International Simulation Football League
*Tijuana Luchadores Regular Season Gameballs - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Tijuana Luchadores Regular Season Gameballs (/showthread.php?tid=31868)

*Tijuana Luchadores Regular Season Gameballs - GuitarMaster116 - 05-04-2021

So in Tijuana today I wrote offensive and defensive gameballs for all 14 weeks of the regular season. It took a couple of hours and a bit of research but I finally got it done. But I kind of want to get paid for it if possible so yeah I am going to post what I wrote in here, hope everyone enjoys them! Also sorry if this is offensive to any teams out there just wanted to write about my players a bit.

Week 1 Offensive Gameball
@Exilate RB – Lonnie Jackson – 29 attempts, 168 yards, 5.8 average, 2 TDs, 1 catch, 8 yards
Lonnie showed us very early on how dominant he would be this season, and it doesn’t get much better than this. In our opening game Lonnie came in and punched Bondi Beach in the mouth and led the way for an offense that scored 34 points. We didn’t realize it at the time but this was Lonnie’s explosive start to a historic season.

Week 1 Defensive Gameball
@ddrector CB – Sir Peter Jackson – 2 tackles, 2 PDs, 1 int, 1 TD
I mentioned the offense scored 34 points, but if you look at the box score, you will see we beat BBB 41-10. This is because much like Lonnie, we got to see the beginning of a historic season for Sir Peter Jackson. While not doing much in the run game, Sir Peter Jackson led the way in a secondary that held Zaylren to only 87 yards and a 36% completion percentage.

Week 2 Offensive Gameball
@Beaver OL – Maiteers Rico-Shea – 8 pancakes, 0 penalties, 0 sacks allowed
This award could have gone to a couple of people on offense as we had a really good game offensively, but I ultimately chose Beaver as he went off with the pancakes and led the way in our run game, helping us get to 148 yards rushing. I also wanted to shout out IsHe ReallyInvisible since he had a pretty solid game as well throwing for 248 yards, a TD, and a 60% completion percentage.

Week 2 Defensive Gameball
@ddrector CB – Sir Peter Jackson – 10 tackles, 1 FF, 3 PDs, 1 int
Two weeks in a row! Sir Peter Jackson must have heard me talking shit last week because he went OFF. Led the team in tackles, got a FF, and also helped shut down Norfolk’s pretty poor passing game alongside his companion across the field Rean Schwarzer (who btw also had a FF, 3 PDs, and 1 int.) Jackson continues his dominance and play making ability for another week.

Week 3 Offensive Gameball
@Exilate RB – Lonnie Jackson – 26 attempts, 107 yards, 4.1 avg, 1 pancake, 1 sack allowed
In what was easily our worst offensive performance in the season, we still had some bright spots. While our passing game never could get settled in, Lonnie still had a good showing still averaging 4+ yards a carry. We unfortunately just never could get into the endzone this game, but Lonnie definitely tried his best to make that happen.

Week 3 Defensive Gameball
@Drizzy LB – Marcus Jones – 14 tackles, 2 TFLs
With the poor offensive performance this game, the defense saw the field quite a bit, and Marcus Jones took advantage of this, getting an absurdly high 14 tackles and also adding 2 TFLs to it. With a growing team, Marcus Jones entered and showed that he would be a staple in this defense very early.

Week 4 Offensive Gameball
@JPach QB – IsHe ReallyInvisible – 22 completions, 38 attempts, 58% completion, 204 yards, 5.4 avg, 2 TDs, 2 Ints, 6 rushing attempts, 92 rushing yards, 15.3 avg, 1 TD
Okay I know, our QB threw 2 picks this game, but I am still going to give him the gameball. Cause even though the passing game was not really impressive at first, in the second quarter IsHe ReallyInvisible put a spark in the team by breaking off a huge 70 yard scamper to the endzone. Then on top of that, he came alive in the 4th quarter and in overtime and helped lead us to a comeback to beat Minnesota right before overtime ended. Also wanted to shout out Gronku for his huge 37 yard catch in overtime to lead us to our game winning TD!

Week 4 Defensive Gameball
@Amulos FS – Romulas Roman – 10 tackles, 1 PDs, 1 int
While being a safety is more about the stats we don’t see, Roman made sure we saw him today. In a very tight and close game Roman helped keep us alive with his 10 tackles as well as a huge interception in overtime to help keep our chances of winning alive. With him in the secondary, we at least have comfort in knowing that with him roaming, the other team will have trouble passing deep.

Week 5 Offensive Gameball
@Exilate RB – Lonnie Jackson – 25 attempts, 202 yards, 8.1 avg, 1 TD
I know that Lonnie has gotten a lot of these already, but I mean games like this how could I not? Rumbling in the league have said that Manhattan Project is the best RB in the league, but this game showed that was completely false. Lonnie destroyed London’s run defense and is running himself straight to a potential MVP.

Week 5 Defensive Gameball
@ddrector CB – Sir Peter Jackson – 4 tackles, 3 PDs, 1 int AND @bowl0 CB – Rean Schwarzer – 4 tackles, 4 PDs
I am going to cheat a bit and this week I am going to give this gameball to both our CBs, as both have shown and proven that they are a force to be reckoned with if teams decide to pass. Both of them together defended 7 passes and made sure the London QB was kept in check, with him only having a 51% completion percentage and an interception as well. They may be young but these two can ball.

Week 6 Offensive Gameball
@JPach QB – IsHe ReallyInvisible – 12 completions, 22 attempts, 54% completion percentage, 85 yards, 2 TDs, 8 rushing attempts, 30 rushing yards, 3.8 average
In a game we struggle a bit offensively, IsHe ReallyInvisble had a solid game overall. While not really flashy in the yards category, he at least played clean football. In a game that was riddled with fumbles that is huge. Overall in this game their were 6 turnovers, so to come away with 0 and also have 2 TDs is huge, and I think makes IsHe ReallyInvisible deserving of this gameball.

Week 6 Defensive Gameball
@Southie LB – Devonte Crook – 11 tackles, 2 TFLs, 1 PDs
Our reigning LBOTY has been solid for us throughout the season, but never really led the pack yet. That was until this game. Crook led the team in tackles with 11 and also had 2 TFLs as well added to that. He was a big problem against the KCC offense, and he even showed off his versatility in coverage with a PD as well. Also, in a game with 4 fumbles I wanted to shout out all our defenders with forced fumbles. Romulus Roman, Sir Peter Jackson, and In Active all had huge hits to cause a turnover to try and help the team win.

Week 7 Offensive Gameball
@"KanakoTheSquirrel" K/P – Jean-Jacques Leroy – 1/1 xp, 5/5 fg
Our offense played pretty well overall against probably the best team in the league, but Jean-Jacques Leroy was really on fire this game and scored pretty much all of our points. Our offense only scored 1 TD, but thanks to JJL we stayed competitive all the way until the very end. It was an awesome performance, especially seeing that they were 3/3 from 40-49 yards.

Week 7 Defensive Gameball
@FunnyManLuke DE - Gyles Marrett – 4 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 sack, 1FF, 1FR AND @wuma LB – In Active – 3 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 sack, 1 FF, 1FR AND @bowl0 CB – Rean Schwarzer – 2 tackles, 2 PDs, 1 Int
I know, lots of gameballs this week! But one thing all of these 3 have in common is that they all forced turnovers, which was extremely huge in giving us opportunities to beat the best team in the league. If we were able to capitalize a bit better, this could have been a very winnable game because these 3 went in and terrorized the electric Portland offense.

Week 8 Offensive Gameball
@KezKincaid TE – Gronku Muerto – 6 receptions, 80 yards, 13.3 avg, 3 pancakes, 0 sacks allowed
Gronku finally got his time to shine this week, after mainly helping the run game and blocking, he went off in the pass game and was a favorite target for IsHe ReallyInvisible. In a game where we had a lot of offense, Gronku played a huge roll in it.

Week 8 Defensive Gameball
@wuma LB - In Active – 4 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 sack
In a game where the defense all player pretty well, In Active really stepped it up and shut down the Portland run game. He also put the pressure on LBJ as well with getting into the backfield for a sack and a TFL. While Portland’s offense still played well In Active was crucial in shutting down one facet of it.

Week 9 Offensive Gameball
@"KanakoTheSquirrel" K/P – Jean-Jacques Leroy – 4/5 field goals
In a game where we did not score any touchdowns, this came down to a massive kicker battle. Neither team was able to find the endzone but luckily, we had Jean-Jacques Leroy on the team to clutch out the victory. Even though 1 field goal was missed, with 7 seconds left in over time JJL sealed the win with a huge 55-yard field goal. It is rare for a Kicker to completely win the game for you, but this was one of those occasions where we were glad to have a great kicker on our side.

Week 9 Defensive Gameball
@FunnyManLuke DE - Gyles Marrett – 4 tackles, 3 TFLs, 1 sack
We had a couple of great performers this week on defense including Marcus Jones and Rean Schwarzer, but Gyles was a standout in this for sure. In this game neither offense could score a TD and that was because the defense was insane. Gyles himself lived in the opposing backfield, getting 3 TFLs and also a sack as well, 2 of those TFLs being on 3rd down and the last being in overtime. He showed us flashes of how good Gyles can be when he is given a chance.

Week 10 Offensive Gameball
@RockyBaljoa0804 WR – Rocky Jackman – 6 rec, 62 yards, 10.3 avg, 1 TD
In a game that the offense struggled again a bit, Jackman was solid as he always is as our WR1. He helped make a big play early on with a big 24-yard TD grab and has been great as a chain mover for us. While he may not really be around much anymore, on game day we still see his impact every game.

Week 10 Defensive Gameball
@ddrector CB – Sir Peter Jackson – 5 tackles, 1 FF, 2 PDs
Sir Peter Jackson has been very consistent for us all season, and he had a good game this week as well. He helped hold Norfolk in check with only a 50% completion percentage allowed, which he was a huge help in with his 2 PDs. On top of that he had a solid amount of tackles and also caused a Forced Fumble turnover as well. Another aspect of our defense this week was we got to the quarterback a ton. Gyles Marrett, In Active, and Lux Opal all sacked the QB this week which is awesome to see.

Week 11 Offensive Gameball
@Exilate RB – Lonnie Jackson – 23 attempts, 191 yards, 8.3 avg, 3 TDs
Lonnie and destroying London’s run game, name a better duo. It’s been a while since Lonnie has won a gameball, but it was only a matter of time as he has been easily our best offensive player. This game not only reinforced that but certified him as the best RB this season and put him into legitimate MVP conversations. I mean what can I say, just look at the stats. Lonnie had an absolutely absurd average in 8.3. Most of the best RBs in the NFL get around 4–5-yard averages and Lonnie completely shattered that. On top of that he added 3 TDs to his already amazing season.

Week 11 Defensive Gameball
Pretty much the entire defense. @Drizzy LB – Marcus Jones – 13 tackles, 2 TFLs, 2 PDs AND @Amulos FS – Romulus Roman – 8 tackles, 1 PD, 1 int AND @ddrector CB - Sir Peter Jackson – 7 tackles, 4 PDs, 1 int AND @TomHanks LB – Sheriff Woody – 6 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 PD
There are so many people who went off this game on defense that I need to shout out so many. Marcus Jones went off with 13 tackles, and also showed versatility in stopping the run and also covering players. Roman was tested a couple of times and made London regret it with a PD and int. Sir Peter Jackson went off with one of his best games of the year with 7 tackles, 4 PDs, and 1 int. He was thrown at a bunch and made the other team pay. Then finally wanted to give some love to our brand-new player Sheriff Woody who in his first game did really well overall, racking up 6 tackles, a TFL, and a sack.

Week 12 Offensive Gameball
@JPach QB – IsHe ReallyInvisible – 3 completions, 5 attempts, 23 yards, 4.6, 1 TD, 3 rushes, 170 rushing yards, 3 TDs
Look at IsHe ReallyInvisible’s passing stats. Yep, that’s right, he barely passed the ball at all this game, yet we absolutely destroyed KCC. This was mainly due to the rushing attack instead. We had 322 rushing yards this game, and over half of those yards were from IsHe ReallyInvisible. It wasn’t enough that he destroyed KCC on the ground and ran in for 3 TDs, but he even connected with Gronku for a TD early, making us lead 35-0 at one point. He played so well that he was pulled out of the game and we got to see our brand new QB Dustin Parmelee come in and show some flashes with the offense while we cruised to a huge win.

Week 12 Defensive Gameball
@bowl0 CB – Rean Schwarzer – 3 tackles, 4 PDs, 1 int
Rean saw the love we have been giving to to Sir Peter Jackson and decided to go off this game. He may not have appeared a bunch, but Rean has been lethal in the secondary and this game only confirmed that. At this point Rean was easily on his way to the record books for the number of PDs he had, and this game really helped him a lot to hit that point. I also wanted to shout out Sheriff Woody since again in only his second game he went off with 9 tackles and 2 TFLs, showing how dominate he is. Hell, even the spirit of Shiny went off with 7 tackles and 2 TFLs as well. The defense is really coming together.

Week 13 Offensive Gameball
@Beaver OL – Maiteers Rico-Shea – 9 pancakes, 0 sacks allowed AND @dude_man OL – Cade Williams – 7 pancakes, 0 sacks allowed
This week the entire offense went off. It is at this point where our offense really hit its stride and was clicking on all facets. I am going to give this to our amazing OLine duo though not only because they both put up insane pancake numbers, but they helped pave the way to 243 rushing yards in this game and both 100% deserve this game ball. But really this ball could go to anyone on our offense. IsHe ReallyInvisible had an 83% completion percentage and 2 TDs, Lonnie had 155 yards rushing, Gronku had 67 receiving yards. But really our waiver pick up guys I think are the reason our offense has been playing well recently. I wanted to give a special shout out to @Muford Vincent Sharpei Jr. for his 2 TDs, and @Thelastheraclid Cliff Burton for catching the most passes and making some huge 3rd down conversions. Even @Billy Bighits Bill Cherry (Plz come back) has helped alleviate the load that Lonnie carries and got a TD this week.

Week 13 Defensive Gameball
@ddrector CB – Sir Peter Jackson – 4 tackles, 3 PDs, 1 int
Are dynamic CB duo continues its dominance, and Sir Peter Jackson put up an excellent game that should push him to be the front runner for CBOTY next to his teammate Rean Schwarzer. Tijuana has become a no-fly zone with how our secondary has performed and that was evident this week with Bondi Beach throwing 2 interceptions.

Week 14 Offensive Gameball
@JPach QB – IsHe ReallyInvisible – 17 completions, 19 attempts, 192 yards, 10.1 avg, 3 TDs, 7 rushes, 15 rushing yards, 2.1 avg
The final offensive gameball is going to go to the QB who led our team to the playoffs. It has really shown that the beginning struggles offensively was the lack of weapons. Now, with some new growing receivers, we are really seeing the potential of IsHe ReallyInvisible. As a scrambling QB, usually he should not be passing this well, but it didn’t matter. Missing only 2 passes and having a close to 90% completion percentage, he just was picking apart the Dallas secondary. On top of that, he threw 3 TDs and did not have a single turnover. While most of our offense played extremely well this game to smash our way into the playoffs, IsHe ReallyInvisible looked elite and hopefully that will continue in the playoffs.

Week 14 Defensive Gameball
@ddrector CB - Sir Peter Jackson – 7 tackles, 4 PDs AND @bowl0 CB – Rean Schwarzer – 4 tackes, 3 PDs, 1 Int
The no-fly zone continued this game, with both of our star CBs having amazing games to end both of their record-breaking seasons. They both were on a different level this game, helping hold the potential QBOTY Joliet Christ Jr. in check, as he only was able to lead the Dallas offense to one meager TD. Our entire defense showed up this game to hold down one of the better teams in the league, and they were all able to finish the job and secure our playoff spot.

Thanks for reading!

Code:
Word Count: 3112

RE: Tijuana Luchadores Regular Season Gameballs - dude_man - 05-04-2021

Thanks @GuitarMaster116! It's been a great last season at Tijuana. I appreciate the work you and @Kotasa do for this team!

RE: Tijuana Luchadores Regular Season Gameballs - KezKincaid - 05-04-2021

Go Luchas!!

RE: *Tijuana Luchadores Regular Season Gameballs - Exilate - 05-05-2021

TIJ TIJ TIJ