International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School (/showthread.php?tid=31525)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - xTri - 04-20-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Reno - 04-20-2021

260 words

Tree Gelbman back at high school as a coach, they must be truly desperate to turn to me for help in this case. Tree isn’t the best with children, so her temperament would likely create some friction. That being said the first game of the season for Bayfield was always vs the rival high school across the town who was notorious for being dirty and brutal to play against. During the game they’d try their patented play of see how late they can hit the quarterback in an attempt to take them out of the game, they really are scum of the Earth. As seen in her high school days, Tree was never one to take attitude or questionable hits from anyone, so the first time they try their stunt Tree is out on the field screaming at the top of her lungs, probably vague threats to the other coach about how those who oppose her somehow wind up missing every single time without fail, before finally calming down and shifting towards the more aggressive “murder run” offense using the team’s starting tight end as their running back. With the opposing head coach and the refs fearing for their lives, the rest of the game would go off cleanly and the players would rally to become a dominant force to win the game, probably out of fear of Tree. As for a permanent job, most likely Tree would pass on it, maybe serving as an offensive coordinator eventually but a full on head coach is a bit too much responsibility.

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - bjkman - 04-21-2021

The really shocking thing is that my small beach town in New Zealand has started an American football team since I left, that alone shows that I inspired my town, which is just awesome. But the most reasonable thing would be that I misinterpreted "football game" to mean "American football" since I am so used to that compared to the mainly used term "football" to mean soccer. Curses you Americans for making me fly home to coach a stupid Soccer game!

Anyway, it is the middle of the offseason and I have the opportunity to go home to New Zealand, as I am visiting family, I get a phone call from my former high school in need of an interim coach, as I am a well-known celebrity, the school found it a good way to get some good publicity, and as I have a history in playing soccer, I sign the 1-day contract and as the game goes on the team scores 3 goals including a game-winner in the 66th minute. And while I am very proud of my former high school for giving me this fun opportunity, I am equally happy for the team I helped get a win. I do not accept their offer to be the head coach, I return to my wonderful life as a professional football player.

Code:
222 Words

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - hotdog - 04-21-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - EricNCSU - 04-21-2021

SHL Affiliate PT

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - LancedJack - 04-21-2021

Okay first of all, wide receivers? Cut them we don't need them. Unless they can play tail back in which case yes, you're welcome. Secondly we speak to the parents of the kids and we organise some kind of gambling ring. Predominantly around which child they expect to have the most TD's and rushing yards. We then go to the next logical conclusion, pay to play call. We will hold a 10 second auction via mobile at the start of our drive the winner of which will pick our play for that particular drive. The bidding will start at $1. If you truly think you can do better than a DSFL legend such as myself you're welcome to stump up some cash to do so. Let's get these kids some golden cleats. Outside of that I'm really not sure what else a coach does? Defense is a thing but like, it's high school, how competent can these children be? There's two possibilities. Either the opposing team has some kind of enormous, post-pubescent child ready to run ramshod all over our lot, or we have that child. So either we win by default or they do because that's the nature of high school football. Coaching, in this case, is pointless. I fully expect we'd win by 3-400 points. Anything less deserves a national enquiry.

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Hord300 - 04-21-2021

I wasn’t expecting the call from my High School Coach, but it was good to hear from him. He mentioned he was resigning due to some recent health issues and asked if I would be willing to step in and Coach for the game Friday night, since there wasn’t anybody else he trusted leaving the team with, on such short notice. Coach was always there for me in High School, and there was no way I was gonna let him down when he needed me. Luckily, the drive to my home town is only 2 hours and I was able to make it there for pre-game warm ups. When I showed up the kids were confused and pretty bummed about coach not being on the sideline. I told them “Coach is always there for you guys, whether he is physically on the sideline or not. We have a responsibility to go out there and play at the high level he has always expected from us!”. The kids seemed to have lifted their spirits and decided to use this sad news as motivation to play the hardest they ever have. It was a rainy night on the coast of Oregon, like usual, and the game was a back and forth battle. With 10 seconds left in the 4th quarter we were behind by 3 points and in the redzone. I had just called a time out and pulled the offense to the side and gave THEM the decision so they could own this moment. “Do we kick the FG and play for OT? Or do you want to go for the Win?” the kids in the huddle didn’t hesitate and shouted “We are winning this for Coach, RIGHT NOW!” and with that, I called the 1 play I knew Coach had drilled into their brains. He made sure every season and every single team he coached knew this 1 play to perfection and he only called it in the most dire of situations. The QB took the snap, held the ball as if he was throwing a WR screen, but as he was winding up to throw the ball, the blocking HB standing next to him Grabbed the ball out of his throwing hand and ran to the opposite side of the field where the entire OL was waiting to block for him. The HB ran as fast as he has ever ran, and had to make an outreaching dive to cross the pylon into the endzone, securing the victory. After the post-game victory celebration chaos on the field died down, and the kids were back in the locker room celebrating. This is when the building shook, as Coach slowly walked into the room to congratulate the team. The team circled coach, arms around each other chanting “MVP. MVP. MVP”. As the shouting died down, Coach turned to me and said “I knew you would make the right call when it needed to be made. This is your team now Coach Dan!”. The kids began to jump up and down, cheering. “You don’t ever say no to THE Coach……. So I’ll be honored to step in and continue the legacy you’ve started!”. So know I travel back to the Oregon Coast every Friday night, and coach my high school team during their season, and Coach and the kids couldn’t be more excited for the future.

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - IceBear32 - 04-21-2021

Hometown hero takes the reigns! David was nothing short of a superstar in his high school football days. He lead Angola to back to back to back, sectional championships. Something that the school had never seen done before. Now he was looking to repeat and increase his success but this time from the sideline. David had been such a valuable part of this program’s history that when a vacancy for the head coach position came up and the school caught word that David had interest, the job was all but his. This came with its pro and cons. David had full support of the Athletic department without any questioning or second guessing. With this though set an exceedingly high bar for the program.

David struggled with the program and his players. As a gifted athlete David could not understand why some things came so hard for players. This created such a communication gap in is players. He was always so self-driven so again when a player wasn’t giving a hundred percent, he just couldn’t connect the wires. Unfortunately, the program realized they quickly had to make a tough decision. A still loved icon in the community would have to be let go because the wins just weren’t there. The fans hoping David would be able to recreate his championship era have been continuously disappointed. For David, his perfect picture view the city had of him now will include an asterisk of his coaching career.

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Leafer - 04-21-2021

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=115581&pid=3024685#pid3024685

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Lime - 04-21-2021

shl pt