International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT2 - Mascots - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT2 - Mascots (/showthread.php?tid=31282)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Troen - 04-08-2021

Prompt Wrote:This past weekend, Easter was observed in different countries around the world. The Easter bunny is the mascot that is considered the representative of the holiday. What is your ISFL/DSFL team's mascot like? What makes them special in comparison to other team's mascots in the league?

The Copperheads' mascot is clearly a copperhead snake. My favorite version of it is our :coppersnek: emote, which is a very enthusiastic version with exaggerated googly eyes. I think this mascot translates very well into an in-stadium mascot. Sure, snakes mascots aren't really a common sight on the sidelines, what with the not having legs and all that, but I think the googly eyes work really well to make our mascot more approachable.
Now to be fair, I do have to wonder if normalizing copperheads to kids could be a problem. As everyone who is familiar with copperheads knows, their venom is usually not fatal, but if a kid harasses a snake then it increases the chance of getting bit multiple times and having a more severe health outcome. In that sense, our mascot is unique across the league in being a fairly common threat that many fans could encounter in a wide range of locations. Silverbacks might be more dangerous if you're actually in the same spot as one, but they're not really common. Most other mascots have minimal direct threats: - Sailfish are stabby but not something you casually encounter walking around, sabercats are extinct, hawks don't attack people (I think?), Hahalua are less stabby than sailfish. Salamanders are probably the other contender for most dangerous - some have poisonous skin. However, fire salamanders in particular aren't endemic to the US and so they're not a threat to US-based fans of the ISFL. They also have bright spots to show they're dangerous, unlike copperheads which are more camouflaged.
(Other mascots have either more situational/abstract threats, eg second line could cause deafness, or are not generally seen in nature, eg wraiths, and so I'm ignoring those)

So anyway, in summary our mascot is the best vehicle for googly-eyes and so it's the best.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - EricNCSU - 04-08-2021

"Lenny the Lion" is the pride of the London Royals.  He is very high energy and rambunctious, leading cheers and chants between plays.  He's love to hang out with the kids in our Youth Fan Club, the London Cubs.  Lenny is a hit with the little cubs.  He manages to be goofy and yet ferocious at the same time. The other great thing about Lenny is he's phenomenal at scaring and chasing off smaller mascots, ya know, your Snakes and Geese and Bird Dogs and the like. In his off times, Lenny likes to show his softer side visiting patients at several local Children's Hospitals.  It always brings joy to the kids to see their favorite mascot coming to visit with Royals items to hand out.  Lenny also likes to hang out with his fellow Lions up at Chelsea and can commonly be found at Men's and Women's Chelsea matches during the off season. Nothing goes better with football than more football, yes? It's not easy work running around in a Lion costume whipping the fans into a frenzy, but for those that do it, it's a true calling.  As for the person in the Lenny suit, well.. we don't actually know who it is. They just showed up one day.  I'm not sure they are even being paid. Ah well, the kids love him.

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - toivo - 04-08-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Number 82 - 04-08-2021

The Honolulu Hahalua's mascot, Ray the Manta Ray has been a fixture of the team since their inception into the league in Season 22. A manta ray being the obvious choice of a mascot with Hahalua translating to manta ray. Like most mascots Ray the Manta Ray is a fixture at home games, spending time both on the field and in the stands, engaging with the fans during timeouts and stoppages. In addition to that, Ray the Manta Ray is often part of community events that Hahalua hold. Visits to the children's hospital, schools and various youth football programs are among some other activities that Ray takes part in which has contributed to his reputation as a fan favourite.

In addition to being an active member of the community, Ray the Manta Ray is regarded as good luck charm with instances of good fortune being reported following contact with the much beloved mascot. A fan who attended a home game who received a hug from the mascot would go on to win the lottery the following day being one of the most prominent stories surrounding Ray the Manta Ray. There have been various other reports from fans who experienced good fortune following contact with Ray with some finding long lost items, loose change and even on a couple occasions finding that their missing pets retuning back home.

Code:
227 words

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - fever95 - 04-08-2021

PBE Affiliation

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - TheSparkyDee - 04-09-2021

I think our mascot would be a big hairy man with a big fake butchers knife. He looks like a Italian man who has been cutting meat for 50 years! 3 hairs on his head, something I think is needed is a Butchers Apron, you can buy one today at your local Chicago Butchers team store. The mascot will be wearing one, and he can be banging his butcher knife around and making some weird noises, and he can laugh all weird. I want make him really weird! Hair coming out of his white wife beater tee shirt. He has a knack to eat the other mascots, during the game he will try to sneak around to the other teams mascots and see if he can butcher them to death and then sell that meat he has just butchered. He also owns his own store, BUTCHER LAND! Where you can get all your meats in one place! We have Buffalo, chicken, beef, gator, fish… we have everything your little heart desires. Today if you come into he store you can get 30% off your entire purchase. The butchers mascot also try’s to sell meats during the game, he will sell it and they have a butcher cafe where you buy the meat from the butchers mascot and then at the cafe they will cook it for you during the game!

(215 words)

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Haseo - 04-09-2021

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Mooty99 - 04-09-2021

SHL affiliate PT

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - Slothman07 - 04-09-2021

[Image: BlNnAiD.jpg]

RE: (S28) PT2 - Mascots - snazzlepuss22 - 04-09-2021

The New York Silverbacks mascot is a Silverback gorilla. 

What makes our mascot so special is that our mascot is capable of ripping someone's face off but also doing sign language. Also out of all the animal mascots ours actually would be able to throw a football or catch a football. Hell he could even do sign language to call plays. I would argue out of almost all the animal mascots that a team of gorillas would be a much more effective football team than say, otters or fish. 

I mean what are birds and snakes and canines going to do on a football field? I mean sure, you could assume that some of them could maybe hold a football in their mouth and run but a gorilla would totally punch that ball out. Gorillas would also make much better offensive lineman than other animal mascots, I mean, the fish mascots would only have a few minutes on a football field cause they need water.

Ape's are very strong as well. 

Also with the significance of King Kong and new york that makes this mascot and team combo a match made in heaven that hopefully can be an iconic ISFL team for years to come.