International Simulation Football League
*Season 28 DSFL Recap/Highlights - Tijuana Luchadores, Week 1 (Vs. Bondi Beach) - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Season 28 DSFL Recap/Highlights - Tijuana Luchadores, Week 1 (Vs. Bondi Beach) (/showthread.php?tid=31295)

*Season 28 DSFL Recap/Highlights - Tijuana Luchadores, Week 1 (Vs. Bondi Beach) - dude_man - 04-05-2021

Hey everyone, I plan on doing some media coverage to help some players on the team get some media out there, and what better way to do that, than to do weekly recaps and highlights for each week? Easy to write up words as the info is all there to watch the game, and it will be great for the fans to hear some of these.

This week, we are going through the coverage of Tijuana Luchadores vs the Bondi Beach Buccaneers. Both 0-0 to start the season obviously, they look to each start better than the previous season as they finished below .500. Last season, the Luchas won both games, and they will look to continue that trend. With that, we will get a pre-game interview with rookie and 5th overall sensation, TE Gronku Muerto!

Pre-Game Interview

Interviewer: Thanks for meeting with us Gronku! So with being the 5th overall pick, how has your adjustment to the league been?

Gronku: It's a huge honor to have a team show that much faith and confidence in you to be willing to pick you that high. I was a bit shocked because there were a ton of fantastic prospects in this draft and it could just as easily been a 2nd or 3rd round pick for someone to get me. In return, I want to show the coaches and the team that it wasn't misplaced confidence, and I'll repay that trust by doing whatever it takes to help the team win, and keep grinding and practicing to be able to contribute to helping the team get wins. The adjustment has been great, we're all still getting used to each other, we showed some good things in practice and preseason and we want to just keep refining our execution and eliminating mistakes and penalties. This is a team that knows what it's doing, they want to win and you can feel it and that is a good thing.

Interviewer: Glad to know the adjustment is going well, it can definitely be tough on rookies. Who has been a leader to you on the team?

Gronku: Obviously from the top down, the GMs and coaches are really good at keeping us informed in meetings and making sure we are practicing the right things in training. As a raw rookie to the league it can be pretty overwhelming to meet so many people in such a short time, knowing you can't just be going out and partying all the time, even if beaches and margaritas seem like a great idea! The vets on offense have been great and obviously Lonnie Jackson is the sparkplug for our team, you can see the fire in his eyes every huddle and you can see him glaring at you if you miss your block, but he doesn't shit on you or anything, just gives you that, 'come on, man' look, you know, and you don't want to let him down. Of the rookies, I would say Marcus Jones is the leader as he is really fired up to have a great season, I think he felt he should have been a higher pick but has come in to prove everyone wrong and is really leading the way for the rest of us, in wanting to keep up to his level of play.

Interviewer: Those are some nice praises for Jackson and Jones. What's your game plan going into the game?

Gronku: Block my man on the running plays, block my guy on the passing plays. If my number gets called, run my route and don't drop the ball if it's thrown to me. I'm not giving away any secrets to you media guys, but I mean I think you can tell from preseason that the running game is huge and we need to win those battles in the trenches and keep moving the chains. Mostly though it's just keep things simple, don't try to be fancy, and keep pushing. come out at the end with a W in our pockets, that's the plan!

Interviewer: Awesome, well thanks again for meeting with us, and hopefully the game goes well for you!

Recap/Highlights

The Luchadores start the game with the ball at the 27-yard line after a 26-yard return by Romulus Roman. After a 32-yard catch by Rocky Jackman from IsHe... ReallyInvisible, the Luchadores would drive down and finally punch it in with a 15-yard rushing touchdown by Lonnie Jackson. Tijuana is up 7-0. Bondi would get the ball and their opening drive would end within 7 plays. The Buccaneers would punt the ball to Tijuana to the Tijuana 16-yard line. The Luchadores would drive down in a 10-play methodical drive and score a touchdown with a 7-yard pass to Gronku Muerto. Score is 14-0. Bondi Beach would get the ball back only to go three and out that ended with a sack on 3rd and 10 that ended up with them being pinned back at their own 1-yard line. After a measly 34-yard punt, the Luchadores would receive the ball and kick a field goal, only for Frostsuxlmap to miss the 44-yard field goal try. With Bondi taking over at their own 34, this would be the perfect time for them to make this a game, but sadly, that did not happen. They would end up punting and end their drive on a 6 play, 15-yard drive. On the ensuing drive, IsHe... ReallyInvisible would lanuch a 48-yard bomb to Usain Bot, after that though, they would only be able to score a 31-yard field goal. 17-0. On the next drive for the Buccaneers, they would go 3-and-out. After punting, the Luchadores would take over at their own 44-yard line and drive down to the Buccaneers 13-yard line, only to kick another FG this time from 30 yards out. 20-0. On the next drive, Sir Peter Jackson would pick off Dexter Zaylren and return it for a touchdown. At this point, the game is 27-0. The Buccaneers need to capitalize just to get momentum for next week. And as that happened the Bucs were able to score on a 10 play, 70-yard drive with 1:46 left to go in the 2nd quarter. 27-7. In a wild surprise, the Luchas were able to drive down and score within a minute with a 38-yard run by IsHe... ReallyInvisible! 34-7 With that, we move on to the start of the 2nd half!

With Bondi receiving the ball, they need to start off hot if they want any chance to come back into this game, but sadly, the Bucs will go 3-and-out. Just as surprising however, was that the Bucs would hold the Luchas to a 5-play drive. But on the ensuing drive, the Bucs still were unable to get going. This back and forth would go on through most of the 3rd quarter, but with 2:36 to go in the 3rd, the Luchas would methodically move the ball all the way for them to punch it in the end zone on a 1-yard run by Lonnie Jackson. 41-7. On the next drive, Bondi Beach would try and do whatever they could to score again, but they would only be able to reach to the Luchas 33-yard line where they would make a 50-yard field goal with 5:25 left to go. 41-10. From there the Luchas would run the ball until there was no more time left, and the final score would be 41-10.

Player of the Game: Lonnie Jackson – 29 Att, 168 rushing yards, 2 TD’s with 1 reception and 8 receiving yards.

Post-Game Interview

Our interviewer was able to get ahold of Tijuana Luchadores Head Coach Forrest Gump, to get some comments after the game.

Interviewer: What a great win coach! What were your keys to success?

Gump: Running the ball, and solid defense. Credit to these guys for making it work, but we have a lot of work next week against Norfolk.

Interviewer: Who was the X-factor for the team?

Gump: Lonnie by far. He ran excellent today and I hope he can continue it throughout the season. Really pleased of the running game overall.

Interviewer: Thanks for meeting with me coach!

And there you have it! Hopefully, you all enjoyed it. I plan on doing some more throughout the season, and feel free to give comments or suggestions for these. Thanks everyone!

(Split pay = 40% KezKincaid / 60% dude_man)