International Simulation Football League
Liberty RB/FB Fuzzy Dotson Retires After 12 Seasons - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Player Retirement (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Liberty RB/FB Fuzzy Dotson Retires After 12 Seasons (/showthread.php?tid=31776)

Pages: 1 2

Liberty RB/FB Fuzzy Dotson Retires After 12 Seasons - goodfortunecoffee - 05-01-2021

It's kind of cliche in retirement posts for the user to be self-pitying towards their player. "Well this player was a disappointment." "I wanted my guy to be the greatest WR of all time but instead I only won 2 Ultimus and 5 Pro Bowls." "My apologies to my team for dealing with my max 1500tpe juggernaut DE only getting 200 sacks, I hope he burns in hell." Etc etc.

Fuck that. I loved my player. F.Dotson did everything I hoped for. He was a role player on a consistently struggling team for his whole career and that's perfect to me.  0 rings, 0 awards, 1(maybe 2?) pro bowls. Middling but realistic. I chose his number 37 after Larry Centers after all, a player firmly in the Hall of Pretty Good who played on a lot of bad teams. 

I guess Fuzzy did earn a DSFL co-MVP with another S18'er who never had any post-season success in Jay Cue @Opera_Phantom. And I guess Fuzzy did get an Ultimini way back in S17. So he had a solid minor-league stint but that never translated to much accolade in the big leagues. Which is basically like 90% of pro athletes. I'm just happy I never quit on him, and I believe I'm the last S18 player to retire? Oh wait just checked and @caltroit_red_flames Givussafare Rubbe is still active. 

Anyway special shoutout to all my GMs. @TomHanks & @ScorpXCracker (the OG sucks lmap btw) for drafting me to Tijuana which was such a fun first couple seasons that I cherish and showing me the ropes. @iamslm22 & @Fordhammer for drafting me to Philly which I honestly didn't expect to be, but loved my time there. @Hallmonitor_20 (why you gotta be a hawk??) @goodvsevil1275 (rip) @TubbyTim69 (also former agent of mine!) @roastfuego (rip soup) @charlit @"Punter715" & @"ShnarlyDude". You are all wonderful people. And seriously I'm excited for where Philly is headed with Pat and Cody at the helm.

Speaking of which maybe the Philly curse of the last 10+ seasons has to do with Fuzzy Dotson? Maybe with him out the Liberty will ascend to some winning seasons and playoff wins? I hope so, we are due. Seriously with the exception of one 9-7 season, barely making it in the 3rd seed thanks to a win and a Baltimore W17 loss, it's been year after year of being subpar, but not terrible. There was almost always a team or two worse than us.

Let's look at each teams regular season winning percentages starting with S18.*

Yellowknife: 104-57 (.646)
Sarasota: 61-35 (.635) (@Frostbite actually rox lmap)
Colorado: 99-61-1 (.618)
Orange County: 99-62 (.615)
Arizona: 86-74-1 (.537)
New Orleans: 85-76 (.528)
Honolulu: 46-49-1 (.484)
Austin: 77-83-1 (.481)
New York: 30-34 (.469)
Berlin: 28-36 (.438)
San Jose: 69-92 (.429)
Chicago: 64-97 (.398)
Baltimore 59-101 (.366)
Philadelphia: 59-101 (.366)

Keep in mind that since S18, seven of these teams have won an Ultimus, and now with Berlin earning the bye this season, every single team has made it at least to their conference championship. Except for Philly. Sigh.

*Adding these W/L/T totals up to 966-960-4 so I definitely screwed up a few wins somewhere. But eh it's mostly accurate and I don't feel like re-adding these now. 

Anyway all of this to say that Philly has had some tough breaks and numerous leadership changes and I wouldn't change any of it. I have no regrets sticking it out here. 

Well I've lost my train of thought. I coulda posted this in media but whatever I don't really need the cash or anything. Let's do some more shoutouts!

@FleshBagSoup for being the greatest Co-GM I could ask for during my tenure at Tijuana. Super glad you and @Jay_Doctor won one after I quit. Jay is way better than me anyway. 

@bex for being an awesome commish
@"Laser" for being an awesome updater bossman
@J0EB for being an awesome teammate in Philly. Really all of you Taco Bellers are fantastic. Even some of you who bailed lol. 
@"Punter715" gets another tag for pushing for a Full Back archetype, Fuzzy Dot's true calling. My Pro Bowl(s?) are dedicated to you.
@Kyle for being an awesome person in general and maybe my proudest draft pick
@woelkers & @Frick_Nasty for being super helpful when my GM responsibilities tripled all of a sudden. Fuck The Yeti.
@IsaStarcrossed for being an awesome person and keeping my interest piqued very early on with all that writing media

Um there's probably more people I should be tagging, but I'm gettin hungy. Thanks for reading my incredibly self-indulgent retirement post. Celebrate the journey, friends.  TIJ TIJ PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI

[Image: udSSiUY.png]

-Fuzzy

RE: Liberty RB/FB Fuzzy Dotson Retires After 12 Seasons - WildfireMicro - 05-01-2021

Good luck with your future players Fuzzy! We loved you in Philly!

RE: Liberty RB/FB Fuzzy Dotson Retires After 12 Seasons - Frostbite - 05-01-2021

DSFL GOAT status in my opinion. Thats gotta be the best DSFL blocking back season ever. Hope you have fun with your next player, you've always been a pleasure to talk to (and work with when you were on Tijuana). Fuzzy Dotson certified goat

RE: Liberty RB/FB Fuzzy Dotson Retires After 12 Seasons - Frick_Nasty - 05-01-2021

FTY

RE: Liberty RB/FB Fuzzy Dotson Retires After 12 Seasons - Jimi64 - 05-01-2021

An amazing teammate and a great player. It was an honor to share the field with you. You set a great veteran example for me and all the new guys coming into the Liberty. Fuzzy forever!

PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI

RE: Liberty RB/FB Fuzzy Dotson Retires After 12 Seasons - IsaStarcrossed - 05-01-2021

Oh man, its the end of a legend. You outlasted almost all of us. Love you man, I hope you enjoy your next player as much as you did this one. Maybe we'll have a chance to be teammates at some point next time around. Wink

RE: Liberty RB/FB Fuzzy Dotson Retires After 12 Seasons - J0EB - 05-01-2021

It's been an honor taking the field with you all these years! I really enjoyed watching Dotson run and I'm glad you stuck through the tough times with us in Philly! Good luck in the future!

#RingTheBell!!!

RE: Liberty RB/FB Fuzzy Dotson Retires After 12 Seasons - FleshBagSoup - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 04:52 PM)Frostbite Wrote: Fuzzy Dotson certified goat
Rip Fuzzy goat.
TIJ TIJ TIJ TIJ TIJ 

Love ya dude

[Image: 718638997919760465.gif?v=1]

RE: Liberty RB/FB Fuzzy Dotson Retires After 12 Seasons - TubbyTim69 - 05-01-2021

Congrats on a great Career dude, best of luck on the next guy

RE: Liberty RB/FB Fuzzy Dotson Retires After 12 Seasons - Opera_Phantom - 05-02-2021

You managed to give a shout to Cue while trashing him at the same time, what a legend.