International Simulation Football League
(S28) Ultimus Week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) Ultimus Week (/showthread.php?tid=31809)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Duilio05 - 05-12-2021

Non football related award that my player would win 400 words

Sam the Onion Man would win the award for Eating the Most Onions in a Season. Sam loves his onions and passionately grows them, always suggesting to other players to eat them as well. He isn’t shy about this proclaiming that his football skills are directly because of the onions he eats. His proof is his lovable donkey Mary Lou who has be a live longer than he is, and all she eats is onions. He loves talking about his onions and believes in them so much, he even tells opposing teams and players about his onions. His teammates at times complain about the locker room smelling of onions, but they’re sweet onions so it not too pungent. Definitely not as bad as the ass sweat of 50 grown men.

At the award celebration every thing is decorated in different kinds of onions. The light coverings are onions shaped with the colors pale yellow, red, purple and green. The food is onion soup, all the potato chips are chives flavor, any and every dish has caramelized onions, and every table gets its own onion blossom with special sauce just like from the county fair. The floral decoration are all flowers of various onion species. The confetti is onions. For the award speech Sam would talk about growing up in the lake rowing everyday. How one day he found his first onion and took a bite of it. It completely changed his world and he fell in love. He spent much of his young adult years looking for the best wild onions until he finally found the onion patch that he now calls his own. Sam would talk about when he first met mary lou. He met her while looking for onions one day and found her chopping down on a over turned onion cart. The sight convinced him she was worth being friends with and gave him the idea to start his own onion cart to sell his onions. At the end of the speech Sam would talk about all the ways one could have onions. Onion omelet, potatoes and onions, onions and liver, onions and fish, onions and salad, onions and soup, onions and pasta, onions and curry, onions and bloody mary’s, etc. There are so many ways to have onions. And then onions would rain down on every one and every one would take a onion of their own home with them as Sam walked away with the onion trophy.

How Baltimore’s rebuild is going 400 words.
Baltimore’s rebuild is going fantastic. Maybe not in the win column, actually it is going great in the win column. After going winless last season Baltimore stole not one, but two wins from opponents this season. The Hawks 2nd over all star running back has extended his contract for another season. The General managers are making even bigger draft waves than they did last season. The duo Frick and Hall have loaded up with not two or three, but four picks in the first round. Which maybe to the very detriment of every other team. When the huge S22 class is now in regression, Baltimore should be looking very good in about four seasons as they will have a plethora of max earning players in comparison to the rest of the league. I would not be shocked to hear they take certain users like Drizzy or Shadyshorelace, the latter being someone I see the Hawks taking in the 1st over all for this draft. It is hard to say there is any improvement the hawks could do beyond what they have already accomplished. They have built a strong locker room with a lot of active users, especially with rookies who seem to really enjoy hanging out in even just the server lobby.

For the players retiring from the team, I am positive they would all prefer to stay just a bit longer to see the full recovery of this once proud and league leading dynasty. The potential for this gathering of talent that Frick and Hall are putting together could make Baltimore one best teams in league history. They already have historic users in of themselves, but they have infinite and bigred, and bright up and coming star badger. However, the team still has a long way to go as the tpe tracker still shows them 5,000 tpe behind the next lowest team, and the top teams with over double the hawks total. It is good for the league all together that no team is ever as easy of a push over as the hawks have been last couple seasons. Keeping every team at a certain level of ability keeps the league all together healthy and competitive. The Hawks were in this position just a year ago trying to put together and incredible rebuild only for it to collapse and fall apart 6 moths later. Only time will tell if this time is different. I personally am rooting for them to succeed.

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - dogwoodmaple - 05-12-2021

17. Your team has announced that they will be laying ground on a new stadium next season. What additions would you like to see included in it. Graphic Option: Create a field / stadium design for your team. (2.5 TPE)

As sad as I am to see Silverback Stadium go by the wayside, I am excited about the upgrades we can put in our new stadium.  The first and perhaps most obvious inclusion would be a state of the art, 100 acre zoo.  The stadium would be connected to one end of the Zoo, right by the primate section.  That way, our Silverback mascot can be viewed by fans and help cheer us on.  This would of course be done with the help of the American Zoological Association and would be up to all the relevant guidelines.  The next thing I'd make sure we have would be tripling the number of bars, quadrupling the number of Coca-Cola freestyle machines, and making sure there are plenty of new bathrooms.  When you come to a game, what's better than having instant access to your favorite beverage, adult or otherwise?  Plus, if you're going to be sitting in a stadium watching a game for a few hours, you have to be able to get to a bathroom quickly.  Finally, I'd hire a Michelin star chef to completely revamp our concessions.  With the ever-increasing price of football tickets, we need to make sure coming to the game with your family is worth it for the average fan.  New, better food at a reasonable price will help make sure we fill our seats and always have the best home field advantage possible.  Not to mention that we'll offer a dish each week that celebrates defeating our opponent!
(252 words)

18. Written option - which teammate of yours is the ultimate team player and why? How does this person exhibit selflessness and put the team first? Are they a great locker room presence who encourages others? Do they play an important but unappreciated role on the team which doesn't receive much recognition for awards? Graphic Option: Create a graphic of your player with your teammate who exhibits a team-friendly attitude.

This is an easy answer - Mac Griddle.  From the moment I joined the New York locker room, Griddle welcomed me with open arms and made sure I felt at home as a Silverback.  Despite also being a safety, Mac was eager to help in my journey as a rookie ISFL and never saw me as a rival.  Throughout the years, Mac and I have developed a bond as a part of #SafetyGang and have taken pride in shutting down the opponents' passing game.  Despite each of us likely taking stats away from the other, we just don't look at it that way.  He's all about the team and that's something that really made me instantly respect him and enjoy his company.  He was absolutely robbed for Breakout Player of the Year this season and I'll never know what the award voters were thinking.  He showed that whether he's asked to play a starring role, a supporting role, or do anything in between, he's ready, willing, and able to help the team out.  His performance this year played a massive role in our overall success and I don't see that changing in the future. Plus, with the stat changes for safeties it's easy to get frustrated by lack of showing up in the statsheet, but that never bothers Mac.  He's the same win or loss, interception or not.  A true team player and an absolutely incredibly user, there's just nobody like Mac Griddle!
(242 words)

26. Imagine your current position was not available to be picked when you created your player. What other position would you have picked, and why?

No question about it, I would've been a running back. My initial render used the body of Nick Chubb and he's probably my favorite player in the IRL NFL.  I was very close to picking running back even with safety available, so it's an easy call.  I love having the ball in my hands and playing an active role in my team's success.  While I do prefer defense, the idea of being one of the offensive stars not only on my team, but in the league as a whole would've been an incredible goal to chase.  Plus, I'm all about speed.  I'll be maxing out my safety speed this offseason and it would've been the first thing I really built up as a running back.  With blazing acceleration and elite quickness, I would've been a deadly option out of the backfield for my team.  Not to mention that I love the idea of potentially being one of the league's top fantasy options on a yearly basis.  There is simply nothing like playing a starring role and helping to lead your team to the Ultimus.  While I won't be doing that with my current player, I'm fairly certain that my next create will be a running back.  It seems like an incredibly fun position to build for and the competition between the league's top 'backs is always fierce.  Keep an eye out for Dogwood 2.0!
(234 words)

29. Affliate PT from either SHL/PBE/GOMHL. The Weeks must match with the timeframe of this UW (2.5 TPE)
PBE affiliate

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Luciddreams702 - 05-12-2021

14. Describe your player and/or team’s journey through this latest season. What were the highlights? What were the lower points? What might you have done differently? What are your expectations for next season?

https://anchor.fm/fanworldpresents/episodes/Ultimus-Week-Point-Task-e10pifb

Imagine your current position was not available to be picked when you created your player. What other position would you have picked, and why?

If Defensive end wasn’t available when I created my player Lucid Dreams would be a Running Back. If I had to change positions or pick a different path to pursue I would change things up completely by stepping to the offensive side of the ball. The easy choice to make would be Linebacker to use the similar skill set. However that’s not the route I would take. For me I would go power back with the focus on maxing my hands early. The Appeal of Running Back to me comes from the ability to be a duel threat type player. The power back that brings the defenders forwards and opens up the passing game. That bruising dominant force that averages five to six Yards Per Carry. Just when you think things can’t get worse you’ll get a first hand demonstration of why my focus would be on hands as my players shows off his ability to rack up the Yards After Catch. I would want to create the type of player you can’t take you eyes off of, a one mistake and he’s gone type player. My first love in the game is to cause havoc in the backfield and give Quarterbacks happy feet but the longer I stay here the more enjoyable Carrying the ball is starting to sound.

18. Written option - which teammate of yours is the ultimate team player and why? How does this person exhibit selflessness and put the team first? Are they a great locker room presence who encourages others? Do they play an important but unappreciated role on the team which doesn't receive much recognition for awards? Graphic Option: Create a graphic of your player with your teammate who exhibits a team-friendly attitude.

This question is easy, While London has a ton of great members I want to take the time to appreciate another Rookie. @BOOM™ also known as Buffalo Hunter is the embodiment of everything you would hope for in a teammate. On and off the field he has consistently put the team first. Choosing to promote his teammates instead of himself in graphics and media articles. Putting those around him at the center of Point Tasks and casting the spotlight onto someone else. Throughout this season for no other reason than the simple fact that he wanted to Boom has consistently promoted my player. I’m happy to be in a position to do the same for him. Whichever Team was lucky enough to draft him is getting an absolute stud. Boom will be a positive addition on the field and in your Locker Room,which is a value you can’t put a price on. Since becoming a member of the London Royals Boom has made his presence known in the Locker Room with jaw dropping signatures and media graphics that will leave you jealous, but not for long though as Boom consistently provides signatures for almost anyone interested. Outside of the graphic work he brings to the table he is a very active and positive member in the Locker Room. Boom has quickly become one of my favorite teammates and his presence in the Locker Room will be missed when we eventually get called up.

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Painted - 05-12-2021

21. Make a scouting report for any of the ISFL or DSFL draftees. Show their stats, abilities, TPE, or highlights. Written or graphic option available.

Lucid Dreams – Defensive End for the London Royals

Quick notes: Dreams is a defensive end prodigy. Coming out as a true senior from Boise State, he made quite a big impact in his rookie season with the Royals. Known for his strength and speed, he is quick off the snap and can really work the offensive tackles. Playing alongside Smart, he did not have nearly as many splash plays. But he kept good pressure on the quarterback. He has shown tremendous growth in practice, constantly trying to grow and even started a side gig as a podcast host. Gaining a cult following from the show, his GMs and coaches praise his work ethic and comradery, as do his teammates.

Key statistics: Dreams started all 14 regular season games at the defensive end position. He racked up a total of 30 tackles over that span, averaging just slightly more than 2 a game. He notched 7 total sacks, and 2 tackles for losses over the season. While he did not produce any turnovers, he shows much upside as he was mostly overshadowed by Smart all season. If given one more season in the DSFL, he will develop into a clutch DE that racks up on sacks.

Draft grade and takeaways: Top 5 draft pick. An incredibly raw pass rusher with just the right tools in quickness and strength. After just one or two seasons of development he will be all-pro.

Words: 239

26. Imagine your current position was not available to be picked when you created your player. What other position would you have picked, and why?

When I was first deciding on my player, I was actually considering going offense over defense. Mainly because I wanted to be kind of selfish and see splash plays. I liked the idea of being a critical member of the offense so I could then see my dot get lots of action. So, if I had to go back and safety could not be my choice, I would have probably either picked running back or wide receiver.

First, I was leaning towards receiver mainly because I wanted to be a fast boi. Skill positions have always been my favorite to watch as a fan. Also, as a Ravens fan, wide out is a notorious position for us, so I almost made a good WR in this fake league out of spite. The Marquise Brown ‘souljas’ quote is actually where my players name originated, which would have fit much better for an actual soulja on offense lol.

As for running back, I actually liked this position better since I knew I would get more touches if I was the lead back. Wide receiver you could never guarantee the ball is going to be throw your way. But if I were the lead back and we were running the ball, then I would have stats for days. But what deterred me from offense as a whole was the saturation. Both WR and RB were stacked at player availability and I was worried I would not get much playing time. That’s why I went with defense, but I did choose the best role on defense in my opinion. A fast skill position that can see tons of stats if the player is built right. So maybe I stayed selfish after all!

Words: 288

19. Theres a prompt about stadium design, but now lets dig deeper. Each stadium serves some concessions for the fans coming in to watch the games. Talk us through their menu. Graphic Option: Design a menu for your team's stadium.

Chicago is home of the Butchers, so it is only fitting that its concessions are all butcher’s meat! Rightfully so, the first item you see on the menu is a half-pound cheeseburger with thick cut bacon and cheddar cheese. For any butcher, ground beef is a basic, and the most American way to cook it is none other than the burger. This juicy half-pounder would be topped with traditional lettuce and tomatoes, as well as the signature Butcher’s Sauce which is a blend of Worchester’s sauce and Kansas City barbeque.

The second signature item would be a 16 oz prime rib. That’s right a full-on steak at a football game. Chicago goes hard, and it is not uncommon for stuff like that at stadiums. For example, the Virginia Tech stadium sells oversized turkey legs as their signature concession. Anyways, this steak would be a behemoth of pure cut steak. It would be smothered in the Butcher’s Sauce on the flat iron then drizzled with a blend of spices, known as the CHI-spices.

Lastly, the third signature item would be a freshly prepared duck breast. Inspired by all the Grey Duck players drafted by Chicago, the duck breast would be made of freshly cut duck meat grilled to perfection on the flat iron. Seasoned with the same steak CHI-spices and parsley, it is a divine treat for the dedicated fans. However, this concession would only be offered to the club level seats, as a incentive to purchase those tickets.

Words: 248

18. Which teammate of yours is the ultimate team player and why? How does this person exhibit selflessness and put the team first? Are they a great locker room presence who encourages others? Do they play an important but unappreciated role on the team which doesn't receive much recognition for awards? Graphic Option: Create a graphic of your player with your teammate who exhibits a team-friendly attitude.

For the Grey Ducks, I think this is an obvious choice as it has to be Gragg9. For those that know him, this should not come as a shock, but the dude cares A LOT about the league as a whole, let alone the Grey Ducks and now OCO. Gragg tied for Most Dedicated Member, and honestly should have won it out right, but Pib is still an excellent user, to say the least.

Gragg is an excellent locker room presence, as he is always active and engaging with the new and old ducks. They are also an incredibly invested sim tester that has really pushed the limits of testing. After getting infuriated with the lack of sim knowledge being spread around the league, he took it upon HIMSELF to be the source of information. Diving deep hours and research into what works best, so everyone can benefit from it. If that isn’t selfless and underappreciated, I don’t know what is.

Gragg is also a great leader in the locker room, reminding users to do their tasks and is also very open to helping any user. It is almost certain he will be a GM eventually. Just a matter of when not if, and who that team is. It has been a great pleasure to form a friendship with him in Minny, he also inspired me to be even more invested in the league which is great!

Words: 237

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - MachineEarnedRuns - 05-13-2021

For my thing in the league that interests me I am choosing to write about my own career and how far I have come so far going into my 3rd season in the league.

I have just completed my second season in the DSFL and I think I will be making the jump to the ISFL next season. I am super excited to join a group of talented player in the big apple next season. I want to take this time to chronicle my journey so far. My passion for football really started back in high school when I attended Willowbrook High School in Villa Park, Illinois. My freshman year I played all over the place. I played Wide Receiver, Tight End, and Outside Linebacker before finally making the switch to defensive end. I picked up the position very quickly. By sophomore year we won the West Suburban Gold Conference Championship. Junior Year I helped the team to win a second conference championship and finally a sectional title to lose finally in the semifinals at state. Senior year we went back and never lost completed an undefeated season that ended in the 7A State Championship in our trophy case.

I was pumped to be playing great football. I committed to play for the best college team in the Midwest, the Ohio State Buckeyes. I had many accolades in college, unfortunately they were not enough to be considered a first round talent at the next level. I felt I slipped a lot in the DSFL draft falling finally to the Bondi Beach Buccaneers with the 8th and final pick of the second round. I was the 4th or 5th Defensive end taken off the board. I took this as a motivational piece. A chip on my shoulder. I wanted to show those teams that they missed out on a star. Over the next year I grinded out my training, I kept an eye on my fellow defensive ends and tracked my performance relative to them. I ended up beating all of them out and out earning them all except for Glenn Smart. Glenn is a bonafide stud and I look forward to squaring up against him for years to come.

It was a tough season for defending champs, the Bondi Beach Buccaneers. We finished the season 5-9 and missed the playoffs. I thought we had a real shot at week 6 we were sitting at 4-2 and right in the hunt. Unfortunately, I didn’t know that we would only go on to win one more game the rest of the season and dropped our last 4 in a row. That was especially hard to swallow. Me personally, I often times felt limited rushing out of the 3-4 I could easily be doubles and this limited my tacking and sack opportunities. I would have a couple of games where I would go off for 9 tackles and 2 sacks in a game followed my multi game droughts from getting to the QB. I finished the season with 8 sacks, 9 tackles for loss, 1 forced fumble and 1 fumble recovery.  This put me in 4th in the league in sacks but way behind the top three sack getters. I was a decent debut season but I am always striving for better.

The following offseason was the most exciting time a young player. It was ISFL draft season. I really enjoyed chatting with a bunch of teams. I genuinely feel that many teams are in a good position to compete in the near feature and there were a lot of good landing spots. As more and more mock drafts were released I felt my draft stock might take a tumble due to my lack of activity in the discord channels like the rookie and general channel. Frankly, I just don’t have the time to be online all day chatting. Maybe that might cause me to drop despite my diligent earning. I felt good about one landing spot in particular and that was the New York Silverbacks. I felt they were in a really nice spot as far as young talent and I like a lot of the locker room members. They had the 6th pick which made me nervous giving rumbles of my stock slipping. On draft day I held my breath and waited for my name to be called. First Defensive End off the board was Xavier Walls, technically he was moving back to LB so I don’t count that. Walls did not earn as much as me but he is a great guy and a great locker room presence so I understand the pick. Next Defensive End off the board was Glenn Smart. I mentioned Glenn earlier. He is unreal. I like to consider us two elite DE in any other class I feel I would be number one but Smart is good. He never misses a point and he works his butt off. Props to him, Arizona traded up (another spot I felt I vibed well with the front office) and got a great player. Finally I heard my name called at pick six. It was awesome that they put that much trust in me and I was super excited to be a part of New York.

The next season in the DSFL, I will admit that I did not pay as much attention. A lot of things going on in real life. I just bought a house. I paid more attention to the ISFL watching my Silverbacks have a great year and make the playoffs only to fall in the first round. I am really pumped to join them and put them over the edge. As for me, BBB had another lackluster season finishing 6-8. I finished the season with 57 tackles, 12 tackle for loss, 3 forced fumbles and 9 sacks. Improvements in every category besides fumble recoveries. That’s something to hang my hat on but not the dominate defensive performance I am looking for. I am hoping to come out of the gates swinging next season and learn a new position. I will be playing DT for NYS at least for a little bit next year. Thank you for listening to my ramble of my career so far. MONGO coming to the show near you, very soon.

1050 words

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Cincyfan96 - 05-13-2021

8. With awards season upon us, make up an award for your player win for something not on the football field?

Season 28 was a "blah" season for Adam Schell statistically. He was solid, averaging almost 6 tackles per game, but for a player who has topped 100 tackles his first two seasons in the ISFL, 92 tackles in the season with his best yet TPE was disappointing. That aside, the exciting part of Schell's season was his fashion explorations. Each game of this season, Schell debuted a new attire in the pregame walkup - from a lei and grass skirt against Honolulu to a slick all white tuxedo for the final home game of the season, Schell did not disappoint each week as fans looked to see what new attire he would debut. Therefore, Schell's award for this season is the MDM "Most Daring Model" Award (sponsored by Old Spice - "live on the wild side with Old Spice") As we recognize Schell's fashion sense this season, let's look to his top three gameday outfits. Number three was during this year's breast cancer awareness week when Schell stepped out of the team van dressed head to toe in hot pink. From a pink sport coat to a pink button up shirt, pink tie, pink slacks, and even pink loafers and socks. Schell went all out to raise awareness for breast cancer, even wearing two pink "eye black" stickers throughout the game with #beaware and a link for donations written on them. Second was the aforementioned lei and grass skirt that Schell came off the team bus in after landing in Hawaii. When asked why he pulled this stunt, Schell's response was simple, "Football is fun - why not enjoy it?" And enjoy it he did. At the top of the list is Schell's week 16 attire. Celebrating Berlin's clinching of their conference, Schell came out in a gold metallic suit with gold shoes and a gold watch. He was heard saying, "We number one, baby!" when going through the tunnel into the visitor's locker room. When asked after the game how much this attire had costed him, Schell shied away from a true answer. Instead he replied, "I'm giving this to a local theatre after we get back home, so really it's an investment in the community. No donation can be too big, right?" Wearing a sly grin, Schell concluded the press conference before any further questions could be asked. Perhaps this outfit has something to do with Schell's rumored difficulty to afford team equipment this year...There's no question Schell had fun this year - maybe next season he can have a bit more fun on the field as well!

14. Describe your player and/or team’s journey through this latest season. What were the highlights? What were the lower points? What might you have done differently? What are your expectations for next season?

What a season for Berlin! After accumulating 3 wins in our first season as an organization, 7 wins in our second, and 6 in our third, Berlin came to play this year with a league leading 12-4 record! I expected this team to perform well, but 12-4 was beyond my expectations for our team. A 9-10 win season would have been satisfying, so to win our conference and 12 games was a heck of a ride. Berlin began the season 6-0, with especially clutch wins against NYS by a single point and the defending champions Sarasota. At this point, the locker room was ready for a 16-0 regular season and to just ride this wave all the way to the Ultimus championship. Of course, that is an exceedingly rare thing to wish for, and we did get our first loss in week 7 at the hands of the Butchers and their 21 fourth quarter points against a defense that was stellar all season long. Everybody has a bad quarter, I suppose! From there we had another big win over the SaberCats before dropping another nail biter, this time to the Copperheads - shoutout to Austin for having a similarly radical turnaround this season! With a tough matchup against the vengeful Sailfish coming up, it seemed likely that we'd see our first losing streak but NO! We came to play and pulled out another close victory over the defending champs to win the season series 2-0. We followed that up with wins over Honolulu, Philly, and Baltimore to stretch our record to 11-3 with all of the momentum in the world. Then came the toughest loss of the season week 15 against the Wraiths where a missed extra point and a long bomb at the end of the game landed us a one point loss. With a challenging game at Chicago looming, a 2 game losing streak heading into the playoffs seemed very possible, but our quarterback rallied the troops and got us the W against the Butchers. We watched to see who we would get after our week one bye and our latest loss came to town. The Wraiths were stifling on defense in our playoff match and we simply could not sustain a drive against the Ultimus champs to be. A terrific regular season ended in a disappointing one and done in the playoffs, and I had to apologize to my team for bringing that Cincinnati playoff magic to town (it's not magical at all...). However, despite the disappointment at the end of this season, there is much optimism in Berlin. We have a killer QB, several players who are either peaking or well prepared to face regression, and a GM pair that is savvy and proven to be capable of big time winning. I expect 10+ wins next season and at least one playoff win as the Fire Sallys continue their quest for greatness in the ISFL. Can't wait to be a big part of that in the coming seasons!

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - firstfray - 05-13-2021

13. Expansion Expansion Expansion! The league seems to love talking about it, but it has still not happened. Tell us why it should happen / should not happen soon?

Expansion has always been a hot topic throughout the league so I thought it would be perfect for me to join in on the conversation about it and give my thoughts on it. So to talk about whether I feel like expansion should or should not happen. While I haven’t been a part of this league for too long (just two seasons), I feel like I have gotten a decent understand of the league. With that in mind, I would say that expansion is probably not necessary. It definitely is a tricky question to answer. The party arguing for expansion talks about league parity and allowing players to move up from the DSFL to the ISFL as soon as possible. Currently, this rarely happens. Most of the draftees will not get called up and end up staying in the DSFL for another season or two. The ISFL rosters are too full that draftees rarely get a chance to start on a ISFL team immediately. Not only is it hard to get to a starting position as a rookie, with only 250-350 tpe, rookies usually perform poorly which is why draftees usually stay down to earn for tpe and wait for a spot to open up. By having expansion, it would make it much easier to call up draftees immediately and have a starting role asap. I believe this is a strong argument but I think that the league should not have an expansion. Having draftees called up immediately to play is great but it’s not like when they are waiting they can’t play. They still are on their DSFL team and play through the season. So not only do they perform better because they are capped in the DSFL and usually play better, they don’t have to go through a rookie season in the ISFL at 250-350 tpe and play poorly. Another reason why I believe we should not have expansion is the league would get stretched out too thin. The ISFL teams would have more holes to fill each year due to less players available. I don’t think this would be too big of an issue though as the rosters should still be good enough and if all the teams have holes then it would challenge the GMs to make sacrifices and prioritize certain positions on the roster. However I believe this would put a strain on the DSFL. If the ISFL expanded, then more players would be called up each season meaning more of the DSFL teams would be made up of draftees. This would make the DSFL rosters quite small and take away veterans to help acclimate and make an enjoyable experience for the new rookies. The DSFL is such an important point for new creates to get integrated into the league that although it is just a developmental league, it is important to make sure it is functional so that we have a higher retention rate.

What a disappointing season for the Kansas City Coyotes. After making the Ultimini and ultimately falling to the Dallas Birddogs, there was a lot of hope for the future of the Coyotes. However, after the departure of the RB tandem in Goode and Creed and star WR Luke Quick, the offense had to rebuild in the offseason. With the new look offense this season featuring RB tandem Cuddles and LOrdreSombre, rookie WR Crash, and rookie QB Gimmy. With such a young core, we knew the opening of the season may start out with a few kinks to iron out. The defensive side didn’t have as many additions besides pass rusher Fitted and safety Phelan. The KCC defense has always had holes but they pushes through that last season so there was optimism coming into this new season. Not all went to plan though. Weeks 1-5 could be described as the dark ages of the season where the teams was still lost in finding its identity. The team fell to a record of 1-4 which included blowout losses and victories. Morale was down a bit but Coyotes never give up. We see this in Weeks 6-9. The team gets hot and goes on a 4 game win streak to bring us to a 5-4 record. Above 0.500, there were hopes of the team making the playoffs. This season was starting to look awfully similar to last season when the team started out at an abysmal 2-7 record but then stormed their way into the playoffs and making the Ultimini. However, all is not happy as Weeks 10-13 crushed our dreams. A tough loss to the powerhouse Royals brought the team to 0.500 but then a solid victory against the Buccaneers brought life back to the team with hope. However after two abysmal performances against the Luchadores and Grey Ducks, the Coyotes were out of the playoffs. It would have been tough sneaking into the playoffs regardless as both the Royals and Pythons ended with 11-3 records but after struggling earlier in the season and then getting hot mid-season, we all had hoped for a playoff spot. What might we have done differently I personally feel like we needed to improve our defense more during the draft. The team let up over 25 points per game, the worst in the conference and 6th in the league. The rushing defense particularly struggled and this is where I feel like another LB would have helped the defense a lot. Regardless we can look towards next season now. My expectations for the team are to make the playoffs. I don’t want to be too bold and go out and say that we will win the Ultimini but I do believe that there is a good chance of KCC making the playoffs. The defense will need some major improvement this offseason so expect a defensive heavy draft and a new look KCC defense to lead the team to the playoffs!

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Tylus - 05-13-2021

10. Tychondrius Hood began his football career playing for the Florida Gators, where he raised eyebrows making big plays with a weak quarterback, and carrying games that should have been losses on his shoulders with massive performances. After catching the eyes of many DSFL and ISFL scouts, he would be drafted by the Minnesota Grey Ducks. With the Grey Ducks, Hood would help lead the team to an eight and six record, where the Minnesota team would sit atop their division, as well as a playoff berth. Sadly the Grey Ducks would be knocked out of the playoffs in the first round by a fierce London Royals team. Hood would end the year receiving wide receiver of the year as well as offensive rookie of the year award for his 835 yards, second in the DSFL, and 7 touchdowns, tied for first in the league, as well as a Grey Ducks receiving touchdown record! After mounting such an impressive rookie campaign, many scouts took notice of the young wideout, and with the ISFL draft quickly approaching he began to hear from many teams' scouting personnel. Almost every team reached out to Hood, and he had no idea when or where he would end up being drafted. As the draft began Hood was extremely nervous, unsure of his future at the time. The first round of the draft began, and with the sixth overall pick Hood would hear his name called by the San Jose Sabercats. Being a first round pick was always a dream of Hoods, and that night would be among his best memories of being a football player so far. Hood would begin his first season struggling, not catching a single touchdown with the Sabercats, the team finished with only five wins. The next two seasons would be magical, managing to make the playoffs in both years, Hood would turn in great performances to help bring the team to the Ultimus in both seasons. Hood would also have great performances in the Ultimus games as well, being the receiving leader in the season 24 Ultimus, and catching the sole receiving touchdown in the season 25 Ultimus. San Jose would win both Ultimus games, in back to back seasons, an accomplishment Hood will always cherish, and hopes to repeat again some day. The next couple years would be up and down for Hood, although in season 27 Hood would end the season with the 6th most receiving yards, 1502 yards, and tied for the 4th most touchdowns, bringing in 11 of them. Hood is now beginning his first season as a member of the Berlin Fire Salamanders, and the sim gods only know what the future has in store for him!

14. Last year was my final season with the San Jose Sabercats, and it wasn’t quite the year we were hoping for. We came into the seasons with very high expectations. Many of our players were entering their peaks, with players like Monty Jack and Jamar Lackson reaching the height of their potential. Our defense was also looking to be a stout unit, with players like Philip Stein, Lawrence Bass, and Otis Allen being some of the top players at their respective positions. WIth all that in mind we had high hopes for a playoff, or potentially an Ultimus appearance. Sadly the season didn’t seem to go how we had hoped. With a mix of bad luck, great play by other teams, and lackluster performances the Sabercats season seemed to dive headfirst into a pool with no water in it. The season began on a high note, with an eleven point victory over the New Orleans Second Line, who were another team who seemed to struggle on a similar level as we did. After the week one win, we went into week two feeling great and with a hopeful outlook on the rest of the season. We would slump our way into four straight losses against New York, Honolulu, Yellowknife, and Arizona. I, myself, didn’t have a great start to the season, only going over 100 yards one out of the first five games, and only going above 70 yards in two of the first 5 games. Not to mention only hauling in a single touchdown in all of those games. We would win the sixth game of the season in a close bout against the Orange County Otters, with very little help from myself, with only 39 yards in the game. We would go on to lose four of the next five games in painful fashion, basically putting a lid on our playoff hopes for this season. I would only score a single touchdown in those 5 games. In our last five games we were only playing for pride at that point, and we would win two of the five. I put a lot of the blame for our poor season on my shoulders. I completely regressed from a 1500 yard and eleven touchdown season to barely 1200 yards and only five total touchdowns on the year. I feel like if I had played how I feel that I’m capable of playing, the season would have gone a lot better for the team. I wish San Jose nothing but the best in the coming seasons and hope to have better performances for my new team.

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Dagumpa - 05-13-2021

Task 1
I want to go way back. Back to the start of the 28th season of International Simulation Football League play. Fourteen teams entered the battlefield of battle. Every team had the same goal. About 10 of them had a chance. About 4 of them had a legitimate chance. This season was defined by shock, awe, surprises, and intrigue. And also, my busted-ass season prediction bracket in which I banked heavily on the Sabercats and Butchers, both of whom were doo doo this season. So, let us talk about the teams who did vie for the top prize in the 28th season of International Simulation Football League play. The Arizona Outlaws were the favorites, for many, heading into the 28th season of International Simulation Football League play. After showing some early season rust, dropping their first 2 contests, the Outlaws went on a massive nine-game winning streak. They were knocking fools left and down with their high-scoring offense and crushing defense. Their efforts made them both the best offensive and defensive team in the ASFC. Right under them were the Silverbacks of New York, New York. They finished with a record of 10-6, 10-6. But what really, really made them stand out over every other team was their excellent home record, record of 7-1. Man, it must take a real juggernaut to beat those guys at home. I wonder if that will become important later on. Anyway, the third team were the sexy Austin Copperheads. Many lowballed their predictions for the sneks over the offseason. And to my delight, they were all wrong. Although they nearly squandered an excellent 8-2 start by losing 5 of their remaining 6 games, they were able to narrowly make the playoffs against the streaking Hahalua due to a head-to-head tiebreaker. Gotta love another technicality.

On the other side of the league, the Berlin Fire Salamanders were finally having the season they were destined to have for what feels like forever. It was the perfect storm for Berlin as they finished with an excellent record of 12-4. Directly under them was the worst team in the whole freaking ISFL and the official ruiners of the 28th season of International Simulation Football League play: the Yellowknife Wraiths. If you thought you heard someone vomiting there, it was me. I always vomit when I hear that team’s name. Yuck. Anyway, the Pissflaps finished 11-5 and were elevated by winning their last 3 games, all of which were against teams over .500 with two of them also being in the playoffs. Rounding out the caboose were the Sarasota Sailfish. The reigning-champs wanted nothing more than to extend their reign as champs. They experienced the opposite of what the Smellboys faced late in the season by dropping their final three regular season outings. Despite that, they were able to comfortably make the playoffs and sought to bring back the Bexardi Trophy to the wettest city in Florida. That’s not a sex joke. That city is always wet. It could be 100 degrees with no rain for a month and there would still be puddles. Anyway, let’s see how the playoffs went, eh?

In the NSFC wildcard matchup, the Sarasota Sailfish squared off against the Yellowknife Wraiths. While many considered Sarasota to be the upset, the Ghasts were able to take the contest by two scores and moved on to the next round with a 23-14 win. The much more interesting, and less stinky, matchup was taking place in the other conference. The Copperheads were taking on the NY Silverbacks in New York, New York. Silverbacks had only lost once on their home turf the whole season. It was going to take a lot for a win to suffice for the sneks. Fortunately, a win...sufficed….wish I had a better way of wrapping that around. Austin narrowly took the contest 21-18 after some great offense and defense late. The Buttjerks beat Berlin in the next round but that doesn’t matter. Let’s talk about Austin vs. Arizona. Another matchup where Austin had their backs against the wall. Arizona was considered to be the title-favorite by many at the start of the season. But the Copperheads don’t play cards with Outlaws. They play Jenga. And down went the Outlaws 16-13 to bring Austin to Ultimus….and I’m not going to relive what happened there. Yeah, the Rectum Rashes won. It was a tight game but I’m not even gonna give them the time of day. They’re so smelly, they think their locker room is a perfume store. It was a fun season for the Copperheads. After everyone thought we’d suck, we proved a lot of people wrong. While we were so damn close to blowing it in the end, we were able to stride through and made it pretty far. Definitely a season to remember and, by far, the best I’ve ever had in the ISFL. Hats off to the 28th season of International Simulation Football League play.
Code:
830 Words

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - MrStennett - 05-13-2021

10. Charlemagne Concord Cortez grew up in the extremely affluent community of Atherton, California. The son of two incredibly successful lawyers, it seemed as though the world was rolled out on a red carpet for young Charlemagne. Although he was very intelligent and gifted when it came to academics, his first love was definitely athletics. He was his high school baseball team's ace pitcher, and the starting quarterback on the state champion football team. His parents wanted nothing more for him than to qualify for enrollment into an Ivy League university and come out the other side as a successful business professional. Charlemagne had other ideas about his future, however. He was so impressive on the diamond and on the gridiron that he received several scholarship offers, including a few to be a two-sport athlete. Although confident in his abilities to do just that, Charlemagne chose to hone in on his football career, and initially wanted to accept an offer to play for USC, the University of Southern California. On the flip side of this coin, always wanting to be a dutiful son, he knew that his parents had strongly wanted him to attend a school prestigious for more than just their sports programs. It was at that point that he knew what he would do. He would enroll at Cornell University to major in pre-law and fulfill his parents' wishes, but also try out for the Big Red football team. It would be the biggest challenge of his young life, but he had the upmost confidence in his abilities to persevere and succeed.

His time in college was both enjoyable and eye-opening. He was a star on the Cornell football team, breaking records and leading one of the most potent offenses in the Ivy League. When he wasn't putting in work on the field or in the weight room, he was in his apartment or in the library studying. Attempting to earn a law degree is already a stressful undertaking, but piling on trying to become a professional athlete just makes the climb steeper. His ultimate dream was to complete his degree while eventually entering the NFL draft, but that wouldn't be in the cards for Charlemagne. NFL scouts were concerned about not just his age, but also his commitment to the sport. Why had he attended a school in a smaller division when he was offered the chance to star at a major program? Why had he stayed in school through his senior year when he could have easily been drafted sooner? With all the questions surrounding him, Charlemagne decided to enter the DSFL draft, and the rest, as they say, is now history.
Code:
445 words

26. I have to imagine that I would have created as a linebacker again. I say again because my first player, Thorian Skarsgard, was originally created to be a do-everything middle linebacker, but I was convinced by my GM at the time to switch defensive tackle. While I wasn't so sure about the position switch to begin with, it obviously turned out to be the right call. Now Skarsgard is a Hall of Famer, and one of only five players in league history to accrue 100 sacks, but I often imagine what would have happened had I remained at my original position. I truly enjoy being a quarterback, stressful as it can sometimes be, but I know that the window for players at my position in this league is small. Before I know it, I'm aware that I will have to start planning my recreate, and I really do think I would enjoy going back to the defensive side of the ball. I've tossed around quite a few ideas as far that goes, based both on my own wishes and also how I know the league operates. If I created as a defensive back, I would probably be highly sought after and drafted very early, but I know quite a few people who are corners or safeties and don't really enjoy it. When it comes right down to it, I think linebacker would have been my alternate choice before, and will probably be my choice in the future again.
Code:
248 words

29. PBE PT Affiliation