International Simulation Football League
(S28) Ultimus Week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) Ultimus Week (/showthread.php?tid=31809)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Mojojojo - 05-05-2021

(S28) Ultimus Week PT
Tier 3 Prompts (200 TPE each) x 4

18. Written option - which teammate of yours is the ultimate team player and why? How does this person exhibit selflessness and put the team first? Are they a great locker room presence who encourages others? Do they play an important but unappreciated role on the team which doesn't receive much recognition for awards?

So, today I want to gush about James Angler (@tMuse). Now, Angler is well known throughout the league for his prowess on the field. Last season’s tight-end of the year and a front runner for the award again this season. What others may not know is how loved he is by the team off the field. He was elected offensive captain for the Sailfish for multiple seasons (S25-S27) not just because of his dominant game time performances, but because of his fun-loving presence in the locker room. When asked about Angler, teammate Peter Patterson laughed and responded “He is quite the character.” Angler has a particular knack for finding the weirdest thing in an otherwise normal locker room conversation, taking it to an extreme, and causing the whole locker room to erupt in laughter. He is always encouraging the younger players and keeping the team management humble. He sets the mood of the locker room and keeps our spirits high even during difficult loses. The Sailfish would not be the same team without James Angler.

James Angler’s agent tMuse also does a lot of behind the scenes work for the league. You know the claim thread bot that helps you make your weekly updates? He made that. He’s also working on adding new functionality to the player tracker and serves as an auditor and updater. And so, not just the Sailfish, but the league would not be the same amazing community without tMuse.

20. If your player had a show starring them, what would the plot be? Graphic Option: Create the cover art for your player’s show
[Image: S28_UW-3.png]

21. Make a scouting report for any of the ISFL or DSFL draftees. Show their stats, abilities, TPE, or highlights. Written or graphic option available.
[Image: S28_UW.png]

24. Create a billboard, magazine cover, unique trading card, or video game cover depicting any one of the league's stars
[Image: image0.jpg]

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - JuOSu - 05-05-2021

5. The league has a rich and fascinating history, and our perspectives on it differ from person to person. In 800 words or more, describe any significant moment in ISFL or DSFL history, whether you were around for it or not. Describe the context, the significant members, and the events. What exactly made this event so famous (or infamous) and why does it deserve to be remembered? Events might include championship wins, the inducting of players to the hall of fame, or even a league scandal.

There are many many significant memories when it comes to the league history. I will try to talk about a few of them. 

First off, Arizona dominates the first three seasons. They were just very very good and had most actives, or so we thought. Winning the first three titles was very dominant and we all thought they were the best team. Turns out a huge part of their success came from one Er who secretly ran something like 8 to 13 players, most of which were on Arizona and suddenly those titles seemed quite tainted. 

After that, we get another three peat from another team, this time the Orange County Otters with one Julian O'Sullivan at linebacker too. Once that dynasty was over, we finally had a few seasons of different teams winning and not just huge dynasties. 

After another scandal involving the Las Vegas Legion trying to retire many, the New Orleans Second Line were founded and they had to go through a huge rebuild from worst team to eventually winning a big title with one of the best teams ever established, and once again with Julian O'Sullivan in it. 

The Otters went back to dominating for a long time with many more titles and a playoff run that lasted like 20+ seasons. It was pretty nuts really, they are by far the most dominant team in the league history. 

Some of the best players in league history are players like Mike Boss who was the quarterback of that first Orange County Otters dynasty. The Otters also had another dynasty quarterback with Armstrong who could arguably be called the greatest of all time even above Mike Boss.

The New Orleans Second Line had a tumultuous history not just with the aforementioned scandal but also since then. With Bovo and Bayley as the GMs they had this amazing run but then another rebuild had to happen, where I was introduced as the GM of the team right after being drafted (no like literally as soon as I was picked, it was crazy!). After that we had to rebuild again and added a bunch of team legends to the team like Tom Hanks, terrible hippo, slothface and more. 

In recent history we had once again a really good team that went to a couple Ultimus finals but couldn't get it done. Now we are once again rebuilding a bit and my third player is already on the team too, after Julian O'Sullivan came the quarterback Stan Francisco who was utterly disappointing and now the Defensive End Medicinal Toblerone.

I had a really good start to my career at defensive end but then the league switching sims has really fucked me a bit. Since the switch, I have struggled to achieve good seasons, with this current one being by far the worst one of my career so far. It's a bit annoying, as I am now at the highest TPE of my career but not performing like it. I really hope by next season I can improve again and bring this baby back on a good road.

There have been many changes in leadership over the years. We had the crazy time where Noble was the commish and got caught cheating. We also had people like Dwyer as commish who apparently wasn't very good either. Now we have Bex as the commish who I am a huge fan of and who I think has done a great job. Many crazy expansions have happened, most notably due to a huge reddit class that saw a huge amount of new users added. We have changed the name of the league as we introduced more and more international users and teams to the league, with teams in the majors being outside the US as well now.

My fondest memories are honestly the people I met along the way though. From that first Otters team with great guys like timeconsumer, to then the crazy locker room of that original NOLA team with beaver and bovo and a few others which genuinely made that room one of the craziest I've ever been a part of. Then the new start with me as GM and having to basically draft a team and their new faces. Adding such amazing guys to the team then and I feel like we have continued to do that over the years, even after my tenure was over, with guys like mith, jay doctor and drector being added to the team and leading the team in meaningful roles as well. There are some awesome people in this league and I am happy I am able to be a part of this league for so long and hopefully will continue to do so for a long time still. It's been like 25 seasons for me and I hope that the next 25 seasons will be just exciting as these first 25 were!

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Tesla - 05-05-2021

Tier 2 – Task 9 – 400+ Words – 5 TPE

Now this is a particularly interesting prompt to me because of the particular way it is worded. Per the wording of the prompt I am made commissioner for a day with the power to do whatever I want, and given the power to do whatever I want there will be a lot of changes I would make outside of the league given even a day of omnipotence. However I will keep on topic for what I do for the league specifically as I do have some changes that with unlimited power I would love to enact.

First and foremost is getting a sim that nobody could reasonably complain about. If limited to what I could realistically do as a simultaneous winner of the lottery and the commissioner drawing then I would work on getting a partnership with the NFL and Next Gen Stats, Pro Football Focus, Pro-Football-Reference, and ESPN for their Sports Science series. Pro Football Focus has play by play analysis going back fifteen seasons and that would be used as the core to determine overall ratings to results. Pro-Football-Reference has individual play data going back to 1994 and that would be used to show what realistic percentage chances are of getting a four yard run versus five yard run and such. Then Next Gen Stats and Sports Science would be put together to create a reasonable list of attributes that would be converted into the overall rating to get said results.

If per the instructions of the prompt I am given a day of omnipotence to go along with being commissioner of the league then I would simply use that power to categorize everyone in the history of gridiron football into attributes similar to what we use now. Then analyze all the gridiron football results from the history of the world to collect a reasonable data pool to create a sim similar to the one described above. However the next step would then be to create a hyper realistic simulation engine that runs through an eternally existent supercomputer that would be hidden in one of the bunkers for when my omnipotence ends and that would allow us to simulate any gridiron football game in history with perfect accuracy.

Continuing with what I would do granted omnipotence through the commissioner drawing would be to make one of the dreams of the league come true, and that would be by offering the ability to trade simulation league wealth for real world wealth. It would be at a one to one basis with the wealth being donated by whoever the richest person in the world is at the time, and it would honestly be able to run for the one day. However I still imagine the collective good it would do for the members of the league would be amazing, and the overall good they would do for the world after that would also be nice to see.

Then I would convert all of the banned user's wealth into real world funds that would be spent on getting everyone in the league a nice pizza party. My reign would be a short one, but I imagine that would be a fun experience for everyone involved.

Code:
Word Count: 534

Tier 3 – Task 26 – 200+ Words – 2.5 TPE

Well my selection for Magnus was defensive tackle as I was told that was a position that was always in demand and sure enough it has been a position that a lot of teams have needed. Old sim it did not require much in the way of TPE, but I know that has been subject to debate in the new sim. However defensive tackle was not actually my first choice as I picked it primarily because it was the position that seemed to be needed, and also one that looked like there were not a lot of top earners at based on what I saw from the TPE Tracker.

My first choice would have been Center Fielder Safety as that is my favorite position in the sport of gridiron football. A good cover one safety is one of my favorite types of player to watch and was the first position I considered. Primary reason I went defensive tackle was because I was unsure of how difficult it would be for me to be a max earner in this league, and so I went with a safer position in case I fell short. Funny to think about now as Magnus is seventh in the league in TPE, and I am now the third wealthiest player in the league. It was a legitimate concern then though.

Another reason I went with Magnus was because of my awareness of players making face claims and I knew I would have a good one with a solid story going with Rikiya. I was also unaware of the fact that lady players were as acceptable as they are in this league, and if knew then what I know now I would have probably gone an entirely different route with Icebox from The Little Giants even though she was a linebacker.

Code:
Word Count: 304

Tier 3 – Task 27 – 200+ Words – 2.5 TPE

I am so glad I saw this one as I legitimately had a revelation of a possible alternative to standard football just a while ago. One of the big things being talked about all the time these days is how dangerous gridiron football is at the core, and how are we going to keep it interesting if we have to switch to something like flag football. My answer for that is to make it an even more complicated chess match of a sport. Multiball.

You have one home team ball and one away team ball that will both be active simultaneously. Each team has eleven players to divide as they see fit between offense and defense, but with a minimum of two on offense for snapper and quarterback. Once everyone is set a referee blows a whistle to signify the snap can happen, and then both teams try to advance simultaneously. No kickoff as that is dangerous and instead a team just starts on their own 20 yard line. In case a turnover the team has the option of taking possession there or keeping their possession where they were, but regardless of what they pick the opponent goes back to their own 20 yard line.

Play would involve two distinct whistles or equivalent noises as one would stop the play surrounding the home team ball, and one would stop the play surrounding the away team ball. First play to stop leads to an interesting change as then the defense can go join the offense to help out there, and the offense has to work to stop them as new defense players. The real fun happens when both line of scrimmages are near each other as then the line between offense and defense really blurs. However that is just the joyful chaos of gridiron multiball to make up for the loss of tackling.

Code:
Word Count: 312

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Tacoshoppe - 05-06-2021

Task 16 - 2.5 TPE
Rex Crenshaw doesn’t know how to lose a football game. He went to college at Boise State University which had an outstanding football team. While he was there, the team was inside the top 25 teams in the country and pushed for a spot in the college football playoffs. As a non-power five school, it was impressive to just be in the conversation. But enough about the team, Crenshaw himself adds the next level to any team. As a possession tight end, he is a surefire target for any quarterback to hit incase of emergencies. His speed isn’t great but his hands are his greatest feature. This allows him to be a phenomenal blocker when the team needs additional protection for the pocket. While he is an outstanding prospect, his family has never been well off which has affected his performance in the locker room with training and equipment. But his dedication to his craft is unmatched and will be working hard to increase his ability. Beyond skills on the field, Crenshaw brings some excitement to a locker room. He is a big fan of connecting with others the managers of a team and working with them to hone his skills better. Crenshaw can’t wait to get back on the field.

Code:
211 Words

Task 26 - 2.5 TPE
When I created Rex Crenshaw I wanted to create a position that could count stats but wouldn’t require 100% participation in the league. I am very invested in the PBE and didn’t want to fully commit to two leagues. I knew that people get very excited about defense, especially around Cornerbacks, Safeties, and Linebackers. I also figured that position players would be at a premium with Quarterbacks, Running backs, and Wide Receivers requiring a larger amount of TPE output. Offensive Linemen doesn’t have any counting stats which I think would deter my interest in the league. This left me with the choices of Kickers, Tight Ends, or Defensive Linemen. I chose Tight End because they get great counting stats like a receiver but are beneficial to a team like a lineman. If I didn’t choose Tight End, I think my next choice would have been a kicker in the league. I have always been fascinated kickers ever since I followed the bad Seahawks prior to the Russell Wilson era. The team wasn’t great but had a great kicker and punter which was the most exciting thing to watch in the league. The reason I ultimately decided against it was the lack of spots available to be a starting kicker in the ISFL.

Code:
212 Words

Task 27 - 2.5 TPE
To make new rules to a sport that already has a tremendously complex rule book is a difficult choice. Most of the time when you hear new rules, they are small changes like changing the play clock or adding a rule that allows additional challenges. But I would like to suggest a rule that is much bigger. My rule would be to implement double forward passes. So imagine on the right side of the line you have a single wide receiver. On the left side, you have a second quarterback with good hands offset with a tight end. The snap occurs and the Tight End and the second Quarterback push 10 yards downfield while the receiver on the opposite side sprints towards the end zone. The pass heads for quarterback number two 15 yards with the blocker in front of him. Now he catches the ball and throws it down field to the end zone. This is just one example of an outcome from allowing a second forward pass. The trickery that is allowed in football has to be implemented to keep competition fresh and new ideas are able to hit the league. And where is a better place to implement it other than right here in the ISFL.

Code:
209 Words

Task 29 - 2.5 TPE
PBE Affiliate

Total TPE = 10

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - LancedJack - 05-06-2021

The Season 24 DSFL Draft Class obviously receives an immediate boost by being a "Reddit Class." Typically these classes are drawn from Reddit and various social media posts promoting the league and therefore tend to recruit large numbers of potential players and, with that in mind, a higher potential of astonishingly good users. With that being said the S24 class is special for a number of reasons and the users themselves will be remembered for their contributions not only to their various teams, but also to the league as a whole.

With due respect to Raven and several of the other players on this list I'd like to exclusively focus on the newer players of the league. That's not to diminish Raven and other long standing members effects on the league. They've all been around for as long as they have precisely because they offer so much to the league and their long standing prescence only enhances the feeling of a storied franchise when you join.

And with new users what an astonishing place to start, user @Eldorian and their player Goat Tank. What a combination. You could not join a single Discord channel during the draft without hearing that name espoused from the rafters and the reputation that they worked to produce during that initial process has not gone unrewarded. A simple review of their post history should give you an idea of how active they are in the updating of users and, I would argue, they're now so intrigal to the league within their first player that to see them leave now would border on catastrophic.

User @katarn22 is our next "newest" user from this particular draft class and what a user they are. Not only has their player (Initially a DE now a CB which is a great transition all round, good job shedding the weight!) managed to post a number of statistically significant performances in their tenure with the Yeti they've also held this down whilst taking the (ew gross) London Royals from strength to strength. No mean feat when you consider the level of turmoil and difficulty associated with GM'ing on top of ensuring your player remains as great as they possibly can. Katarn's a hell of a user and his presence only serves to enhance this sim league.

Now we move onto the most unfortunate, disgusting and altogether worst player of the first round. Whilst there are a few good eggs in here this user is undoubtedly a rotten one. User @Asked Madden was dragged kicking and screaming from his butter laden sarcophogus to join the league after I sent him at least 14 different WhatsApp messages. With an industrial team of engineers, six big blokes and a winch they hoisted him free of the bath and he managed to sign up the league. The rest, as they say, is history. His player is.... tragic at best. Cursed with a first seasons Ultimus win (For which he had all the responsibilty of an adult labrador) he's been brought to tragedy walking the barren wastelands of inadequacy. My personal favourite is watching him desperately try to argue for his player in awards, only for that player to be immediately removed from the nominations at the next level. The user is a powerhouse. At last check he has 4(?) League Jobs and does them all from his mobile. That's right, he doesn't own a computer. Let that sink in, the phillistine. He could never leave the league. Not because he's incredibly useful but the void that would be left in his wake would end existence as we know it.

Special mention has to be given to @r0tzbua Knowing what we know now I think it's safe to say 99/100 he goes 1OA. The man is nothing short of a stand out user, a stand out player and a credit to the league in every interaction I've had with him. It speaks volumes to the depth and character of this class that they went in the 2nd round and, as I say, a redraft would have them as one of the most stand out picks available.

Whilst all of these users are stand outs, the Hall of Fame is something quite prestigious. Entry into it is granted either by player merit or by user merit and I think it may be somewhat too early to say if these users players will enter based on player merit. However were it to come down to user merit and I were a betting man I'd have r0tz as the front runner. That's not to disbar anything from anyone else on this list, with the exception of Madden. If you get the chance I recommend you go review this draft class. It comprises so many currently active and integral members of the league that to view it is to take a quick walk down memory lane. Whilst I don't look forward to regression, I do look forward to recreation alongisde a number of these users.

Code:
835 Words

2. Tell us about your draft class. Is there anything that makes it special in comparison to other classes? Where did your fellow draftees land, how are they doing? Did anyone turn out to be an unexpected steal of that draft based on what you know today? Do you think anyone in your draft class will become a hall of famer? If you’re new to the league, how do you think your class will do? Where do you think people will get drafted to? - 800 words, 10 TPE

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - fever95 - 05-06-2021

TASK 16
You may be asking yourself, why should I draft Lip Gallagher? Well I will explain to you exactly why you should do that if you are an ISFL franchise with one of the top picks in the upcoming Season 29 ISFL Entry Draft. Lip Gallagher is a workhorse and will do whatever it takes to become the very best at what he does, shown by his endless hours in the training center, acquiring the most TPE of any prospect in the Season 29 draft class. He brings a lot more to the table than just a high TPE number though. Lip is committed to the league and has taken advantage of every opportunity thrown his way, completing every single task available to him and it shows on the field. He posted 84 tackles for the Portland Pythons on the season, the most of any cornerback in the DSFL and added 21 pass deflections as well as an interception that went for a pick six. Portland finished the season at 11-3 and unfortunately, came up short to the London Royals in the playoffs, where Gallagher recorded seven tackles and two pass deflections. Lip Gallagher's agent is a veteran when it comes to representing successful professional sports players, representing many players in the SHL, including three hall of famers as well as a PBE player. If you draft Lip Gallagher, you will not be disappointed.

TASK 21
[Image: 7qboDVF.png]

TASK 24
[Image: o9Yvh66.png]

TASK 29
PBE Affiliation

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Zoone16 - 05-06-2021

TASK 10 (5 TPE)
Football was not in the plans for Nick. Everything had lined up well in his teenage years to head towards a musical career. There was just a single problem… his name. When you grow up with a name that belongs to a popular, yet controversial generic wannabe rock band, people have a hard time to take you seriously. His singing voice and his guitar playing are top notch but when looking for gigs to play in, people often think that it’s a joke application that has come in and wouldn’t accept him. It didn’t help that the rock band also sent a cease-and-desist letter to him for something that was not his fault.
At the age of 17, Nick L. Back quit music altogether and decided to try his luck with McGill university’s football team, because he had nothing better to do and the extra curriculars were needed for him to continue his year. After trying out at multiple positions, Nick L. Back found success at Tight End, due to his physique and athleticism, something that works well in Canadian football, where the field is wider and the game is axed more towards a throwing game. The Redmen (McGill’s team) would year after year fall in the cup final to the Laval Red & Gold, Canada’s most fearsome university football team. Back would make the all-canadian team as tight end of the year three years running, whilst working on his classical music degree.
Aged 19, Nick L. Back caught the attention of DSFL and ISFL scouts with a viral video of him catching a ball and dragging a defender for 20 yards to score a touchdown, his big highlight of his second year with the Redmen. After several scouts came to see him, McGill’s coach suggested that he try out for the DSFL, the next logical step in football. A brief discussion with his parents and good timing on his part had Back be one of the first prospects to declare for the S29 DSFL draft, effectively labelling himself as a S30 ISFL draft prospect and starting his professional football career.
Due to rules established by the DSFL, any player that declares for the upcoming draft, after the trade deadline, can be invited on a trial basis through waiver claims. A day later and Back was headed to Portland in Oregon, on the other side of the continent. After a brief 7 game stint (6 regular season games & 1 playoff game), Back has grown accustomed to this professional environment and is looking forward to entering the draft. He just has to wait in line for his name to be called out…
(442 words)

TASK 16 (2.5 TPE)
With the S29 DSFL draft coming up, Nick L. Back, a young Tight End prospect will be up for grabs to all aspiring DSFL teams. But more importantly, what does he bring? First of all, having declared for the upcoming draft right after the trade deadline means that he has been able to participate in games and experience the DSFL life thanks to the Portland Pythons organization, even seeing what the playoffs feel like. Second, with former Hall of Famer Alexandre LeClair as his agent, Back brings significant financial backing early on, meaning he will be able to purchase his trainings and equipment in the early seasons.

So why should a team take a chance on Nick L. Back this draft? Easy response is that even though he is listed as a Tight End, he can be moved to another offensive position should there be a need for it. His flexibility means that he could be an asset on the team or for a trade should the need arise. His network in the sim leagues is quite sizeable, having good reputation among SHL affiliated player agents, meaning that he will easily find a spot in any locker room he ends up in. Lastly, who wouldn’t want a player with such a great name and fascinating musical lyricism associated with their team?
(221 words)

TASK 29 (2.5 TPE)
Affiliate - SHL PT

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - CementHands - 05-06-2021

17. Your team has announced that they will be laying ground on a new stadium next season. What additions would you like to see included in it. Graphic Option: Create a field / stadium design for your team.

For the new stadium, there are a few very key pieces of must have items. The players (home, who even cares about away) need to have a fully functioning gym, top of the line steam room or sauna (whichever is better I suppose, why not both?).
For the fans, theme and general atmosphere it would be really cool to build this out in the ocean, you could do a sunken stadium and have reinforced glass walls on the outside to get a beautiful shot of all kinds of sea creatures. Imagine a humpback whale icing the other teams kicker? That is the stuff of gold!
Also importantly for both players and fans and playing into the location we need to have a few pig roast pits. What is better than going to a game, getting some fresh pork – maybe a pulled pork sandwich, or even ribs or whatever piece you want, along your favorite beverage.
Now, if we’re building this place out in the ocean one issue we will need to deal with is wave breaking. We need something to slow down and lower the water before it hits the stadium. This is where I propose we build the stadium in a sunken volcano. These are already popular snorkeling and scuba sites due to their calm water and abundant life, and imagine the spectacle of going to a volcano for a game!

Code:
232 Words

26. Imagine your current position was not available to be picked when you created your player. What other position would you have picked, and why?

Easy! I would have deferred to one of the other 2 choices that I was considering when I created my player: Running Back or Wide Receiver. I think at the end of the day I would have gone with the Wide Receiver because I feel like there is more opportunity for a spot due to heavier usage of that position (I think there are usually 3-4 WR playing and they run in and out to stay fresh, vs 1 or 2 Running Backs?
I do understand that secondary backs seem to get used with a bit more frequency in our league, maybe that’s due to in game fatigue, but still I feel like it is a valid worry to hold, and very reasonable in position selection
So Wide out. Teams carry multiple of these and usually at different levels. Hell, teams will run a big wide out instead of a TE some times. So it’s pretty interchangeable between my current position of TE and the position I would select if TE was not available at all. I think at the end of the day I would still be a tall receiver, potentially even inside receiver. I may have increased receptions as well, but in all honesty my pancakes would go down, and I’m not sure at all how I would feel about that because I have quite enjoyed my pancakes.

Code:
230 Words

27. Football is a game that has been going on for a while, loved by fans all over. But what if you were able to make some rule changes? Talk us through your new version of football, and what would be different and why?

A rule change that I would make, and hopefully we can keep injuries off for this is penalize touchbacks. A few things would have to happen, kickoffs would have to be pushed farther back to allow for more balls in play, but you can add a penalty on the kicker for kicking the ball out of bounds in any direction would result in starting at the 40. Now you can play with the current rule set to make it so that if a ball lands anywhere in bounds it is live and the location it exits the playing field is where the other team takes over, that would help stem teams trying to let the ball role out if it’s a good kick. Add onto this, if any part of your body is out of bounds when you touch the ball it is dead where it is. You don’t get the benefit of that being called out.
Now, how exactly do you penalize these? I think a simple removal could work. Just remove the touchback as it is, if a kick is received in the end zone you better get your running shoes ready. A fair catch signaled in the end zone could result in the ball being placed on the 1 yard line. This would increase scoring, Defense can have more opportunities for safeties, and fans love it, because more chances for big plays. Imagine a 70+ yard kick, followed up by a safety on the next play, the original kicking team gets the ball back and 2 points!

Code:
260 Words

29. Affliate PT from either SHL/PBE/GOMHL. The Weeks must match with the timeframe of this UW

SHL PT Claim

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Starboy - 05-06-2021

Tier 3, Task 17

[Image: JVgMkp3.png]

Tier 3, Task 19

[Image: gXibssM.png]

Tier 3, Task 20

[Image: 6W63cNR.png]

Tier 3, Task 24

[Image: wW4Xl3y.png]

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Trashae - 05-06-2021

7. So far in the league things have been a bit of a mixed bag for me personally.  I have had a great time as a Python down in Portland and participating in the league activities.  Things like watching sims and talking in the locker rooms are awesome and they're what keeps me around.  The other side of the coin though is I have had issues with the banking and updating process.  Biggest pain point initially was getting my initial $6m contract paid out.  I had a claim for equipment denied because my team did not submit for me to be paid out at all.  This cascaded into a later issue when the update had gone through before the equipment claim was processed and I later did fix the problem getting a claim processed, but then I was audited and had 20 tpe taken away from Murphy as a result.  On top of that to try and earn money I wrote an initial media article and also did a presser back in the first week of April that as of this writing has not been graded or paid out. Now I'm up against the -$2m cap we're allowed to go in debt for weekly trainings.  New users starting from an account balance of 0 can't afford to wait this long for payouts, we lose TPE as a result of the league's failure.  But back to the rest of the question I'm satisfied with the start to Murphy's career. I never expected to come in as an every down type of player so to come in and still be able to amass 70 tackles and get a handful of turnovers I'm very much good with that.  Hopefully next season as I am approaching the 250 cap I'll be able make a bigger contribution, but for a rookie that created after the draft I am happy with the results.  And speaking of the creating after the draft I'm still waiting on the chance to get drafted for the first time.  I have had some awesome discussions with scouts from <insert team name> and look forward to joining the draft stream and hearing my name called.  As far as suggestions go for the league these won't come a surprise considering what I've already written here, but I see a ton of room to improve the processes in the ISFL.  The banking system in particular could use help, or at least make updaters wait until a claim is marked as processed before approval in an update.  A smaller change that I think would help is to automatically give new users to the site $6m.  Every DSFL rookie gets the same payment and in theory every new user will create a player so let em have the $6m as a base.  Even if someone just joins the site and doesn't create a player what are they gonna use that $6m for anyways?

26. If I couldn't have been a linebacker I would have created as a corner.  Honestly I almost did create as a corner when I was choosing my position, but when I play actual football I just don't have the speed to stick with receivers so I've defaulted to playing as a coverage linebacker in the middle of the field aka slow ass corner.  Corner specifically appeals to me because of all of the one on one battles that constantly happen during play where I would have had the opportunity to build a player that just physically dominates and outsmarts my opponents on a play to play basis.  In the NFL you look around the league and outside of the quarterback position the biggest personalities are almost always corners and receivers.  (Shoutout Pat Mcafee though) I seriously considered building a brand and personality like that in the ISFL to match the position, but ultimately still came back to I'd be a linebacker if I was joining an actual league.  Overall though to bring this thing home I'm happy with my linebacker position and the opportunity to build a key piece to team success on defense as opposed to opting for the individual battles that corners go through where I can do my job perfectly, but the other team still gets a touchdown. (221)

29. SHL Affiliate

Total TPE: 10