International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School (/showthread.php?tid=31525)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - j00 - 04-25-2021

Wtf, right now?? Like in the middle of my ISFL career? Is that some thinly veiled insult to try and say I don't belong here and that I might as well give up my dreams to coach high school ball? Fuck whoever thought that was it was a good idea to page me in the middle of Week 14, but you know what, I understand. After all, I am the best thing to ever pass through that school, and I already coached one year already. Basically, when I was a senior playing rover, and the defensive coordinator basically said fuck it, Juno Hu's callin' the plays now, 'cause the fat mofo preferred sitting in the press box with a giant bag of Cheetos and filming our games. He got so much Cheeto dust all over that camera that he ended up having to buy it off the school 'cause no one else was willing to fuck with it. You could fuckin see cheeto dust on the playback, and we had to play that shit on mute every time 'cause otherwise all you would hear is this mofo munchin' and farting.

And it was there that I installed the coveted Naked Corner Blitz and it worked to great success, probably 'cause high school kids are stupid as fuck and can't read a defense to save their lives.

But shit what would happen? We already know what would happen. We would perpetually win state, especially if I were to put myself in, but that wouldn't be fair obviously so I won't do that. People would be like "Hu's coaching them?" That's right! They already know!

I'd be the best thing to happen to those kids. I project a constant aura of inspiration that radiates out, affecting everyone on my team and simultaneously serves as an aura of discouragement to everyone not on my team. You got a quiet kid who's shy and doesn't have many friends? Not when I'm done with him. We will break his ass down and build him back up to be harder, better, faster, stronger. He will feel like a billion bucks. Billion with a B, 'cause millions ain't worth shit anymore, 'cause inflation. Or he might just break and come in to school mid-season and shoot up the whole school, but the important part is that he does it with confidence, head held high. Anyways, make sure you grab yourself a vest during the back to school sale.

But ye, after retiring I could see myself coaching high school ball long term. Maybe I'll pick up a coaching gig at one of them prep schools with those fine young white teachers if you know what I'm sayin'.

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - bex - 04-25-2021

[Image: 5d5f344f0f6de.png]

Raeni takes the reigns of her high school team

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Gumbaman - 04-25-2021

SHL

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - UltimateYeehaw - 04-25-2021

Chunt The Badger has a major secret to share. Being that he is not from Earth, there was no such thing as a high school for him to attend. More so, he never picked up the game of Football until he was long in college at the Vermillion Minotaur; so for that, I am editing this prompt to cover Chunt’s brief but extraordinary coaching career within college. The Vermillion Minotaur was down on their luck and decided to take a cue from The University of Texas and fire their head coach for no solid reason. In turn, their only viable option was to request Chunt The Badger to coach them while he took a much needed break after winning his ultimini. Chunt had no prior experience coaching so he did what he thought all football playing badgers would do: give an inspirational speech. Chunt’s idea of inspiration was nothing other than talking about his achievements on Earth followed by the sheer amount of money he has gotten from his various lube deals. While it may have seen that Chunt was tapping into his narcissistic self, he was able to piss off the players of his team so much that they threw the game. Unfortunately, Chunt was not offered a job position and is now permanently staying on Earth for the next 10 seasons.

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - MobiausGrander - 04-25-2021

Well, this is something I did not expect to tell you about! I was contacted by my high school and informed that their current head coach of football unexpectedly resigned and thus needed someone to fill the void temporarily until they could feed a new replacement coach. I gladly accepted the position as they were about to play their homecoming game against their rival school. As I arrived at the school, I instantly headed to the football locker room to meet the team to discuss how we are going to take down the rival school. I learned that the team is in the thick of the playoff race with their rival school also in contention for the playoffs; this game was important as not only it was homecoming, the winner would essentially be guaranteed the division crown as both teams were godlike compared to everyone else in the division. I knew they needed little more motivation to be hyped up to win this game; but as a little extra motivation, I showed them clips of me getting angry and plowing through double teams in the league in order to inspire them to play with passion and rage for that game and beyond. The result? It worked greatly as we destroyed our rival 52-10 in the game; (even then the score is misleading as we shut them out for the whole game but for 4 mins). The team wanted me to stay but unfortunately I was too busy to stay as I am still playing in the league today! Glad I was able to help though.

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - iStegosauruz - 04-25-2021

I'm not huge into the role playing aspect of the league. I don't even remember where Mendoza is supposed to be from besides that he went to the University of Wyoming, and I'm only like 80% about that fact. I just lack the creativity to take full advantage of these prompts. With that in mind I'm going to pivot a bit to some real world examples and I'll try to tie it all back together with some ISFL comments later on I guess. This prompt got me interested in the practical examples of former players going back to coach at their colleges or high schools. Phillip Rivers just retired from the NFL and is supposedly going to coach a team down in Alabama. He's from Decatur, Alabama, so he's returning to the area he's from although I'm unsure if the school he's coaching at is his high school. Deion Sanders went to Florida State but recently took a job in the college ranks at Jackson State University. To my knowledge he doesn't have any ties to that school. I'm sure this is probably more common in the high school ranks - plenty of players have gone on to at least help at high schools after graduating and some lesser players have gone on to be assistants at their college programs. Just interesting you can't find many high profile examples. Interesting to consider how that would play into the role playing aspect of this prompt. Most players in the ISFL are extremely good - or will be with the way the TPE curve works - so at a certain point everyone is elite (i.e. high profile) returning to coach a previous school.

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Sermokala - 04-25-2021

Alejandro Chainbreaker's high school didn't have an American football team. It has a soccer team that it is very proud of. Beunos Ares English High School (Or BAEHS) is considered by most to be the birthplace of football in Argentina. It is a private school in the capital of the nation known for its inclusion of football in the curriculum. It is not uncommon, if not encouraged, for its great head coaches to be poached in the middle of a season for a professional organization. Even after this the schools motto of " Servabo Fidem" Keep the faith Has shepherded the school ever onwards. As the next perminite manager is selected Alejandro Chainbreaker would stand as the model caretaker. To keep a steady hand on the tiller and to make their old head coach proud. For it is the proudest moment of an adult's life when those that depend on them no longer need them. Alejandro can't stay however, it would break his heart. His dreams died and he has found his glory in other worlds. It would hurt him deeply to stand on the same grass that a younger, hopeful, and kinder boy once walked. But, when mama calls you answer, he knows his kingdom awaits and they've forgiven his mistakes. Yet, this is not for him... for now at least.

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Tayjay - 04-25-2021

I'm very surprised they asked me to come back all of these years later. I was a pretty polarizing player and my dad even got in a fight with my head coach. Either way, they asked me to come back and I accepted on one condition. I get to call all of the plays and start the players I want to start. It was against our crosstown rival but I had a game plan. We were going to blitz almost every single play. To give the guys a boost I gave an insane pre game speech. Reminiscent of the Any Given Sunday speech by Al Pacino. Maybe even headbutt a player or two to jack them up. After we get done beating the snot out of the other team. I continue to sub in as the interim head coach. They threw an iPad on a segue so I could play and stay back in Yellowknife. At the end of the day I love football and any chance I get to give back I'll take it. But no way in hell that I'm taking that job to become a permanent head coach. I've got championships to win, and records to break. Leonard Taylor only has time for wreaking havoc on opposing quarterbacks.

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - ReverendOReily - 04-25-2021

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=115581&pid=3026521#pid3026521

SHL affiliate, pls note the different name. I am Rev/David S. Pumpkins

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - siddhus - 04-25-2021

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=115581&pid=3026524#pid3026524