International Simulation Football League
*Nick L. Back looking towards the DSFL draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Nick L. Back looking towards the DSFL draft (/showthread.php?tid=31927)

*Nick L. Back looking towards the DSFL draft - Zoone16 - 05-07-2021

With the DSFL playoffs done and dusted with the London Royals crowned Ultmini Champions it is now time to look towards the DSFL draft, set to welcome the next generation of future footballing stars. Among those, Canadian hopeful Nick L. Back has set his expectations high and nothing short of a first round selection will be good enough for this Tight End.
“I’ve said it before, but I came here to win and perform every night. Whichever team selects me will not regret it. I’ll make the other teams regret it.”
With concerns mostly being about whether or not he will adapt to the DSFL/ISFL rules of the game, which are akin to the NFL, compared to what he grew up on (CFL rules), Back answered with:
“I mean, there has been more than a few Canadians that went through this league and were successful, just like my agent. If that’s the biggest concerns scouts have of me, teams better start recruiting more competent scouts. This is how you remind me of what I really am. And what I am is a winner”.
It is worthy of note that Back’s agent is none other than Hall of Famer Alexandre LeClair, who had mysteriously disappeared from the face of the earth until very recently.
“Yeah well… my career was done and I just wanted to lay low you know? In fact, I don’t know how Nick’s family found me, considering I’ve been living in the forests of upper Quebec where there are no communication lines. But here I am again, on the other side of the medal, managing a new player with hopes and dreams. It’s wild when you think of it.”
On his player’s draft potential:
“Look, I think this kid is the real deal and you know that I know what I’m talking about because I went through all this. I just want to point out to all the DSFL teams that we will refuse to play for any team that does not contact us prior to the draft. Might be a harsh statement but I believe in good communication and that starts with the courtesy of at least contacting us showing interest.”

On a non-RP note I do want to say that I am open to playing for any team. A bunch of people around know that I’m in the SHL and sim leagues since 2016, including the first 11 seasons of the ISFL (previously called the NSFL). I know plenty of people around this league who can vouch that I will not go inactive anytime soon as I am committed to being active until regression is too much to bear. As a quick review of the DSFL teams, what I know about their GMs and my thoughts on the logos because why not:

Portland Pythons POR - Zeagle1 is on my SHL team (or will be once his junior career is done) and the person that got me to recreate here. Hordle is also in the SHL as far as I know although I don’t have much contact with him. For the team itself, I like the logo and team colours. The location is also interesting.

London Royals LON - I do not know their GMs. The logo is definitely the better lion out of the ones I’ve seen in the other sim leagues. As far as the location goes, it is definitely out there in terms of originality. I like it when things go to big cities that are non-traditional markets.

Minnesota Grey Ducks MIN - I do not know their GMs. Whilst I think the location is fine, I do not know what to feel about their logo. But hey, are those Canadian geese? Those things are vicious and if this team can play as viciously as their namesake, then it might be fun.

Kansas City Coyotes KCC - I do not know their GMs. Look, I know that purple and yellow (or gold) is a thing but I just cannot bear to like it. I still remain open to play for whatever team drafts me but it’s definitely gonna be weird to watch myself as a purple dot.

Dallas Birddogs DAL - I do not know their GMs but I recognize their names. I think both of them created in the SHL in recent seasons. I don’t dislike the logo and the colours are a lot better than most other DSFL teams. I’ve always liked Texas based teams in sim leagues even if I have never played for them. I am however more of a cat person.

Bondi Beach Buccaneers BBB - I recognize UberBJ as he has a player in the SHL. The buccaneers logo is my least favourite in the DSFL. Green and yellow work well but that pink & white make this logo very messy and painful to look at. What’s the idea with having a team all the way in Australia if it’s not in a bigger city? A quick glance at their history and it seems they’ve moved around from beach to beach across the years. What have they done in those places to get forced to relocate? Maybe I’ll figure it out someday.

Norfolk Seawolves NOR - Another team where I do not know the GMs. I recognize the team name & logo from the early days of the ISFL, formerly the NSFL. Surprisingly they’ve only won the Ultmini once in their history. Perhaps I could help in being part of a team that can challenge for the cup and give them another championship to celebrate.

Tijuana Luchadores TIJ - No GMs I am familiar with here. I do appreciate seeing a team from Mexico in the league, even if I think that Mexico City would also deserve a team in any sim league. Perhaps one day I’ll make the Mexico City Aztecs in the SHL and the Tijuana Luchadores might be a solid gateway to me embracing this dream of mine. Being on the border with the US, Tijuana is very much like most of Canada but sunny and hot. Definitely a more attractive destination than the cold cold north.

To be honest, at the end of the day, whichever team drafts me better have some use for my player. I’d rather not be the backup of a backup. My first player was basically a meme throughout his career, being labelled as “the best WR2 of all-time” considering the legends he played with. I know that this new sim engine doesn’t favour TEs as much as the original sim and I’m cool with it. Maybe once I hit the ISFL I’ll swap over if it’s really bad and I’m not having much fun. But hey, whatever happens I’ll be earning TPE.

(1124 words)

RE: Nick L. Back looking towards the DSFL draft - hihihi_62 - 05-07-2021

Yo, that Ben Cahoon render is wicked tho

RE: Nick L. Back looking towards the DSFL draft - Zoone16 - 05-07-2021

(05-07-2021, 09:42 PM)hihihi_62 Wrote: Yo, that Ben Cahoon render is wicked tho

+1 for knowing Ben Cahoon. <3

RE: Nick L. Back looking towards the DSFL draft - BOOM™ - 05-07-2021

Nice read. Best of luck in the draft.

RE: Nick L. Back looking towards the DSFL draft - Zoone16 - 05-07-2021

(05-07-2021, 09:49 PM)BOOM™ Wrote: Nice read. Best of luck in the draft.

Thanks bud.