International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School (/showthread.php?tid=31525)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - zaynzk - 04-21-2021

[Image: image1.jpg?width=707&height=473]

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Crunk - 04-21-2021

Tayshawn Crunk doesn’t go back to Mississippi too often, so he was pretty surprised to receive the call asking him to coach a game for his old high school.

Arizona had cancelled practice for a couple of days, so he took the whole team along.

Everyone was coaching - Taro Raimon was teaching the wide receivers to run better routes, Charlemagne Cortez was getting the quarterbacks to quicken their release, and Gunner Thorbjornsson was sat with the bench players telling them the best way to stay focused.

Crunk didn’t bother with playcalling - he outsourced that to his co-ordinators Calvin Golladay and Galf Wilf. He was mainly in it for the clapping and shouting. Natchez High School won by 14, in a game only slightly spoiled by L’Gazzy Burfict being ejected from the game after tackling an official over a questionable holding call. The fans loved it though.

As he looked round the locker room after the game, Crunk remembered how it used to feel to live for Friday nights. He dialled a number on his cellphone and turned the speaker on.

“These are the best days of your life. For real. Enjoy it while you can kids, but stay in school. Remember - football won’t last forever.”

Crunk gave his thanks, and hung up.

“Listen to Zamir, boys. He knows.”

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Jangorhino - 04-21-2021

[Image: pt4.png]

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - HENDRIX 2.0 - 04-21-2021

If Douglas Quaid was contacted by his former High School to coach a game he would most likely end up getting arrested by half time. Quaid’s ferocious intensity and competitiveness is not suitable for a coach of 16-19 year olds. That personality suits him well during ISFL games, but not in a high school game. Referees are notoriously terrible at the high school level. Quaid would get extremely irritated at the first few poor calls, as the game continued on that irritation would transform into a psychotic episode. Tackling a referee or opposing coach would be a possibility. When young players in the ISFL train with Quaid, they immediately go into expert mode. Quaid doesn’t ease up on anyone. High school players would be unlikely to handle that kind of pressure. Quaid’s work ethic and demeanor might rub off some of the players. They want to become a professional player like he is, so his actions and motivation could really inspire some of them. After the game was over the students would breathe a sigh of relief as they watched their interim coach be driven off campus in the back of a police car. There would not be a future position offered to Quaid at the high school under any circumstance ever again. (213 words)

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Sutj - 04-22-2021

When Austin tight end Friedrich Vequain finally step foot outside of the Pompano Beach High School doors at the end of his senior year, he never thought that he'd ever have to come back. This was until he was contacted by his old high school Principal, with an urgent request to coach just one game for them while they look for a new coach. Though he had plans with his friends that day, without a second thought he accepted the request and walked back into the place that introduced him to the game of football. There was no chance that he could refuse the offer to help inspire kids who were in his position just a few years ago. After a very minimal amount of time to practice, Vequain rallied his players with an old high-school chant, firing them up for what would be one of the most memorable games in high school history. Down by five with just 15 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter, Vequain had to draw something up that would get the win. Being a former wide receiver, he recognised the talent in one of the receivers, and when the entire defense was expecting a hail mary, Vequain called a ballsy jet sweep. With a few jukes and a hurdle, the player crossed the end zone, with the entire crowd and the entire team swarming on to the field in celebration. Despite being offered to coach games permanently, Vequain turned down the offer to focus on his career in the ISFL, but offered to help whenever it was possible.

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - yonggarius - 04-22-2021

SHL affiliate

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Tesla - 04-22-2021

Agent Tesla: I have some good news and bad news for you Magnus. What would you like first?

Magnus Rikiya; The promise that the good news is actually good news.

Agent Tesla: Well then depending on perspective I have some bad news and worse news for you Magnus. What would you like first?

Magnus: Worse news.

Agent Tesla: Your old high school coach resigned after it was discovered that he was breaking the laws of space-time in the weight room to better train the recruits.

Magnus: What is the bad news then?

Agent Tesla: They called to ask you to come back and coach a game for their team while they look for a new coach.

Magnus: You told them I would never do that and that I would make a terrible head coach, right?

Agent Tesla: They insisted and said a few things that I believe border on blackmail, but more importantly than all of that I volunteered to go in your stead as the brains behind our little operation!

Magnus: So what you are telling me is that I not only get out of having to go back to my old high school to try to coach a bunch of kids after they lost their coach to the most ridiculous resignation I have ever heard, but that I also get to avoid any other media appearances during that time frame since my agent will be busy coaching in my stead? You know what I will take that as good news.

Agent Tesla: Glad to hear it! Just wish me luck and I will be on my way.

Magnus: Good luck!

-Several days later at the big game-

Agent Tesla in a Magnus Rikiya costume: Alright a 126 point lead at halftime is a good start everyone, but I really want us to come together in this second half and try to do even better!

Slagathor: I have been doing some web searching whenever I am on the bench and according to what I can find no team that has scored over a hundred points has ever lost in the history of gridiron football. Shouldn't we be going easier on our opponents so they don't quit?

Agent Tesla: You would think so as mercy is absolutely appropriate at this level of competition, however for the sake of humor I am going to go with the option of continuing to stuff it down their throat to run up the score. There is in fact a mercy rule that will be taking effect leading the clock to continue running basically all the time, but that is exactly why I need you all to play even harder if we are going to break the record of 222 points scored by Georgia Tech back in 1916.

Slagathor: Did the opposing coach do something to upset you?

Agent Tesla: He may have claimed Edison was the superior inventor, but that has nothing to do with me wanting you all to surpass your limits and do your best!

Slagathor: Got it.

-Several days later in the principal's office-

Agent Tesla: I know we just set the single game record for scoring in a football game, but unfortunately I am going to have to turn down the job offer. Being a representative of four players now is far too much work already, and being a head coach on top of it might just be the straw that breaks the back you know? Thank you for the consideration though!

Principal: This is not a job offer. You broke even more laws of space-time than the previous coach did and in a minuscule fraction of the time! I called you here to ask that you never come back.

Agent Tesla: Fair enough!

Code:
Word Count: 624

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - charlit - 04-22-2021

Killian Chambers paces back and forth in the locker room an hour before kickoff. He had just arrived in Albuquerque, New Mexico a few nights ago to visit some old friends. While visiting, he received news that the coach of his old high school football team was caught dealing drugs to students and was forced to resign. This was horrible timing as the school was playing their biggest rival in just a few days. To make matters worse, the top four wide receivers of the team received suspensions after all of them failed a drug test. With their star wide receivers out, the team had to turn to some inexperienced players to step up in their place.

This is where Killian Chambers came in. Chambers agreed to attend every practice leading up to the big game and help coach the wide receivers. While those he coached lacked refinement, they became a lot more comfortable leading up the game. Now, as Chambers paces in the locker room, he realizes that a lot of people are staring at him. Chambers clears his throat and gives a speech about overcoming adversity. This hypes the whole team up as they begin leaving the locker room and storm the field. Hours later when the game ends, Chambers’ old high school leaves victorious.

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Mooty99 - 04-22-2021

Well this one is a bit tough for me to talk about, because ummm i come from a different country, definitely not because I am hundreds of years old. The first question I would ask is how is there a Football team in Whitby and why is the local school full of fisherman's children now running a football programme that requires a paid coach, who so they play, what a mystery! But putting that behind me in the very unlikely scenario that this would happen I would of course be delighted to coach for just a single game to help out. The 1st thing I would do would be to teach them a bunch of new plays, we would have a ton of trick players, philly specials, wildcat formations to really mess with the other team. To make sure we win i would also sneak in a few Copperhead players to be ringers in our side, to really smash the opposition. The game would be a complete one sided affair, we would destroy the opposition, to the point they may even give up shortly before the 4th quarter, after their coach doesn't want to let their kids have any more punishment NO MERCY!

WC 203

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - deadlunatic - 04-22-2021

It was a Monday evening when Walker got the call from his old High school, the Colony High School, a pretty good sized school about forty minutes north of down town Dallas. Apparently their head football coach, Mister Shady, decided he had enough of coaching and went off to join the circus as the amazing can make any team lose guy(You could call him Mister Gase I suppose). So of course they figure maybe I would be willing to come back and coach a game while they find someone to take over. Of course, Walker says I got you. So, he books a flight out of the great white north and makes it in time for a special Tuesday evening practice. First thing is first, got to let these players know their record before this doesn't define who they get to be. Choose how you want to be known. But also, the old coach was a run it up the middle on three downs sort of guy. Which, if you had the states top offensive linemen and a top tier power back, I would say do it. But this team has speed and a quarter back who can straight sling the ball. But, yea, let's just run the ball because that is all of the play book he could understand(him being the old coach). 

So, we get to game time on Friday night, with a whole new game plan. These kids are excited to get to try something different. Their defense was never the problem, it was a lack of points on the board that kept them losing the prior season. Well, in this game, scoring points wasn't the problem. The cougars ended up dropping a fifty bomb on the opposing team, while only giving up seventeen points. Sometimes you just need a change of pace, something different, and sometimes you just need to drop that crappy high school coach who was just there to boss people around.