International Simulation Football League
*Mid-Season Interview with Tugg - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Mid-Season Interview with Tugg (/showthread.php?tid=31355)

*Mid-Season Interview with Tugg - ComebackZak - 04-11-2021

It's once again time to sit down with the young sophomore wide receiver for the San Jose Sabercats Tugg Speedman as he sits down with us here at the San Jose Chronicle. After a disappointing rookie campaign, his words, Tugg is ready to make up for his lackluster performance and turn some heads in his second season in the International Simulation Football League. Tugg has always been one to show his moxie and isn't afraid of letting his personality shine but during the offseason a switch flipped and we weren't seeing it anymore. In this interview, we talk about that, his season through the first seven weeks of the regular season, and what his future looks like as a San Jose Sabercat.

Interviewer: "Hi Tugg, thanks for sitting down with us today, I really want to dive right into our questions today. Since the end of last season you have essentially limited your boisterous personality and we haven't seen the same moxie that we were seeing the seasons leading up to this one. What has changed for you?"

Tugg: "You have to put up the numbers to carry that moxie around, and I wasn't holding up that end of the bargain. Trust me, when I get my chance to shine and make an impact like I know I can, you won't be able to get me to shut up. For now though, I'm just going to put my head down and work harder so that I can put some respect back on my name."

Interviewer: "Well, to be fair you are having quite the season thus far and you can make the argument that you are already putting respect back on your name and showing the league what you can do. Or do you think that that is not enough?"

Tugg: "With all due respect, I haven't done shit. 3 touchdowns and not even touching 400 yards isn't anything to boast about through half a season. I have high expectations and high goals, and neither of those numbers are close to them. My day will come but for now, I have to work for it and make the most of the opportunities I am given."

Interviewer: "Do you think you will be able to close in on those goals with 9 games left in the season?"

Tugg: "Probably not, and it's not because of a lack of ability or talent. This San Jose team is beyond talented and everyone is sharing the ball. I see a lot of similarities with it and my time with the London Royals of the Developmental Simulation Football League. Our offense especially has so many weapons and everyone is trying to get involved and it makes it difficult to have any sort of statistical feats met. There is always this internal struggle I have where I want to win but I also want to dominate and be the greatest wide receiver in International Simulation Football League history. That's truly what I want. I want to be a Greatest of All Time."

Interviewer: "Do you think you can do that and stay as a member of the San Jose Sabercats?"

Tugg: "I am going to try and not get fined here but I truly do not know the answer to that. Right now, I know my place and that we have one of the best wide receivers in the league in my guy Ty Hood. He's clearly our number one guy. Next you have Lew, who is one of the top Tight Ends in the league. Then you have Cross and me who are pretty similar players. I don't know what the future holds but I really want a shot at being a number one option sometime soon or at least a clear second option in the passing game. I want to be able to make my mark."

Interviewer: "Okay so treading lightly, have you had any contract extension talks thus far with the San Jose brass?"

Tugg: "I'll leave that for my agent, next question please."

Interviewer: "Fair enough, let's talk about the season so far. What are your thoughts heading into Week 8 sitting at a 2-5 record and 6th in the Conference?"

Tugg: "Obviously I am not happy with that. This team is beyond talented and we should be winning games, not dropping them. It really is unfortunate and I am hoping we can turn this thing around cause we are a much better team than what our record shows. We can't make any mistakes going into the second half of the season if we want to make the playoffs and a run towards the Ultimus."

Interviewer: "What has the locker room been like during this time? Are there any guys that stand out as leaders who try to keep everyone in the right mindset?"

Tugg: "The locker room has been pretty heated lately and it's pretty human. Again we are an insanely talented team who is sitting at 2-5 so we are going to be frustrated but it's normal. You'll see see tensions rise any time you are on a losing streak or underperforming. We have great veteran leadership in San Jose, from Ty Hood to Monterey Jack, these guys step up and show their passion for this team and the game of football. There are a lot of guys worth mentioning but I am so plugged in and tight with those two since we are on the offensive side of the ball."

Interviewer: "Do you think you can make a run for the playoffs as the halfway point is approaching very quickly?"

Tugg: "Of course, I will never give up on my team. I believe in us just as much as the day I got here. We need to keep pushing and make the strides I know we can to take us to the next level. Everyone has to do their part and support each other, whether something good or bad happens. We're brothers and sisters on this team, and that spans from the field to the locker room and even outside of the locker room."

Interviewer: "We love to hear your passion for your teammates and the game of football Tugg. Thanks for your time"

Tugg: "You got it!"

Code:
1039 words