International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out (/showthread.php?tid=31663)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

(S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - siddhus - 04-26-2021

(S28) PT 5 - Helping Out

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. Graphic responses must show more effort than a text box on an unedited image.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S28 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, May 2, at 11:59 ET. Have fun and get writing!

Written option - As a public figure in one of the sporting world's biggest leagues, you have certain obligations that need to be fulfilled. One of these is committing a certain amount of time to charitable organizations. Which charity would you choose to work with? What would you do for them and what would the desired result be?

Graphic option - Show your player helping out in the community through a graphic. Be creative. Maybe add in some teammates if you are working together with other people.

Affiliate claims from SHL, PBE, and GOMHL are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please.

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - FootballIsCool - 04-26-2021

SHL Affiliate- Different Username: Hockeyiscool

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - LancedJack - 04-26-2021

It's not easy struggling with one of the least recognizable diseases on the planet but thankfully with the power and the brand of Rusty Rucker we too can begin to discuss and bring to light the hardships of struggling with Enormous Beard Syndrome. Too many people out there have an abundance of facial hair that they cover with their hands and feet when they go into stores for fear of being stared at. Far too many people are fetishized for the facial follices they possess with prowess. That's why Rucker has started the Facial Fuzz Foundation. The Triple F want to be seen, heard and most importantly, understood. Therefore Rucker has commited that every game this season in which he finishes with a sack will be another month he goes without shaving. The end result being is that the charity will have an ambassador both on and off the field sporting a growth upon their face the size of a fully grown mountain gorilla. Enormous Beard Syndrome is an often under-reported and stereotyped condition but with the assistance of people like Rucker we too can help to end the stigma around having an upside down head, or a chin covered in legions of hair.

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - Opera_Phantom - 04-26-2021

Cue Jr. tries to get involved in small neighborhood charities. Being now in Norfolk, he tries to help with food banks mainly, as the area is known for the amount of homeless people. So he is using his star status to help 2 organizations, the HART and NEST, as they fight homelessness and try to get meals and shelter to everyone in the area who needs it.
The fact that he has been involved in this brought these problems back into mainstream attention, as usually people try to hide and forget some people are not as fortunate as others.
Other than that, he is always ready to help whenever organizations call him. He knows is face beside any organization means money, as fans rally behind him to make him happy. And he is definitely banking on it.
But this attitude also brings some problems, as some stupid people try to take advantage of his good will and use his name or face without his permission to try and trick people into giving them money. Please, be aware that every single fundraiser or activity he gets involved with, he will announce it, mainly on social media, so that everyone knows it is safe to help. Do not be fooled.

(208 words)

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - Number 82 - 04-26-2021

Christmas toy donation
[Image: A5mSQYX.png]

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - TomHanks - 04-26-2021

It shouldn’t come as any surprise that the number one charity that the world’s first publicly openly alive toy wants to get involved in is getting more toys for children. At the end of the day, all toys want to do is bring joy to kids, and in his position as a football player and a certifiably sentient toy, Woody wants to take that from the micro to the macro level. As a toy for one kid, you can make one kid happy. As the spokesperson getting lots of toys to lots of kids, you can make a ton of kids’ lives better. Having had multiple owners in the past, Woody knows the value that passing on used toys to kids without them can have. That’s why the Sheriff is running his own used toy drive, relying on children who have grown out of their toys to donate them so that they can find a new home that will use them. Brand new toys may be the more in vogue way of doing it, but Sheriff knows the value of a toy with a bit more history. Woody’s Toy Roundup is a charity that runs year round, reliant on toy donations from the public, and then it cleans the toys and finds them new homes where they will be loved just as they were before donation.

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - TheCC - 04-26-2021

Well the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about which charities I would prefer to work with is The United Way. Yes of course I would be helping people, but I think that there are other charities that probably do a better job of helping people. No, my reasoning is a bit more nefarious than that. The United Way is a very large and very popular charity, and they have had a relationship with the NFL for a long time, filming commercials with NFL stars. As far as I know, there’s never been an ISFL star on a United Way commercial, so I could be the first! Now, on to my nefarious reasoning for choosing this charity. Do you know about the Peyton Manning sketch on Saturday Night Live about the United Way? It’s hilarious, and one of my favorites. He’s just chucking balls at kids heads, yelling at them, making them take laps, punishing them by making them go stand in the porta potty, and using them to pick up girls. It’s absolutely hilarious and I’d love to get my own version of a commercial like that. Does that make me a bad person? Perhaps. But it would definitely be worth it. [205 words]

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - Yeenoghu - 04-26-2021

As a person who previously went through the foster care system himself, Juan Domine holds charities that seek to improve foster care and adoption agencies near and dear to his heart. Domine volunteers his time in the offseason volunteering with The Cradle, a foundation that provides child welfare services and prospective adoption assistance in Chicago. Domine is the liaison between the organization and his ISFL team, and he serves on the Cradle Associates Professionals Board as an ambassador to promote fundraising and community events. Additionally, the Cradle is one of the organizations that participates in the Butchers annual Meat 'n Greet (a charity drive) during the holiday season.

Of course, the ultimate goal of the organization is to provide safe permanent housing for children that enter the adoption agency, but Domine's message extends beyond just this motivation. Part of the organization's philosophy is treating birthparents with respect and dignity, and Domine hopes that his position as an adopted professional athlete will send a message to young people watching the ISFL to treat their adopted peers with compassion. Even though these children are experiencing a much more difficult start to their life, there is nothing stopping them from striving towards their goals and finding success. "It's not about where you start. It's how you finish."

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - dude_man - 04-26-2021

So I had to think about this one for a bit because I’m not really a charity person in general, and I wanted to make a funny twist on it, so I’ll probably go with George Costanza’s People’s foundation if it’s still up and running. You might be thinking why would I help a man who’s morally not the greatest person/organization to give money to? Listen, my man messed up a lot of things in his life, but I’m going to support him in whatever ventures he’s asking for now. I have the moolah to give it, and it’s not a big deal in the grand scheme of things because I’d make sure he managed it wisely. As far as the result is concerned, it can go in many ways, but as a man of charity in the sense of people, I’m willing to give him a chance with my money. He’s a bit desperate, so I’m willing to help him in whatever is needed to make the organization work. My agent says I’m crazy trusting in him, but what can a simple $1M really do to him that I can’t do with over $40M? But in all reality, knowing that man, he’s probably going to steal it and run off to Cabo or something. If that happens, my special friend Tony will look for him.

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - ddrector - 04-26-2021

There are so many worthy causes and charitable organizations that it would be hard to pick just one to support. One area I am very passionate about is STEM education. If you are not aware STEM sands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. With that in mind I want to support ASSET STEM Education. This charity provides educational materials for classrooms to allow teachers to be able to better teach STEM classes. Sometimes the barrier for young students to get into STEM is not having the proper tools to be able to not only learn the material, but see all the cool stuff that can be done with it. Starting by getting kids interested in STEM fields at a young age and then having the materials necessary to educate them is important for the future. As for how Sir Peter will be contributing, he is going to work with ASSET to provide every elementary, middle, and high school in the New Orleans area with top of the line teaching materials and equipment in order to provide the best learning environment possible, but that's just the beginning. After all of the New Orleans schools are completed he wants to do the same thing in Tijuana and then in the entire state of Louisiana. After that he has big asperations to further the reach of this by helping out Mississippi next as it is one of if not the worst ranked states for education.