International Simulation Football League
*Tychondrius Hood's Free Agency Announcement! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Tychondrius Hood's Free Agency Announcement! (/showthread.php?tid=31915)

Pages: 1 2

*Tychondrius Hood's Free Agency Announcement! - Tylus - 05-07-2021

An introduction:

First of all let me say how much I've enjoyed this free agency, even with how fun-stressful it can be! The number of awesome people I've talked to over the past week is unreal, and all of you have really made an impact on the difficulty of my decision, which I am not making lightly at all. I'm not much of a diva, and I don't consider myself to be a super important player, nevertheless, my destination and how long I take to decide could impact teams in terms of their free agency and draft. With that in mind, I decided from day 1 to do my due diligence and ruminate over every team who might reach out to me, including my current team, San Jose. Without much more to say on that, here are some words I've typed:

My decision to leave San Jose and a thank you.  SJS

After a lengthy, and in my opinion productive, career with San Jose I will be leaving the team. This decision didn't come easy, nor do I make it easily. The Sabercats were the first ISFL team I've ever played for, and it has been a wild ride. It all started with the amazing Season 23 draft where I was taken 6th overall, an accomplishment I will forever be grateful for and cherish. The Sabercats and I had two Ultimus championships, back to back. We were the bane of the league! Derpcat will always be in my heart, and I want to thank CKRoyal and Rradum for drafting me, as well as players like Russ who've made it possible to have all of the great times over the seasons, and for believing in a first time prospect like myself. My choice to leave has nothing to do with our performance as a team, neither does it have anything to do with the players, GMs, or locker room in any negative way. They are all great, and any player would enjoy being there. I just needed a change and something new, as well as a chance to explore free agency. I'd love to potentially come back some day and be a Sabercat again, but for now it is time for something different. 

Well here it is-

I will be officially intending to sign with... BER THE BERLIN FIRE SALAMANDERS! BER

This was probably the hardest decision I've ever or will ever have to make in this league. So many other great teams and people have reached out to me strongly. In particular, from Chicago, Berlin, Honolulu, and New Orleans: @TheCC, @Bayley, @Muford, @Highhaschdi, @Dewalt27, @SomeSay..., Someone(@siddhus), @ForSucksFake, @thevoicelesscreator, @Jo3fish5 , @"simo_393", @mithrandir, @dude_man and more. I can't say enough good things about these teams and people, if I could, I would play for all of them. I also again have to reiterate how hard of a choice this was. It was hard to leave San Jose at all. They really are a great team with great people, and have been my home for many seasons. I'll never forget the back to back Champs, and I hope they don't think I will forget them and that they won't take this decision in a negative way. I wish you all luck and the best, I hope I will be able to call San Jose my first home in the ISFL and many of you my friends for many years to come.

The Final Four.

I came in to free agency not really sure what to expect. My last bout of free agency I didn't explore at all and re-signed with San Jose basically instantly. I frankly wasn't sure how many offers I might get this time around, or who I would hear from. I was looking for a team with a strong locker room presence of good people, and if possible, but not a requirement, a decent team with a strong passing game on offense. Out of the teams who scouted me, these teams are the other big three that I really felt fit the description of the type of team I'm interested in, and I considered all of them up until the end.

HON  Honolulu Hahalua  HON

It was SO difficult not to go to Honolulu. The locker room culture there is definitely among the best in the league that I've experienced, from the moment I stepped in to say hello I really felt welcomed and at home there. In almost any other circumstances I would totally love to play for the Hahalua, and I truly mean that. Not only were they so welcoming and friendly, but the sigs they sent warmed my heart and really showed the type of people they have over there. That type being awesome. Beyond that, they have a really nice up and coming team, and core of players that I feel I'd fit in with really well on and off the field. I see them being strong contenders very soon, and I think their locker room will draw in all sorts of great talent. I'll certainly be checking back in to say hello every now and again. A huge thank you to Someone(siddhus), @OrbitingDeath, and the rest of the Hahalua who made all me feel so welcome, I really think highly of all of you and the team.

NOLA  New Orleans Second Line  NOLA

New Orleans reached out towards the end of my decision, but with a very nice "application" and a strong resume, I definitely considered the Second Line as a strong option. If there weren't so many strong recruitments coming at me this time around, I would have surely given NOLA even more of a consideration. The fact is I was nearly finished with my choice by the time I'd heard from them, but in most other scenarios I would deeply consider going to New Orleans. They have an offense that I feel I would fit very well in, not to mention a 10/10 hype man in @MobiausGrander(Shout out to my boy). I really enjoyed my conversation with the NOLA representatives, @mithrandir and @dude_man, and would gladly speak to them again in the future. Thanks for the consideration NOLA, I do appreciate it.

CHI  Chicago Butchers  CHI

The team that was the hardest to not sign with was Chicago. In fact, they were the frontrunners in my mind for much of the process. Bayley, Muford, and TheCC are some of my favorite users in the entire ISFL, and again, in most other circumstances I would have ecstatically chosen them. I've had a connection to Chicago ever since they first scouted me back in the off season after season 22. I'm not sure if I've ever felt as wanted by a team before or since then, other than Berlin. A few days into free agency I was poking some fun at them because I wasn't expecting to hear from them this free agency for various reasons… And they took my comment right to heart! Not even 10 minutes after I made the comment, I received an explosion of DM's and messages from many members of the team and their front office. I wasn't anticipating the response I got at all. It was overwhelming in a good way to see this many people telling me how much they wanted me and the positive vibes I got from them. I swapped back and forth between Chicago and Berlin as my final decision at least a dozen times over the last 24 hours before I finally came to a conclusion. I even considered flipping a coin, it was that even. Even as I type this, I'm still very enticed by the Butchers, and finding it extremely difficult to not join up with them. I love these guys: Bayley/Muford/CC and all the rest, and I hope you will still love me even though I'm not a Butcher this time around! Again, I can't even begin to describe the difficulty of this free agency for me, with having so many of my favorite people in the league all pushing so hard for me. I really am grateful for the faith and interest you guys have had in me since I was in the DSFL, and I would still be glad and proud to be a Butcher some day if you all will still have me if that time ever comes.

The Pain!

The only thing about free agency that I do not like, is having to turn a team down. It probably hurts me more to say that I won't be signing with a team than the team will feel from me saying no! I won't lie, I definitely have had my share of anxiety over this during my period of free agency. I think all of these teams have great people and strong rosters, but I can only choose one. After agonizing over the decision for days I eventually decided to go with my gut, as well as a little bit of an extra push that I'll write about in the following section.

How did I finally answer the hardest question of my ISFL career?

At the end of the week, I had narrowed my decision down to either Chicago or Berlin. Both teams were equal in my eyes in so many aspects. I have good friends on both teams, I made new friends on both teams during the week as they reached out to me. They have similarly talented teams, and I would surely fit well into both team's offenses. I seemingly had a third of both teams in my DMs, and they were all great people. I could not decide. The one thing that tipped the scales, and the major reason I chose Berlin was due to the impeccably strong and great recruitment I received from Reaper aka SomeSay. From day ONE of free agency SomeReaperSay was pushing for me hard, telling me about the locker room and team, how much they wanted me, how well I would do in their offense, how I would fit into their locker room culture. Even threatening to come recruit me from my house in real life! :NervousEmoji: Just a joke but still, goes to show his determination. There were other people who were very similarly great recruiters, but Somesay was just more constant and really sold me on the team. Berlin has it made to have a guy like Somesay who is willing to go to the lengths he did to get me on the roster. Without his daily recruit-harassments, I'm not sure if I would have been able to make a decision. The rest of the half dozen Fire Salamanders players and staff who also messaged me, such as Dewalt27, Highhaschdi, Joefish, Simo and more who helped to seal the deal. Berlin has a great staff who really know how to make themselves and their team appealing. Beyond that they have an all star roster full of studs on all sides of the ball. From the man at the helm at QB, Nick Kaepercolin, to their massive leader on the defensive line in Mario Von Pebbles, the team is stacked from top to bottom. I didn't join the team because they are talented, but it sure is a nice bonus!

Conclusion Time.

This free agency for me was a lot of fun, while also being nerve-racking and somewhat anxiety-inducing. I thoroughly enjoyed my conversations with all the different representatives from all the different teams. You are all beautiful, nice, great people, and if I could, I would sign with you all! Thank you for all the love and interest, it means a lot to someone like myself. Thanks again to everyone who reached out, and I am sorry it took me so long to finally make this post. Good luck in all of your respective seasons, but if we face you it's ON!

To my new teammates in Berlin:

I'm super excited to meet you all and focus my talents on bringing Berlin to the Ultimus! With myself, Achtfünf, Cmon Skiuuup, and Clark Boyd catching passes from a quarterback like Kaep, we should be able to light it up! We also will open up the run game for Joe, who is a top back in the league! Our defense looks crazy stout all along the line, linebackers, AND defensive backs and ready to get us the ball back so we can just score again. This season should be a ton of fun. I'm ready to put my skills to work for you guys. Let's get in gear! :muscles:

Code:
2086 words(according to google docs)

RE: Tychondrius Hood's Free Agency Announcement! - Dewalt27 - 05-07-2021

Honk honk honk honk honk!

RE: Tychondrius Hood's Free Agency Announcement! - .Laser - 05-07-2021

Let's GOOOOO!!!

RE: Tychondrius Hood's Free Agency Announcement! - OrbitingDeath - 05-07-2021

Enjoy your time in Berlin Smile

RE: Tychondrius Hood's Free Agency Announcement! - Jo3fish5 - 05-07-2021

:peepohappy:

RE: Tychondrius Hood's Free Agency Announcement! - WildfireMicro - 05-07-2021

Good luck in Berlin!

RE: Tychondrius Hood's Free Agency Announcement! - siddhus - 05-07-2021

Hope you have some fun in Berlin! Would’ve loved to have you but sometimes all the pieces don’t fall together and it’s all good. Dreading your incoming WRotY awards for sure. Heart

RE: Tychondrius Hood's Free Agency Announcement! - Tylus - 05-07-2021

(05-07-2021, 01:05 PM)siddhus Wrote: Hope you have some fun in Berlin! Would’ve loved to have you but sometimes all the pieces don’t fall together and it’s all good. Dreading your incoming WRotY awards for sure. Heart

Many thanks! I really love the atmosphere in Honolulu. And yes, you'd better watch out!  BER haha  Heart

RE: Tychondrius Hood's Free Agency Announcement! - Highhaschdi - 05-07-2021

Hell yeah! Super glad to add you to the team BER BER BER

RE: Tychondrius Hood's Free Agency Announcement! - Tylus - 05-07-2021

(05-07-2021, 01:50 PM)Highhaschdi Wrote: Hell yeah! Super glad to add you to the team BER BER BER
Let's put on a show! QBOTY+WROTY incoming!