International Simulation Football League
Chika Bombs It No More - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Player Retirement (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Chika Bombs It No More (/showthread.php?tid=31590)

Pages: 1 2

Chika Bombs It No More - Starboy - 04-21-2021

I guess it's finally that time that everyone has been waiting for. It has been a long ride from the S20 creation of an anime quarterback with the goal of being weird to now being the old quarterback that rests on the bottom of the quarterback stat chart. I wish I could say that every season was enjoyable but I would probably be lying that every season brought the same level of excitement as the S21 season where I was on the Ultimini Kansas City Coyotes, won the Quarterback of the Year, and won the DSFL MVP. However, even though all of the seasons were not championship levels of fun, I had amazing people around that helped keep me going along. There are too many thank but I would like to highlight some:

I would like to thank @TropicaliaCC for taking a chance on me as a DSFL GM and took my weeb quarterback along with the packaged deal. It was a great time getting to go from just a somewhat active user to the GM of a DSFL team alongside you all the way back then. Plus you were the inspiration for the legend that is, the Atlanta Pink Ponies

Next, I would like to thank @Duilio05 and @Huskies311 for drafting me in Baltimore with faith that I would be able to become a franchise quarterback. I understand that things did not turn out into positive win-loss ratios, awards, and playoff wins, but I am still glad that you two provided an opportunity nonetheless. Your advice and help is invaluable to me as both a player and GM.

Another thank you to @GlimsTC for being my late career superfan. It was a rough run trying to constantly update and end up not getting the results that I felt we should be getting but then there was someone constantly pushing for the anime quarterback to do well even before we were good friends. Since then we’ve had our time in Baltimore together that unfortunately did not end the way either of us wanted it to.

And finally…@Buttersqauch101…you claim to have been the reason that I was selected as the Kansas City GM all the way back in S20 but clearly my hard work and connection to TropicaliaCC as a member of Atlanta was all that truly mattered in those moments. I had to learn to bust my ass to cover for all the drafts and DCs we had to submit while you thought earning a minimum wage at Taco Bell mattered more than the league which frustrated me more than I could put into words. Then you created a wide receiver and told me that you were using a Georgia Tech player as your render, as every good sim league member should, but then put his college as Wyoming to bastardize him. Another thing that just pissed me off without crediting the better school even though you try to fool yourself that some lame school in the middle of nowhere can even compare to any actual football team with even a single national championship appearance…I know you probably wanted more ripping into you from what you requested me to do, but I had to cut the joke eventually. On an honest note, thank you for the major help that you have been for me for the past year and more. Even in the rough times, I knew that you still had my back and that even when other people thought you were messing around with being a GM, you put in work that nobody else saw. It’s been an honor getting to know you over this player career.

And a quick thank you to @Attopax and @siddhus for trading for me and giving me my first winning season! You guys have been amazing and I am proud to be a member of Honolulu!

[Image: rHf2gVn.png]

RE: Chika Bombs It No More - 124715 - 04-21-2021

The legend.

[Image: ph6tpojfd5y11.jpg]

RE: Chika Bombs It No More - Buttersqauch101 - 04-21-2021

:shock

RE: Chika Bombs It No More - Reno - 04-21-2021

Kansas City legend and the quarterback Tree had the best synergy with down there.

Pouring out a bowl of cereal in your honor you silly little weeb you.

Also that means Chika isn't winning an Ultimus so I don't have to worry about my pfp bet on Discord.

<3

RE: Chika Bombs It No More - GlimsTC - 04-21-2021

This is the first time I’ve dreaded a retirement post, honestly. Regardless of the anime thing and everything, Chika was an absolutely fun player to watch. My Blake Bortles of the ISFL (which I hope you see as a complement lmao). I never stopped believing that you’d get what you deserved in the form of real success with her, but unfortunately it seems overall it was a rough ride for you. It does make the flip side pretty wild though, because a lot of my ISFL career trajectory can be attributed to my fandom for your player. Going to miss rooting for Chika, but I can’t wait to cheer on your next player and see you hopefully finally find the success in this league that you’ve long been trying for.

But until then, I look forward to seeing Chika bomb a few more down the field this season.

RE: Chika Bombs It No More - siddhus - 04-21-2021

Wish we could have got you for more seasons, but I do understand why you needed a fresh start. Was great to add a great player in that trade, but more than that, we added an awesome active user to the locker room. Now might need to mess with perms to let alumni see the main chat :eyes:

RE: Chika Bombs It No More - Crodyman - 04-22-2021

Chika dont do this to me. Who will be my fantasy QB now? T_T

RE: Chika Bombs It No More - .simo - 04-22-2021

Fucken love you Star. Sorry Chika didn't fully end up how you were wanting. You are one of the best though, can't wait to see what you try next.

RE: Chika Bombs It No More - mcgriddleluver - 04-22-2021

I love you Star ❤

RE: Chika Bombs It No More - Frick_Nasty - 04-22-2021

@"jackets28" retires again, I cry once again. Excited for a recreate hopefully yes?