International Simulation Football League
* Erasmo Broadway: Unexpected Superstar? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: * Erasmo Broadway: Unexpected Superstar? (/showthread.php?tid=3141)

* Erasmo Broadway: Unexpected Superstar? - evryday - 08-08-2017

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Erasmo Broadway: Unexpected Superstar?[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: 636090002353712673-calhoun50-2-.jpg][/div]

Last year was a serious wake up call for the 6’4”, 255 lb linebacker out of Notre Dame. He touted himself as one of the premier players on the defensive side of the ball and fell flat on his face.

“It hurt. No one wants to talk the talk then not be able to walk the walk. I just never got into a groove out there. It was disappointing. I worked really hard in the offseason and the new game plan set forth by Hendrix has helped immensely this season.”

Broadway’s rookie season was a disappointment indeed posting a dismal 39 tackles and just three sacks in 14 games. He also tacked on an interception and nine pass deflections while playing nickel back (no, not the band) for the Hawks. His speed made him versatile, his size made him menacing, but the two didn’t add up to success playing defensive end.

With Hendrix taking over as general manager, he moved Broadway to linebacker, his natural position. The move was just what he needed as Broadway has already surpassed his tackles and sack numbers from a year ago just five games in. Broadway went from no name to superstar in just a matter of weeks. His 52 tackles leads the league while his safety is the only safety recorded by a linebacker this year. At six sacks, he’s just behind Harrif Ernston for linebackers.

If he’s not in talks for defensive player of the year yet, he should be. His rise has been astronomical especially considering the lack of practice hours he’s had in his career. He’s been a player known to have spotty work ethic but recently he’s been spending more and more time at practice. This is good news for the Hawks who are looking to improve upon their 4-10 finish last season as they currently sit at 3-2 after a 23-20 victory over the San Jose Sabre Cats in which Broadway was awarded Defensive Player of the Game, his fourth such honor in five games.

In his DPotG performances he’s amassed 44 tackles, six sacks, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery, one interception, and one safety, one of these honors coming in a 16-10 loss in Las Vegas against the Legion.

“Putting me back to my natural position was a genius move by Hendrix. He knows what he’s doing out there and I really owe my improved performance to him. He put me in the best position available to succeed and I have to really thank him for that. I’m glad my improved play is helping is in the win-loss column, too. My personal stats would mean nothing if we weren’t playing well as a team, too. I like to trash talk about personal performance but at the end of the day, we’re a team, we’ll always be a team, and team stats are more important to me. If I can put up good numbers at the same time, that’s even better.”

And they have been, though they sit at 3-2, the Hawks are currently second in team sacks, fourth in interceptions, third in tackles for a loss, and fourth in points allowed per game. They’re also third in total yards allowed per game, second in rushing and third in passing yards allowed per game. All of these numbers can’t be directly credited to Broadway’s improved performance but the entire defense has stepped up big time with guys like Hendrix, Boom, Taylor, Metas, and Harrison also showing up week in and week out.

The Hawks will be hosting the Las Vegas Legion next week where they can get revenge from their opening week loss when they travelled to Sin City. If Broadway repeats his 13 tackle, two sack performance from four weeks ago, the Hawks should see their record stand at 4-2.

[638 words]

* Erasmo Broadway: Unexpected Superstar? - 4D Chess - 08-08-2017

Good article man, glad to see you've turned it around! Keep grinding and you'll be an all-star for years to come

* Erasmo Broadway: Unexpected Superstar? - evryday - 08-08-2017

(08-08-2017, 06:14 PM)4D Chess Wrote:Good article man, glad to see you've turned it around! Keep grinding and you'll be an all-star for years to come
That's the plan. Juggling a few leagues this one sometimes falls behind but I'm planning on not letting that happen anymore.

* Erasmo Broadway: Unexpected Superstar? - iamslm22 - 08-08-2017

Dude you have been a fucking killer this year. Awesome job and great article.