International Simulation Football League
(S28) Ultimus Week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) Ultimus Week (/showthread.php?tid=31809)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Daybe - 05-09-2021

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=19289&view=findpost&p=311622

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Birdman - 05-09-2021

SHL Affiliation - LordBirdman

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - FootballIsCool - 05-09-2021

15. The Ultimus was a hard fought game between the Yellow Knife Wraiths and the Austin Copperheads. Ultimately the Yellow Knife Wraiths emerged the victor beating the Austin Copperheads 24-19. Usually the MVP goes to the best performing offensive player on the winning team. In this case would be Rando Cardrissian managing 97 rushing yards on 21 rushing attempts, two catches for 19 yards and two pancakes but I think the MVP goes to the anchor or the Yellow Knife defense Douglas Quaid. Douglas Quaid was everywhere out there on the field tonight. He led the team in tackles with 10 tackles and had two pass deflections but the icing on the cake was that he had a sack as well as a forced fumble and a fumble recovery with one minute and twenty-eight seconds left on the clock as Austin was just starting their march down the field. Douglas Quaid’s trip to disneyland starts off with the traditional Ultimus winners parade where Quaid as well as his other teammates will be touring down the main line of Disney World. Next they’ll go on Quaid’s favorite ride, the Tower of Terror. Following that they are going to tour the shops and get some mochi that Quaid has coined as “bomb ass mochi”. After that they ride the teacups, go visit the hall of presidents and call it a night.

[228 words]

Stumpy Jones signed on with comedy central to participate in Joe Pera’s brilliant program TreeTV. The concept for TreeTV has been his favorite television program that he has ever heard. TreeTv is “No people, Just Trees”. It’s exactly as it sounds it’s generally just mobile views going through different wooded areas with pleasant ambient background music. The plot is a non-traditional one, just like how Stumpy is a non-traditional football player. Stumpy didn’t need much of a smooth talking to be convinced to join this project.  Tree TV is a special minimalist concept that pays homage to his own. Starting off TreeTV is a close up of leaves of an Oak Tree that’s an Autumn yellow with many of the leaves that have already fallen off the tree and some that are completely brown waiting for a slight breeze to return them back to where they started, the earth all while a soothing piano toon is playing in the background with the sound of wind rustling the leaves the calm piano toon then loops and then a quick snap to a further shot out that shows a larger shot of the tree from what appears to be the forest floor where you can see up and see all of the majesty of the trees you were previously looking to close up. This then continues to change different sceneries with all versions of each season in many different locations.  Some of the scenes you see a nice vibrant green that is all about the forest that has a nice ambient rain sound and some scenes where it’s a wintery scene. Stumpy has generally stuck to the script of appearing in scenes that are in his native Washington state and pops in from time to time upon request.

[297 words, I wrote it because I feared the graphic wasn't sufficient.]

Graphic: 
 [Image: unknown.png]

28.           There are a lot of teams in the league that I think could be called the best branding in the league but I think the team that has the best branding in the league is the Colorado Yeti. This is a personal surprise when evaluating teams because I tend to stay away from teams that have red as a primary color.  I would consider the Yeti to be my favorite branding because of their use of visual space and inclusion of the local flag. First off everything is on a red backdrop in front of that is the Colorado flag’s iconic C outlined in royal blue in front of that there is what is assumed to be a yeti but it is actually just a silhouette of what is unknown. I especially enjoy the use of black as a focal point for the eye with how much color there is in this branding. In addition to that I think of all of the potential ways you could portray a missing link or yeti going with something unknown and lacking in detail is just clever. This is a team branding that I could see at a professional level and is something that I would happily purchase merchandise for. The team that I think could use a rebrand or a refresh is the Baltimore hawks it’s logo just looks like a historic logo for a team so I could see it just getting a touch up on it’s existing logo. The team that I would like to have a rebrand or the logo that I like the least is the Wraiths. It’s pretty darn boring if you ask me and just isn’t at all what I would envision a wraith as. It feels more like a skeleton than ghost-like.

[297 words]

29.  SHL Affiliate       Different Forum Name: Hockeyiscool

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - pppaul317 - 05-09-2021

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - y2bobman - 05-10-2021

12. 5 TPE

Chosen player to review - Jay Cue Jr.

Mr 1OA headed to Norfolk with big expectations on his shoulders.  The RB has been tipped for big things and I'm sure Norfolk had done their due diligence.

And things started so well for Cue Jr as he helped his team take an opening day victory at home to the Ultimini holding Dallas Birddogs. Cue Jr fans would only have to wait until the 2nd quarter to see him score his first career touchdown, smashing his way over from a yard.  Spirits would have been high. The 1 and 0 Seawolves were rolling.

Unfortunately, things for Cue Jr went downhill from there.  I say downhill.  They pretty much fell off a cliff.  An Everest of a cliff.  Spoiler alert - Norfolk fail to win again all season.

But I had seen the draft hype.  I'd watched that first game and knew there was a player in there.  So to prove this I've taken the time to work though Vue Jr's stay lines to see where he was good, great, and superb.

Longest Run

In week one Cue Jr set a longest run of 14 yards.  Through the course of the season he raised this to a high of 43. That's an improvement of over 200%!

Average yards per carry

The Dallas Birddogs match was tough and Cue Jr came away with an average of 4.3 yards per carry. Surely this would be tricky to maintain? Wrong. He could go on and up this by an average of 0.6 yards.  To put that into context, Tatsu Nakamura only managed 0.1 more yards on average in the ISFL this season, and he was head and shoulders above the rest.  In terms of DSFL, Lonnie Jackson lead the pack in total yards, but averaged 0.1 yards fewer per carry than Cue Jr.  The numbers don't lie, Cue Jr impressed.

Touchdowns

In their 1-13 season the Seawolves managed to register 27 touchdowns.  Cue Jr, as a targeted RB managed to pull in five of these himself.  And what would you say if I told you two of these came on the road in week three against the team which would go on to win Ultimini glory, the London Royals.  Impressive stuff.  He managed 8.9 yards per carry that day, proving his worth against the best of the best.

So in conclusion, despite the Norfolk Seawolves struggling this year, Jay Cue Jr has more than shown that he is still a talented prospect. What do I expect for the future you ask? Well i think the Seawolves season, and the rotation of Cue Jr with Dante King has softened his draft value a little. I don't see him going 1OA again, but I do see him being taken in the first round.  And as for ISFL career? Well I mentioned earlier that he was only just trailing Nakamura in average yards per carry. And coming into the ISFL I challenge Cue Jr to push towards the numbers Nakamura will gather during his illustrious career.

27. 2.5 TPE

To take football engagement to the next level we need to look at introducing a bonus type system to liven the games up.  So what do I mean by this?  Every game, each team has a bonus card to play and this entitles them to one of the following:

No sweat - playing this card means that the defence are not able to pressure the QB until the next first down or turnover happens

Hammer time - The defence can pick whether or not the offence throw or run the ball until the next first down or turnover happens

The Burfict - the defence are allowed an extra man on the field until the next first down or turnover happens

The Gunner - the offence can nominate one member of the defence to be sent to the sideline until the next first down or turnover happens

The Cue - the QB has to throw with their weaker arm until the next first down or turnover happens

The switch - the offensive or defensive teams have to play the opposite side for a series of plays, until the next first down or turnover happens

Extra man - team can select one member of the officiating team to either line up for or against them until the next first down or turnover happens

We could also look at taking this one step further and have the crowd vote on which bonus card should be played. There may be room for manipulation there though, but that's not my problem, I'm just the ideas man.  This would be a lot more interesting than being as to overturn decisions via video review.

29. 2.5 TPE

PBE link

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Evok - 05-10-2021

15. In my expert opinion, I would have to say that Yellowknife Wraith’s linebacker Douglas Quaid is the MVP of the Ultimus championship game. None of the offensive players for the Wraiths really stepped up and had too big of a game, it was more just good teamwork and all around play on the offensive side of the ball for them. On the defensive side of the game though, Douglas Quaid was amazingly dominant. He had twice as many tackles as the next highest on his team with 10. It wasn’t just the big tackle numbers that led me to this conclusion though. He defended two passes, which is always impressive for a linebacker - especially one that’s always making plays in the backfield. Speaking of plays in the backfield, he also managed to get a sack, which is always a huge play. A sack can be a game changer, and it can also demoralize your opponent. However, we still aren’t done with his stats. He also forced one fumble, and recovered one fumble. Without this turnover, I think that the Austin Copperheads probably could have pulled this one off. Douglas Quaid played the biggest part in the win for the Wraiths, and that’s why he’s my Ultimus MVP. 207

17. As most of you people know, my player is Sam Sidekick. I’m a kicker and punter for the Chicago Butchers. You’ll know why I’m mentioning this in just a bit. I think that if the Chicago Butchers were going to ask me for some suggestions on changes or additions to a new stadium, one thing immediately comes to mind. Sure, asking for a smoothie bar, or a taco bell, or things like that would be nice, but that’s not where my head is currently at. What I have in mind is going to impact the way I play. I want the Butchers to put the entire stadium on a giant pedestal. Like a literal pedestal. According to Google, Chicago sits at just under 600 feet above sea level. Mexico City is liveable and that city is at 7382 feet above sea level. So I say that this pedestal should be AT LEAST 5000 feet tall, to put us at 5600 feet above sea level. This makes it easier to kick for distance. Many of my seasons have been disappointing, but with this one change to the stadium, I think that I could be the best kicker and punter in the league year in and year out, even through regression! 209

21. There are so many great prospects to choose from in both the ISFL and the DSFL, so I may choose two prospects, depending on the word count. The first prospect that I’d like to discuss is Rejoignez LOrdreSombre. Of course, everyone knows that this translates roughly to Join Dark Order, which has been a typical saying in the Butchers server for a while. LOrdreSombre was playing for the Kansas City Coyotes this season, splitting carries in the backfield with Fitted Cuddles. Even though LOrdreSombre had 51 fewer carries than Cuddles, he finished the year only 143 less yards than Cuddles. This shows that he is an efficient running back, which is evident by his 4.8 yards per carry. Not bad for a rookie! He also managed to find his way into the endzone 8 times on the ground this season. As for receiving, he wasn’t the best receiving back, but he was at least serviceable, with 20 catches for 186 yards and 1 receiving touchdown. Unfortunately for all of the ISFL teams that are reading my scouting report, this one is quite useless, because Rejoignez LOrdreSombre is the GM of the Chicago Butchers, so he will undoubtedly be taken with Chicago’s second round pick, as is required by the rules. 211

26. If my current position, which is kicker and punter, wasn’t available when I made my player I would have been heart broken. I don’t know a lot about football, and I wanted to make a player at a position that is sort of similar to a goaltender in hockey. I was told that would be the kicker position. I think that if kicker or punter didn’t exist, people may have told me that quarterback is the most similar to goaltender maybe? Just because there’s only one of them. But the quarterback’s role is much different than a goaltender, so I’m not really sure. I wouldn’t have wanted to be a quarterback anyway, because that’s a lot of pressure, and I don’t typically make enough money to buy equipment. In a way the players on the offensive line are kind of like the goaltender. The goaltender in hockey is supposed to protect the net, and keep the other team from scoring. The offensive line players are supposed to protect the quarterback, and keep them from getting to the quarterback. I think that I probably would have chosen to create a player on the offensive line rather than quarterback, because there’s much less pressure on the offensive line. 206

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Amulos - 05-10-2021

2. Tell us about your draft class. Is there anything that makes it special in comparison to other classes? Where did your fellow draftees land, how are they doing? Did anyone turn out to be an unexpected steal of that draft based on what you know today? Do you think anyone in your draft class will become a hall of famer? If you’re new to the league, how do you think your class will do? Where do you think people will get drafted to?

I came into the International Sim Football League with the season 28 Reddit draft class. We had a pretty large class in comparison to recent ones, but from what I have heard it was relatively small in comparison to other Reddit draft classes. I believe we had 69-70 draftees in the class, and I would say that a good amount are still very active in the locker rooms and are developing well with their TPE spending which is great for the overall outlook of the league in the near future. I came in with very little understanding as to what the league was like, how the sim worked, who these other nerds were, or even what the hell I was doing. Luckily I had some good General Managers in Tijuana that really set the standard and led me in the right direction, I was so grateful I got to land where I did. I would say that there are quite a few successful draftees from my class spread out through both the ISFL and DSFL. I don't know each and every player off the top of my head, so I don't want to offend anyone by missing you on the list, but players like Cade Williams (Probably the best Offensive Line of the draft class and team captain, no bias whatsoever), Juno Hu (Very dedicated player and Tijuana captain as well, makes great graphics and media articles for the league as well), Remus Roman (My twin, most versatile player in the league, played Safety in college, RB in the DSFL and now TE in the ISFL), Xavier Walls (Potential MVP as a Linebacker, which is unreal), Lonnie Jackson (Steal of the S28 draft absolutely no question, potential MVP candidate that I think got drafted in the 7th-8th round), as well as other players I have heard amazing things about but haven't had a ton of time to get to know such as Anton Bruckner, Dexter Hall, Manhattan Project, Mongo, and probably many more that will make the ISFL an awesome place to be for seasons to come. As far as unexpected steals, I mentioned it already, but I believe the unquestioned steal of the draft was Lonnie Jackson. Many thought he was inactive when he was drafted and he came back shortly after the offseason and became one of the best RBs in the DSFL. Has been about as close to a max earner as you can get since returning and was drafted in the the 3rd for the ISFL where I think he will continue to improve. He was also named team captain this year on Tijuana due to his great personality and activity in the locker room. As far as players I think will make the hall of fame, realistically anyone of the guys I mentioned, and the ones I didn't could have a good shot. One guy I will say that truly has come into his own in this league and deserves to make it is my personal friend Xavier Walls (Titansfan). He's got a fantastic personality and is incredibly active and hard working to maintain his max earner status as well as assisting others along the way. His participation has been one of the many reasons why he was a top 4 pick for the draft, so if I had to pick JUST ONE from the Season 28 gang, it would be him. The next one in line in my opinion is Cade Williams. I believe he's got a great shot at the hall of fame because he is such an incredibly dedicated player and leader, and plays what some might consider an "underwhelming" position in Offensive line. I think that there is a high chance that New Orleans Second Line ended up getting the cornerstone of their offensive line for the next 10 or so seasons.  Obviously everyone in my class has already been drafted, but I am curious to see how our first free agency goes. Will people stay dedicated to the team they were drafted to or will they join up with friends or try to get paid as much as possible? Free Agency is going to be a unique time for my class, we have a ton of very desirable candidates. I think that the Season 28 draft class will be looked at as one of the best classes in recent memory, we have a lot of very active players, both new and veteran, that have some strong personalities to go along with them. I foresee the season 28 draft class having a huge impact on the league as a whole. I see a lot of us becoming General Managers or heading up various departments in the league and steering it into the future. The dedication I see from the players in this class is insane and I am just glad to be a part of it. I'm hoping as the seasons go by others will start to look at our class like I do, a class of LEGENDS!

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Ephenssta - 05-10-2021

Task 13: 567 words
The e-word, Expansion, is thrown around pretty much every season. People love expansion. While it is painful going through the expansion drafts and it makes the sims longer, it is a pretty fun process all around!  You get media proposing locations for expansion bids, rumors flying around about who is applying with who and which bids are favored by various members of Ho or the community. You get mock protection lists, more interesting mock drafts, and sometimes a contest promising to make a user-submitted graphic the logo of a brand new team! There really is a lot to like. People who are in favor of expansion usually point to the fact that many positions have a backlog of talent that forces players into the DSFL for extended amounts of time or the fact that expanding might allow for a more interesting league structure, maybe by giving us divisions within the conference. Of all those, divisions are the bit I would personally be most excited about. I think the league’s schedule could really benefit from having divisions within the conference. It allows teams to compete primarily with a small group of rivals, leading to more intense games within the division. It also reduces the number of games you need to play against teams from the opposing conference. While those games are certainly fun, I think having more games within the division and conference produce more meaningful games since the last thing you want to do is give games to your division rival. It would also make the conference playoff games that much more important, potentially allowing us to actually get a pair of play-in games before a conference championship instead of just giving the #1 seed an auto-bid to the conference championship game. But I think something we need to be more considerate of when flinging the e-word about is the impact it will have in sustainability and the DSFL. When last I ran the numbers, expansion would virtually guarantee DSFL contraction within a season or two. Teams would simply not hae the required number of active players to put together a roster without relying heavily on bots. My numbers at the time suggested teams would have only 8-10 user players on their roster. With the recruitment numbers we have pulled in over the last few drives, contraction is not just something that might happen. It would virtually be guaranteed. Some people are pretty okay with that, suggesting that the DSFL doesn’t really mean anything and is just a stepping stone to the big leagues. While that may be true for them, it is not true for everyone. I would have gone IA at the beginning of my career had it not been for an active DSFL environment. Those teams have their own cultures and communities at this point and tearing it down too soon would be a terrible blow to the DSFL as a whole. Additionally, consider how thin the last few drafts have been at the ISFL level. Adding 2 or 4 more teams means we would likely be having drafts in which inactive players were being taken in the second round. I believe that should be avoided at all costs. While expansion is always fun for the users of the league, I believe we should be focusing primarily on sustainability before rushing into something that could seriously impact the quality of teams around the league.

Task 17: 284 words
The Yeti GMs placed a pin on google maps some time ago in Denver that represents the land that the new Wolfie Farms Stadium will be built on.  It is a good plot of land, occupying space near the state capitol, some amazing attractions like the art museum, a large park, the zoo, and the botanical gardens. The new stadium should feature a life-size statue of the Yeti outside the main gate that fans coming from all around the world can stop to take pictures at while they make their way into the stadium. I hope that the seating will be designed in a way that allows the fans to see the sun set over the beautiful Rocky Mountains that are visible from Denver. Perhaps the stands themselves could be arrayed into a triangle, resembling the famous mountains in the design of the stadium. Obviously the seats should be red, the primary color of the team. But I am hopeful that there will be significant yellow highlights to appease the faction of the fanbase that clamors for YELLOW YETI. I would love to sit in a yellow section. The venders should feature a variety of Colorado beers and ciders, which are plentiful around the state. My personal favorite, Stem, will hopefully endorse the team as an official sponsor and allow us to enjoy their delicious products while watching the Yeti obliterate whoever they are playing that week. And there should always be some good food, but most importantly there should be the delicious biscuits and gravy from the Denver Biscuit Company, who make an incredible fried-chicken sandwich on a biscuit that is smothered in bacon and gravy. I would kill for one of those…

Task 28: 223 words
Obviously the Colorado Yeti have the best branding in the league. But being the best does not mean you can slack off and just accept things as they are. That leads to mediocrity and your team no longer having the best branding. The Yeti should definitely refresh their imaging to ensure they stay on top for the foreseeable future, especially if expansion happens sometime in the near future and we get new teams. The most obvious step the Yeti should take to refresh their logo is by changing the primary color from Red, which is objectively lame, to YELLOW, which is inherently cool. Yellow is also a primary color. It is frequently used to indicate caution, signaling that opposing teams should have caution going up against the Yeti, who are objectively better than they are. Penguins have yellow to attract a mate and the Yeti organization employs several penguins on the field. Although perhaps the most convincing argument for why the Yeti should switch to YELLOW as their primary color of choice is to keep that oversized chicken off the team. Honestly, we should have rebranded to a yellow team the second he made that “announcement.” The team should leave the rest of the logo alone, I think. Just make some minor changes to the color scheme and call it good enough…for now.

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - J0EB - 05-10-2021

Code:
26. Imagine your current position was not available to be picked when you created your player. What other position would you have picked, and why?

If I couldn't have played at the Safety Position, I definitely would've picked to be a Wide Receiver. And the answer as to why is simple. Larry Fitzgerald. I'm a big cardinals fan and he's my absolute favorite player in the league. His dependability and passion he shows on and off the field are qualities that I would not only want my player to display through my depictions of him, but I want to embody myself in real life. Growing up Fitz was a player I truly looked up to, so I would have created a WR very similar to him in both build and character backstory stuff. The role play aspects of the league in PT's and media were  some of my favorite parts early on in the league, so having my player embody Fitz' generosity and personality would have been fun to do. On top of this, WR would be an incredibly exciting position to play as. You have a big presence on the field and are a major factor in your teams offense moving the chains. Along with this, I'm always amazed by the kind of catches NFL receivers can make, and Larry himself is known for effortlessly snagging balls out of the air and avoiding drops, diving and putting in every ounce of effort he has to give, and really just being dependable all around. These qualities in receivers and especially in Larry are just so cool and I'd love to be able to write about my players dope catches and clutch TD grabs too.

Code:
20. If your player had a show starring them, what would the plot be? Graphic Option: Create the cover art for your player’s show

[Image: ISFL_Underground_DONE.jpg]
A wrestling show which airs during the offseason Hosted by Matt Cross! Special guests would come on and learn how to wrestle and compete in matches against each other.

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Kotasa - 05-10-2021

21. Make a scouting report for any of the ISFL or DSFL draftees. Show their stats, abilities, TPE, or highlights. Written or graphic option available.
[Image: wXYjn3I.png]
24. Create a billboard, magazine cover, unique trading card, or video game cover depicting a one of the league's stars.
[Image: iF8WOk6.jpg]
14. Describe your player and/or team’s journey through this latest season. What were the highlights? What were the lower points? What might you have done differently? What are your expectations for next season?
When I signed with the Arizona Outlaws, I knew in my heart that this was the right decision for my goals as a player in this league. I honestly had 0 expectations that they would reach out as they did not get to me until later and had two solid CBs in Unicorn and Crunk, the later of which is a S25 classmate of mine and is closely riding me for top in the class in terms of TPE. I had already written them off due to not being needed, but there they were in my DMs. I looked a lot at roster construction when I was picking a spot, who fits my timeline for championships, would the rest of the team get worse as soon as I signed? When I looked at AZ, I really did not see any weaknesses that were noticeable aside from maybe offensive line, having a couple bots there can really hurt cap and in the long run hurt what you’re able to do and with Cue retiring that was my only issue. However, most teams in the league have that issue, after chatting some more I signed on because I knew we were going to be an amazing team in the desert. As Arizona does, we started off 0-2 and were mocked as we are supposed to be good, so we woke up and rattled 10 straight before closing the season 12-4, highest PD in the entire league and hungry for more. It truly looked like our season, and then the Austin upset happened and that one really hurt. I had a couple cool things happen to myself though. First, I broke the single game Pass Defense record against my good friend @Daybe, 8PDs in a game, and interception and I hold my buddy to just 5 catches on 19 targets, sounds like I can give him crap for days. It is no defensive touchdown so I will not be winning any awards but hey making fun of Daybe is its own reward. Second I also broke the single season pass deflection last year that was set my by good buddy Katarn, 46 is the new number to beat and I was super stoked about that. On top of that I broke my personal best for interceptions in a season and had one of, if not the, lowest catch% allowed, at least compared to my CBotY counter parts. Again only 1 DTD so I don’t plan on winning anything for it but I will probably make the pro-bowl which helps my case for HOF and if I keep this pace when it comes to PDs I will easily crush the current PD record. I got big hopes for next season, I look at it as another Ultimus contending season and if we can continue roster construction like we have been we should easily be contending for seasons to come.