International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School (/showthread.php?tid=31525)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - C9Van - 04-20-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Cody - 04-20-2021

As I walked through halls of my old high school, a flood of memories came back. The friends, the teachers, the crushes I was too nervous to say anything to… I was still nervous today. Although, I was nervous for a different reason. I had received a call from my father, he had been coaching football at Poplar High School for 30 years. He had recently had a heart attack and my mother told him it was time to retire. He knew it was time, but he had one request. He wanted to coach along side his son for the final game.

“Dad, I’ll do whatever you tell me to do.” I recalled saying to him on the phone.

“No, I want you to tell me what to do. This is going to be your team to coach.” He said in a choked up voice. 

There is nothing quite like Friday night high school football. The band was playing, people were cheering, they still used the same cheers I did when I was in high school.

I knew the playbook like the back of my hand as I had helped my dad when I was kid and helped him study film in high school. 

We were down by 27 to 20 with 2 minutes left on the clock. We had running the ball fairly well all night, so I decided to mix it up with a play action pass and try to catch the secondary encroaching. They bit on the run and the Quarterback had a man open 30 yards down the field… but he underthrew him and the opposing team intercepted the ball.

After they knelt it down to end the game, I was running out to shake hands with the other coach when someone grabbed my shoulder. I turned back to see my dad.  He put out his hand looking for a shake.

“Great game coach. I think you have a real future in this gig.” He spoke.

“It was a blast.” I said as I took his hand and pulled him in for a hug.

“I learned from the best.”

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - TeyonSchavari - 04-20-2021

Captain Rogers returns to Brooklyn on an outreach mission as a former student and current ISFL star. The school was much different 100 years ago - so was Captain Rogers. The war hero hasn't been back there since he was 120 pounds! But now he is called to action as the current head coach takes leave for a family emergency. It is up to Captain Rogers to call upon his newfound football knowledge and always inspirational charisma to motivate this rag-tag team of high school players to victory. In true Captain America fashion, Rogers stands in front of the group of young men, and begins his speech.

"Attention all Brooklyn players. I am Captain Rogers. You’ve heard a lot about me over the course of your life. Some of you even own my comic books. But I think it’s time you know your own power.

"The Bronx players are exactly who we think they are. They've been in control of the conference for a decade. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The offense and defense are nationally ranked as well. I don’t know how to defeat them, but I know we have the men for the job. They are all standing right next to you. The Bronx team almost has what they want. Absolute control of the league. They injured our Quaterback. And it won’t end there. If you lay down and give up now, they will defeat anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them.

"I know I’m asking a lot. But the price of winning is high. It always has been. And it’s a price I’m willing to pay. And if I’m the only one, then so be it. But I’m willing to bet I’m not."

After a rallying cry, the team is inspired enough to topple their rivals in a stunning upset! Captain Rogers saves the day for the Brooklyn Football team.

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - jzajenius36 - 04-20-2021

Talk about a no-brainer for Honky-Tonk Haywood.  After taking some time to morn and send condolences to the family of former hall of fame String Picker Vocational head coach, Woodrow “Woody” Timbickler, Haywood discussed with the team how best to honor him.  It was decided that Honky Tonk Haywood would head back to Nashville on an upcoming Friday night to fire up the boys before their game.

What choice did HTH have? After all it was in a Nashville bar, back when he was just a teen, where Woody discovered him.  In the middle of a barroom brawl.  Woody found his next stud the moment he saw a 16 year old Haywood standing toe-to-toe with some old drunks and unceremoniously tossing them into the street.  The rest was history.

While Haywood was deemed the ‘honorary head coach’ for the Pickers’ game versus McGavock High, play calling duties were turned over to the assistant coaches who actually knew the names of the plays and formations.  But that pregame speech.  It was so explosive that two players had to be scratched for the game due to concussion like symptoms from head butting lockers.  For that reason alone, we likely won’t see Haywood back as an honorary coach, but he certainly made ol’ Woody proud on that day.  The boys came out and won their affair by a final of 6-2.  With a few personal foul penalties sprinkled on for good measure.

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - dude_man - 04-20-2021

It was odd coming back to the high school that I didn’t even really go to. As someone who only went through home school but played for the team, there was a sense of wonder. Would kids and faculty even know who I was? It was something I thought of as I arrived at the school. When I entered, I was shocked to see a welcoming surprise from the whole school. It was as that moment that I knew I belonged. As the kids were warming up for the game, several of them asked about my journey to the ISFL and how a lot of them watched as I was drafted 13th overall in the S28 draft. It was really amazing to see their reactions as I explain to them the trials I had to go through to get where I’m at now.

As the game came to a close, (we lost 33-14), I in my mind didn’t think I’d be offered the job, nor did I expect it. But the administration for the school offered me the job. It was a surreal moment being around the game as a coach and being able to inspire these kids even though I had a terrible knack for the intricacies of the game. I thanked them for the opportunity to coach these young men, but that I still have plenty to prove in the ISFL. They understood, and they gave me an offer I couldn’t refuse. I would go on and coach for the Sandy High School football team after I retired from the ISFL, and that was definitely something I couldn’t refuse.

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Drip - 04-20-2021

Written option - You have been contacted by your old high school, who have just had their head coach resign. They have asked you to come back and coach a game for their football team, while they look for a new coach. What ends up happening during the game? How are you able to inspire the players? Do you end up taking a permanent job at the school?

After much deliberation with my coaches in Colorado, they let me fly back to Washington for one day to coach the legendary Gig Harbor Tides football team. Yes, I know my high school team hasn't won more than 4 games in a season since I took them to the state playoffs back in my day. And yes, we haven't won a game all season. But everybody knows that it's always better with a little to much Drip on your chip! It all starts with my grand entrance. Helicopter, straight onto the practice field. And yeah, it was in the middle of practice. That alone is so damn inspiring and cool, that I know all of the players were ready to go out and not only compete, but win their first game all season. Also, I am wearing a very cool linen suit on the sidelines. During the game, I realized that there was a personnel issue. Not only were they missing a star running back, they were missing a running back in general. Luckily, I go way back with the refs, so I was able to suit up and play the 4th quarter of the game. I ended the game with 491 yards rushing and 7 TD's in a game that is totally not on the record books, and I will absolutely not be asked back to coach again. That's okay though, it was fun while it lasted.

238 words

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - StadiumGambler - 04-20-2021

Saleem Spence harbours a secret ambition to become a coach, having dealt with some questionable play calling during his years as a collegian in Manitoba, as well as some more of the same in Portland. One day, the androids masquerading as humans coaching the Southside High School Raptors suffered from a strange, totally normal human disease where a black, oil-like substances peaked from their mouths, and wires popped out of their necks, with sparks fizzing from the wires. They then proceeded to lean forward and be completely unresponsive, totally like humans and not like a hypothetically malfunctioning android. With that in mind, Southside called in their future ISFL star and high school program flagship Saleem Spence to coach the team in a big rivalry game against the Generic High Dudes.

Southside, with only a couple days practise under their new coach, fell behind early, as some of Spence's dynamic concepts such as playaction fakes and deep passes went over the heads of players used to watching ISFL games. However, Southside adapted quickly, and ended up leading 21-7 at the half. Southside then poured it on in a vicious 4th quarter where they scored 5 touchdowns, and the final score was 75-13. Generic High and their light blue uniforms were not ready for such unconventional playcalls as sideline passes with the clock running low, not needlessly spiking the ball, not doing random fullback dives on 2nd or 3rd and long, and having receivers go 40 yards downfield before having the ball thrown to them. Screens and other such innovative uses of blocking were busted out. Generic High's coaches were up in arms over this, saying that teams not running a pro-style offense and doing smart clock management is "non-competitive". Generic High's star linebacker, Jack Slick, commented by saying "BARRRRRRRF!", before blinking out of existence and dropping a silver coin of some sort.

Overall, Spence did such a good job coaching that he's blacklisted himself from future coaching appearances at any level in the sport.

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - fever95 - 04-20-2021

SHL Affiliation

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Kyamprac - 04-20-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Bigred1580 - 04-20-2021

[Image: cGLdSlK.jpg]