International Simulation Football League
*London Royals Review: Game Balls - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *London Royals Review: Game Balls (/showthread.php?tid=31933)

*London Royals Review: Game Balls - Sebster - 05-08-2021

For those that don't know, the Royals just won the Ultimini. I'm going to go through the weeks and show off our MVP on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. Join me as I take you through this journey of a bunch of misfits bringing home the gold.

Preseason Offensive Game Ball:
Red Arrow Jr - 71/121, 1008 passing yards, 6 passing TDs, 21 carries, 81 rushing yards, 4 rushing TDs

Right from the get go, everyone in the LON LR could tell this was going to be a good season. Last season, while our defense was stout, the offense could struggle at times. It was great to see our leader come out slinging in the preseason as a precursor for what was to come this year.

Preseason Defensive Game Ball:
C.J. Sonjack - 22 tackles, 7 PDs, 1 FF, 2 INT, 2 TDs

This game ball went to my other half here. C.J. has an outstanding preseason, scoring on BOTH of his interceptions. Opposing quarterbacks should have learned last year that you can throw anywhere near Sonjack Island.

Week 1 Offensive Game Ball:
Buffalo Hunter - 4 catches, 79 yards, 1 TD, 2 pancakes

This is going to be a frequent flyer on this list. Buffalo Hunter was hands down one of the best players on this team as well as a great presence in the locker room. Starting his season out strong with 4 catches and a touchdown as well as tacking on 2 pancakes, Hunter showed up and showed out!

Week 1 Defensive Game Ball:
Sam Squanch - 12 tackles, 1 PD

Another rookie presence made himself known on the field in week 1 as Squanch racked up an insane 12 tackles, as well as batting down a pass! Squanch proved that he can play big in the box as well as cover sideline to sideline.

Week 2 Offensive Game Ball:
Manhattan Project - 138 rushing yards, 3 rushing TDs, 14 receiving yards, 1 receiving TD

The Royals had a three headed rushing monster coming out of the backfield this season based around Project, Pete, and Arrow jr. Project brought home the cheddar in week 2 with 4 total touchdowns and over 150 scrimmage yards!

Week 2 Defensive Game Ball:
Willie Miller - 11 targets, 3 catches allowed, 1 tackle, 3 PD, 2 INT

Oh what do we have here? Willie Miller you say? He seems like a great player to be honest. I mean look at those stats, only allowed 3 catches on 11 targets, knocked down 3 passes, and came away with 2 interceptions. The other half of the #TwinTerrors came to play week 2!

Week 3 Offensive Game Ball:
Red Arrow Jr - 151 passing yards, 174 rushing yards, 3 rushing TDs

Head #2 of that rushing attack balled out in week 3 putting up 300 combined yards through the air and on the ground, and tacking on 3 trips to the end zone with his legs. It was at this point in the season that we in the LON LR realized that this offense would be a force to be reckoned with all season long.

Week 3 Defensive Game Ball:
Aye Plus - 6 tackles, 1 sack, 1 safety

Plus put the team on his back this week coming away with not only a sack but also a safety! Not every week you see a safety so you can imagine how hyped the LR got when this play popped up on the sim.

Week 4 Offensive Game Ball:
Schumi Hulkenvettel - 5 catches, 106 yards, 2 TDs

Schumi’s first game ball this season as he hauls in 5 receptions for over 100 yards, clocking it at just over 20 yards per reception. To add to this mammoth of a display he also waltzed into the end zone not once but twice!

Week 4 Defensive Game Ball:
C.J. Sonjack - 8 targets, 3 catches allowed, 5 tackles, 2 PDs

Get used to seeing this name on here, C.J. put on a masterclass only allowing 3 catches, and breaking up 2 other passes. Not to mention that if someone was able to bounce it outside, C.J. was on lock throwing up another 5 tackles.

Week 5 Offensive Game Ball:
Taipan Pete - 6 carries, 86 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD, 55 receiving yards, 1 receiving TD

And let me introduce you to the third cog in the rushing machine, Taipan Pete. More of a receiving back, Pete can do damage both on the ground and through the air. Here we see him haul in over 100 scrimmage yards and put up 14 points on the scoreboard for the good guys.

Week 5 Defensive Game Ball:
Fergus Callaghan Jr - 5 tackles, 2 TFL

Fergus held down the defensive line, the anchor of the defense, the battle of the trenches. 5 tackles and 2 tackles for a loss are credited to him in this showing, but we all know his emotional leadership was what had the biggest impact this game.

Week 6 Offensive Game Ball:
Manhattan Project - 18 carries, 85 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD, 1 catch, 10 receiving yards

Manhattan Project really blew up (haha get it?) this week with 95 total yards and a solid dance into the end zone. The rushing attack was still working in London and our genius coaches saw no reason to change that, as obviously it was the way to go.

Week 6 Defensive Game Ball:
Sam Squanch - 9 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 FF

Squanch comes down with another game ball in week 6 with this great showing. He may have had slightly less tackles this week than his previous game ball, but he more than made up for it with a great tackle for a loss and an additional forced fumble!

Week 7 Offensive Game Ball:
Keane Lover - 8 pancakes

It’s not every day you see an offensive line player getting player of the game, but Lover ran it up this week with eight pancakes! An absolute anchor on our offensive line, Lover was a force to be reckoned with all season.

Week 7 Defensive Game Ball:
Glenn Smart - 2 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF

O captain, my captain! Smart had a great game this week getting to the quarterback not just once, but twice! Not to mention that one of those sacks ended up being a huge momentum changing strip sacks.

Week 8 Offensive Game Ball:
Buffalo Hunter - 4 catches, 66 receiving yards, 2 TD

The rookie phenom gets MVP again in week 8, hauling in an impressive 4 catches for 66 total yards. The real reason he won this game ball is because half of these catches ended up being six for the good guys.

Week 8 Defensive Game Ball:
Glenn Smart - 7 tackles, 3 TFL

Smart with the repeat showing on this list, more than tripling his tackle total from last week! 7 total tackles with 3 of those coming in the opponent’s backfield, Smart made sure to disrupt their offensive game plan every chance he could.

Week 9 Offensive Game Ball:
Red Arrow Jr - 20/27, 279 passing yards, 3 passing TDs, 11 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD

Oh look, its Arrow jr again. What can I say besides our Quarterback, our leader, our general came to play this week with 280 yards through the air and 11 on the ground. Arrow ended up accounting for 4 total TDs for the Royals!

Week 9 Defensive Game Ball:
C.J. Sonjack - 5 tackles, 2 PDs

I tried to warn the Quarterbacks earlier in this list, but you do not test this man! Sonjack came away from this game with 2 pass breakups and locking down his side of the field with 5 total tackles.

Week 10 Offensive Game Ball:
Schumi Hulkenvettel - 5 catches, 72 receiving yards, 1 TD, 66 return yards

Hulkenvettel returns to the land of game balls with another good showing, not only putting up 72 yards and a tuddy on offense, but also leading the special teams unit with 66 total return yards between kicks and punts.

Week 10 Defensive Game Ball:
Will Smyth - 3 tackles, 1 sack

Another one of the impressive defensive rookies that London picked up this offseason, Smyth was a brick wall all year long. These stats may not seem like the most impressive, but it can be hard to rack up numbers at the DT position. Smyth came away from this outing with an impressive 3 tackles, and brought down the Quarterback once for us.

Week 11 Offensive Game Ball:
Buffalo Hunter - 5 catches, 56 receiving yards, 2 receiving TDs, 4 pancakes

I know you all might be getting tired of seeing my man’s name here but I know I never will. Hunter proved in week 11 that he is still a force on the gridiron, coming down with the ball five times for over 50 yards and yet another 2 touchdowns. Also proving to be a strong man, Hunter knocked down a rushing defender 4 times throughout the game.

Week 11 Defensive Game Ball:
Fergus Callaghan Jr - 7 tackles, 1 FF, 1 FR

Getting his second crown of the season, Callahan was a turnover machine. Not only did he put up 7 tackles, but he also forced a fumble, then scooped it up himself! Callahan was truly unstoppable in week 11 in a league of his own.

Week 12 Offensive Game Ball:
Taipan Pete - 22 carries, 113 rushing yards, 2 rushing TDs

I mean come on, it’s just not fair. You prepare for Arrow and Project? Pete will slash you for 113 yards on the ground and 2 touchdowns for the Royals. Yet again in week 12, the ground game from London showed to be near unstoppable.

Week 12 Defensive Game Ball:
Miles Weperom - 1 FR, 2 INT

Our midseason waiver pickup showed up in his first game in Black and Gold! His first week in this new system he had not one, not two, but three turnovers caused. Weperom came away with a scooped up loose ball and 2 picks in the air, a nice welcome to the newest member of the Legion of Wankers.

Week 13 Offensive Game Ball:
Red Arrow Jr - 251 passing yards, 2 passing TDs, 104.2 passer rating

What can I say about Arrow that I haven’t said already? This week he decided to give the opposing front seven a break and light it up through the sky, posting a whopping 104.2 passer rating and putting up 14 points for the Royals.

Week 13 Defensive Game Ball:
Glenn Smart - 7 tackles, 1 TFL, 2 sacks

A third game ball for Smart! Another absolute wrecking ball of a game as Smart finds himself in the backfield another 3 times on top of 7 total tackles in week 13.

Week 14 Offensive Game Ball:
Taipan Pete - 12 carries, 44 rushing yards, 4 catches, 76 receiving yards

Here I go writing about Pete again. While he wasn’t able to find his way into the end zone this week, Pete still had an impressive 44 rushing yards and 76 receiving yards. For those of you who struggle with math, that means he had yet another game with 100 yards from scrimmage.

Week 14 Defensive Game Ball:
Willie Miller - 7 tackles, 2 PDs, 1 INT

Ah shit, here we go again. Miller had another showing on the turf in week 14 with 7 tackles. He also was able to come away with another interception and bat down another 2 passes from the fool who lined up under center this week.

Conference Championships Offensive Game Ball:
Rainbow Dash - 2/2 XPs, 3/3 FGs, 45.2 punt average, 2 inside 20

Well would you look at that, our offensive MVP of the first round of the playoffs was none other than our kicker, Dash. Dash accounted for 11 total points this week and did a phenomenal job of  pinning the opposing offense deep.

Conference Championships Defensive Game Ball:
Lucid Dreams - 3 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 sack, 1 FF, 1 FR, 1 TD

This is just a bunch of stat vomit right here. Dreams somehow found himself into SIX columns on the sheet his week with his 3 tackles, a tackle for a loss, a sack, and a scoop and score touchdown that he jarred loose himself!

Ultimini Game Balls:
Everyone!

And now a special message from @slate: “The entire team this season has a true claim to be the best London Royals team ever to take the field. We tied the franchise best 11-3 regular season record and clinched home field advantage throughout the playoffs in a clutch week 14 performance. We followed that up by beating our biggest divisional rival in the conference championship game, and defeated the Luchadores who we had lost to twice in previous Ultiminis.”

I’m still in shock with what this team was able to accomplish this season, after going 6-8 last season and finishing tied for last in the conference. We really put it all together this year, not only on the field but in the locker room, the film room, the coaches office, and the GMs office. I couldn’t have asked for a better group of dudes to compete with this season and I know we are all going to go on to do great things in the ISFL. One last time, Bang Bang!

(2222 words)

RE: London Royals Review: Game Balls - WildfireMicro - 05-08-2021

Bang Bang Lions Gang!

RE: London Royals Review: Game Balls - AdamS - 05-09-2021

#SunNeverSets

RE: London Royals Review: Game Balls - BOOM™ - 05-09-2021

Royals 4eva.

RE: London Royals Review: Game Balls - Sebster - 05-09-2021

(05-09-2021, 06:24 AM)BOOM™ Wrote: Royals 4eva.
That's a pretty neat trophy under your name, how did that get there?

RE: *London Royals Review: Game Balls - BOOM™ - 05-09-2021

I stole it.