International Simulation Football League
*Making My Mock Draft Return - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Making My Mock Draft Return (/showthread.php?tid=31943)

Pages: 1 2

*Making My Mock Draft Return - Thiath - 05-10-2021

Greetings dear reader, as my real life becomes hectic I wanted to bring back an old favorite while I still have the time. It has been nearly a year since my last mock draft. So I'll keep this introduction short I hope you enjoy! 

Baltimore BAL - Lip Gallagher - CB

Baltimore's biggest needs for S29 are QB and CB. They'll be able to get a new QB in the second round. So it seems likely they'll be gunning for one of the highest earners in the class. This would be a huge get for Baltimore. As Stackinpaper regresses, and Dermot falls into the abyss some big changes are needed. 

New Orleans NOLA - Dante King - RB 

I think a lot of people have Dante King as their consensus 1OA. However, as much as I like the pick for Baltimore. I'm not sure if it outweighs the desperate need to rebuild the secondary. In either case I believe these two will be the first and second picks. The question is who takes who. In this scenario I've gone for the best option for each team position wise. 

Baltimore BAL - Suggs Upshar - CB

Not much I can say here I didn't say with the first pick. Baltimore needs corners, and with the draft class having a pretty steep fall off. It's important to get the two best Non-GM CBs. Having them both come from Portland makes this pick all that much easier. I'd especially love this pick because Suggs has been at the top of my draft board from the very beginning. 

Philadelphia PHI - Jay Cue Jr - RB 

Philly is in a similar vein to Baltimore this season. Having a lot of holes on the roster they need to upgrade. One of those is their massive hole at RB. It's times like these where I wish I hadn't put in my mock draft PT so hastily. Because the more I think about it, the more I begin to suspect that Jay Cue Jr will be a massive addition to this team. 

Chicago CHI  - Chevvy Bronko - TE 

This is a bit of a strange pick, at least in the years I've been in the ISFL. A tight end in the first round is not something you see very often. However, Chicago's long time tight end Tree Gelbman is aging. The Butchers could easily take advantage of getting a solid prospect to fall right into their laps. A lot of people have Bronko mocked to NOLA but I'm not sure they'd have him higher on their board than Dante King. 

Orange County OCO - Marcus Jones - LB

Now, Orange county doesn't exactly need another linebacker. I think in this instance though, it's more a user fit. I'm not overly confident in this pick. Given the opportunity however, I don't believe OCO could pass it up. There is always the chance for a position switch after all. 

Colorado COL - Will Smyth - DT 

Thanks to a very aggressive offseason in S28. Colorado doesn't have any glaring issues with their roster. Though their DTs are getting older. Getting the best DT available would be a great pick for their future. 

Honolulu HON - Quinton Crash - WR 

The Hahalua might just be cursed. Despite their best efforts, and a great performance last season. They can't seem to quite get everything in working order. With how things have unfolded, I think HON has quite a long road ahead of them moving forward. Having missed out on the top DT, they'll address their lack of WRs here. 

San Jose SJS - Sam Squanch - LB  

Some of you may be shocked to see squab has fall this far. Sometimes that’s just how the Barack board falls into place. Though I don’t think SJS would complain. Adding some tough to their LB core would certainly help them reach the next level. 

Baltimore BAL - Lucid Dreams - DE 

Another really big need for Baltimore is DL. Especially with Nuniq Anastasia entering regression, and myself not having as much time to stay active. It’s a good idea for them to act now. Getting Lucid Dreams will hopefully be able to make my absence less noticeable. 

Berlin BER - Tre'mendous Johnson - LB

This is a really weird class for some of these teams. Berlin being no exception, with one of their biggest needs being S. This class isn’t very deep in that regard, so Berlin opts for a user with a very high upside. 

Arizona ARI - Buffalo Hunter - TE 

Arizona is the only team in the first round I feel can pick luxury. Their roster is still relatively young. Their oldest players are only just now reaching regression, and they don’t have many weaknesses. Even with this draft class having insane depth at TE. I think Arizona would be glad to get a sure fire option like they had in years past. 

Baltimore BAL - David Frank - LB 

I’ve seen a lot of mocks having Baltimore take LB earlier. Though I agree it is a need, I don’t think it’s a priority. Having 4 picks in this draft makes it nearly impossible to really predict. Though after the first 3 I think this one will be a best player available situation. In this case that player is LB David Frank. 

Yellowknife YKW - Panda McKyle - QB

This could very well be my most interesting mock pick ever. I have Panda as my highest rated non GM QB. With the wraiths having just won another Ultimus, and their roster being on the younger side. Like Arizona, they can afford to draft luxury. Especially given they have one of the premier QBs in the league in his twilight years. I think this would be an incredible pick.

RE: Making My Mock Draft Return - negs - 05-10-2021

Gosh I'm getting snubbed everywhere

RE: Making My Mock Draft Return - Oles - 05-10-2021

(05-10-2021, 07:43 PM)Thiath Wrote: Yellowknife YKW - Panda McKyle - QB

This could very well be my most interesting mock pick ever. I have Panda as my highest rated non GM QB. With the wraiths having just won another Ultimus, and their roster being on the younger side. Like Arizona, they can afford to draft luxury. Especially given they have one of the premier QBs in the league in his twilight years. I think this would be an incredible pick.

The absolute disrespect, this is ridiculous

RE: Making My Mock Draft Return - Thiath - 05-10-2021

(05-10-2021, 11:02 PM)Oles Wrote:

I said what I said :sunglasses:

RE: Making My Mock Draft Return - Oles - 05-10-2021

(05-10-2021, 11:03 PM)Thiath Wrote:

Well you're absolutely wrong

RE: Making My Mock Draft Return - Thiath - 05-10-2021

(05-10-2021, 11:06 PM)Oles Wrote:

Physically impossible

RE: Making My Mock Draft Return - Oles - 05-11-2021

(05-10-2021, 11:16 PM)Thiath Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 11:06 PM)Oles Wrote:

Physically impossible
and yet you are

RE: Making My Mock Draft Return - Exilate - 05-11-2021

When the position you're about to get called up to play for Philly gets called a massive hole  Sad

RE: Making My Mock Draft Return - Hordle - 05-11-2021

LOL Get fucked Loonie

RE: Making My Mock Draft Return - Exilate - 05-11-2021

(05-11-2021, 09:43 AM)Hordle Wrote: LOL Get fucked Loonie
Rude Sad