Mascots - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT2 - Mascots (/showthread.php?tid=31282)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Vorshayla - 04-08-2021

The Butcher's mascot is simply that, a butcher.  Led by the likeness of @"RenoJacksonHS" Captain Tree Gelbman who wields axes seemingly for fun the butcher is a fearsome mascot that strikes fear into both home and visiting fans/players alike.  What makes this certain mascot absolutely terrifying is that the eye holes in the head of the mascot have been sewn shut due to constant wear and tear and as such the mascot has no idea who or what they're swinging their axes at.  

Generally with 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter at Meatgrinder Stadium, the Butcher mascot will randomly swing their axes around and see how many murders they can commit in a segment the Butchers like to call the Blood Rain Rally Cry.  So far it has not worked as the Butchers have dropped 3 straight games, however, this is not stop the mascot from trying to fire up the home crowd with a little murder and mayhem.  

As a side note and a fun fact, the 1 dollar steaks the Butchers hand out after the game to their top performers are actually made from the corpses from the fans who were selected to be part of the Blood Rain Rally Cry.

205 words

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Memento Mori - 04-08-2021

You'd think that the Orange County Otters' mascot would be one of those adorable, appropriately sized otters we've all seen in zoos and in cute videos and gifs. However, this is not the case. In fitting with the Otters' history of brutally winning championships (please ignore the period from Season 20 onwards), Orange County's mascot is actually the South American giant river otter. Unlike it's cute cousins, the giant otter is a successful predator that grows to be almost the size of an adult human (approximately 5.6ft). An account by a zoologist states that when hunting, the giant otter grabs its prey firmly with its front paws, and then begins to eat its head. Which is frankly terrifying.

The giant otter is a special mascot because it possesses traits that the other mascots around the league don't, most notably an element of deception and surprise. It's fairly obvious the way in which other mascots are intended to be intimidating. Wraiths do spooky things. Yeti are large, physically overbearing creatures. Snakes and big cats are stereotypically scary and/or fearsome animals. But Orange County has a cute lil otter. Or at least you think they do, until a giant otter (metaphorically) grabs your head and begins to eat it. Again, please ignore the period from Season 20 onwards. Perhaps the giant otter is satisfied following the previous feedings but will eat the league again soon. (234 words)

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Arvot - 04-08-2021

[Image: wvGESYH.png]

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - deadlunatic - 04-08-2021

Both of the teams I played for have great mascots. In the DSFL we had the mascot of the mexican masked wrestler the Luchador. What is more iconic in the DSFL, what a birddog? Come on, we got a freaking wrestler all hyped up on that Tijuana snow. Easily the coolest one of the DSFL. I will say the actual snake that is a python is pretty cool, I don't want one, but they can be pretty nice, plus an american wrestler used to have one, Jake the Snake. And of course I have always liked Coyotes as well. But neither one comes close to as cool as the mexican wrestler that is the Luchadores!

As for my current teams mascot, we got a freaking undead Wraith. Got to admit, that is pretty dang cool. What even is a wraith you ask? A wraith is an undead spectre, kind of like a ghost. Pretty scary eh? Just like our team, some weeks at least. You can't really kill a wraith with any of the other mascots, so I feel like we already win a battle of the mascots. Plus look at the colors we get to wear, black and a sweet looking blue. I don't even think there is a contest for best color scheme in the ISFL. So, both teams I played for are in the running for coolest mascots around.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - TheCC - 04-08-2021

I’m a player and general manager of the Chicago Butchers. We don’t exactly have much of a mascot, if we’re being honest. The logo is basically just a hand holding a bloody cleaver, which is kind of morbid now that I think about it. So maybe a disembodied hand is the closest thing that we have to a mascot? I’m not exactly sure. Outside of that, one of our players is kind of like an honorary mascot, for me at least. Tight end Tree Gelbman @"RenoJacksonHS" is always walking around with at least one axe, and it’s typically either dripping with blood, or has dried blood on it. It’s starting to concern a fair amount of people on the team and team’s staff, but for me, it’s just good to see that Tree Gelbman is getting into the spirit of the team! That’s one of the big reasons that I voted for Tree to be our offensive captain this season. *blinks obviously* I definitely voted for Tree Gelbman under my own volition. *blinks obviously again* She definitely deserved it more than anyone else. Maybe we should come up with an actual mascot in the near future. Perhaps it could be a guy in a steak costume? Or a cleaver costume? Or a raw chicken costume? Okay maybe not the raw chicken one, but the others could be cool!

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Jimi64 - 04-08-2021

It can be confusing to talk about the mascot for the Liberty as there's a difference between our mascot and our symbol. Technically liberty is the mascot, but our symbol is a bell. That being said, an anthropomorphic bell would most likely be our mascot. Of course liberty is an abstract concept, but we use a bell because of the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia, an important piece of American history. I like having liberty as our mascot as it differentiates from some of the concrete mascots in the league, which in sports in general are usually animals. If this was a league that didn't want to seem professional in any way, Philly's mascot would probably be the butt crack bell that was submitted when we were looking for a new logo. The Liberty Bell has a crack in it anyway (maybe a bullet hit it?) so this bell was pulling down its pants and showing off the crack. It was hilarious, but it actually was well done, as you could see a mischievous personality drawn onto it. Perhaps a fully fledged butt crack bell mascot would go around pranking other mascots around the league. Although Liberty is a cool mascot, I never really cared much about it and it hasn't meant much to me. I do like how it has a connection to the city though, and I do like to think about representing the city I play for as a bit of role play. So I sometimes I think of Liberty as the spirit of Philadelphia.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - zaynzk - 04-08-2021

pbe afliliate

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - TeyonSchavari - 04-08-2021

The New York mascot is one of the most badass mascots not only in the league, but in the real world as well. It is pretty shocking to see that gorillas are not represented among sports teams like other animals such as the Tiger, the Lion, or even the Bulldog. I sometimes wonder why certain bird teams exist as well - whats intimidating about a Cardinal anyway? The fact that there are no gorilla teams in professional sports makes the Silverback mascot that much more special to New York. In the league as an expansion team, it was very important in my opinion to have something unique yet identifiable and strong so that people are attracted to it right away before they even take the field. The Silverback was the perfect choice for this reason. This, combined with the relationship of King Kong and New York City drives the hammer home. For a football team in New York, it just makes sense. Not only this, but the branding options that are available through the use of a gorilla as the mascot are infinite. The amount of puns that can be used, the amount of different wording and phrases that can be created relating to gorillas and apes, and the use of primeapes in many different forms of media helps tremendously. In my opinion, the New York Silverbacks mascot is easily one of the best in the league.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - AW13 - 04-08-2021

PBE CW

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - ReverendOReily - 04-08-2021

[Image: FiPNDo1.png]
Ott the Hyper Otter