International Simulation Football League
(S28) Ultimus Week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) Ultimus Week (/showthread.php?tid=31809)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Yeenoghu - 05-03-2021

Code:
4. “Sim gonna sim” is a popular expression in the league. Write about teams that have been graced by the sim gods and had amazing performances despite statistical odds, and/or about teams that were considered favorites but may have dealt with some bad sim luck that hampered their efforts. How much of an impact did it have on their season(s)?

As soon as I saw this prompt, I instantly knew that I had another opportunity to vent about my team’s woes this season. As I mentioned in a recent media post the Chicago Butchers had an awful run of luck this season, so I’ll take this time to examine some of the more egregious ‘sim gonna sim’ moments in detail. First, it should be said that the Butchers should not have been a bad team this season. Average perhaps, but certainly undeserving of their 6-10 record. One can simply look to their -22 point differential (compare to Colorado’s -20 at 8-8 or Honolulu’s impressive -38 at 9-7), their 23,000 TPE (which of course includes an all human offensive line but is still in the upper echelon of teams), or their record of 4-8 in one possession games. Most of Chicago’s losses came down to the final drive, or even a single play.

WEEK 3, PHILADELPHIA LIBERTY AT CHICAGO BUTCHERS
Chicago kicker Sam Sidekick has just nailed a 53 yard field goal to give the Butchers a two point lead with five seconds to go in a hotly contested game. A properly coached football team would simply execute a squib kick—instead, Liberty wide receiver Flash Panda (@juniped) takes the kick out of their own end zone and returns it 102 yards to win the game for Philadelphia.
A heartbreaking loss for certain, but how improbable was it? According to the index, there were 624 kick returns this season, 3 of which were returned for a touchdown. This gives a ratio of 0.5%, but it does not account for kickoffs that result in touchbacks. However, I’ve no idea what the odds of a successful 75-yard hail mary would be after said touchback, so let’s keep it at 0.5% for now.

WEEK 9, SAN JOSE SABERCATS AT CHICAGO BUTCHERS
Déjà vu! Chicago kicker Sam Sidekick has just tacked on another would-be game winner, this time from 24 yards with 1:04 remaining. Even though it would be uncommon, 64 seconds is definitely enough time for a team to march down the field and get into scoring position. After a 23-yard return, the Sabercats managed consecutive gains of 12, 6, 1, and 10 yards and found themselves at the Butchers 46-yard line. This turned out to be of little consequence to San Jose kicker Matthew McDairmid (@Matty7478), who promptly nailed a 63-yard field goal to win the game for the Sabercats.
Without going through every single game in the index to see if field goals of this length were even attempted, hopefully I can convey the likelihood of this event by stating that 63 yards was the longest field goal of the season. In recent seasons a few 63-yard field goals have been scored, and in all instances they have been scored by either McDairmid or Yellowknife Wraiths kicker Blago Kokot. Both of these kickers are the only ones in the league with a Kick Power rating of 100, so I would postulate that other kickers are not even capable of making field goals of this length. Simply put, Chicago wins outright against 11 of 13 teams in this scenario. Let’s be conservative and use the San Jose and Yellowknife conversion rates on field goals of 50+ of 9/11 and 4/7 respectively for an approximate probability of (9/11 + 4/7) / 13 ~= 10.7%, though a field goal of 50 yards must surely be easier than one from 64.

WEEK 11, CHICAGO BUTCHERS AT SARASOTA SAILFISH
After Sarasota kicker Jacob Small (@bjkman) made a 51-yard field goal to tie the game with 19 seconds to go, I assumed that the worst case scenario would be an overtime loss to the Sailfish. The monkey’s paw curled (though the middle digit may still have been extended) to avoid this outcome entirely. The ensuing kickoff went through the end zone for a touchback—even if this had simply not transpired and a return of any length had occurred, there would not have been enough time left for the remaining chain of events. First down—O’Donnell throws an incomplete pass that is broken up by Mango-Panda. Three seconds elapse, 0:16 remaining. Second down—O’Donnell throws another incomplete pass in the direction of Tree Gelbman. Six seconds elapse, 0:10 remaining. Third down—a completion to Gelbman but it’s only for eight yards, bringing up 4th down.
At this point, a normal team would simply let time expire (or perhaps the defense would call a timeout to hope for a punt block or miracle punt return, but Sarasota had none remaining). Instead, the Butchers called a time-out. Inadvisable, but perhaps the logic here is that they can attempt a hail mary—stranger things have happened. With four seconds to go, the Butchers … run the ball? That’s right, we ran the ball on 4th and 2 from our own 33 yard line. The team was appropriately punished for this horrendous decision, as Hayes was stopped after just one yard, and the Sarasota timekeeper suspiciously only let the game clock run for a whopping two seconds to give the ball back to the Sailfish with enough time for Small to make his second 51-yard field goal in a seventeen second span. Of additional note here is that outside of this game, Small was 2/4 on field goals of 50 yards or more.
As for the probability, it's a little too complex for me to figure out. Let's just say that this will probably never happen again. Surely no team would make the same mistake twice. ...Right?

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - ZootTX - 05-03-2021

18. If you were to ask me who is the ultimate team player on the Yellowknife Wraiths, I would have to say it is wide receiver Mark Walker. Mark is the epitome of putting the team first. On the field, Mark is an outstanding wide receiver, and this year was his second year in a row to have over 1k yards (and the season before he almost made it!) On many teams, Mark would be the star WR1. However, Mark selflessly fills the important role of WR2 on the Wraiths. Teams that try to ignore him by focusing on star WR1 Kai Sakura quickly find they’ve made a terrible mistake leaving him uncovered as he breaks off with a long reception. Mark's performance is always too good for a breakout award, but never quite high enough on the stats chart to make a run at the wide receiver of the year award. In the locker room, Mark is an awesome teammate with a great sense of humor, who is fun to be around and definitely a team leader. When it was time to select team captains for this season, he was an easy choice this season for the Wraiths offensive Team Captain! Mark is a great teammate and player and the Wraiths are fortunate to have him. (216 words)

28. As I’ve stated before, Yellowknife clearly has the best branding in the league. It's simple, but terrifying. Anyone looking at it knows what it is and what team it represents. The Wraith mascot is one spooky boi. Other teams whose branding I like include Berlin and Austin. While Berlin’s actual team name is a bit clunky, their mascot is spot on. I don’t really know what a Fire Salamander is, but he looks like he’s ready to start some shit. I like Austin’s because its not only a scary looking snake, it actually looks like a Copperhead. If you’ve ever encountered one in the wild, you’ll know they have a nasty temper, and their mascot looks like it comes with one. As far as team’s that I think could be improved, Philly’s stands out the most. I’m sorry, I still think of Taco Bell every time I see that logo, and I don’t have fond memories of the place. Although I guess you could say there was often a form of terror a few hours after eating there. Sarasota and Honolulu also could use a refresh. Every time I look at the Hahalua, I think of Papa Smurf. Maybe I’m the only one who sees it. Sarasota’s is actually good overall, I just think the sailfish itself looks like a bit of a derp. (224 words)

29. SHL affiliate PT

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Raven - 05-03-2021

Quote:10. Write a short biography or story about your player. This could include background about how they came to the ISFL and how they’ve done so far, a story about their role in an exciting game, or anything else related to their experience in the league.

Davriel Lavigne is no stranger to the fans of the ISFL. He just finished his 4th year as a player of the Honolulu Hahalua. A stable safety for the team throughout those four years, Lavigne has provided deep coverage for the team, being the last line of defense and making clutch tackles as well as being a nuisence to quarterbacks with his eagle eyes. However, last season was not a great one for Davriel as his defensive stats were not up too par with what was expected from him. Rumours has it he has brought up he would feel more comfortable playing a differnt role within the team, so it will be interesting to keep a tab on that and see what Lavigne will be bringing to the table next season for the Hahaluas. Having played for the Hahalua for 4 years now Lavigne has been a big part of the team which was established in the 22th season of the NSFL. He has played 4 seasons of out of the 7 the team has been around and is a flagship player among the team. Lavigne has had a whole journey to get to this point in his career. Early in the 23rd season of the league a young Lavigne decided to join the league after the tradeline as a DFA. He played with the Portland Pythons for their last 4 games of the season and was unable to make a big impact as the team went 1-3. He enter the DSFL draft as a highly touted draftee and many mockers had him going in the first round, specifically as the first overall pick of the draft. That pick was owned by the Portland Phytons, so the connects that he would be drafted back to his DFA team made sence. Draft day came and he was in fact drafted first overall by the Phytons. He had a decent season during the S24 season and his draft rank was among speculations for the ISFL draft. A former 1st overall pick would be expected to be picked high, however reports were connecting him to the Honolulu Hahalua with their 21st pick. Come draft time this was in fact what ended up happening. Dropping 20 places from his original DSFL draft position, he suited up for the Hahalua with their 21st pick. Lavigne did report that he had dreamt of joining this newly formed team and being a part of it's early history. That is the story of how Lavigne became a Hahalua and how he has been here for 4 years already, heading into his 5th.

[434 words]

Quote:26. Imagine your current position was not available to be picked when you created your player. What other position would you have picked, and why?

If I remember correctly at the time of creating Davriel Lavigne I was also playing with the idea of creating as a DT. It seemed like a fun position to make some big impact plays building up sacks for the team and filling in a position, which seems very hard to fill nowadays. However as GM of the Hahalua I looked at what my team needed in term of positions and at the time it looked like we would have a spot opening up at safety that needed to be filled, so safety was my go to position at that point. Which luckily was also the position I wanted to explore originally if I wasn't a gm. If I had to choose today I would have created as a wide receiver, which is a position that is still very interesting to me till this day. So for the next time I recreate Wide Receiver is def on the table. Wide Receiver just seems like a very fun position, as a position to appear on the scoreboard with, also knowing myself I wouldnt necessary be looking at WR#1 minutes and could create a powerful 1/2 punch with another great wide receiver which seems like a lot of fun.

[208 words]

Code:
29. Affliate PT from either SHL/PBE/GOMHL. The Weeks must match with the timeframe of this UW

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=115770&pid=3030827#pid3030827

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Menace0528 - 05-03-2021

6. Write 800 words or more on something about anything in the league that interests you. It could be related to statistics, a league issue that you take seriously, or a niche part of history that doesn’t fit neatly into either of the above categories. This must be directly related to the league, so don’t wax 800 words about your team’s participation on a Werewolf server or something. 

For a statistical analysis of the league, I will be looking at the performance of a player/group (how good the QB or defense is) and seeing if that relates back to their record. First, let’s take a look at the best QB, and for that, we’re gonna look at a couple stats. For example, how is the team of the QB with the best rating doing? How about the worst rating? The best rating is owned by Monterey Jack, the QB of San Jose Sabercats. Despite the QB with the best rating in the league, the San Jose Sabercats are not doing well at all, with a 5-11 record, the lowest in their division. The main issue that I can see is despite such a high QB rating, he only has an average number of touchdowns. Combine that with a defense giving up the one of the most points in the league despite Monterey Jack only throwing 8 interceptions, and you have a recipe for a bad win-loss record. Actually, looking at it, it seems their whole team has an issue in the red zone. Their RB1, Jamar Lackson, has over 1000 yards at over 4 yards a carry, but only 6 touchdowns, and their RB2 only has 4, which is honestly extremely not ideal and such an outlier for such a good running game. The issue with SJS is absolutely their red zone issues combined with a fairly bad defense. Now let’s take a look at the lowest QB rating in the league, and that would be... well apparently that’s Dougie Smalls, the New York Silverbacks kicker, who for some reason threw one pass for an incompletion. As for the worst QB in terms of QB rating, that distinction goes to Luke Skywalker, the QB for the Baltimore Hawks, and well.... it’s baltimore, so take a wild guess as to how good the record is. I don’t mean to be mean, but it’s fairly well known that baltimore isn’t the best of teams this year. They beat the Sarasota Sailfish and the Chicago Butchers though, so they have that going for them. But yeah, their team isn’t great. The worst defense by far, combined with the second worst offense, led by a QB with the worst passer rating, most likely isn’t going places. But let’s go into what exactly was so bad about his play. He has a 64% completion rate, not bad at all. The real issue comes from the fact that he’s almost an off-brand Jameis Winston. At least Jameis has 5000 yards and threw for more TDs than INTs, with 32 TDs to 30 INTs. Luke Skywalker, on the other hand, does not have that benefit. He has over 4000 yards, but combine that with a 1:1 touchdown to interception ratio (18 TDs, 18 INTs) and it’s looking pretty dark for the team. So what have we learning from this? Absolutely nothing apparently, because both the highest and lowest QB ratings for players are for QBs on bad teams. But what about total yards? That’s gotta mean something, right? Well let’s check it out. Mattathias Caliban, who if i had to guess will be crowned MVP soon, threw for an insane 5668 yards, with a 95 QB rating, 15 INTs, and an insane 36 TDs. The Butchers, however, are not capitalizing on such amazing play, going 6-10. The main issue, and this seems to be a theme, is their defense. They allowed 22 more points than they scored, which is even worse when you consider they scored 430 points. Now let’s look at the passer with the least yards: Ryan Negs, the QB of the Philadelphia Liberty. Ryan Negs is a rookie passer, so i’ll give him a bit of a pass. He has one of the highest completion percentages as well, so this seems to be a game manager sort of thing. Well actually, calling him a game manager is a bit of a stretch, as a game manager would typically turn the ball over less. Negs’s main issue, other than a lack of yards, is his TD:INT ratio, with 1:1.1 being his ratio at 13 TDs to 14 INTs, which is horrendous. To finish this up, let’s look at the top two teams and see where their QBs stand out. The top 2 QBs are Nick Kaepercolin and Charlemagne Cortez. The thing that stands out to me is, well, the lack of things standing out to me. Both are above average, but there’s none that stand above the others. Cortez has a very high QB rating, second highest in the league, but QB rating absolutely doesn’t decide record, as we saw before. Kaepercolin is top 3 in yards, but same deal of that not deciding win loss record. What have we learned? Probably that WB performance absolutely doesn’t decide team success, as the best QBs seem to have pretty crappy teams around them.

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - ztarwarz - 05-03-2021

Task 1:

When it comes to teams that unexpectedly flopped this season, there are two options that stick out to me; the two teams that start with C in the NSFC. Let's start with the Yeti: What the absolute hell was that? Your Defense pulled a 2018 Jaguars and had all of its turnovers completely dry up. Well, technically they forced 6 fumbles and got 7 interceptions, but 4 of those interceptions and 5 OF THEIR 6 FORCED FUMBLES occurred in their two games against the Hawks. Somehow you managed to give up more points than the SECOND LINE this season. Then there's your offense, which decided to be the 2020 Steelers, throwing 80% of the time. The only problem with that decision is that such a decision doesn't really make sense when you HAVE a top 5 running back by TPE. Only 3 teams were even within 100 attempts of Caliban this season, and those teams at least had the excuse of shit running backs (or in HON's case, mediocre running backs and a poor Oline). Your reward for this was Caliban throwing you out of the playoffs in your week 15 game against the Wraiths. At least Lim had a great season that could put him up for WRotY, but if you get any other award this season it's almost certainly not deserved. (maybe something on D, I didn't go through that)

And then there's the Butchers. I didn't expect you to be a powerhouse this season. After a few years of being such, you had some key retirements, some important regression, and then had one of the dumbest seasons I've ever seen in this league so far. You beat the Yeti, the Sailfish, and the Fire Salamanders. You took the Outlaws to the edge, and got screwed out of a chance to SWEEP the SAILFISH with one of the dumbest sim decisions I've ever seen this game take. Then you lost last second games against bottom 4 teams. Twice. While Philly kind of had the sim luck of the devil this season, a team that should have been competing for the playoffs had no right to lose to both Philly and San Jose on walkoff special teams plays. And yet, somehow, some way, that wasn't the most embarrassing loss you had this season. Baltimore beat you guys. George O'Donnell threw 3 picks that led to 17 points for the Hawks. You gave Baltimore their first win in over a season, you prevented me from making a long article about the Hawks' losing streak. And perhaps most importantly, you took yourself out of the playoffs. Half of your losses came from those 5 games. Well, there is something else that you losing to Baltimore did. If the rest of the season went the exact same, the Hawks would have tied the Yeti's 0-32 stretch before beating the Sailfish. That would have been REALLY poetic.

Speaking of the Sailfish, what the hell was that ending? Going into the season I had you pegged as a top 2 team in the league, and you go into the playoffs as not a top 2 team in you CONFERENCE. You lost the last 3 games of your season and went in the pits. You could have been the 1 overall seed in the playoffs, except you lost to the Otters, the Liberty, and the HAWKS in the last 3 games of the season. What the HELL happened to your Defense in the 2nd half of the Otters game, giving up 24 points in a half to a team that averaged less than that throughout the season? What happened to your rushing attack that was somehow less than half as effective as the OTTERS? Then, you went against the Liberty and went down 21-3 in the first quarter, stormed all the way back, took a lead in the 4th, were handed the win off of one of the dumbest sim decisions of all time (4th and goal at the 1, down by 7, 3 minutes left, sim says kick a field goal apparently)...and then LITERALLY FUMBLED THE WIN AWAY. Then, against the Hawks, you might have lost not just the 2nd seed in the playoffs, but the CBotY award, as your candidate for that award committed back to back 15 yard penalties to march Baltimore down the field for an important insurance score, your kicker missed a 30 yard field goal, and in general your team showed appalling discipline. 113 penalty yards? Seriously? You had an easy end of the year and managed to piss away your shots at awards and at good playoff seeding simultaneously. You considered yourself the best team in the league, and you lost to the HAWKS. There is a world where the Yeti don't completely collapse and you're out of the playoffs entirely. And you should thank HO that we don't play with morale, because if we did yours would be so low that getting out of the first round would be close to impossible. (835 words)

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Alcott - 05-03-2021

13. Expansion Expansion Expansion! The league seems to love talking about it, but it has still not happened. Tell us why it should happen / should not happen soon?

Expansion is definitely a hot topic in the league, and for good reason as it could potentially have a giant impact on the league and it's future success. Obviously there are both pros and cons to expansion which is why it is so highly debated and deserves as much consideration as it is receiving. So let's go ahead and go over a few of the bigger points and their potential impacts to the league before weighing in on what the timeline of an expansion might look like. 

Available Players vs. Available Roster Spots
So first and foremost an expansion is a numbers game, too many players and not enough roster spots leaves users stuck in the DSFL for multiple seasons without a chance to improve above their 250 TPE cap and they may lose interest and abandon the league. On the reverse, open up too many roster spots with not enough players and that forces players up from the DSFL that aren't yet ready to play with the more developed rosters in the league, which would likely lead to poor performance from the newer players that could lead to discouragement and again, abandonment of the league. These are both of the extremes for the con side of roster availability, but the other side of the coin would be that the league is more than capable of maintaining development and promotion with expansion. If the incoming players match pace with the levels of expansion, it would allow the new players to transition from the DSFL into the ISFL at a rate where they get a season or two to develop and but not get endlessly stuck in the lower league and can still contribute to their ISFL team in a meaningful way when they are called up. 

Developed Parity or Watered Down League?
Another issue faced with expansion is the spread and distribution of talent, this ties in to the roster availability issue but has its own unique twists so I'll cover it separately. One of the biggest indicators of expansion readiness is if there is a nice competitive balance among the teams. Obviously there will be up years and down years for players and teams but if there is a general level of parity where any team has a chance to win then the distribution of talent is considered fairly even. We've seen with Baltimore that there isn't quite that level of balance yet, but with trades, free agency, and changing of the guard that can take a couple seasons to truly sort through so the winless streak may not be a true indication that the league is under-saturated with talent. If the talent pool is great enough that the expansion teams could come in and compete right away (with players from the expansion draft and then DSFL call ups and free agency) then there isn't a threat to league, however if there just isn't enough talent to support the larger collection of teams, then there runs a greater risk of the overall level of play decreasing and a lack of enjoyment from the results, that or the few good players all move to a super team and crush the rest of the league (which is also no fun for anyone besides the super team bullies). Conversely if there is enough talent to support the expansion but it still doesn't happen, good players will get buried in the depth charts and lower leagues, lose interest from lack of playtime and likely abandon the league.

Conclusion
With all that said, expansion probably won't happen as soon as it needs to as change is tough to accept. For the record I am for expansion but I'm just a S28er so who cares what I think. Lol

14. Describe your player and/or team’s journey through this latest season. What were the highlights? What were the lower points? What might you have done differently? What are your expectations for next season?

The Dallas Birddogs came in prepared for S29 of the DSFL after winning the franchise's first Ultimini (first playoff game too, but who's counting?). The first game came down to the wire with a 3 point loss to the Seawolves, but then came the highpoint of the season for the Dallas team, a 4 game win streak. With two one score games and two double digit victories, the Birddogs looked primed for another shot at the Ultimini. However, the low point of the season quickly followed with almost double the negativity in the form of a 7 game losing streak. This losing streak was particularly painful as 5 of the 7 games came down to 7 points or less. That kind of streak really takes a toll mentally and emotionally as it seems like no matter how hard you try, how talented the team and the coaches are, how much more you want to win, that the fates are just going to snatch that victory away and hand it over to the opposing team. It really tests your mental make up and the leadership of the team to see if you can pull it all together and make something out of the wreckage of the season. And the Birddogs did, by snapping the losing streak with a 28-0 revenge game against the Seawolves who gave out the opening week L to Dallas and got the season back on track. It was a statement game that brought the Birddogs back into the playoff race and gave them a shot at back to back Ultimini championships. If the team showed us anything, its that they can keep a game close and give themselves a real opportunity to win. As I'm an eager beaver and going to finish this wonderful Ultimus week assignment before the DSFL regular season finale and playoff games are actually played I'll have to wing it and throw out some predictions for the season conclusion. The final regular season game is against the Luchadors, who Dallas thoroughly stomped in their one previous game 31-3 in the heart of their win streak. I don't think the wholloping will be that great again, but I do see the Birddogs pulling out another victory to clinch the final playoff spot in the South. If the Birddogs do reach the playoffs they'll have a chance for the sweep of Tijuana by playing them again, and if it aint broke, don't fix it. The game plan and results will be the same, with Dallas coming out on top to play in their second straight Ultimini. It would be lame to come all this way just to lose, so the new high of the season will be the Birddogs second Ultimini wins in as many attempts

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - xTri - 05-03-2021

TASK 10 (5 TPE): Write a short biography or story about your player. This could include background about how they came to the ISFL and how they’ve done so far, a story about their role in an exciting game, or anything else related to their experience in the league.

Taro Raimon came to America to play football from Japan after being part of one of the highest profile teams in International high school football history. He wasn't highly regarded in Football coming from a baseball background and not being tall. He got his chance to impress many American scouts by displaying his strong reception skills which translated well from baseball in the "High school World Cup Football". Combined with a sudden growth spurt where he grew to over 6 feet, he received a full scholarship to the Notre Dame football team after graduating from high school. His first season wasn't as impressive as he was near the bottom in terms of wide receiver depth. He didn't play in a game until halfway through the season and came up with modest numbers and 0 touchdowns. In his Sophomore year, Taro missed the opening day game due to a hamstring sprain. After his injury, he quickly came back and displayed his receiving prowess. In 15 games, he produced 17 touchdowns and reception 1363 yards. He gained several honours as well as proving himself to be a top WR prospect in his draft class. In his Junior year, he repeated his performance with similar numbers and lead his conference in receiving touchdowns with 19. For his senior year, Taro forgoes it to enter the DSFL draft as one of the top wide receiver prospects.

He was chosen in the second round, 20th overall in both drafts by the Dallas Birddogs and the Arizona Outlaws. He was the third wide receiver chosen in the ISFL draft. In his two seasons in the DSFL, he was relatively average, with only a 50 reception yard average over 28 games. He got his first All star nod in 2039 as a special team returner. In his first ISFL season as WR3, he didn't get to show most of his abilities with only 24 receptions for 300 yards. Taro was definitely disappointed in his rookie year but aims to prove himself in the later years. The next season really defined on how Taro Raimon's career will be like in the future. He was promoted to WR2 after Saba Donut is going through his regression. He amassed over 1300 reception yards over the 16 games, which is almost as much yards Taro has gotten in his first three professional seasons. He also got 11 touchdowns which is double more than his career total prior to the season. Part of the success could be attributed to Cue's MVP-like season in his last QB season. This season netted Raimon his first All-Star nod as well as winning the offensive breakout player of the year. In his next season, under the new QB rookie, Cortez, Raimon improved his numbers showing he was no fluke by receiving almost 1500 yards and 10 touchdowns. Cortez also did great with oofensive rookie of the year. In Raimon's 4th season, his reception yards cooled down to 1262 but has maintained a solid touchdown number of 11. Cortez is also a top 2 qb at this moment. At the time of writing, the Outlaws are in contention for the Ultimus, the first for Raimon if they win it all.

Code:
533 words

TASK 28 (2.5 TPE): What team do you think has the best branding in the league? What team do you think could use a refresh? Why?

The best branding in the league? It has to be the Arizona Outlaws. Not trying to be absolutely bias here as I am currently on the team but the logo is one of the best, if not the best, in the league. The bandit character is cool looking and definitely well-designed. Honourable mention to the New York Silverbacks with their cinema inspired logo too. The cowboy team works well in a football league as well. You can pretend the cowboy is the quarterback of the team and with his extremely accurate shots (with his gun or arm), he can land the football right into the wide receiver's hands every single time. The football pitch is also top tier, if you ever tune into the streams, check out their field design.
There are two teams that I would want to see an updated logo or tweak into their branding. The first is the Baltimore Hawks. Aside from their on-field performance, I find their logo quite generic and lacking something when compared to others. I would want to see a cooler logo with possibly the name incorporated into it. They could also rebrand as the Hawks are one of the more used brands out there. The second is the Sarasota Sailfish. I want to say that I like their branding so I would not say to rebrand but their logo is down there with the Hawks. It could be iconic in the league with their rich history but I personally would prefer an updated logo.

Code:
253 words

TASK 29 (2.5 TPE): PBE PT

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - TheCC - 05-03-2021

ISFL GM UW Pass

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - suley12 - 05-03-2021

TIER 2 TASK 10
QB Sal Shaw comes from Denver Colorado surrounded by football in his family. His whole life he wanted to be an ISFL QB and this is the year that he potentially is going to get the shot. Ryan Negs introduced him into the league at a young age and from there he has fallen in love with the game. When we talked to him about football and how much it meant to him, he replied with "Its everything for me" and he really hopes that he can prove he has what it takes in the big leagues. He believes that he has the work ethic and what it is going to take to be a top QB in the upcoming ISFL Draft.

"I hope that a team will take the chance on me, because im ready to give it everything I got and whoever chooses me wont regret it." Shaw Says in a recent interview. Although he is just 20 years old, he has been playing and watching football since he was just 3 years old. Sal is a mobile QB from Texas where he had arguably one of the best seasons in Texas Football history. In 14 games, he through 39 Touchdowns, 5 interceptions, 4010 Yards, and ran for 500 on the ground as well. He proved to many teams and scouts that he gets it done through the air and on the ground, but now its time to see if his strength and IQ will translate into the ISFL. Texas did not make the CFP in Shaw's 3 years, but it wasnt because of him,  and rather one of the worst offensive lines in college football. But Shaw takes blame "I coulda done more for the team, and we can not blame each other" he says. As we head into the final weeks before the draft, a big guy to watch is Sal Shaw, he could potentially turn into one of the top QBs in the league with his high work ethic and high character. The draft is being held at the 19th, but Shaw believes in the showcase on the 17th, he will prove to many scouts why he can be a top QB in the ISFL. He understands the competition is big, but he will not let that break his dreams of becoming a QB. Will Sal Shaw be able to take on the heat?  We will have to find out. 

405 WORDS

TIER 2 TASK 7

My experiences in the league so far has been nothing but amazing. It looks like a great place for a lot of football fans to come together, and the creativity is out of the roof. The community is THE BEST i have seen on discord, with loads of mature, nice, and helpful people. Numbers and Ryan Negs have lead me in my journey to become a rookie, as they have been there for me all day to get me set up and started as soon as possible. Without them, i would not be able to get this far in the league. I am satisficed with my players start, but I still would like to get into better contact with GMs and scouts before the draft, and they can hopefully take a shot at me and I will prove that I am the man fo the job. Although I have not yet been drafted, I am looking forward to it and I hope that it is going to be something amazing and fun. There is nothing that i can suggest to this league that they should do better, besides maybe in the team servers have areas where they have their schedule, results, stats, and etc. I think it would be a cool feature, otherwise I think it is great! I know that I am just getting started, but I think the jounrey is going to be long and fun. I cant wait to get my player Render (Johnny Manziel) photoshopped in his team gear. For now, I have making sure that I do all the tasks, and stay active because I want to be a top player and a top QB in this league. Lately I have been watching the ISFL playoff games, trying to get a feel for whos good and who is not, and maybe see myself in the future with one of these teams. Again, this league has been nothing short of amazing and I really can not wait to get out there on the field. Hopefully a team believes in me to be a top QB in the league, because I know that i can get them there. TO any scouts out there reading this, HOLLA AT ME, I will get the job done. Interview me for sure. That is all I have for now, I am looking forward to may 19th, for now you will see me in team servers and around the league chatting it up, waiting to get my shot. 

416 Words.

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Dp-420 - 05-03-2021

Tier 1 Task 1:
This is my first season here in the ISFL, well I should really say the DSFL. I play Quarterback. So far, I began on waivers, and got claimed by the best DSFL team (history wise, Eight Uliminis!) the Tijuana Luchadores. My experience so far, has been great! I even got some playing time in thanks to a first half beatdown by Boss Jr. and the rest of this amazing offense. How did I fare? Below 50% completion percentage and 42 yards passing. Nothing compared to the leader and starting QB Boss, but it left a taste in my mouth. A good taste. A taste I cannot wait to reclaim. I understand playing Quarterback in this league is not easy. Teams are going to ask you to move positions and do this and that. There are already established and great Quarterbacks all over the ISFL. There is timing that you need to hope for, as teams are quick to find their successors at my position, well before the look for successors at other spots. Quarterbacks are the main focal point on every single team, whether they want them to be or not. They run the huddle; they receive the snap from the center to start the player. They are the ones that must give the ball to a Running Back, or throw it to either a Wide Receiver, a Tight End or the running back or full back. Hell, the quarterback can even be seen holding the ball on the ground to allow the kicker to blast the ball through the uprights. You might not like it, it may be hard for you to admit it, but the quarterback is the most important guy on the field. Now, notice I did not say the best player on the field. Just the most important. Line men must decipher who to block, who is blitzing and who is staying home. Not the easiest job on the planet, but as a quarterback, I am profoundly grateful for these gentlemen and what they do every game. For that, when I make it big, my entire offensive line will be gifted with a brand-new toy. I am thinking motorcycles, but owners probably would hate that idea. So maybe ill have to make it ATV’s. Nothing like riding around with your buds on a four-wheeler am I right?
Flankers, they have to be able to avoid getting jammed at the line of scrimmage, then they have to get open, while getting the Quarterbacks attention. Other than that, their only job is the catch the ball when I throw it to them. Seems easy, but a lot of great Corner Backs became defensive players because of their inability to catch the pigskin. Tight Ends are bigger than the wide outs, but smaller than the linemen, but are still expected to block like a lineman, yet are also expected to get open for pass catching on occasion as well. Another tough job. The Running Backs in my eyes, have the hardest jobs on the grid iron, offensively speaking. They are typically the smallest men on the field (offensively, usually Corners are the smallest, well if you don’t count kickers or punters.) but despite that fact, they are still asked to block some of the biggest men on the field during passing plays, and then ask to elude these monsters when it’s a running play. Lets also forget they are expected to catch the ball out of the backfield, my favorite play is a half back screen, especially after we’ve been pounding away on the ground. They never for some reason see that play coming.  Running Backs are asked to do the most, and without hesitation. A true Bell Cow Running Back is absolutely the 2nd most important player on the field. With all this said, lets not forget to mention that Quarter Backs get the most credit for a winning football club, and usually the one that gets credit for being a bad football team is the head coach or the general managers. It sounds like what I am trying to say is that the Quarterback position gets most of the glory, and credit, while they don’t have to do any of the dirty work. They get the glory, while keeping their hands clean. In a sense, I guess that is what Im saying. However, to play quarterback, it takes a special type of person. The guy has to be a leader to rally the troops when things aren’t going as planned. They need to be able to throw tight spirals on nearly 100% of their throws, while making the correct decisions on who should be getting the football thrown to them, even with prima donna wide outs telling you on every play how wide open they are. The QB also has to concern themselves with getting sacks, and concussions. Getting sacked, usually leads to concussions. With all that being said, I don’t care if it takes me 10 seasons to crack a lineup as a QB. I don’t have any intentions on changing positions. I will make it as a QB. Just wait and see.
Code: