International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School (/showthread.php?tid=31525)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - AL_GRINGO - 04-22-2021

SO its time for corpse grinder to be a high school football coach. His home town is in Hell so I would imagine he would be coaching for a youth team down there. He would be the worst coach ever because to him football is so easy but teaching is very hard. He would probably get frustrated with the kids on his team and probably their parents too. Even though they are demonic beasts from hell they still have a soft spot for their lil boy. I am sure George fisher wouldnt last long as a coach because at some point he would snap and probably throw one of these demon parents into the styx river to drown. IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND COVER 2 DEFENSE I WILL BEHEAD YOU was a direct quote from corpse grinder during a practice session. The players just laughed till Jimmy's head was sitting on the goal post. I don't think he has the patience for this but he would gain a new appreciation for his sabercat coaches after this whole thing and that would help him bond more with the team. Corpsegrinder usually enjoys going back to hell to visit family but this trip would not be one he would want to remember.

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Billybolo53 - 04-22-2021

This is an interesting topic for my player since he is a native of the Dominican Republic. I imagine when Cuco returns for this it would  be almost a whole facility that he would have had to help build, much like the many academies for baseball across the island. It would be about introducing the sport to everyone and providing the means for kids to be able to play. Football unlike baseball requires a lot of equipment. I picture Clemente using his influence to make this camp an avenue for players to enter into the NCAA and then the pros.

I think that this would also extend into doing something locally in Sarasota as well. Clemente attended the University of Florida so has natural ties to the state. I think he would either do camps at a local high school. Coaching full time or anything like that would be out of the picture i think. It is such a time commitment and even more so than being a player. This would be just something to give back to the communities that helped and supported clemente through out his career. If he were to try to coach full time he does have an interesting back ground of playing both defensive line and defensive back.

wc: 213

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Tylar - 04-22-2021

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=115581&pid=3023842#pid3023842

shl affiliate

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Tomen - 04-22-2021

Konstantin was quite surprised to hear back from his old high school back in Colorado considering he was just picked up by the Buccaneers from the DSFL and was now located in Australia which is quite some distance away from Fairview High School but he definitely welcomed his alma mater reaching out to him. Konstantin tried to prepare the players as best as he could knowing that a bumpy right might be ahead of him but also welcomed he challenge and honor to be the coach of such a storied high school for one game. Obviously Fairview was the favorite coming into the game considering they are one of the premier High Schools in the state for producing College as well as NBA talent. The game went on to be one without any big surprises as Fairview just heavily outclassed their opponent and finished the game 20 to 0. The only setback that the school experienced was that one of the defensive lineman had 2 fingers dislocated as a result of having his hand tangled inside an opponents facemask. Konstantin isn't your regular football player in the sense that he will always play injured but is quite conscious about the health impacts ,especially the long term ones, that playing football brings so he urged the high schooler to leave the field and get himself checked out by a medical professional.

(230 words)

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Troen - 04-22-2021

Prompt Wrote:You have been contacted by your old high school, who have just had their head coach resign. They have asked you to come back and coach a game for their football team, while they look for a new coach. What ends up happening during the game? How are you able to inspire the players? Do you end up taking a permanent job at the school?

The first concern I would have in these circumstances is scheduling. I went to high school in Barstow which, for those of you unfamiliar (and I wouldn't blame you), happens to be about a 2 hour drive north-east of LA (or way more during rush hour). Getting there from Austin in time for a game and then making it back to Austin for our game while not missing the Copperheads' walkthroughs and position meetings will be quite difficult.
Assuming that can be worked around somehow - maybe it's before our season starts, or they're playing spring season, or whatever - then my next issue would be that I've never really coached and I've pretty much only ever focused on the defensive side of things. Sure, I have a sense of offensive plays, but it's much more about diagnosing them from the defensive side and identifying likely calls given the down and distance situation. I could probably use that in conjunction with the team's playbook to have some sense of a reactive game plan, but without getting to see a practice or some footage of past games, I don't know that I'd really be in position to set them up to win. Sure, I could encourage the team and maybe help the defense figure out some tells of the offense, but I honestly haven't really looked into the coaching side of things in the future. If there was an assistant coach who I could lean on for the offensive playcalling then maybe I could give them a chance, but honestly it'd probably be better to give that coach the position in the first place, and maybe call me in for a pep talk instead.
And then as far as an ongoing job - like I said, it's not really something I've prepared for. If they did want to have me back and I had a few months to plan more holistically, I might be interested if I was in the area, but for as long as I'm in Austin I don't think it would work well.

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - TomHanks - 04-23-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - NicholasTheGreat - 04-23-2021

[Image: unknown.png]

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - ajtigger - 04-23-2021

If I am contacted by my high school team there is going to be one major change when I come back to town. We are never ever going to run the dumb wing-t offense ever again. For those who do not know the wing-t is an offense that is predicated on using misdirection for running plays to trick the defense and thus gain big yardage. The style was used heavily in the 70s as it was created by Pop Warner, yeah that Pop Warner. It is an extremely outdated offense and the main passing play, the waggle, is still designed to pass the ball to the tail back as opposed to the single wide receiver, or as it is called in the playbook at my high school, the split end. As a WR growing up, this offense was miserable. We may have passed the ball two times a game and I was never the primary target of those plays. For this reason I will be instituting a spread offense when I become the coach of the team. The area I grew up has many wing-t teams and so I believe the spread could catch them off guard and lead to massive amounts of points for our team. Linebackers in the area are not used to having to cover and so it is time to exploit the holes in their game. By spreading out five wide receivers I should be able to run basic passing plays like bubble screens to dominate the weak competition.

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Sebster - 04-23-2021

The Eagles take the field blaring some old school AC/DC for warmups. After a quick week of practice, Coach Willie believes he has the Eagles ready to take on this week’s challengers. Some light stretching and play walkthroughs precede the beginning of a new era in high school football - the coming of Willie. Even though I play on the defense, I feel that my knowledge of that will allow me to execute offensive plays with perfection, because I know how the defense thinks. With this in mind, I send in my first play call - Four verts. They’ll never expect four verts every play, and it works on Madden so why wouldn’t it work here. Unfortunately this line of thinking did not prevail as my team gets blown out 54-7. Our QB posted a stat line of 12/38 for 200 yards, 1 TD, and 5 INT. Our RB did not have a single carry. Our defense was absolutely eviscerated due to a combination of repeatedly poor field position and a plethora of turnovers. My players were not inspired in the least and about ⅓ of the team ended up quitting football altogether. The school did not offer me a permanent position, and even went so far as to remove all of my listings as alumni. They scrubbed my name from every plaque, trophy, and yearbook they could get their hands on. I guess I’ll just stick to playing.

239 words

RE: (S28) PT 4 - Back to School - Memento Mori - 04-23-2021

Brandon Booker played high school football at Desert Vista High School - I selected it when writing my wiki as some google research showed several NFL players played there. The school clearly has a consistent football culture and is presumably well-coached with sufficient resources. You'd think, therefore, that Booker would walk into a situation where he was set up for success, but the circumstances that would lead to him taking an interim coaching role suggests the previous coach left mid-season. Coaches rarely leave mid-season when things are going well, so in this universe the team is 1-6, and the locker room is a bit of a shambles. Brandon Booker attempts to motivate the players, pointing out that their subpar play and off-the-field conduct will keep them from suiting up in the ISFL and even from being stood in front of a high school football team as their coach. This has some positive effect, as a 28 year old athlete in his prime might be more relatable to the kids, and is certainly a different image.

After weeks of blowout losses and poor discipline, the Desert Vista team is able to put together four quarters of competitive football. The world isn't perfect, though, and some nice speeches and a fresh perspective aren't enough to overcome the lack of effort shown in the offseason and in the previous seven weeks of the season. The team loses a tough game by one score, going down 31-28. Still committed to pro football, Brandon Booker does not apply for the permanent job having only agreed to coach this game due to his affection for the program. (270 words)