International Simulation Football League
(S28) Ultimus Week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) Ultimus Week (/showthread.php?tid=31809)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - SwankyPants31 - 05-13-2021

Richard Gilbert came into the league during season 21 and entered the draft. Due to a slight drop in activity in the days leading up to the draft, Gilbert slipped all the way to the 97th pick to the Tijuana Luchadores, in a time when many of the picks were IA or semi-active users. Despite his late draft position, Gilbert earned well and went on to become one of the better running backs in the league. His first season he was borderline top ten, despite playing as a backup role. In his second season, Gilbert was granted the starting spot. He proceeded to go on a tear through the league, ending up as one of the top running backs, though ultimately would not win an award despite being nominated for both the positional award and a performance award. Gilbert was part of a team that would dominate the league, and went on to win the Ultimini for Tijuana. The game was all in all a nailbiter that ended very close, however the difference maker being Richard Gilbert’s rushing touchdown, which would end up being the only touchdown scored by either team for the whole game. This game would be a fitting send off for Richard Gilbert as afterwards he was called up to begin playing for the Colorado Yeti.

While Gilbert had jumped in draft position for the NSFL (now ISFL), the jump was not as significant as he expected. He was taken 77 OA by the Colorado Yeti, despite being very nearly capped at the time of the draft. Nevertheless, Gilbert stuck with Colorado for his entire career to date, kept his head up, and continued earning. Despite spending his first couple seasons bouncing around wherever the team needed him, including fullback, tight end, and his designated position as running back, Gilbert never formally swapped positions. Ever a team player, when finally seemingly in a position to take over starting duties for the Yeti he was approached by the general managers regarding the potential acquisition of another higher TPE running back. While this would mean Gilbert would continue as a backup for another couple of seasons, he was happy if it meant the team would improve. After that couple seasons, Gilbert finally was granted the starting spot for running back. Since that time, he’s consistently been one of the top runners in the league, though never the best. His greatest accomplishments actually came in the pass block aspect of his game, in which he almost single handedly caused fantasy football to stop granting points for pancakes for non offensive linemen.

So expansion has definitely been a hot topic recently. I’ve been very much against it (for now) and from what I’ve been seeing it seems like discussion has cooled down a bit and people are starting to finally come to terms with the fact that expansion right now is probably not going to happen, nor should it. First off, the league just isn’t ready for expansion in terms of player growth. Between the S21 and S25 seasons the league experienced a huge boom of users, with probably at least 3 of those seasons being some of the biggest classes ever. That resulted in pretty rapid expansion of the league, growing from 10 teams to 14 in that same timespan. Coincidentally (not), this boom in league users happened right around the time the lockdowns were starting, and ever since the S25 class, the draft classes have been relatively small. For reference, we generally now struggle to have 4 full rounds in a 14 team ISFL draft. People know this and still push for expansions, usually parroting a couple different points to argue it. I’m going to tackle a couple of the most common arguments for expansion I see.

The first is in regards to the cap and team sizes. Right now teams are filled to the brim with quality, active users. As a result, it has been great amounts of pressure on teams to both find space to bring up the users they drafted while simultaneously making sure they don’t go over the cap limits. While a couple people have argued to expand the cap, in my opinion expanding the league and expanding the cap are solutions to the same problem, and neither is appropriate at the moment. As I mentioned before, the league is currently saturated with people from the S21-25 classes. These players will start to retire soon, which will leave huge holes in a bunch of the teams since they make up a bulk of the league at the moment. On top of that, I can guarantee we won’t see a 100% retention rate meaning the league is going to shrink. Expanding now while counting on these aging players would be a huge mistake for this reason, likely leading to eventual contraction when combined with the smaller draft classes that can’t support 16 teams.

The other argument I’ve seen involves DSFL contraction. My main issue with this one is that many people seem to have it backwards. They seem to think that by contracting the DSFL, there will be more users available for the ISFL. In reality the reverse is true. If the ISFL expands, the DSFL would be forced to contract as a result. Contracting the DSFL on it’s own doesn’t lead to a larger player pool, it just concentrates them more closely.

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - The_Kidd - 05-13-2021

Cat 1 Task 1

Season twenty-nine in the international Simulation Football League saw several teams finally break on the good end of the sim luck. Austin, Berlin, and Yellowknife were probably three of the most shafted teams in the league last season. Austin had to have had the most one possession losses, Berlin definitely lost the most games as the favorite, and Yellowknife not only got dealt a brutal schedule, but were upset in the final week of the season and missed the playoffs by a half game(yes, a team tied and that actually gave them an advantage down the line).

Other teams saw their luck vanish. Honolulu had the 1st seed last season and hoped to fight off regression to make another Ultimus run. Unfortunately, the tropical sting rays suffered a bad midseason stretch where they lost seven out of eight games, including a sweep to Austin, which eventually kept them out of the playoffs. New Orleans, after a miraculous run to the Ultimus, got hit hard by regression and retirements. New Orleans just did not have enough firepower for Sloethisberger and Barker to realistically compete with more talented(and balanced) rosters. San Jose continued to enter deeper into their post-championship swoon as they tied New Orleans for worst record in the ASFC. San Jose lost key players as cap casualties and retirement and felt the losses dearly all season. Orange County had another sub-par season as they continue to look for answers to complete their roster before their aging cornerstones are finally eroded too far.

In the NSFC, Baltimore had another tough rebuilding year, but they managed to win 2 games this season ---- two more than they did the season prior. Baltimore has accumulated a ton of draft capital, however, losing your top picks after one or two seasons can be just as crippling as drafting a bust. Baltimore is still years away from contending, but they should have enough talent next year to be a pest to any team that sleepwalks against them. Philadelphia again finished with a losing record, but they have replaced some of their aging players rather quickly. The Liberty are one of the youngest rosters in the league, so expect a breakout season within the next few seasons. Chicago’s contending window appeared to close nearly all the way this season. After a phenomenal 12-win season, the Butchers lost crucial long-standing talent in free agency and retirement, sinking them to a 6 win season. The Butchers have several aging key cogs that might expedite their rebuild if they do not fill in the holes on their roster quick enough. The Yeti seem to enjoy being the Green Bay Packers of the ISFL: they land a legendary QB, waste nearly all his prime, get one ring with him, never fully rebuild, land another stud QB right after, remain painfully average, fail to field consistently average defensive units. Colorado will always be in the mix because of Caliban, Gilbert, and Lim, but they lack so much talent to get out of the 7-10 win rut they are currently in.

For the playoff teams, Arizona again won 11+ games with a high-powered offense. What was once a weakness became a strength for them as free agent Tatsu Nakumura powered the Arizona rushing attack en route to winning MVP. Arizona also hit big on their star defensive signing as Rich Triplet had one of the best cornerback seasons in recent history, setting a league record with 46!!! pass deflections. Arizona still is cursed in the playoffs as they suffered another one and done playoff trip, losing at home in the conference championship to Austin. New York powered their way to the playoffs on the back of their talented defense, spearheaded by Jack Banks and the famed “New York Sack Exchange”. They secured home field advantage in the wild card but their inexperienced offense doomed them against Austin.

Sarasota, the reigning champs, continued their high-powered boom or bust ways back into the playoffs. Rapthalia Chan had a monstrous season, but Harrison Andrews was the headliner, garnering enough clout to enter the MVP race. Sarasota has a majority of their core in their prime, so losing in the wildcard should not hurt much when they can clearly bounce back next season. Berlin finally converted their sim luck to the good. Crafting a high-powered defense that stifled many opponents and covered for their turnover-prone ways. Berlin just needs to focus on their sim luck in the playoffs now, as they lost to Yellowknife in the conference championship despite dominating on the stat sheet.

Austin, coming off a rough 3-13 season with over 6 one possession losses, bounced back in a big way. Austin shot off to a hot 7-2 start, before faltering to a 9-7 finish. The snakes were led by phenomenal seasons from None Videl-San and Dex Kennedy, the latter winning LBoTY and garnering MVP recognition. The Copperheads also did not like playing at home as they finished with a 5-3 road record, and upended New York and Arizona on the road. Austin beat Arizona twice on the road and Lesean Paris Crooks intercepted Charlemagne Cortez in all three matchups. Yellowknife fundamentally handled Sarasota and Berlin before engaging in a week 16 rematch with Austin that saw Yellowknife squeak out a win after a final minute score and stop. The Ultimus played a reverse script where Yellowknife jumped out to a sizeable lead and forced crucial stops and turnovers to hold Austin off for the 19-24 victory.

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Tayjay - 05-13-2021

Code:
Task 29. Affliate PT from either SHL/PBE/GOMHL. The Weeks must match with the timeframe of this UW
 PBE Affiliate 

Code:
26. Imagine your current position was not available to be picked when you created your player. What other position would you have picked, and why?

Well I created as a linebacker and then swapped over to defensive end, but lets pretend that I wanted to go offense this time. At first I thought I would want to go tight end so I can do some of the dirty work but also catch passes. However, the more I get into my career I think I would want to create as a quarterback. I know it is a huge responsibility but I think it would be fun to be the main person on the team and command the offense. I also like being able to be picked in fantasy. One of my favorite things about sim leagues is being a fantasy pick, and a top one at that. I think it would be cool to be a quarterback and be the best player on fantasy team as well. I think the other position would be a running back for just about the same reason. The fantasy implications and then the ability to score via the run or the pass would be awesome. So I guess in conclusion after playing as a very team oriented position I think I would want to switch over to the offensive side of the ball to maybe get some league wide recognition. That would be exciting. - 214 words

Code:
14. Describe your player and/or team’s journey through this latest season. What were the highlights? What were the lower points? What might you have done differently? What are your expectations for next season?
This season started out slowly for the Yellowknife Wraiths. We were two years removed from our Ultimus victory and last year we had barely missed out on the playoffs. We missed it by half a game. My goal this season was to make a bigger impact on defense. It was a slow start as we only won one of our first three games, but we were basically on fire the rest of the season. While I did not beat my previous sack record that I set in my rookie year I did tie it and increase all of my other stats. I had a couple more fumbles created and tackles for loss on top of almost doubling my tackles. I'm hoping next year has better things since I should be getting my pass rushing trait. If I could go back I would probably rush the trait and then work on my other things like strength and speed so I could get more sacks. In our first three games we lost to both the number one seed and the other playoff team in our conference. In fact if you look at our season we really only lost to those two teams. Over the next thirteen weeks our offense basically showed up and put up big points every game. Our defense was still very good but it was definitely our offense that carried us. With random losses to New Orleans and Philadelphia and then a late season loss to Sarasota that was it for losses. We even ended up beating Berlin in week fourteen by one point which helped us move up into the second seed. Winning out in the final two weeks secured a playoff spot over Sarasota so we would face them in the Wild Card with home field advantage. Other than starting out 1-2 we never really had low spots unless you count losing to those two teams mentioned above that both finished below .500. In the playoff we beat Sarasota by nine after losing to them twice in the regular season by more than twenty points both times. We splits with Berlin in the regular season and beat them in the conference championship game to get to the Ultimus. In the Ultimus we faced Austin, a team that we matched up very well with. Our offense was easily the second best in the league and our defense was still a very good unit. We only won by five points and the defense was the one that secured the victory by getting a sack on the last play of the game. That was our second Ultimus in the last three years and my very first championship I've ever won in a sim league. I hope it is just the beginning. - 461 words

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - musha6570 - 05-13-2021

17. he team just broke ground on a brand new stadium. It is state of the art and has absolutely everything you could want in a stadium. It has brand new real grass in a domed stadium...how do they do that? It also has new heated and cooling features in the benches. The locker rooms are now state of the art coming equipped with new weights rooms, massage rooms, a full medical center as well as film  and study rooms. The offices all come equipped with full computer upgrades to the latest and greatest technology available. The stands have new soft and comfortable seating with heating and cooling options. The snack stands are wide and have various different types of foods for patrons to eat. Ranging from pizza to burgers to beer. The private suites have personal chefs and servers to attend to any guest needs. They also come with field passes and locker room meet and greets. The stadium is undoubtedly state of the art. This stadium is expected to open next season with a huge ceremony being attended by the mayor, governor and possibly even the president. All the players will be there as well as team personnel and a select few fans. We can’t wait to experience it ourselves.

29. PBE Affiliate [url=.php?showtopic=19289&view=findpost&p=311041][/url]

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Sermokala - 05-13-2021

Task 4 

There have been teams that have been "simed" and then there has been the chicago butchers this last season. It would be one thing if the team was just bad beacuse of some bizzare combination of team make up factors or that the team was just bad some games and didn't play well on the season. But the Chicago butchers were really good some games. Lets list a couple of the teams that the Chicago butchers beat or were really near beating, Sarisota Marlins (you know that their logo isn't a sailfish and frost has been lieing to everyone up in here about that) The Berlin Fire salamanders (Props to dewalt for geting out of the bad sim luck to be a great team that loses randomly in the playoffs, I know that hurt from last season) The Yellowknife wraiths. Did I list any sorry bottom barrel teams? No I listed the playoff teams for the conference. Lets list the teams that chicago lost to for some ungodly reason that defys logic and god. The Liberty, The yet the cats and has anyone mentioned the worst team that the league has seen for almost the entire leagues history in the baltimore hawks? The hawks blew up their foundations foundations in order to attempt to get 5 first rounders from what I've heard even today. And yet the sim doesn't even give them a wacko fluke luck win they make them a dominate team against a teams with a bigger difference between it and the other team as it from a dsfl team. they didn't just win a close game against this massive TPE disparity they won decisively 24-10. That shouldn't be happening in a normal season but that was just the murder hornets on the 2020 style season that the Chicago butchers had. We had a kickoff return touchdown to flip the game not once but twice. You can't even claim that the whole thing was rigged by a sim team that hated chicago for some reason because the things that were happening were that insane. There is no way you do so many sims that you pull out the two last-second punt return game winners and still somehow expect people to not call you on it. You don't keep going on that and have some of the most insanely terrible playcalling you can imagine We had criminally negligent playcalling that people can take an hour ranting on without even addressing HB dive on 4th down while you are in the other teams field goal range that they are somehow able to get off with no timeouts and 2 seconds in order to win the game. thats physically not possible and shouldn't be mentally possible to happen. Even just going to a victory formation will win you the game with 2 seconds left by having the QB just hold onto the ball for two seconds turning around in a crouch keeping the ball under his body. How the game has the possiblility of this sequence of events while still pumping this out as not a freak accident goes way beyond just normal wild sim juju. Can we talk about for a few minutes about that one time the playcalling was trying its best to give the other team a chance to win? How do you call a timeout on yourself when you are in field goal range to win? How do you then spike the ball when you are in field goal range to win? How do you do al these things will full knowledge I assume of the ability to count to 0 and with the understanding that the game only ends when there is no time left to play in the game. Yet none of these senses of logic were on display as the team proceeded to kick said field goal with almost a minute or something remaining in the game allowing the other team to drive down the field and hit a 62 yard field goal to win. These sequenes of events don't make any sense and shouldn't be combined into a sentence and yet it breaths and exists in our world. It really sucks when these things constantly happen and the whole season is just a giant mess of negative emotions and the sim giveing you that taste of hope that Minnesota sports teams fans know very well. When the GM's of the team is activly telling its team to go away from the league and focus on other things beacuse staying and putting any value in the leagues events will damage the mental health of the team you know things are bad. Now a bunch of players who were on the team went on free agency and went to other teams. Wouldn't you if the sim was very cleary saying that it specificaly hated you and wanted you to have a bad time for no possible reason beacuse its a video game? That was the Chicago butchers season last season.

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Pib - 05-13-2021

6. Write 800 words or more on something about anything in the league that interests you. It could be related to statistics, a league issue that you take seriously, or a niche part of history that doesn’t fit neatly into either of the above categories. This must be directly related to the league, so don’t wax 800 words about your team’s participation on a Werewolf server or something.

London’s draft class last year struck me as one that had immense potential and looked set to continue the franchise's tradition of creating great users that go on to enjoy success at the ISFL level. Given that the class was by no means a large one, I think the Royal’s strike rate was genuinely exceptional and that has been evident in the ISFL draft this evening. Yes, I did have to hold this back to make sure there were no leaks.

LucidDreams:

If I had to pick one player from the last season that has really stood out to me, it would have to be Lucid Dreams. While I didn’t have the privilege of scouting Lucid for London, I did reach out to him shortly after the team had made contact to make sure everything was okay and that he knew where to go, what to do etc etc. Just from the questions he was asking alone, it became evident to me that this guy was gonna be a standout member of his class. He’s integrated incredibly well into the league, created a great podcast series that I have not only listened to every week but was also lucky enough to have been invited on. Lucid’s performances on the other end of the line have been sensational and we said at the start of the season that if we could reach 18 combined sacks between us then we’d done okay for London. We hit that goal. I’m really excited to see what this guy achieves at the next level and I’m almost certain we’ll see him as a GM at some point in the relatively near future. I really can’t speak highly enough about this guy. If he maintains his current trajectory, the sky is really the limit.

Boom:

For me, Boom was one of the steals of the DSFL draft. To pickup a user of this calibre at pick #35 represents great value. It became clear to us all fairly early on that money was never going to be an issue for this user, as his graphics have consistently been some of the best in the league and have led to their bank balance swelling at quite the pace. He’s also a very friendly person to have around the locker room and remains positive, even at the most negative of times. We really struck gold here. It’s also a massive bonus that his player has come up clutch for us on a few occasions throughout the season, with some incredibly important catches and TD’s. Again, this guy has a crazy high ceiling and could easily be picking up awards at the next level season after season and could very well retire holding many positional records, should he choose to remain on the end of the line.

EricNCSU:

Sam Squanch himself. For almost the entire season, this guy was our sole human linebacker and he held down the fort superbly. Racking up 97 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 tackles for loss and a forced fumble in a rookie season represents a solid showing. Additionally, Eric has handled himself well within the London locker room, always being polite and friendly with his teammates and enthusiastic about the team's progress. It’ll be no surprise at all to see this player pop up on awards ballots and pro bowl lists for seasons to come.

Kingtag1999:

Mr Will Smyth himself. Will is a great user who has shown a keen interest in the league from day one. Never scared to ask for guidance to ensure that his build is optimal and what will do the best for the team, he has been sure to maintain solid earning throughout the season to do just that. Even when the stats weren’t necessarily falling in his favour, he remained focused and doubled down to get the results he was looking for. I can only hope that the Ultimini win that he helped us achieve has given him a sense of fulfillment, as our D-Line simply wouldn’t have been the same without his presence. Filling the shoes of Blorgl was never going to be easy but this man is well on his way to carving out a bit of a London legacy of his own.

Moodles:

The pedigree of Moodles alone was enough to justify their drafting but to them live upto the expectations and even surpass them is even better. Keane Lover was a rock for us on the OL, setting pancake records for both the franchise and the league in their rookie season. I think the most sensational part of the season as a whole for me was seeing an offensive lineman win the offensive rookie of the year award. While Moodles isn’t necessarily the most active user in our locker room, they have been steadily earning silently in the background and getting the job done on the field. An exceptional pickup for London and a much adored member of the team.

All in all, this London class was absolutely exceptional and despite being rookies, they have all delivered in terms of earning, performing on the field and bringing home the Ultimini. I really couldn’t be prouder of them.

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Oles - 05-13-2021

Tier 1: 
2. Tell us about your draft class. Is there anything that makes it special in comparison to other classes? Where did your fellow draftees land, how are they doing? Did anyone turn out to be an unexpected steal of that draft based on what you know today? Do you think anyone in your draft class will become a hall of famer? If you’re new to the league, how do you think your class will do? Where do you think people will get drafted to?

What makes my draft class so special huh? What makes this class so unique and different from everyone else. It’s simple really, we literally just got drafted, the draft just ended, and we don’t even have contracts, but I can already tell you there will be several most valuable player caliber players in this draft and this draft could run the league for a while. Whether it’s young newcomers who have been in the league for a month, or grizzled veterans who have been here since season 2, there is plenty of potential and plenty of players who are going to be able to really light the league on fire.

You have plenty of young studs, the first round was full of guys who either have a proven track record or are just can’t miss prospects. No matter the position you have difference makers at every, even if this is not the deepest draft the league has ever seen. Whether it’s quarterback, tight end, or defensive end, there is a group of prospects at every position that can just take that leap and really be great in the league. There was value in every round of the draft, especially with the amount of general manager picks there were this season. There was a good amount of general manager picks leading to some real good value in the third round and some good players to slide that wouldn’t have otherwise because of the forced general manager pick.

The first round of course is where most of the premier can’t miss prospects went, and there are plenty of recreates and new guys who seem like they’re really good and have a chance to be max earners and faces of the league and their teams. Whether it’s proven recreates in Dante King. Quinton Crash, Panda McKyle, Jay Cue JR, and Marcus Jones, or the new creates in Lip Gallaghar, Lucid Dreams, Chevvy Bronko, Suggs Upshar, Sam Squanch, David Frank, Will Smyth, Tre’Mendus Johnson, and Grnko Muerto. All of the first round picks have shown an incredible amount of promise and the new guys in the first have been incredible for their teams so far. If I had to guess as to what player in the first round will have the best career though I’d be putting stock in Jay Cue JR to be the best. The user, @Opera_Phantom is an incredible dude who has been a great presence in the league ever since he joined. His first player, Jay Cue, was a mainstay and the face of the Outlaws since he joined the team, taking over at QB. I feel like his son, Jay Cue JR, will do just the same for the Yellowknife Wraiths, if I was a GM and I had the first pick in the draft I would have had Cue JR at the top of my board for sure. As for the new guys, I think Lip Gallaghar is a future CB of the year and should be one of the best CBs in the league when he has the chance for the Baltimore Hawks. I’ve seen and heard nothing but great things about the user since he has been in the league, @fever95, and I actually mocked him as the first overall pick in my mock. The Hawks got him at third overall, which is excellent value for him and I feel like they got one of the best players in the draft in Gallaghar.

Now, what draft would be complete without premier QB talent to anchor the teams that need them. There were three QBs in the draft, all of them having been impactful veteran users who have an incredible track record in the league. The first one drafted was Panda McKyle, who was taken by the San Jose SaberCats. With Monty Jack close to regression, San Jose was a team that needed to start looking into their QB of the future, and Panda McKyle should be exactly that for the SaberCats. Panda McKyle was the one QB who really didn’t have a destination set for the player and had a clean slate in where they could go and should go to a great situation where they aren’t rushed into being a starter. They’ll have a lot of development time in the DSFL, plenty of time to learn and do well in the DSFL without pressure of having to take over the SaberCats. Next is Kazimir Oles JR, son of ISFL Hall of Famer Kazimir Oles. His destination was pretty set in stone compared to McKyle, it seemed like Chicago was where he would end up, especially since he preferred Chicago as his destination and wanted to go to the team where his father played for in their inaugural season, and where his cousin Tyler Oles JR played most of his career at and won a CB of the year with. The Butchers have George O’Donnell, so there will be no rush for the newest Oles to take over the team, and they were in a very similar boat as the SaberCats. Finally, Gimmy Jarappolo JR went to the Hawks, and as he was a general manager’s player he was forced there in the second round. The Hawks have a player who is on his way out in Luke Skywalker, who will be a good bridge quarterback for their rebuild but isn’t a difference maker like you need at the position, Jarappolo JR should change that however and should be a huge part of the resurgence of the Hawks. All three teams got great quarterback prospects, and are giving them plenty of time to learn and grow before having to enter the big leagues.
(947 words)

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - LSUFAN101 - 05-13-2021

Your team has announced that they will be laying ground on a new stadium next season. What additions would you like to see included in it

The Arizona Outlaws are making a new stadium? Well I hope they have the funds for it because I have a lot of ideas. The First one being the type of stadium, now it could be a dome, an arena, an outdoor stadium, or really just a field which would be boring but anyway, I choose a stadium with a retractable roof. This is because if it rains no worries about a game being cancelled just close the roof! The next part I would include is the Cade York fan club stands, a group of diehard fans who love the Outlaws and Cade York. 50% of the tickets go straight into Cade York’s pocket and they sign a bunch of songs and could be considered “ultra” type fans if you wanna name them. The Stadium name would be the “Cade York stadium” because, well its a sim league and I am gonna be a cocky jerk about this stadium. The Stands will spell Cade York on one side and “Season 28 Kicker of the year” on the other side. The stadium will seat 100,00 fans and the Outlaws will go on to have the greatest stadium in all of sports.

201 words

Theres a prompt about stadium design, but now lets dig deeper. Each stadium serves some concessions for the fans coming in to watch the games. Talk us through their menu.

Food, food, food. Who doesn't love food!? With the new Cade York stadium being built the Outlaws are adding a few new food choices and changing the prices. First the classical foods, they will have the Hotdogs, the Hamburgers, the Nachos, the Ice cream, the chicken tenders, the fries, they will also have a few restaurants like Chick-fil-a and in an out(very overrated). But now we have a chef to make all the fancy food, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, fans of the outlaws, and I guess fans of not the Outlaws(sorry about your mistake) Chef Gordan Ramsey is our new chef and he will make his famous beef wellington every week and home game the outlaws play. The Outlaws will also be lending him to the Portland Pythons because well who doesnt love the Pythons. The cost of the Beef Wellington is 69 cents and the cost of the drink to go with the Beef Wellington is 420 dollars. The normal food is free but not as good as the beef wellington. For deserts we have Large Milkshakes, Ice Cream, Cake, and my personal favorite Itialan Ice. Yahoo and Yelp or whatever rate the menu a 420/69 and I do too.

206 words

Imagine your current position was not available to be picked when you created your player. What other position would you have picked, and why?

If the Kicker positon was not available I would have changed the way I created my player completely. I would have changed my player and my player’s name. My new position would probably be Halfback and I would have named my player Clyde Edwards-Helaire. The reason I would have picked the Halfback position is because I find it interesting in real life football. I would have chosen the name because I am obsessed with LSU and Clyde Edwars-Helaire is amazing. I think I would go for a speedster type of build. I would try to max out speed as quickly as possible and focus on carrying or avoiding fumbles next. I don’t think I would be a dominant player but I think I could be pretty successful. I could see myself possibly making a pro bowl and finishing in the top 5 for HBoTY once or twice in my career. If the Halfback position was also full I would create an Offensive Linemen, preferably center or RG and I would try to build a runblock offensive lineman. If that positions as full I would just end up going to Linebacker because I have always wanted to play that position in a sim league. Who knows my recreate could be one of these positions

213 words

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=19405&view=findpost&p=313135 PBE affiliate link username is LSUFAN101

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - moonlight - 05-13-2021

15. The Yellowknife Wraiths have won yet another Ultimus Championship. The standout performances were both on the Yellowknife Wraiths. The Offensive Player of the Game was Rando Cardrissian and the Defensive Player of the Game was Douglas Quaid. Rando Cardrissian had 21 rushes for 97 rushing yards and 1 rushing touchdown. He did this on a 4.6 Y/A. Rando Cardrissian also had 2 receptions for 19 yards giving him a total of over 100 yards from scrimmage in the game. Douglas Quaid on the defensive side of the ball had a whale of a day. He had 10 total tackles, 1 sack on the Quarterback, 1 force fumble and fumble recovery, and 2 passes defended. The sack, forced fumble and fumble recovery all came on the same pivotal play late in the fourth quarter. Austin had the ball and was trying to put together a game winning drive, Douglas Quaid came up the middle and strip sacked the Austin Copperhead's quarterback, which cause the fumble. Quaid had the wherewithal to realize the ball was loose and pick it up. This led the Wraiths entering victory formation at the Austin side of the field to confirm the victory. The MVP's are now parading around Disney World and having a lot of fun.

Code:
211 words

17. The Yellowknife Wraiths are the current ISFL Champions. They had a home Ultimus game, a stadium that has one of the biggest home advantages in the entire ISFL. Yellowknife is in the far reaches of Canada and frequently gets extremely cold temperatures. The Yellowknife home stadium has no dome, which has generally worked in the Wraiths favour as visiting teams have had an extremely difficult time adjusting to the cold and general field conditions on road games up at Yellowknife. The Wraiths have been consistently one of the best franchises in the ISFL with high win totals and quite a few Ultimus trophies. There have been a couple occasions when a team has been able to go into Yellowknife and win. Namely the Orange County Otters, hailing from southern California no less, in S18 and S19, who went into Yellowknife two years in a row and came away with Ultimus trophies. Home advantage aside, the Wraiths have had one of the lowest revenue's in the entire ISFL. Mainly because the stadium has one use, and that is for football games for the Wraiths. The city of Yellowknife is slowly expanding and the mayor has proposed a new feature for the Wraiths stadium. That is why a dome has been proposed, to make the stadium open for concerts, other sporting events and so on. Now the debate is to build a new stadium with a dome, expand, or just make an entirely new stadium.

Code:
243 words

20. Big Slammu is quickly rising in stardom, as he has been approached time and time again for movie and film roles. One roles that he's been really excited about is a celebrity appearance in WWE Raw. Big Slammu has always been a big WWE fan growing up and it is a dream come true to be featured on such a fun stage. He certainly has the body for it, and WWE has been promoting his appearance later on this summer with a fervour on social media. WWE has been on the downturn lately and Big Slammu may give them the fame they need to continue the show as long as they can. Big Slammu is also going to be featured on a documentary produced by ISFL Network on his offseason workout plan. It's purpose is to peel back the curtain on pro football and the ups and downs for players as they progress on their football careers. Big Slammu may have the ideal shark bod, but he's worked since highschool to maintain, shape and train it to reach max performance. The 3rd year player has now finished top 3 in the nation in total tackles and as his career progresses on the field, his off the field prospects will continue to increase.

Code:
212 words

26. Big Slammu always wanted to be a linebacker in the ISFL. His earlier football career was actually quite varied in terms of his position. In Highschool, he played a mixture of defensive end, defensive tackle, and outside linebacker. He also made appearances in the offensive backfield as a fullback and running back. Big Slammu was always been a dynamic athlete in highschool and many players in the ISFL have also been considered prime athletes at that level in the game. Big Slammu was drafted to the Wraiths in the 3rd round straight out of highschool. As the LB position was not open, Big Slammu had to make a due with a short stint in the DSFL as a Linebacker with middling success. He insisted on being called up in his 2nd season where he was put in the DE spot. He struggled mightily and did not achieve a single sack in his rookie year in the ISFL. While he got 11 sacks in his second season, the question remains on how Big Slammu's career would have looked like if he was not able to play LB. Considering his highschool background, Big Slammu probably would have been happy playing DE or DT but would have probably been a little frustrated as to being slightly too small for the defensive line.

Code:
219 words

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - GlimsTC - 05-13-2021

1. This week will see the S28 Ultimus and Ultimini races begin in earnest. How did each team arrive at the playoffs? Were there any dark horse teams that went unexpectedly far, or any presumptive favorites that fell flat? Who do you think will win the final? If you’re writing this after the finals were decided, were you surprised by the outcome?

The playoff race I want to focus on is the race for the Ultimus, which to many, was one that was a complete surprise. The dark horse team specifically that caused this surprise, was none other than my Austin Copperheads, who many people assumed would falter in the standings again due to their poor performance last season. But, people definitely should have expected better of this team, as on paper, it was clear as day we'd be a contender for a playoff spot, and a contender we absolutely were. Another surprise to many, was the Honolulu Hahalua not making the playoffs, especially since they had just come off of a pretty good playoff run last season. Unfortunately for them, while being a very good team with pretty much all the pieces, they lacked a real star WR, which meant the offense faced a lot of struggles in very winnable games. While they did indeed still end up with a 9-7 record, which tied the Austin Copperheads, they had lost both meetups, which essentially eliminated them even with Austin losing five of their final six games.

As for the other conference, that being the NSFC, there really weren't any surprises there. The Berlin Salamanders, Yellowknife Wraiths, and Sarasota Sailfish were already established powerhouses that were definitely expected to continue winning like they had been. If nothing else, I'd say the biggest surprise, at least to me and a few others, was the Chicago Butchers going 6-10. They are absolutely not a 6-10 team, and they had all the qualifications to actually fight for a playoff spot. But for some reason, luck was not on their side this season, and they were put down pretty bad.

Now, we get to the playoff races. For me, I had Austin and Berlin facing off in the Ultimus, but for many others, the bet was on Arizona and Berlin. It's hard to fault people for thinking the lowest seed wouldn't beat powerhouses like the New York Silverbacks and Arizona Outlaws, but I'd say that if any team was likely to cause chaos, it would have been Austin. We had already beaten the seemingly unstoppable Outlaws in Arizona earlier in the season, and we only lost to the Silverbacks in an extremely last minute touchdown at their house last time. While this means nothing in the context of the sim, if you believe in the energy of situations like this, I feel you are often rewarded, and rewarded we were in Austin, to the dismay of many playoff predictions. Pretty much everyone, even people on Austin, had assumed that Arizona would be whooping everyone on their way to an easy Ultimus win. On paper, I'd say the team they fielded this season was comparable to that of the New England Patriots back when they had Brady. They were on a completely different level, but fate had other plans for them this season. It'll be really interesting to see if they

And as for the NSFC once more, the playoff run there was pretty predictable, other than the upset the Wraiths had over the Fire Salamanders. Now, more people actually did see the possibility of the Wraiths winning, as while Berlin may be a huge powerhouse currently, the Wraiths have proven they can work you big time while being on the road, and work the Fire Salamanders they did. Despite the possibility of a Wraith win though, Berlin was on par with Arizona for pretty much the entire season. Their only losses were complete outliers, and their wins were complete stomps most of the time. With both sides of the ball being filled to the brim with super solid players, it was a little hard to imagine them losing. But the Wraiths did only end with one less loss than the Fire Salamanders, so it was the closest possible matchup we could have had there. And to give a little attention to Sarasota, who a few people believed could pull their usual shenanigans and form a run out of nothing, they unfortunately failed to defend their title, losing in the very first game of the playoffs. I feel like despite the faith, it was pretty expected, as no matter how good they usually are, on the road against the Wraiths is probably one of the worst places to be. But, knowing Sarasota, they're going to continue making playoff runs for seasons to come, so I won't be surprised if I and many others are writing about them again next season.

So, we're left with the Copperheads and Wraiths in the big game. I figured Berlin would have been the tougher battle, but the Wraiths REALLY showed up in the Ultimus, decimating the Copperheads for almost the entirety of the game. I would have never expected the Wraiths to beat us so heavily up until the end of the game, but I suppose that's how it goes on the road. All in all though, the playoffs went about as expected for me, besides the two Wraith victories at the end. They really were an impressive team this season, so if I had to lose to anyone, I'm glad it was to them. Here's hoping for another exciting season moving forward!

872 words