International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out (/showthread.php?tid=31663)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - kingtag1999 - 05-02-2021

Well, as someone who comes from a family that didn't have much to go around, and whose childhood was spent going from one homeless shelter to the next while trying to take care of an entire family on his own, Smyth would help out at the local homeless shelter. Specifically, at the homeless shelter where he got the help he needed to achieve his dream of playing pro football, Sister Mary's Loving Hand, nicknamed "Brick Wall" for the outside of the place being well, a brick wall. Growing up as a black man in Portland, he was shunned, hated, spat on. Add to his homelessness, and he had no one. Until he found the Brick Wall. He met a friend there, a volunteer and retired DSFL player, Alexander "The Flash" Johnson, who, after suffering a career-ending injury, helped found the homeless shelter to help those in need. Johnson gave Smyth the conviction to follow his dream. It would be Smyth's turn to give back to his community, and to help the man who helped him. After all, if we don't help others in need, then what are we doing with our lives? As Johnson helped Smyth, so will Smyth help others out there, take care of them, and give them the care and hope they deserve.
Code:
216 words

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - Luciddreams702 - 05-02-2021

This off-season I’m pleased to present Lucid Dreams The Dream for a Cure foundations Summer Bash. A two day Music, Food, and Sports Festival. Bringing in the biggest names of Rock, Rap, and Country to three stages over two action packed days. This years three Headliners will be Twenty One Pilots, Tech  N9ne, and Luke Combs. Our festival will also be featuring nightly events by London’s International Wrestling Federation as well as daily BMX and Skateboarding street and vert Tournament. Night two will kick off with the First Annual BBQ and Chili Cook off. We will feature the top Food Trucks in the country as well as 10 booths by local restaurants I hand picked and invited myself. All proceeds will go to Cancer Research UK one of the worlds largest independent cancer research charities.

Aside from ticket sales and food profits we hope to raise money through a donation drive. As someone who has personally seen the damage and heartache cancer can cause my goal is to do what I can to ease the struggles of individuals or families having issues with comfort or the costs associated with fighting cancer. With my first event I’m hoping to raise at least one million dollars for the Charity. This will become an annual event that I plan to host yearly throughout my career. 100% of all proceeds will go directly to the Charity. Thank you in advance for your donations.

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - sve7en - 05-02-2021

shl affiliate https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=115693&pid=3030164#pid3030164

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - Trashae - 05-02-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - frazzle14 - 05-02-2021

Tony Yeboah loves giving back to the community. Growing up he was always volunteering for charitable events and giving up his time to help others who are less fortunate than himself. This caring attitude has continued throughout his playing career so far with Yeboah starting a foundation which has a few different campaigns it runs, with each one helping different parts of society.

The part of his foundation that Yeboah spends the most time getting involved in is sport for the less fortunate. This campaign is all about making sure kids who can’t afford the best equipment or don’t have the best facilities are given these options. Whether this be buying a whole football team brand new uniforms and all the associated things needed to play or by renovating old buildings which house the dressing room and making sure that the park they play on is in great condition. When it’s the offseason, Yeboah goes out to a lot of these facilities that have been renovated by his foundation and he holds events to bring people together through sport.

Yeboah is really passionate about this as he believes every kid should have the chance to get involved in as much sport as possible regardless of their financial status. The campaign has been a great success so far with over 10 million dollars spent on getting young kids involved in sports.

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - JKortesi81 - 05-02-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - iStegosauruz - 05-02-2021

I love animals. Some people in the league may know I have a pet hedgehog who I adore. I had dogs throughout my childhood growing up. Badger used to have a foster dog she was taking care of that I grew way too attached to as well. It feels pretty obvious that if I had to commit any resource to a charitable foundation that I'd devote my time, energy, and money to one with a focus on animal welfare. After a bit of research it looks like the Animal Welfare Institute, Friends of Animals and the PetSmart Charities have the highest "rating" from CharityWatch for those focusing on animals. I'd have to do a bit more digging on the actual mission of each of the organizations and where the most need is for each of them. Growing up I spent some time working with the local humane society - I mostly cleaned the puppy cages but occasionally I got to be the person who would walk the dogs or play with them in the back yard area. I'd like whatever time I'm devoting to an organization to be in a similar manner. It feels so valuable to spend time and work with ones hands to help out a good cause.

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - Gragg9 - 05-02-2021

This type of prompt is one of the most difficult for me personally. There are so many charitable organizations that it can be difficult to pick one or even just a few to publicize. Picking one for Anton Bruckner to publicize is no easier. However, given his background (set out entirely in an ultimus week prompt two seasons ago), Bruckner spends his time and influence bringing attention to a local charity that provides the resources and teachers for underprivileged children to get a music education. This may seem like an odd choice when there are so many that go without even more basic needs like food and housing. I encourage everyone (in and out of universe) to check out many of the other charities mentioned in this thread as well as the one we’re currently fundraising for and also give your help to those. However, organizations like my hometown Base Academy of Music (https://www.bamkc.org/) do amazing work in their community. Access to one on one music education can be transformative for the kid and their families. More than just learning how to play an instrument, they are learning how to learn and develop skills. That is something that’s often missing from the regular school curriculum, especially in underprivileged areas where kids are less likely to be able to afford band programs, sports, or any other extracurricular activities.

Word count = 230

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - moonlight - 05-02-2021

Big Slammu has a big bod, with a lot fo big muscles, but his biggest muscle is his heart. Yes, Big Slammu has been ranked as one of the most charitable players currently in the ISFL. When Big Slammu isn't slamming QBs into the ground, he's spending time with the kids in Yellowknife. As we all know, Yellowknife is very remote. The cost of living is pretty high and it's a 3000 dollar flight just to get there. There is a struggling First Nations community around Yellowknife and Big Slammu spends most of his time hanging out with the kids, giving highschool kids some tips on working out, and volunteering at the local hospital. Outside of Yellowknife, he calls Jackson his hometown and he's always giving back to his community there. He's recently donated a new gym for Jackson Hole high school football team that is getting raving reviews. He's also donated money to fun an extension of the high school, adding 3 new classrooms. Big Slammu is now looking past just donating his efforts to Yellowknife and his home town Jackson Hole. He's now looking at the world as a whole and where he can effectively contribute. South America, Africa, Asia...Big Slammu doesn't know where he's gonna go next, but we know he will be making an impact wherever he decides to go.

Code:
224 words

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - MrStennett - 05-02-2021

SHL PT Affiliation