International Simulation Football League
(S28) Ultimus Week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) Ultimus Week (/showthread.php?tid=31809)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - wuma - 05-09-2021

Task 6 -

I feel it's important that I start this by noting that I've been around sim leagues for a while. SHL is my primary league, GOMHL was my favorite league because it was so easy and had a hard cap of 500 tpe. I've done ISFL before, but went inactive pretty quick due to real life stuff. I've also done PBE. I want to note that the PBE index is by far my favorite, and it was possible to get lost in there for an hour or two of real time.

With all of that said, and I'm counting it in my 800 words because it's relevant, I think the thing that makes this league intriguing to me is that football is broken up into offensive and defensive positions. Yeah, in hockey you get people playing offense or defense, but they all have the same stat lines - Goals, assists, points, +/-, penalty minutes, etc etc. Baseball has far more stats but, aside from the pitcher, everyone has the same stat lines as well for the most part.

Then there's football. You've got offensive players, you've got defensive players, you've got a kicker and maybe a dedicated punter, you've got special teams. The roster size is so much larger, you've got to handle so many more people and their egos than the other leagues. One of the questions I've been asked by every scout is if I'd be willing to change position if the team needed me to. I've told them yes so far, but I think I'm going to change my answer to that. I'm a linebacker. I like to be on the defensive side of the ball. I want to go hit your quarterback. That's one of the thing sthat makes the league special. I was able to make a decision to have my player play on the defensive side of the ball, in a position where he's basically pretty limited in what he's going to be doing. He's not going to be making big interceptions, or pick up a clutch pick six. He's going to try to hit whoever has the ball at or behind the line of scrimmage. It's such a niche task, but it's so important. The guys who play corner are super important, the guys who play offensive line are super important. It's a league based on a sport that makes sure that every role is important. This isn't hockey where you're going to be a fourth line player, getting 3 minutes of ice time a game, and expect to see your name show up on the stat sheet. I mean, In Active finished the season with a blocked field goal. That, to me, is crazy and exciting to keep me motivated.

Another thing that I find really interesting about the league, and it's something I haven't really spent much time with to fully dive deep into it and explore, is the index. It took some looking at, but it's surprisingly clean and well organized. It's been awesome to see, as a rookie, just where my player ranks in comparison to the other players in the league. I don't know why, but I fully expected it to be more difficult to compare defensive players to each other. As much as I'm a hockey first guy, I think this index is going to be a big motivating factor in keeping me active in this league.

One of the other things that is a lot more exciting, and I guess agonizing, is the playoff structure in football compared to hockey and baseball. In hockey and baseball, you've got multiple chances to make it to the next round. It's kind of nice, knowing that if you lose a game, you have more games in the series to make it up. It lets you adjust for the next game if need be. Especially in a sim league, where there is no adjusting on the fly like you would be able to do in a real life game. Here, in football? This is it. You win, or you go home. I didn't get a chance to watch a lot of live sims, but I did get the chance to watch the Ultimini game. My heart was pounding the whole time, knowing that if we lost the game it would be over. I haven't felt that kind of rush watching a sim in any other league ever. I guess that boils down, again, to the whole offense versus defense really. You pretty much know if your defense is on the field, it's not likely you're going to see a touchdown - but it makes it a lot more exciting when it does happen. I feel like that really helped to bring a team together while watching the game in discord. You're so excited for your entire offense, or your entire defense. It really brings the team feeling into the game, compared to other leagues.

I know it was kind of rambling, but the more I thought while I was writing this the more I realized just how interesting the ISFL is compared to the other sim leagues that I've been in. I'm glad we got an influx of players in the SHL recently, I probably wouldn't have come back here if they hadn't talked me into it.

Task 29 - SHL PT - Throwing this in just in case I was a little too rambling in that last task

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - soryantyler - 05-09-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - SirBongo - 05-09-2021

2. Tell us about your draft class. Is there anything that makes it special in comparison to other classes? Where did your fellow draftees land, how are they doing? Did anyone turn out to be an unexpected steal of that draft based on what you know today? Do you think anyone in your draft class will become a Hall of Famer? If you’re new to the league, how do you think your class will do? Where do you think people will get drafted to?

First things first, I am the best O Line prospect in the DSFL draft, not only am I smarter than these other fools, I am stronger and will out technique any of them. I have trained day in and day out to be the very best to ever play the game, and I am not gonna let some random anybody take my spot. Now I do understand I sound a little mean right there, but it is rightfully so, I want to be the best O Line to ever play for the ISFL and DSFL. I was the best in college and I'm going to be the best in the pro leagues. Now I also have a rival who is about to be drafted to the ISFL, They were a Junior when I was a freshman in college-- Rudy gray, they are the only other person who is even anywhere near my stats. I am willing to outwork everyone else. I believe I will for sure be a HOF inductee, and I hope to hold records for the league at my position. I don't expect to go No.1 Overall, because I am O Line, that would be STUPID you should draft a skill position unless you are truly full of skill positions. I believe that my draft class will do very well, from what I have seen it is a lot of young and ready-to-work people, and I believe there will be some fun rivalries between wide receivers and defensive backs and so forth. I believe that the main way to enter and be the best is to be active and ask for help, and I am willing to do that, I am not gonna be quiet when I am lost or need help I am gonna ask because I want to be the best, and I am also willing to help other people around me. Honestly, I know that if I stay active and do my best as a player I can be the best, because to be good at the offensive line you gotta be strong and know the technique, everything else is just a plus. I will train the very most and be better than any other prospect in the DSFL draft. Now I am gonna add this note that I know I went inactive last season with my linebacker but I had real-life encounters happen but all has been solved and now I am back ready to start afresh and be the absolute best to ever be in the international football simulation league. I also know that the offensive line position is needed in both the ISFL and the DSFL, and I am here to fill that need, I may not be a whole O-Line but I am able to fill my hole and protect it, I will not allow any defender through my hole and I will out block them to allow our running back get those sweet yards to get the most efficient offense in the entire league, I don't care where I go but I will do my best no matter what. I do not know any of the other draftees personally but I do wish them all luck and I hope we all make our future goals, and all be inducted into the HOF and be considered the greatest draft class of all time because I want to be known as the greatest to ever play my position and to be part of that I believe that I must also be part of the greatest draft class so that I am not a star in a pile of trash, I want to have to truly prove my self and be the best and not have an easy road to the ISFL and my future seasons. I also hope that I am drafted to a bad team so that I can help them build up and not be drafted to a dynasty because that is not fun, I would rather be someone who helps pave the future instead of making a team stay great because I believe everyone deserves a chance to win and get to the Ultimini, and then when I go to the ISFL the Ultimus. I know that it is a risk-taking me due to my other players past, but I am here to say that I will not make the same mistakes and I will not miss a single update no matter the cost even if it means me staying up later than I normally have to because i want to prove to this league that I can be the best! I will start with this OL. I will be the best to ever play in the league no matter the cost I may repeat my self but I don't care because it is my goal.

Words = 807

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Air Crou - 05-09-2021

Task 29

Task 26
Aight, you are telling me wide receiver is not available when I decide to create my player. The alternative choice is easy man! THE TRENCHES! FAIR RUBS! If I can't catch the ball, then I am going to protect the one that throws the ball. So my choice would be offensive lineman, without second thoughts. First and foremost, offensive linemen are necessary to any team. A human OL is a million times better than a bot. Has a higher TPE ceiling, determined by how active the user behind the player is, compared to a 750 TPE OL bot. On top of that, human OL are cheaper. A 750 TPE bot costs seven million, while a 1k TPE human OL, assuming the user accepts the minimum contract, can cost five million, saving the team two million, which can be given to attract a free agent that is going to help the team win more games. Finally, one of my pet peeves about all the other positions, OL only have two stats. Pancakes and sacks allowed. The first should be high, the other should be as close to zero as possible. Simple as that. And it is rewarding on its own. All in all, a human OL has so many benefits for a team, so if I couldn't choose a WR, I'd opt for the fair rubs way.

Task 27
Let's play rule maker. First of all, kickoffs and punts. I am not saying to get rid of them, but slightly change them, to reduce injury chances. Let's opt for the XFL way. No kicking team player can move until the returner has caught the ball. If the returner has enough space and time to have a look at the field before a "superhuman" crashes full speed onto them, there is a chance for a return and possibly a game changing touchdown, instead of the boring fair catches, or a handicapping negative return. There are players that only play on special team situations, let's give them their chance to shine, you never know what can happen. Another thing I would change is overtime. No overtime whatsoever in regular season games. Less strain put on the bodies of the players, and the sudden death is unfair for the team that doesn't get the ball. You will say, and rightfully so, they can just defend, but here is the thing. A great offence will always find a way against a great defence. It is how it is. There are the regular season standings for a reason. When it comes to the playoffs though, let's do it college football style. Each team gets a 1st and 10 from the opposing 25, until one team has outscored the other, forcing teams to go for it on 4th downs from the first overtime, and for a two point conversion starting from the third overtime. That way, both teams get a chance to score and defend.

Task 19
Concessions. My most favorite thing when I would go to a game. A good stadium should definitely have the basics, like a broad range of beverages, non-alcoholic, except for beer, which is not allowed anymore in stadiums here in Greece, although it gets smuggled in all the time. And I am saying yes to beer alone because you are going to watch a game to enjoy it, not to get wasted and not remember a thing. And now, let's get to the GREATEST part of concessions. FOOD! You want fries? We got them! Basically, I think that apart from the usuals, like fries, nachos, popcorn, sandwiches, and tacos, a good concessions shop should have some proper meals. I mean, a football game lasts around three hours. People might get really hungry. I wouldn't say no to a medium steak if it was offered to me, or some chicken with a side of rice. Or a salad if you want something light. A salad bar would be amazing. And of course some vegetarian and vegan options for those following that diet. And do not forget the children that attend the games! A wide variety of sweets, like chocolate bars, jellies, lollipops, and the greatest sweet ever invented, ice cream in as many flavors you can think of.

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - puolivalmiste - 05-09-2021

SHL PT +2.5

Total: 2.5/10

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - JKortesi81 - 05-09-2021

Tier 1 - 800 words

It wasn’t until I became a GM with the Austin Copperheads that I started paying closer attention to the DSFL. My first player, Carlito Crush, joined the Portland Pythons in S4, and it was fun winning the Ultimini and MVP of the game. Easton Cole did the same thing in Palm Beach, but that was when that franchise was just coming off of being a bot team again so I didn’t care too much about it. But as a GM, you have to do things like scouting, and all of a sudden you start to realize the culture of the DSFL franchises.

I’ll be honest, I didn’t like most of them. The DSFL 10 seasons ago felt a lot more like this weird Thunderdome where they felt like they were much more important than they were. DSFL Franchises were important in terms of teaching new players the ropes of how the site works, and their most important reason for existence: player retention. When I was a J GM in the SHL, that was the focus. Getting players invested and getting them to stick around. Winning came second, even though you’d tend to find that getting people invested and caring lead to more wins as they gained TPE. But the DSFL? It was much too focused on winning. I don’t know if the quick growth of the league at the time had anything to do with it, but winning became the primary goal for a lot of these teams and it created really toxic environments left and right. Newer players were going inactive because of the DSFL experience, I know this for a fact. It wasn’t great at all.

Enter Bayley Cowabunga, my newest player. I wasn’t sure where I’d get to go, and while I wanted to go to Dallas, I was open to going anywhere! Let me tell you, I was pleasantly surprised at EVERY SINGLE CONVERSATION I had. The DSFL finally has it right, in my mind. After what was quite the stretch there where people were getting others to retire to sign for another team, and lots of legit rivalries were popping up all over the place, the DSFL has finally gone through more than enough change in leadership across the boards where all of a sudden, while winning matters still, it’s the user experience that everyone has bought into.

And they really have. The DSFL has been so incredibly fun during Bayley’s two years in the league. It’s competitive, but just about every team has been having fun and people are really active in the league. The minors aren’t being looked at as “a one and done thing I have to do” now, and instead players are coming back for a 2nd season, sometimes a 3rd! It’s a perfect mix of the ISFL having less IAs across the board than it used to, and as a result, there’s less room for players to get called up right away. But the big difference nowadays is that players, again, WANT to stay down and chase the Ultimini. It’s helped player retention because the new guys are coming into teams with more “vets” on the roster and they’re having a lot of fun. I was really impressed with the way things are being run now. I still dabbled in the Portland LR after all of these years, and while I don’t pay much attention to it, I did pop in every now and then, especially when Dallas was playing them. Yeah, you could see that the players in the losing locker room were upset by the loss, but everyone was positive about “getting them next time” and keeping things positive. And now, based on conversations I’ve had with other trusted people in the league who are in other DSFL LRs that I am not, it seems that that’s how it is across the board. There’s a lot less venom and anger and a lot more professionalism and competitiveness.

This is something the entire league really needed. Not that we were ever in danger of dying, but changing the overall message that brand new players get when they join this awesome league was a very good idea. The feeling in general is different. There’s a lot of people that played a part in it, from the GMs to the DSFL HO, and the players who have just flocked to helping other players out. The ISFL is flourishing. We have a fantastic user base that continues to grow. And a big reason we’re seeing some of the best football we’ve seen in quite some time is because we have some really great players sticking around and making it a better place. And that’s because they’re getting hooked for all of the right reasons in the DSFL. I’m a cranky old man at times, sure, and I used to say on my podcasts all of the time that the DSFL was full of itself, and it kind of sucked. After my most recent experience with my new player, I can proudly say that this is no longer the case. The DSFL is really doing it right, and I’m happy to see just how much progress is being made. It’s fantastic. I almost can’t wait to make my next player so I can go back. (882)

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - TheRocheLimit - 05-09-2021

The Quest for 100

I came into the league without much fanfare. Although I excelled in high school and college apparently I wasn't showing the professional scouts what they wanted to see. I slipped in the DSFL draft, but fortunately found a home in Norfolk. The Seawolves embraced me and put me on a path toward becoming a better player. I improved my draft stock slightly and found myself being selected in the middle rounds by Honolulu. I thought I had arrived, but I still had so much more to learn. Those years on the big island laid a foundation. They taught me what it takes to succeed against the very best. But I still wasn't ready. Not until I made it to New York. The Silverbacks put a ton of faith in me, selecting my first in the expansion draft. It was then that I knew I had truly arrived. I knew my hard work was starting to pay off. And it motivated me to strive for greatness.

Being surrounded by elite playmakers at every level of the defense pushed me harder than I've ever been pushed before. I knew I had to keep up. I knew I had to bring it every single game. Every single play. Every single practice. Guys like Thumper and Mendoza were veterans who knew how to play the game. Youngers guys like Winchester and Otawara and Van Sanzo were hungry for more. Everyone fought together for something greater. And I found my purpose.

My job is to destroy the spirit of the opposing offense. And the way I do that is by putting the quarterback into the dirt over and over and over again. I know my teammates have my back. I know the D line is going to open up holes and provide their own pressure. I know my fellow linebackers are going to crush anything that comes over the middle. And I know the secondary is going to lock down the receivers, giving me the time I need. We work together like a well oiled machine. When it all comes together it's like I'm playing in slow motion. I can see it all develop. I can see the offensive line try and figure out how to stop me. I can see the running back try to chip me. But it's too late. I get to where I need to be and I see the quarterback's eyes widen a split second before I put them in the turf.

My name is Jack Banks. I crush quarterbacks. And I'm well on my way to 100 sacks.

Let me tell you about a player who has flown under the radar for far too long. A player that has been constantly overlooked. A guy that brings it every single game. A guy that strikes fear into opposing offenses every time he steps on the field. I can say all of this confidently because I line up near him every snap. I know first hand the intensity he brings. He's a gamer. He's a fellow Crash Brother. He's Brick Van Sanzo, defensive end and superstar player for the New York Silverbacks.

My main man Brick burst onto the scene two seasons ago. After rarely seeing the field the previous season he showed up huge in season 27. Brick became a menace to opposing quarterbacks, accumulating double digit sacks on the season. Hell, he even beat me by a sack. The opposing offensive lines were helpless to stop him. Brick also forced a coupe of fumbles and recorded a safety. He was truly all over the place. Despite what the seasonal awards might have said Brick was the breakout player of the year in my book. No question.

This past season Brick Van Sanzo turned it up another notch. Brick upped his sacks from 10 to 14. He finished tied for fourth in the ENTIRE LEAGUE in sacks. Brick and I combined for 34 sacks, which was more than three entire ISFL rosters. Yeah, you read that right. And, once again, despite the gaudy numbers, despite finishing with more sacks than all but three players in the entire league, my guy Brick was once again overlooked. But not here. Not by me. Not by the players and fans in New York. We all know greatness when we see it.

Brick Van Sanzo has done every single thing that could possibly be asked of him. He busts his ass on a daily basis. He sets the edge on defense. He traumatizes opposing quarterbacks. He makes up one half of the most dynamic sack duo in the league. Brick brings the fire every game. Every single down. While Brick may not have received all the accolades he deserves throughout the league he is well respected inside the New York Silverbacks locker room. We all know, every one of us, that as long as Brick is on the field with us that we've got a shot. That we're only one play away from changing the game. He's just that good.

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - Gwdjohnson - 05-09-2021

SHL Affiliate (2.5 TPE)

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - ToastCharger - 05-09-2021

Code:
14. Describe your player and/or team’s journey through this latest season. What were the highlights? What were the lower points? What might you have done differently? What are your expectations for next season?
Going into the DSFL Entry Draft I knew that my stock was hurt after a poor attempt at joining the ISFL with my first player. Fortunately enough there was still a team willing to take a chance on my new player when Dallas selected me with the 32nd overall pick. With Ivan Toastovich I knew I was going to have to work hard to make sure that teams were willing to take a chance on me at the ISFL Draft and that work had to start right out of the gate. From that moment on I have been committed to earning as much as I can to make sure Toastovich is one of the better prospects in the draft.

It became apparent that Dallas was going to have a challenging season overall but Toastovich was able to get involved in plays out of the gate and even scored a touchdown off a pass in his first game with the team. The team’s receiving was dominated by Cowabunga but Toastovich provided the team with a second option on the field and that would be something that was seen through all 14 games. Unfortunately, the Birddogs fell just short trying to get into the post-season and Toastovich found himself with a lot of extra time to work on his game going into the next season.

Starting the season I wasn’t sure what exactly I should update but as I watched other players on the team it was clear that speed is key for anyone who wants to make it as a wide receiver in this league. That’s where my focus is right now but I think that I definitely could have spent my points better instead of worrying about making catches with Toastovich’s strength and hands. I’m hoping that the work that we did put into it overall though has gotten some notice from the ISFL GMs.

Going into the next season I suspect that I will be returning to Dallas to make it to the post-season this time around. Likely I will be WR1 for the team and need to make sure that I’m doing whatever I can to earn TPE which means going back and doing some things that I missed like the wiki page. I see a lot of opportunity for Dallas and Toastovich to excel his upcoming season and I’m looking forward to seeing the results in a few weeks. For now though the focus is on getting drafted at the ISFL draft!

Code:
21. Make a scouting report for any of the ISFL or DSFL draftees. Show their stats, abilities, TPE, or highlights. Written or graphic option available.
Ivan Toastovich is one of the premier wide receive prospects in this draft coming in just short of 200 practic hours which has far exceeded expectations for the player after the announcement that he was going to be managed by the Toast Player Agency. Through 14 games with the Dallas Birddogs this season, Toastovich has proved to scouts that he has the talent to succeed at a higher level in the game. Despite being a first-year player with not much talent, Toastovich put in the work and found himself in the top 10 for most important categories by the end of the campaign.

Through 14 games with Dallas Ivan successfully received a pass 70 times and was able to put up eight touchdowns for his team. With Cowabunga doing a lot of the heavy lifting for the team Toastovich still put up some respectable numbers with 10.3 average yards per catch through the season. Expect this prospect to go early in the draft as he has shown he should be a top end player in seasons to come and will be a spotlight player for Dallas potentially in the upcoming DSFL season. Expect Toastovich to be one of the main receivers on a ISFL club down the road.

Code:
29. Affliate PT from either SHL/PBE/GOMHL. The Weeks must match with the timeframe of this UW
SHL

RE: (S28) Ultimus Week - j00 - 05-09-2021

9. Through a random lottery drawing, you have been named the league's new commisioner for a day. Congrats! What improvements would you make to the league if you had the power to do whatever you wanted?

I'm fairly inexperienced to the league, so the only thing I feel I have a good proposal for at the moment is changing how the salary cap works for bots. I really dislike how almost every player just takes "veteran minimum" so that their team can spend the remaining cap space money on bots. I am aware that bots are essentially to filling a team's rosters, but it is weird that any given player will take minimum salary, ever.

My proposal is simply that every team's salary cap can only be spent on players, and a seperate "Bot salary pool" is given to each team instead, based on where they placed the previous season. Something like:

14th: $36m
13th: $34m
12th: $32m
11th: $30m
10th: $28m
9th: $26m
8th: $24m
7th: $22m
6th: $20m
5th: $18m
4th: $16m
3rd: $14m
2nd: $12m
1st: $10m

So basically, if you win the Ultimus, you'll only have $10m to spend on bots next season, and if you finish last in the ISFL, you'll have $36m to spend on bots. The numbers can be tweaked obviously, this is just conceptual. This "bot cap space" should also be tradeable in denominations of $1m, whether for draft picks, players, etc. Now, the "player salary cap" of $80m (which I think is kinda low) can be spent completely on players, which brings me to my next point: raising the player salary cap.

At a quick glance, there is about 24 players per team, based on the tracker. The DSFL pays $4m per season. There's roughly 8 weeks inbetween each Ultimus, with 2 (?) of those being offseason weeks. If anything, the average pay of the ISFL should cover weekly training. So the higher bound of salary cap should be $192m (24 x 8), and the lower bound, if only paying for active season trainings, should be $144m (24 x 6). Let's use the lower bound, because we all know HO won't be that generous (amirite).

Now, a salary increase from $4m to $6 to go up from the DSFL is very reasonable, because if it wasn't for wanting a hall of fame career for Juno, I would've asked to stay down this past season. Why the hell would one ever want to earn less money by going up with a shitty TPE player? Makes no sense. Anyways, I imagine that some players might negotiate higher salaries for themselves, which might lead to an interesting cap space game for GMs.

And that brings me onto my last point: Player Agencies should be a thing. It should be a job that pays based on the contracts that you are able to get for your players. I don't know what conflict of interest role bans there would need to be, as I haven't thought this one through too heavily. Maybe one day I'll expand on player agencies more.

============================================

13. Expansion Expansion Expansion! The league seems to love talking about it, but it has still not happened. Tell us why it should happen / should not happen soon?

Well, I've only spent one year in the ISFL, so I may still be a bit inexperienced, especially on the GMing side of things. I think most people want expansion to happen so that we can have a nice round number of 4 divisions of 4 teams. 2 divisions of 7 is just super ugly. There are concerns about there not being enough people to support 16 teams, and they can be valid. For example, I, myself, will likely not be recreating after Juno Hu retires, at least I won't be max earning for quite a while. Main reason being the quality of the sim, which I've touched on before.

But 16 teams is simply way superior than 14 for aesthetics, symmetry, playoff seeding, divisional rivalries, and so much more. I'm not sure if the sim allows schedule editing but I figure someone probably hacked a way. I would propose the following schedule rotation:

- 2 games against each of your division rivals (6 games)
- 1 game against each of your conference rivals (4 games)
- 1 game against each of the teams in one of the divisions in the opposing conference in rotating fashion (4 games)
- 1 game against the team that finished in the same place as you did within their division in the same conference but other division (1 game)
- 1 game against the team that finished in the same place as you did within their division in the opposite conference but not the division you play against (1 game)

That last part might be a bit confusing but works similarly to how scheduling works in the NFL. We can seed the new teams as last in their respective divisions. Let's say that expansion happened this offseason and that teams are split into the following:

NSFC West
Yellowknife Wraiths (11-5)
Colorado Yeti (8-8)
Chicago Butchers (6-10)
Kentucky Spirits (example expansion team #1)

NSFC East
Berlin Fire Salamanders (12-4)
Sarasota Sailfish (10-6)
Philadelphia Liberty (6-10)
Baltimore Hawks (2-14)

ASFC West
Arizona Outlaws (12-4)
Honolulu Hahalua (9-7)
Orange County Otters (7-9)
San Jose Sabercats (5-11)

ASFC East
New York Silverbacks (10-6)
Austin Copperheads (9-7)
New Orleans Second Line (5-11)
Rotterdam Flying Dutchmen (example expansion team #2)

Let's use the Kentucky Spirits as an example. We would then play:
2 games against each divisional rival (Chicago Butchers / Colorado Yeti / Yellowknife Wraiths). This never changes.
1 game against each "conference rival" (Baltimore Hawks / Berlin Fire Salamanders / Philadelphia Liberty / Sarasota Sailfish). This also never changes.
1 game against each team in the ASFC West (Arizona Outlaws / Honolulu Hahalua / Orange County Otters / San Jose Sabercats)
1 additional game against the Baltimore Hawks (because they are last in their division, and we are also last)
1 game against the Rotterdam Flying Dutchmen (because they are last in their division, and we are also last)

Then, next season, we would play the ASFC East instead of the ASFC West, switching every season.
And thus, 14 of the 16 games would be set, and the last 2 games are simply dependent on where every team ends up at the end of any given season.

Anyways, that is my proposal for the expansion.