International Simulation Football League
*Midseason Player Review Part 2 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Midseason Player Review Part 2 (/showthread.php?tid=31480)

*Midseason Player Review Part 2 - shrub02 - 04-16-2021

All stats are through week 8.

Part 2:

Wobbuffet 
[Image: 202.png]
Joseph Joestar, LB OCO
Wobbuffet is a psychic creature best known for the shenanigans it accidentally puts his trainer through. Even though it doesn’t always help the situation, Wobbuffet is fiercely loyal to the cult called Team Rocket and actually performs well in battle. Like Wobbuffet, Joestar’s user - Lime - is extremely loyal to a cult: Club Shrub. He is probably its biggest proponent, even more so than myself. But I digress. Joestar’s on the field performance reflects the same energy that his user exudes by racking up plenty of stats. He has the 4th most tackles in the league. 5 of those tackles are for loss, ranking 3rd, in addition to 5 sacks.

Girafarig
[Image: 203.png]
George O'Donnell, QB, CHI
Have you ever wished your pet had two heads instead of one? Well catch a Girafarig and your dreams will come true! It is a giraffe looking creature with a second head on its tail. The second head is much smaller, only reacting based on primal nature. Watch out it may attack you without notice. O’Donnell has a similar dual personality. He has the 3rd most passing yards and 2nd most touchdowns at 16. But he also has thrown the most interceptions (tied) at 10. So be careful if you’re riding O’Donnell to victory; he may bite you from behind for no reason.

Pineco
[Image: 204.png]
James Gath, OL CHI
Pineco is a pinecone-like pokemon (wow this gen is really uncreative with its names) that is actually a bug. It strengthens its defense by gluing tree bark to its body. Gath must have undergone the same treatment this offseason as he switched from CB to OL. I’m not gonna ask what he used for glue. Anyways, he is having a good season for playing OL for the first time. He has 26 pancakes, ranking 3rd among rookies, and has given up 2 sacks. If he keeps getting better, he will one day protect his QB like a fortress.

Forretress
[Image: 205.png]
Calvin Golladay, OL ARI
When evolved, Pineco becomes a bug pokemon encased in a steel shell. When startled, Forretress shoots off fragments of its shell as shrapnel to damage its attacker. Golladar is just as protective of his QB. He is 3rd in the league in pancakes with 65 and has not allowed a sack. Defensive players, approach this man with cation.

Dunsparce 
[Image: 206.png]
Tyrone Biggums, S OCO
Dunsparce is a strange almost snake-like pokemon with tiny wings and a drill at the end of its tail. It's said that in ancient times it had wings that allowed it to soar above the rest. Similar to Dunsparce, Biggums is an ancient player from S18 that used to fly high around the league. He now plays a support role, notching 14 tackles and 2 pass defenses.

Gligar
[Image: 207.png]
Jonathan Shuffleboard, S NOLA
Gligar is a mix of ground and flying type pokemon; a nice balance of speed and defense. It is a bat that flies around silently, attacking its prey without notice. This describes Shuffleboard perfectly. He moves around the field without much attention and then uses his speed to close in on the ball carrier making the play. He’s done it many times, as shown by his forced fumble, sack, and interception.

Steelix
[Image: 208.png]
LeBong Simwell, DT NOLA
If you think Onix was a cool pokemon wait ‘til you see Steelix. It's basically Onix in a more badass form. Its steel jaws are strong enough to easily bite through boulders. Likewise, Simwell chews through blockers on his way to making the play. He has the most tackles for a DT at 47. Not to mention his sack, forced fumble, and fumble recovery.

Snubbull
[Image: 209.png]
Makoa Mahiʻai, TE BAL
Snubbull may look like a scary attack dog, but it is actually very friendly and playful. It would much rather try to scare away its opponent than actually fight. While Mahi’ai may like to fight, his bite does not back up his bark. Mainly because he is an immediate call up from the DSFL and on the struggling Hawks. He does have the most yards for a rookie TE and 24 pancakes to go with it. I suspect you won’t want to mess with this pitbull in the near future.

Granbull
[Image: 210.png]
Heath Evans, TE OCO
HEEEEEP. I can hear the crow chanting it. This man does not get enough love from the sim. Therefore I relate him to Granbull, a bulldog-like pokemon that has a very powerful bite but doesn’t care for fighting much. Instead it would rather look scary and be left alone. Likewise, Evans has TPE for days, but doesn’t always show up on game days. He ranks 5th in reception yards for TEs, has 3 touchdowns, and also 24 sacks.

Qwilfish
[Image: 211.png]
Lawrence Miller, CB BAL
Qwilfish is a pufferfish pokemon that swallows a bunch of water in order to inflate itself and match the size of its opponent. Similarly, rookie Miller is doing the best he can to match the intense abilities of ISFL players. And he’s not doing half bad. Miller ranks 9th for tackles among rookies and has recorded a forced fumble, interception, and 9 pass defenses.

Scizor
[Image: 212.png]
Suleiman Ramza, QB OCO
When Scyther evolves into Scizor, it becomes encased in steel armor and trades it scythes for pinsers. These pinsirs are incredibly strong, able to crush any hard object. Ramza must be wearing steel armor too in order to survive all the sacks he takes. Ranking 5th in passing yards and throwing for 15 touchdowns, he will crush any plans that try to stop his pass game.

Shuckle
[Image: 213.png]
Rotticus Scott, DT OCO
Shuckle is a strange pokemon. It's a turtle-like pokemon that collects berries and stores them in its shell where they are fermented. So basically he is drunk all the time. Ok actually that gains him some points in my book. I don’t know any other pokemon that are constantly drunk lol. Scott might be stashing alcohol somewhere during games as he has not produced many stats: 19 tackles including 1 for loss. 

Heracross
[Image: 214.png]
Lawrence Bass, LB SJS
Resembling a bipedal hercules beetle, Heracross is a fighting bug pokemon. It uses its strength and horns to toss opponents around during a fight. Similarly, Bass throws around would be blockers on his way to make the play. He demonstrates his versatility by recording 50 tackles, 1 for loss, 2 forced fumbles, a recovery, 6 pass deflections, and an interception. That’s literally a stat in every defensive category except for scoring a touchdown.

Sneasel
[Image: 215.png]
Garfield Despacito Jr, WR OCO
Sneasel is a creature that is a mixture of a cat and weasel. It has razor sharp claws that it can extend at will. It is known as a vicious pokemon that will slice up opponents without care. Despacito Jr playstyle is similarly vicious, cutting through defenses on his way to becoming 3rd in receptions and 5th in receiving yards. Though his cuts are not always deep as he has only scored 2 touchdowns so far.

Teddiursa
[Image: 216.png]
Borgo San Lorenzo, TE PHI
Don’t let this little teddy bear’s cuteness fool you. Teddiursa has a decent attack potential, but would rather use its cute looks and charm to steal food from humans. I see San Lorenzo as being similar to a cute baby bear. While he’s not doing a lot of damage right now, only recording 31 catches for 184 yards, I foresee him being a ferocious beast one day.

Ursaring
[Image: 217.png]
Gary Goodman, LB PHI
Ursaring is a fully grown bear pokemon whose attacks are terrifyingly effective. It is known to become very aggressive during mating season, protecting its territory from rival suitors. It must be mating season all the time for Goodman the way this man is playing. He aggressively defends his territory with plenty of tackles, 3 forced fumbles, one recovery, and ranks second in the league in sacks with 9.

Slugma
[Image: 218.png]
Zee Rechs, TE YKW
Slugma, a slug creature that is made of magma, radiates heat and burns anything that gets close to it. While not the fastest around, it makes up for it by using physical attacks combined with the heat of its body to take down foes. Similarly, Rechs is not the fastest as he is a possession TE, but uses his body size to box out defenders and burn defenses. He is third in receiving yards for TEs, has 3 touchdowns, and has also recorded 21 pancakes.

Magcargo
[Image: 219.png]
Osiris Firestorm-Fjord, CB CHI
Firestorm-Fjord gets this pick for a couple reasons. 1. With fire in his name, he had to be a fire type. I mean cmon, too easy. 2. This guy is always liking and commenting on my twitter. So I have to show him some love here too. 3. His on the field performance deserves it: He’s recorded 3 forced fumbles, 3 recoveries, 2 interceptions, and 11 pass defenses. Also, his 52 tackles is enough to place him in the top ten for CBs.

Swinub
[Image: 220.png]
David Ramczyk, DT BAL
Swinub, a small pig-like creature, is covered in fur due to living in frigid regions. It spends its time sniffing the ground in search of mushrooms, its favorite food. Ramczyk gets this pick because he has not fully evolved into a full blown ramming creature yet as he has only recorded 17 tackles in his rookie season so far. He is an immediate call up so it makes sense. As long as Ramczyk keeps his nose to the ground he will find that payday that he’s been looking for.

Piloswine
[Image: 221.png]
Marlon Brando, DE BER
Piloswine is a hairy boar pokemon that uses its tusks to batter enemies into submission. Its relentless charges deal massive amounts of damage. This is Brando exactly. Although he doesn’t attack a lot, only recording 11 tackles, when he does it is super effective. This is demonstrated by his 3 tackles for loss, 5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and 1 recovery. Not to mention he has 2 safeties, the most in the league. And this guy is a rookie? That’s scary.

Corsola
[Image: 222.png]
Clark Boyd, TE BER
Corsola is a living coral reef. *checks notes. Oh coral reefs are actually alive. Good to know. Well this one can actually walk around and such. It has a very strong defense. That's the main reason I chose Boyd for this pick. He defends his QB and ball carriers from opponents with 30 pancakes, the most for a TE. He also has the most receptions and yards among TEs, along  with 2 touchdowns. An all around solid TE.

Remoraid
[Image: 223.png]
Tsuyu Asui, WR PHI
Remoraid is a small fish pokemon that can shoot water from its mouth up to 300 feet. It's known to buddy up with Mantine, eating its food scraps and fighting alongside it. Similarly, Asui has been a good support player in her rookie season, notching 245 receiving yards and a touchdown.

Octillery
[Image: 224.png]
Harrison Andrews, CB SAR
As an octopus pokemon, Octillery uses ink to disorient its enemies and then constricts them with its long tentacles. It doesn’t let go until its foe is defeated. It seems like Andrews must have tentacles with the way he wraps up offenses and strangles the life out of them. He has dashed offenses' hopes by being in the top ten tacklers for CBs, forcing a fumble, 14 pass defenses, and 2 touchdowns. His suction cup hands have allowed him to nab 6 interceptions, leading the league.

Delibird
[Image: 225.png]
Haha Mango-Panda, LB SAR
Delibird is a bird that is known for storing food in a sack-like bundle in its tail, sometimes even giving food to lost humans. Mango-Panda gets this pick because he has stats in almost every category: 4 forced fumbles, 1 recovery, 4 sacks, an interception, and even a touchdown. You never know what he is going to pull out of the bag.

Mantine
[Image: 226.png]
Richard Leaking, CB OCO
A friendly creature, Mantine is well liked by trainers. It can actually fly by building up enough speed to burst from the water, flying up to 300 feet in the air. So it's more like gliding I guess. Falling with style. We’ll go with that. Leaking similarly gracefully glides around the field making plays, recording 43 tackles, and interception, and 7 pass defenses. He is most definitely a leader on OCO’s dominant pass defense.

Skarmory
[Image: 227.png]
Brandon Booker, CB OCO
Skarmory is a steel tipped bird pokemon. It uses its extremely sharp wings to violently defend its territory. Similarly, Booker tenaciously defends his half of the field, so much so that QBs generally avoid throwing his way. Because of that he does not have a lot of stats, but still puts up solid numbers: 37 tackles, a forced fumble, recovery, 2 interceptions, and a defensive touchdown. 

Houndour
[Image: 228.png]
Damian Blackfyre, S CHI
As a dark/fire type dog pokemon, Houndour is one of the coolest pokemon out there. I basically made this connection because of the name Blackfyre. Black-fire. Dark-fire. Too easy. I had too. Blackfyre has put up the stats to be on this list too: 3 forced fumbles, 2 recoveries, and 2 interceptions. QBs beware: don’t play fetch with this man. He will not give you the ball back.

Houndoom
 [Image: 229.png]
Deshun Jones, LB OCO
Houndoom is a ferocious dog pokemon that can spew a mixture of fire and poison from its mouth. The wounds it creates never fully heal. When Jones makes plays, his hits are similarly devastating to offenses. He falls just outside the top10 tackles for LBs but poisons offenses with 2 tackles for loss, a forced fumble, 3 sacks, and 7 pass defenses.

Kingdra
[Image: 230.png]
William Lim, WR COL
A giant seahorse and the king of the sea. Kingdras only show themselves on the surface during the fiercest of storms. They have been known to have fierce battles with Dragonite over territory. Anything that will take on a dragon is cool in my book. Like Kindra, Lim will take on any defender that crosses his path and usually win. He is second in the league in pretty much every relevant category: receptions, yards, and touchdowns (7).

Phanpy
[Image: 231.png]
Otis Allen, DT SJS
Phanpy is a baby elephant pokemon that is very playful. Although just trying to have fun, it is extremely strong for its size making it dangerous to compete with. Allen gets this pick because he too is extremely strong and highly skilled, but his production doesn’t accurately reflect this. He is second in tackles for DTs, but only has 2 fumble recoveries. With no other game changing stats, I couldn’t choose an evolved form to represent him.

Donphan
 [Image: 232.png]
James Cho, DE YKW
Donphan is a hefty elephant pokemon with massive tusks. It has the ability to curl up into a ball and roll with a surprising amount of speed, ramming the enemy. Similarly, Cho is a big player that is remarkably fast. He uses this combination to ram through blockers on his way to make big plays, demonstrated by having the most tackles for DEs, including 3 for loss, second most sacks at 9, 3 forced fumbles, and a recovery. Thank goodness my player isn’t a TE anymore. I would not want to try to block Cho.

Porygon2
[Image: 233.png]
Albert Ruschmann, CB COL
Like its predecessor, Porygon2 is a synthetic pokemon created in a lab with the most up-to-date software. Its exceptional learning ability is its primary skill. Ruschmann, too, has learned fast in the ISFL. Even as a relatively young player, he still ranks 5th in tackles overall and is tied for 4th in pass defenses with 16.

Stantler
[Image: 234.png]
Achtfünf, WR BER
Stantler is a deer pokemon whose antlers are highly prized by hunters. It actually has the ability to create illusions by manipulating the airflow arounds its antlers, putting anyone staring at them into a trance. DBs covering Achtfünf act as if they’re in a trance-like state as they allow him to make the catch all the time. He leads the league in receptions with 66, is tied for third in touchdowns with 6, and falls just outside the top 10 in receiving yards.

Smeargle
[Image: 235.png]
Mario VonPebbles, DE BER
As a dog-like creature that secretes colored fluid from the tip of its tail, Smeargle paints on objects to mark its territory. The color of the secretion changes based on the Smeargle’s emotions. I chose Smeargle for VonPebbles because Jangorhino produces a lot of graphics. It seems fitting that he is represented by a pokemon that can produce art. VonPebbles has earned his spot on the list too as he is in the top 10 in tackles for DEs, has a forced fumble, 6 sacks, and a safety.

Tyrogue
[Image: 236.png]
Bender Rodriguez, LB OCO
Tyrogue is a young fighter pokemon that loves to train. It will take on any competitor, even those much larger than it. It cannot be counted out of any fight as it will occasionally land a surprising knockout punch. I chose my player, Bender, for this pokemon because he is young in the ISFL, an immediate call up. He’s not intimidated by the competition in the ISFL and occasionally lands big hits. Bender has the second most tackles among rookies, 3 for loss, and has 3 sacks to go along with that.

Hitmontop
[Image: 237.png]
Jacob Small, K SAR
Hitmontop is one of the three final forms of Tyrogue. It spins around on a spike that sits on the top of its head, like a top, delivering a plethora of kicks. Like Hitmontop, Small delivers many kicks smoothly and gracefully and has the most field goals made in the league, with 24.

Smoochum
[Image: 238.png]
Ryan Negs, QB PHI
When I came across Smoochum, I knew that I had to make it Negs. It's just too funny. Smoochum is a young curious pokemon that will kiss things to figure out if it likes them. Negs once told me that he kissed a CB when he was young and liked it so much he decided to keep throwing the ball to them. As the only rookie QB in the ISFL, Negs has finally achieved this dream. While he does have the second highest completion rate and 7 touchdowns, he cannot resist throwing to defenders with his 5 interceptions.

Elekid
[Image: 239.png]
Bean Beanman, DE OCO
Elekid is a young electric type pokemon that can shockingly punch above its weight class. It loves to charge itself up by playing in thunderstorms. Beanman must be hanging out in thunderstorms before every game. He has played extremely well for a rookie, recording a forced fumble, recovery, and his 6 sacks ranks among the best in the league. He even has a safety.

Magby
[Image: 240.png]
Mike Hunt, WR CHI
As a young fire type, Magby drools fire from its mouth. Don’t let its youth fool you though, it can breath flames that are over 1000 degrees fahrenheit (that’s about 538 celsius for my non-American friends). Similarly, Mike Hunt has the ability to burn you in ways you won’t enjoy. He’s 5th in receiving yards for rookies but has an impressive 13.1 yards per catch average and a touchdown too.

Miltank
[Image: 241.png]
Goat Tank, DT OCO
I don’t have goat pokemon for you but how about a cow-tank? Miltank is cow pokemon that has supported humans since ancient times. Its milk is delicious and nutritious. I think it's pretty obvious why I made this pick. Goat Tank’s name and because he is a heffer like Miltank. He supports his team well with 20 tackles, 1 for loss, and a forced fumble.

Blissey
[Image: 242.png]
Blago Kokot, K YKW
Blissey is a very caring creature that loves to heal anything that is hurt. If it finds a wounded creature, it will nurse it back to health without a second thought. Similarly, Kokot takes care of his team, helping them score whenever the offense is hurting. At 95.2% he is the most accurate kicker and has the second longest field goal at 55 yards.

Raikou
[Image: 243.png]
Tatsu Nakamura, RB ARI
The first of the three legendary beasts, Raikou is a tiger-like creature that represents the speed of lightning. Its roar is loud enough to send shockwaves through the air shaking the ground and is often mistook for thunder. Like Raikou, Nakumara is extremely fast. He has sent shockwaves through the league this season, dominating defenses and achieving the top spot in rush yards by over 100 yards more than the next best. He also has the most rushing touchdowns and a 5 yard average rush. Truly legendary stats.

Entei
[Image: 244.png]
Videl-San, WR AUS
A massive lion pokemon, Enteis are born in volcanic eruptions. It can breathe massive bursts of fire that completely destroy anything nearby. It can be said that Videl-San will burn any defender trying to cover her. She’s put up ridiculous stats and is 3rd in reception yards, 2nd in yards per catch, and 1st in receiving touchdowns. 

Suicune
[Image: 245.png]
Tyler Montain, LB AUS
The final legendary beast, Suicune, is a powerful water type pokemon that has the ability to walk on water. It is the most compassionate of the three and roams the land searching for dirty water which it can purify with one touch. Mountain’s compassion extends to his team, not opposing offenses who he wreaks havoc on. With 64 tackles, he has the 2nd most, and has also recorded 2 forced fumbles, a fumble recovery, and a sack. He gets the legendary status mainly for the sheer number of tackles he’s put up.

Larvitar
 [Image: 246.png]
Donald McBobby, OL ARI
Larvitar is a young reptilian pokemon with skin as hard as rock. It feeds on soil and only evolves after it has eaten a mountain's worth of earth. McBobby has a similarly large appetite for pancakes: with 36, he leads all rookies. He has not given up a sack either. 

Pupitar
[Image: 247.png]
Adam Mellott, OL NOLA
When Larvitar encases itself in a rock hard shell, it becomes a Pupitar. Even though its arms and legs kept inside the shell, developing for its final form, Pupitar can still move by propelling itself with compressed gas with enough force to move mountains. Mellott blocks with the same amount of force, leading him to produce 63 pancakes, 5th most, and no sacks given up.

Tyranitar
[Image: 248.png]
Tyrone Shields, CB CHI
Tyranitar is a dinosaur pokemon whose skin is very hard and resistant to most attacks. Knowing this, it loves to fight pretty much anything. CC’s player gets this pick because he is known as ‘the tyrant’ in Minnesota’s locker room. I am outside of his control now so I can speak freely without fear of a beatdown. Shields has played pretty well this season, not great but not terrible. He has the 4th most tackles among CBs and 11 pass defenses, enough to be in the top 10.

Lugia
[Image: 249.png]
Jack Banks, LB NYS
Known as the Guardian of the Seas, Lugia is a powerful and intelligent dragon-like creature. Its wings can produce winds so strong that they can destroy houses. Because of this, Lugia spends his life hidden away so as to not cause destruction. Banks does not hide his destructive powers, instead unleashing them on opposing offenses. He ranks 6th in tackles with 58 and 3 for loss. He also has recorded 7 sacks, a forced fumble, recovery, and an interception. Banks are definitely a force to be reckoned with.

Ho-Oh
[Image: 250.png]
Mattathias Caliban, QB COL
Ho-Oh, the Guardian of the Skies, is a mystical phoenix whose wings produce rainbow trails. It is said to have the ability to raise the dead. Caliban gets this pick because he has the hottest arm in the league. He ranked first in passing yards, 1st in touchdowns (18), 2nd in passer rating, and 3rd highest completion percentage. His passing game soars above the rest. He hopes to be like Ho-Oh and resurrect the Yetis dying season.

Celebi
[Image: 251.png]
Dex Kennedy, LB AUS
Celebi is a mysterious forest fairy that is able to travel through time. It exists simultaneously in the past, present, and future. It is believed that as long as Celebi is around, good fortune is sure to come. Kennedy most certainly brings good fortune to his team. While he does not have a crazy amount of tackles, his game changing stats are completely unreal. He has 3 tackles for loss, 2 forced fumbles, 2 recoveries, 6 sacks, 10 pass defenses, and 2 interceptions. What gets me though is that Kennedy has 3 defensive touchdowns. He scores more than a lot of offensive players! With numbers like that it's clear to me that Kennedy knows the future and takes advantage just enough that we don't suspect him of cheating.

That concludes my midseason player review of 100 players. I hope yall enjoyed it. It’s always nice to have a little walk down memory lane for those of us that grew up with pokemon. Unfortunately this will be my last pokemon player review. I’m only familiar up through gen 2 and I am too stubborn to learn more. Maybe I can find someone to pass on the torch too. Who knows.

Oh and while I have your attention you should go listen to Lucid’s podcasts. He does a great job and always has great guests on. Especially the one released this week. Do it.

RE: Midseason Player Review Part 2 - zeagle1 - 04-16-2021

dude, these rock

RE: Midseason Player Review Part 2 - WildfireMicro - 04-16-2021

I'll take it

RE: Midseason Player Review Part 2 - King Jellyfish - 04-18-2021

thats some insane effort

RE: Midseason Player Review Part 2 - Menace0528 - 04-18-2021

#stronk

RE: Midseason Player Review Part 2 - ValorX77 - 04-18-2021

Accurate.
But reminder, Videl is a she.

RE: Midseason Player Review Part 2 - shrub02 - 04-18-2021

(04-18-2021, 07:43 PM)ValorX77 Wrote: Accurate.
But reminder, Videl is a she.

My bad I'm still trynna get all that down. My default is "he" but its corrected! I'm sure I made other mistakes 

Also thanks to all for the kind words!