International Simulation Football League
*ISFL Season 28 Game Breakdowns - Austin Copperheads, Week 8(Sarasota Sailfish) - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *ISFL Season 28 Game Breakdowns - Austin Copperheads, Week 8(Sarasota Sailfish) (/showthread.php?tid=31450)

*ISFL Season 28 Game Breakdowns - Austin Copperheads, Week 8(Sarasota Sailfish) - oji3001 - 04-14-2021

ISFL Season 28 Game Breakdowns - Austin Copperheads – Defensive Tackle - Owen Isaac

Here we are at game week 8, with the 6-1 Austin Copperheads welcoming the 5-2 Sarasota Sailfish. Looking for a good game between 2 of the top sides this season in the ISFL, with bioth sides on 3 game winning runs. Who comes out on top lets see.

Pre match interview with Defensive Tackle Owen Isaac

Interviewer: Week 8 and we have a home game against a strong side in the Sarasota Sailfish. You come into this with a 3 win streak and off having got your 2nd sack for the season last week, how are you feeling coming into this game.
Owen Isaac: As always we come into the game confident, we know Sarasota are a very strong side, but with the home crowd behind us, we know we can beat anyone. I mentioned after last weeks game, its great to be able to get the sacks on the stat chart, but whats most important is the teams results, if we can keep winning then I don’t mind.
Interviewer: Thanks for answering the questions today

Week 8 – Sarasota Sailfish

So we start the game with ball hand, but end up punting it to Sarasoto, who on a 2nd and 10 looks for a short yardage pass, but that man Dex Kennedy is their to pick it off and return it to the house for a pick 6 and his 3rd defensive touchdown of the season. This guy just cant stop being involved in the big plays. Sarasota restart and go on a 6 minute drive down the field with quarterback Boss Jr picking out receivers left right and centre before they get a rushing touchdown from Sternenstaub to level the game up. A nice rush from Zoe Watts, before an unnecessary roughness penalty on Sarasota gets us moving down the field. Daytona with a couple of nice passes before picking out his preferred connected partner Videl-San for a 31 yard touchdown score. To end the quarter Boss Jr picks out 2 big plays for 49 and 22 yards to drive into our territory to end the quarter.

The second quarter starts with us defending inside the redzone, I manage to stop 2 rushing attempts for just short gains and we force them into settling for a field goal. Dayotna responds to this magnificently by driving us down the field picking out the receivers before a 4 yard touchdown pass to… GUESSS WHO… Videl-San, to give us a 21-10 lead. So clean of a performance so far this game. Bloomfield kicks off, Chan collects it and fi9nds space and just goes, no one can get close enough and they run it for a kickoff return touchdown. Someone must have blown their pursuit to let that happen. Not ideal but we trust in the offence to go down and get a score. A couple of nice completions to get a first down before Daytona looks for Alexander-Arnold, but its intercepted by Utterstruzen. Damn It! Not the best now we need to defensively hold firm here. Boss drives them a little closer but some really good coverage play from the secondaries hold them to a field goal again. So we hold on to a slim lead of 21-20. Small the Sarasota kicker kicksoff and Bowie collects, takes the ball down the right and cuts inside before managing to be brought down but a great 49 yard return gives us a strong starting position. A few short yard gains in the rush game before Zoe Watts manages to punch a hole through the defence and break for a great 34 yard TD score, Watts’ first touchdown since week 3 in the season. 1 minute left on the clock and a 28-20 lead, but Boss Jr again manages to slice up the coverage and drive into field goal range to reduce the deficit once again.

3rd quarter begins with Sarasota on the ball and with us holding a lead of just 5 points. The pace to this game in that first half was frantic to say the least with both offences rolling. Sarasota take 6 minutes and drive down the field but once they get within 20 yards we manage to get a big stop and force another field goal, maintaining our lead in the game. Our first drive in the half ends in huge 63 yard punt to the Sarasota 7 yard line. Boss Jr drops back on the 2nd play and BAM! Dex Kennedy finds him and sacks him in the endzone for a Safety, this guy literally is getting every stat line he possibly can this year. Sadly we can’t make more off the next drive and punt again. Man Boss Jr is on fire he is carving us up with his passing game, 6 different receivers on this drive, before Sternenstaub goes over again.

The 4th quarter starts with us now 33-30 behind, but we have the ball and we have had tight finishes plenty this season. Daytona and Watts take us down the field, before Daytona gets sacked for the second time of the game, and means we settle for the field goal, which ties the game up at 33-33. Sarasota bring the ball down the field and despite a penalty and 2 sacks from Thomaslacher and Kennedy, they get into a 1st and goal situation, but as we have shown so many times this season, these short situations is where our defence thrives, as we hold them out once again, they take the 3 and we have 2 minutes on the clock and the ball in hand. Daytona first up looks for Howlett for a 16 yard gain, but it is picked off. And Sarasota have the ball, that was not the play we needed there. Egghands and Thomaslacher help us hold firm and force them to punt the ball, gives us 1 minute 37 and no timeouts. Daytona finds the hands of Doug Howlett, who takes a big hit from Patterson and the ball goes loose…..and Patterson recovers it. Ah that’s rough, we had two chances to go for the win and an interception and a fumble cost us. Sarasota end up with a further TD to kill the game.

Post match interviews

Interviewer: Well Owen a tough loss today, can you tell us how that game felt out there?
Owen Isaac: It’s a tough one, that game was at a frantic pace, that second quarter in particular was end to end. It can be tough on the legs there but most of the game I felt we were on top and had good control, when they did get to our redzone, as always we did a good job of getting the stops and keeping them to 3 pointers. But was a tough 2nd half really with just a safety and a field goal. We needed something on offence as it just let Sarasota build and then hold onto that lead. But we move on and we have to bounce back next week. Lastly just want to apologise to the fans here, sorry we could not get the win for you guys today.

Interviewer: Hey Dex, another game, another Defensive Player of the game, your game has been so consistently strong this season, today you added a safety to your stat line as well as another pick 6. Sadly it couldn’t lead to a victory for your side today. Is their any part of your game that you see as weakness at the moment, as you seem to have the complete game?
Dex Kennedy: I admit to not being the perfect linebacker. There are plenty of tackles that I didn't make or plenty of plays I messed up. But nobody's perfect, even in their prime. And a loss was definitely a stinger. But I'm just gonna keep working on what I know I can do well and hope this team continues its winning ways as a result. This is, by far, the best defense I've played on in this league and one loss isn't gonna deter us.

Interviewer: I am just going to invite Zoe Watts into the room. Zoe you had a total of 128 yards on offence today. And you managed to get your first touchdown since week 3, you came out hot this year with 6 touchdowns over the 1st 3 games, but it has dried up a little since then, why is that do you think? Do you feel like you need to keep adjusting your gameplay during the season to keep on top of the opposition?
Zoe Watts: What a game, Sarasota didn't make it easy on us but we didn't go down without a fight and I was glad to get a TD on the board as part of that. Think I mentioned before the coaching staff are doing their best to really leverage the skills of our players against our opponents, and that doesn't always mean hammering the ball through constantly on the run. It's fun to watch guys like Videl and Daytona put in some serious work on the passing plays, and even better to see the team in the shape it is so far this season with the 6-2 record. I'll do whatever it takes to keep supporting those outcomes, and keep training hard to keep things going on the run where I can.

Interviewer: Well Austin lose their 2nd game of the season and with a tough run to come, they are going to need to improve if they don’t want to start falling down the table. Next up are the Berlin Fire Salamanders who sit atop the other conference with just 1 defeat this season. Same time next week.
(1627 words)