International Simulation Football League
*ISFL Season 28 Game Breakdowns - Austin Copperheads, Week 7 (@ San Jose Sabercats) - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *ISFL Season 28 Game Breakdowns - Austin Copperheads, Week 7 (@ San Jose Sabercats) (/showthread.php?tid=31348)

*ISFL Season 28 Game Breakdowns - Austin Copperheads, Week 7 (@ San Jose Sabercats) - oji3001 - 04-10-2021

ISFL Season 28 Game Breakdowns - Austin Copperheads – Defensive Tackle - Owen Isaac

Here we are at game week 7 for the Austin Copperheads @ the San Jose Sabercats. Austin come into this with a 5-1 record having dispatched with the Honolulu Hahalua side last week. Whereas the Sabercats com into this off their first win in 4 games, away, at Orange County. Can Austin maintain their lead at the top of the division, lets find out.

Pre match interview with Defensive Tackle Owen Isaac

Interviewer: So we come into week 7 with the team sitting at 5-1, there were some really strong defensive stands last week with the side twice holding out a 1st and goal situation and forcing Honolulu to settle for field goals, what was the key to those? And you have registered just 1 sack so far this season, I know you set your personal goals a fair bit higher than that, how do you hope to improve?
Owen Isaac: Look last week I feel like as a whole unit we did a great job, we were able to stop the short yardage runs in those situations and then our pass defence was able to interrupt any attempts at a passing situation. It really helped cement our game, we feel the defence all do their bit. Yes I feel I could have more influence on a game, but right now with the teammates around me its about do the simple things and not making mistakes, if I can keep doing that and work on my ability to beat the guy in front of me than I have a chance, I am going to continually improve and keep on going.
Interviewer: Thanks for answering the questions today

Week 7 – @ San Jose Sabercats

So we start the game with the ball, at our 25 yard line. 4 1st downs see us drive deep into San Jose territory thanks to a good balanced drive, with good rushing and passing yardage. Daytona gets sacked, but a unsportsmanlike penalty gives us a new 1st down. A good completion to Howlett gets us in close for Jim the Vampire to pound it over the line from 1 yard. First Sabercat drive of the game, and a huge steal from Bowie at the 40 yard line and he runs through for his first pick 6 in the ISFL. San Jose get the ball again as they drive towards the half way line, I manage to beat my Guard and rush towards the QB, he starts backing off and BAM I get him and the ball is loose, but an OL beats me to it. Get in, second sack of the season, and a forced fumble, If only I could have recovered it. San Jose line up for a field goal and they get it from 59 yards. A Huge field goal. Daytona builds a drive down to the San Jose 32 yard line, where we go for a 49 yard field goal. And Bloomfield misses, his first miss of the season.

The second quarter starts with San Jose in possession near the half way line. Before Jamar Lackson manages to break free for a 39 yard rushing touchdown, bringing the game to 14-10 to us. Next kick-off Zoe watts picks up the ball in the endzone and brings it out down the right, beats a tackler and manages to get 40 yards and give us good position near the half way line. Daytona goes 5 from 7 with 5 different receivers collecting the ball. Bloomfield lines up a 33 yard field goal, and nails it, good response to the long miss earlier. We force a straight punt out of San Jose next drive. Watts and Jim manage to get some good rushing yards before Daytona finds Howlett for a great 25 yard touchdown. With 2 minutes of the half remaining we lead 24-10, lets keep them out here and maintain our lead. Jack nails 2 passes to start for 29 and 17 yards putting them deep in our half. Dex Kennedy steps up with a great sack for 13 yards, THIS MAN CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!!, before on the 3rd and long Egghands manages to get a sack and take them out of easy field goal range but would be less than the 59 yarder they hit earlier in game. They decide to punt though and we play out the half to take the 2 score lead into the break.

Second half begins with San Jose on the ball and attempting to drive and get back into this game. Key quarter coming up as we can really try to put the game out of their reach here. 3 penalties on this drive do not help us but we hold them out of the endzone and they take a 49 yard field goal. Daytona drives us down the field with great touch and thanks to 2 great plays with Videl-San for 17 and then 27 yards. Have to settle for a field goal again which Bloomfield nails, and keeps it to a 2 touchdown scoreline. First play of the San Jose drive and Jamar Lackson is rushing and BOOM Tyler Montain smashes him and the ball is loose, Montain manages to collect it up and give us the ball on the San Jose 31 yard line. Daytona ends up finding Daytona open in the endzone for a second touchdown of the game, doubling his season tally. San Jose are now in desperate territory as 3 scores down. Between Jack and Lackson they drive down into our territory but we stop them nicely from getting into the endzone, forcing another field goal out of them. That leads us into the quarter end with a 34-16 lead.

A couple of big completions at the end of the 3rd quarter meant we started on the San Jose 30 yard line, but a sack on the drive forces us to go for another field goal. Bloom field misses again this time from 44 yards. He has had 36% of his field goal attempts in this game alone and has missed 2 of them. The San Jose running game really gets going on this drive, as well as a penalty against Egghands, gets them a 1st and goal. But as our defence has shown time and time again, I n these situations we step up and we hold them out and they take a field goal to take the game to a 2 score game. Their defence holds firm on next drive before we punt back to them. Again we manage some great defence and force them into a 4th and long situation with only 3 minutes left. And incomplete, ok lets run this ball and kill this game the easy way. San Jose are desperate and it shows they throw everything into the defence and we are forced to punt again, but that’s another 40+ seconds off the clock. Jack shreds our defence and gets a touchdown  with a minute left on the clock, onside kick incoming. Jeeta gathers it up and then we kneel the game out. Another game another win, the train keeps rolling.

Post match interviews

Interviewer: Welcome in Owen, another good win for the side, you managed to get a sack today the second of the season, do you think you can keep building upon this?
Owen Isaac: Man its great to keep the form going, 2nd sack of the season, I feel im getting better and better as the season goes on but I need to keep improving so I don’t let the defence down.

Interviewer: Hello again Jackie, been a few weeks since our last chat, another great performance today, no turnovers for 2 consecutive games now, is this something that is just coming with time as everyone feels more familiar as season develops or any personal tweaks you have made?
Jackie Daytona: I was really motivated when I overheard that a team mate was having to give money to some girl called charity for every pick I threw. I thought I would help save him some money and stopped throwing them. I have no idea who this Charity is but no one extorts my teammates and gets away with it.
Interviewer: You currently sit top of the QB ratings in the standings, you must be pleased with how the season has gone, especially after a tough last season?
Jackie Daytona: I am now in my rightful place at the top of the QB charts, for too long I have had to watch inferior QBs be lauded above me but no longer and hopefully never again.
Interviewer: Next up is Sarasota, who top the table in interceptions this season, any tweaks to your game heading in to try to prevent turnovers?
Jackie Daytona: I will do what I have already been doing, only throwing the ball to my receiver, pretty simple, I'm not scared of no longfish

Interviewer: Well played today Maverick, you ended with 7 tackles and a very important early interception and pick 6. How did it feel getting your first defensive touchdown in the ISFL? How are you finding it in the Copperhead secondary? What do you see as your role in the defensive setup, and what do you personally hope for this season?
Maverick Bowie: Dude, I’ll be honest it felt great! I feel like I have made a nice little career for myself so far and that was just something my stat line was missing. I had a few in college so to finally get on here is a fantastic feeling. The secondary, along with the entire defence, just feels like a well oiled machine this season that is firing on all cylinders and it’s a ton of fun to be a part of it. As far as my role goes, I really try to focus on my matchup every week. As a CB, I’m going head to head with someone every play so if I can win that matchup then it goes a long way to helping us win games and that’s what it’s all about man. I think my hopes for this season are just like everyone else’s, to make the playoffs! If we can get to the playoffs then anything is possible and after the heartbreak we suffered a few seasons back due to a tie-breaker, I know everyone on this team is dying to show just how good we are.

Interviewer: Welcome in again Coach, another great performance from the side, and you continue rolling on you got yourselves into a great position heading into the 4th quarter, but you did end up giving San Jose a sniff of a chance at the end there, any thoughts on the 4th quarter showing? Next up you welcome the Sarasota Sailfish into Austin, they have been on good form themselves this season and are the top scoring offence as well as the strongest defence. Particularly do you have a plan to deal with the Sarasota Secondary as they lead the way in terms of picking off Quarterbacks?
Coach: Yeah we didn't finish quite as strong as I would have liked but we did our job of running out the clock and getting the W. Our offense let off the gas a bit to early and that's something we'll have to go over before next week's game of course. This will be a tough match up for us and yes they do have a great secondary but so do we. Daytona has stepped his game up this season and our backfield is strong so we have a few ideas on how to avoid turnovers. It will be a tough game but that's the way we like it.

Interviewer: Well another week and another win for Austin. Also it is a wonder who this Charity lady is that is milking money out of Jackie Daytona's teammates! Lets see how they do against a strong Sarasota Sailfish next week. Same time next week.

(2005 words)

RE: *ISFL Season 28 Game Breakdowns - Austin Copperheads, Week 7 (@ San Jose Sabercats) - Mooty99 - 04-12-2021

Best.series.ever