International Simulation Football League
*Philadelphia Liberty game ball write ups weeks 5-10 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Philadelphia Liberty game ball write ups weeks 5-10 (/showthread.php?tid=31509)

*Philadelphia Liberty game ball write ups weeks 5-10 - WildfireMicro - 04-18-2021

Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here with the Philadelphia Liberty game balls write-ups for weeks 5-10! Yeah I know it's been a while but it took us that long to win a game and I did not want it to be completely depressing. So as you can guess this will be longer then the last one but without any further ado let's show off these game balls!

Week 5 vs Sarasota

"Well I don't know what to say to be honest with all of you. I guess I could say it was a nice loss? Make a funny joke about the score? Ehh I'll figure out something and anyways hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here with the Philadelphia Liberty game balls for week 5 where we took an embarrassing but nice loss to the defending champions the Sarasota Sailfish by a score of 69-14. Yeah yeah say all your jokes but at the very least it wasn't a blow out. I do have to hand out game balls after all. So without any further ado let's hand out these game balls!

I'm gonna be completely honest with you all: just looking through the index I do not know who to give this game ball too. We lost so many fumbles and Ryan Negs threw two picks though he did throw a touchdown at the end. I know in the end there game balls give us a reason to play harder but it is a tough choice in the end. But I do have to pick somebody so the winner is...

Killian Chambers! His stats were: 7 receptions for 100 yards with a long of 33.

In a game that was definitely not fun to watch Killian at the very least had a good game by breaking the tripe digit reception yards barrier. So congratulations Killian and enjoy this game ball!

Defensive

Safe to say this was not a fun day for this defense. Getting beaten down and having 69 points scored on us is never fun no matter how nice the score is. But I still have a job to do and this one will be pretty cut and dry as an obvious winner is shown when I look at the index so the winner is...

Gary Goodman! His stats were: 8 tackles 2 for loss and a sack

Gary was the lone big bright spot on a miserable day for this defense. His stat would be impressive on any given day so congratulations Gary and enjoy this game ball!

Why can't we win at home by the way?"

Week 6 vd Yellowkinfe

"Well another frustrating day for us in the end with us getting blown out by the Yellowkinfe Wraiths. Why can't we win at home? I mean this makes no sense! But anyways hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here  with the Philadelphia Liberty game balls for week six. The offensive game ball will be a bit hard to figure out but I should find a good candidate and the defensive game ball will be easy. But without any further ado let's hand out these game balls!

Again why can't we win at home?!

Offensive

Our offense really couldn't gain any momentum all day and it was not a good day at all. We didn't score any points until the 3rd quarter off a Jake Fencik field goal. We did get a couple of garbage time touchdowns at the very least. I looked through the index to see who would win and it wasn't easy but the winner is...

Darrel Williams! His stats were: 7 rushes for 43 yards with a long of 15 yards and a touchdown.

Really it was between Darrel and Andres and Darrel had the better stats overall. They were the only players to score a touchdown in this game so congratulations Darrel and enjoy this game ball!

Defensive

Yeah our defense was just not good in this game. We did not get a single turnover all day and we only got like a couple of sacks and a pass deflection. It was honestly a miserable day but in the end I do have to hand out these game balls so the winner is...

Jimi DeSoto! His stats were: 8 tackles. Yeah that's it.

Sorry but other then a guy with 2 tackles getting a sack and a couple of other plays there really isn't much notable from this defense. Do congratulations Jimi and enjoy this game ball!"

Week 7 vs Colorado

"Well at the very least this was not a complete blow out like the last two games. We came very close to beating the Yeti at thier place so at least we tried our best in this game. But anyways hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here with the Philadelphia Liberty game balls for week 7! It was a very close loss to the Colorado Yeti and I am proud of how our team preformed. But without any further ado let's hand out these game balls!

It was not a home loss like last time so maybe that is a positive?

Offensive

This one will ultimately come down to 2 people and the ending result might seem unusual. Ryan Negs did not throw any touchdowns but he didn't throw and interceptions ether. He just had a blank kind of day despite throwing for almost 300 yards. One of the people I considered was Darrel Williams since he had 2 touchdowns and decent stats but in the end I noticed that one player had amazing stats in 2 fields and since I count special teams as offense most of the time the winner is...

Jake Fencik!

He was perfect on the day with 2 field goals in the 40-49 yard range and one in the 50÷ range. Those are some great numbers but his punting stats of 217 yards punting with one of them landing inside the 20 and a long of 66 yards I say he definitely deserves this. Congratulations Jake and enjoy this game ball!

Defensive

Yet again it was another game without any turnovers so that is disappointing. But the top 3 in terms of tackles for the game are what I am looking at and in the end a very good candidate comes up with his all around stats being the main deciding factor. With that in mind the winner is...

Matt Cross! His stats were: 7 tackles with a sack and a pass deflection.

James Hoffman had 2 pass deflections and Gary Goodman had 2 sacks but ultimately Matt Cross wins it for having 1 of each and being a big part of our defensive efforts. So congratulations Matt and enjoy this game ball!"

Week 8 vs Honolulu

"Yet another rough loss for us against the Honolulu Hahalua. Well at the very least we looked competitive against a strong defense. And our defense looked amazing. But anyways hey guys and gals and everything in between
WildfireMicro here with the Philadelphia Liberty game balls for week 8! Like I said it was a tough loss for us but we at the very least tried our best. The defense had one player have an absolute mobster of a performance but the offense is a bit harder to figure out but I eventually did. But without any further ado let's begin handing out these game balls!

Offensive
Like always we begin with the offense which looked good against a strong Honolulu defense but ultimately could have been a whole lot better. At least Ryan Negs did not throw an interception this time and actually has a touchdown to his name in this game. But ultimately I did not choose him to win today so let's get to the winner who is...

Jake Fencik! He was perfect on the day with 1/1 XP and 3/3 FG with one of them being in the 40/49 range.

Other then the one touchdown thrown by Ryan he was literally the only one scoring on our offense. He had a great game overall and kept us in there so congratulations Jake and enjoy this game ball!

Defensive

Wow just...wow. One player in this game had an absolute monster of a performance I wish we could have won the game for. He made life absolutely miserable for Chika. There was a different player with 4 pass deflection bit still. I mean Holy moly this is a good performance so this game ball will absolutely go to....

Gary Goodman! His monster stats were: 12 tackles with a sack and 2 fumbles forced with 1 recovered

I mean wow not only double digit tackles and a sack but also forcing the ball out once and even recovering It! I love seeing this kind of performance from out defense and like I said I really wish we could have won the game for him. Congratulations Gary and enjoy this game ball!"

Week 9 vs New York

"Welp another loss. Not just that but yet another blowout loss. Still New York is a good team all around so we did what we could in the end. But anyways hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here with the Philadelphia Liberty game balls for week 9 where we took a loss against the Silverbacks. I'd make a King Kong or Harambe joke but it wouldn't be worth it to be honest. But without any further ado let's begin handing out these game balls!

Offensive
Well when your QB throws three picks it is ultimately hard to win. Though he did throw 2 touchdowns so that is good. We did all we could against an extremely tough Silverbacks defense and I do not blame anybody. But I do have a job to do and a ball to hand out so the winner is...

Killan Chambers! His stats were: 8 catches for 107 yards and a touchdown.

Getting triple digit receiving yards in a game is impressive no matter if it is a blowout. Killian had a great game here and I am proud to give him this game ball!

Defensive

This one is tough to decide. One player had a few more tackles while another player filled the stat line in different ways. I looked at the index for quite a bit before I ultimately made a tough decision. I decided that having more spread out stats is ultimately better so the winner is...

Jimi DeSoto! His stats were: 5 tackles with 2 of them being for loss and a pass deflection

Honestly you could go ether way here between Jimi and Thomas Rose. I am just choosing who I think deserves it. So congratulations Jimi and enjoy this game ball!"

Week 10 vs Baltimore

"Finally we get a win and we stop our 5 game long losing streak! Yes I know it's against the Hawks but still come on let us have this. But anyways hey guys WildfireMicro here with the Philadelphia Liberty game balls for week 10 where we dominated the Baltimore Hawks 49-10! The offensive game ball will be pretty easy but the defensive one might take some consideration. But without any further ado let's hand out these game balls!

Offensive

The offense put on an amazing show with everyone getting involved in some way! Hell even our fullback Fuzzy got a touchdown which I am very proud of him. Yeah Ryan threw a pick but in a blowout like this who honestly who cares? But with all of that being said I think it is extremely obvious who gets this game ball and that person is...

Me! Tsuyu Asui! I'm the best I got a TD this game....can you at least pretend I fooled you? But anyways the real winner is....

Darrel Williams! His amazing stats were: 14 attempts for 149 yards and 3 TDs!

He basically couldn't be stopped as he ran all over the Baltimore defense for a whole ton of huge runs and a total of 3 freaking Touchdowns! I am very proud of his performance and I hope he enjoys this game ball!

Defensive

Basically the defense was unstoppable as they held Baltimore to just ten points! I loved how many 3rd down stops we got and how we basically never let them get thier running game going at all. This leads two candidates on the defensive side of the ball and while I love Jimi DeSoto getting ten total tackles and a pick I gave him the game ball last time and I feel like someone deserves it more tho you could honestly make a case for both of them. But anyways the winner is...

Gary Goodman! His stats were: six tackles with two of them being for loss and a sack and a forced fumble.

Yes despite Jimi getting the only turnover we got in the game I feel like Gary deserves it more honestly. He bullied Skywalker up front and kept thier running game from getting going. So congratulations Gary and enjoy this game ball!"

These weren't the easiest ones to write besides the Baltimore game. We just couldn't win especially at home. In fact Baltimore was our first home win. We are currently 1-5 at home which is not good. Hopefully I'll have more positive write-ups next time but until then I hope to see you on the field!