International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT 3 - What If? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT 3 - What If? (/showthread.php?tid=31363)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

(S28) PT 3 - What If? - siddhus - 04-11-2021

(S28) PT 3 - What If?
Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. Graphic responses must show more effort than a text box on an unedited image.

Credit to @Mojojojo for this idea!

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S28 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, April 18, at 11:59 ET. Have fun and get writing!

Written option - There have been many moments in league history where a single decision (e.g., a draft choice, a GM’s promotion or retirement, a trade, a player’s movement in free agency) may have changed the course of the ISFL. Describe a decision that was made, how you imagined it going differently, and what might the league look like now if it had gone the way you imagined. For rookies that are still learning about the league history, write about what would be different about your current season if you had been drafted one place earlier or later, as in what team you would be on, and what your new role would be, etc.

Graphic option - Create a graphic depicting a scene of a pivotal decision in league history or the consequences of a different decision.

Affiliate claims from SHL, PBE, and GOMHL are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. PBE CW is not allowed as it ended yesterday, which makes it not eligible for this week.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please.

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S28) PT 3 - What If? - FootballIsCool - 04-11-2021

There have indeed been many moments in history that have influenced the perception of the league and the landscape of the league, but as being a newer player I don’t have too much experience with these decisions. However I will say that one decision that I think may have negatively affected the league was HO’s scandalous handling of the recent PT head punishment. A majority of people know the decision that was made but for those who are newer to the league the black and white thing that happened was that PT head got fired for following the precedent of accepting “late point tasks”. A vast majority of these accepted submissions were predictions that were submitted prior to the actual starting of the sim. In addition to these late acceptance of point tasks there was a single situation where both the PT head and someone that was deemed their friend were given credit for a PT that was submitted after the deadline. I imagined it going quite a bit differently. I think the nuclear option was chosen and wrongfully so. I imagined that the ruling would take away 2x the amount of TPE from the head that was perceived as stolen, a reduction in pay for half of a season and some sort of time period of probation where if an error occurred on their watch they would be removed from that position. I would consider that to be on the harsher side of punishment. If the head office were locked in on Kya’s removal from their position I would have hoped that they came to an agreement of Kya stepping down at the end of the season and some sort of agreed provisionary time for them to not hold that position however I don’t feel that this was needed. The punishment is so extreme that it is nowhere close to the offense committed. As a governing body you tend to look at past precedences and make a ruling, Is it not fair for other people who hold positional roles to use that same logic when doing their job? I assume this ruling has lessened the interest of people to be in positions of the league. As it has completely removed all interest I would have ever had in taking a job in the league I am sure that I am not the only one who feels this. After reading all of the angles of this case, it makes HO appear to be a kangaroo court that lacks any sort of empathy and humility. This precedent established leaves no margin for any sort of error when there was clearly an issue with the system in place.

RE: (S28) PT 3 - What If? - Net - 04-12-2021

PBE

RE: (S28) PT 3 - What If? - Big Edd - 04-12-2021

ABCDEFGH affiliate

RE: (S28) PT 3 - What If? - Pib - 04-12-2021

I can’t really say for sure what would have happened if I was drafted one spot earlier or later in either draft but I was informed shortly after being drafted to London in the DSFL that had they not taken me in the first round, Dallas were likely to take me in the 2nd. Not only would this have me on the other side of the fence in the battle of the expansion teams, I’d probably have an Ultimini to my name. I would also not have spoken to Crunk and Z-Whiz as much, meaning their interest in having me in Arizona wouldn’t have been as strong — likely leading to me being drafted somewhere else entirely. To compound this, I also wouldn’t have (jokingly) tanked my scouting conversations with Austin (Sorry, Kyle) and a couple of others, opening up the potential for a host of other landing spots. Who knows where I would have ended up?

All in all, the snap decision by Slate and Katarn to draft me in the first round has completely defined my experience within the ISFL to this point and I’m really glad they did. You can keep the Ultimini — I’ve got the Legion of W**nkers by my side.

Code:
207 words

RE: (S28) PT 3 - What If? - Rusfan - 04-12-2021

Joel Drake was taken with the 2nd pick in the second round of the Season 24 International simulation football league draft, though it was known then as the national simulation football league draft. The Colorado Yeti were the lucky recipient of the Season twenty seven Safety Of The Year, but I have it on good authority that there were at least two other squads looking to acquire Drake’s services. One of whom was said on the draft, by the San Jose Sabercats’s representative. Had the Colorado Yeti not offered a trade-up, SJS would’ve taken Drake. The other known possibility was….Drumroll please....The Baltimore Hawks. Yes, the squad riveling the Yeti’s 0-33 record for worst number of losses straight was this close to taking Drake for themselves. Had this happened I imagine the results would’ve been interesting. The Hawks’s problems run a lot farther than simply their Free Safety, but if a pro bowl award winning caliber defensive back had joined the squad maybe the team wouldn’t have been so far off from where they needed to be. A team needs to be quite bad to want to blow up the entire thing, and it’s certainly possible that having a star player would make the team less ready to sell the farm. Or perhaps it goes the other way, maybe the Hawks still sell the farm and Drake ends up somewhere else.

RE: (S28) PT 3 - What If? - Reno - 04-12-2021

PBE PT Affiliate

RE: (S28) PT 3 - What If? - NicholasTheGreat - 04-12-2021

[Image: unknown.png]

RE: (S28) PT 3 - What If? - Crunk - 04-12-2021

I’m going to stay close to home here and talk about my DSFL draft. I fell to the London Royals in the second round, the 13th overall pick. Conversations since have told me I was close to going at three higher picks to two other teams. Let’s take a look at both.

1) Portland Pythons

So what changes if I go to Portland? Put simply, not much. I probably give the same ISFL scouting answers that unicorn liked and end up where I am today. There were enough vocal Portland members in the AZ War Room to see to that. The obvious downsides would be me not having an Ultimini (less important) and not being able to make numerous jokes at my now running backs expense (way more important).

Hold up. What happens if Syl makes that trade sending me to Portland? I feel like I would have been the least important part of a historic deal.

2) Minnesota Grey Ducks

This one would have been way more impactful. Naturally, as a Grey Duck, I drop another spot in the draft and end up on Chicago. Do you remember what happened with that pick? 9oa was cursed in S25. Do I post a picture of my dick in the LR, go inactive before being called up and have my players corpse reanimated to play Offensive Line? Shudder.

This one definitely would have changed more stuff, and I’m glad it didn’t happen.

RE: (S28) PT 3 - What If? - Raven - 04-12-2021

Code:
Written option - There have been many moments in league history where a single decision (e.g., a draft choice, a GM’s promotion or retirement, a trade, a player’s movement in free agency) may have changed the course of the ISFL. Describe a decision that was made, how you imagined it going differently, and what might the league look like now if it had gone the way you imagined. For rookies that are still learning about the league history, write about what would be different about your current season if you had been drafted one place earlier or later, as in what team you would be on, and what your new role would be, etc.

As a past GM you will always look at your own actions and how they effected the team you used to GM. For me its double as I look back at starting an expansion team and think about the original draft very much. I would argue that is kinda a make or break for an expansion team especially for the Hahalua as our goal was to build up through the draft.

When looking back at the expansion draft I see a ton of things that went poorly for the team. Our first pick of the draft sadly went inactive on us due to real life circumstances. You cannot account for those at the time, but hindsight is always 20/20 as they say. Our 3rd pick the draft has sadly gone inactive since. Our 5th rounder and big WR pick went ia. We lost another solid 5th rounder in the latest expansion draft. The list goes on.

We made some great picks, picks I wouldn't want to change for anything. Two picks in the draft turned out to be future GMs for the team. Some have been big War Room and sim testing pieces.

I just look back at this draft and see the mix of player picked. It was a big reddit draft, so those are offer a load of new talent, but that is a double edged sword as you do not know their long run potential. I see some picks that I am very happy to have made as they have been a huge part of the team ever since, but I have to look at some of the picks made especially early in the draft and wonder how the team would look now, if those pieces were still active or if I had picked any of the other amazing options out there.