International Simulation Football League
*S29 Round 1 Mock Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S29 Round 1 Mock Draft (/showthread.php?tid=32054)

Pages: 1 2

*S29 Round 1 Mock Draft - furiousPanda - 05-11-2021

Hello everyone! Draft week is upon us! Many hopeful prospects are eager to see where they would call their home on Thursday night, including myself. I haven’t done a mock draft in a while so take my mock with a grain of salt, since I’m a little rusty and I know nothing. Another thing to keep in mind is that crazy things happen all the time and some teams are difficult to judge on which direction they’ll go. From my experience it isn’t always about who has the highest TPE but which user fits into which locker room. Lastly, I need a little cash to spend, so without further delay:

All TPE is based on the tracker not the update page.

Baltimore Hawks (2-14)
Needs: RB, LB, DE, DT, CB, QB, OL

Dante King - RB (260 TPE) @shadyshoelace

Baltimore enters the draft with the worst record and a lot of holes on the roster. With the loss of Busch Goose in Free Agency, management would be scrambling to find his replacement. This is where Dante King comes in and they will rearm their offense. Quarterback will be picked in the second round with Gimmy Jaroppolo Jr. In addition, King is a monster earner and would be great for the Baltimore rebuild.

New Orleans Secondline  (5-11)
Needs: LB, RB, TE, WR, OL

Quinton Crash - WR (253 TPE) @hihihi_62

New Orleans is a difficult team to predict for. From my experience their picks could be random or if they like the user a lot. I’m going to try to shoot for a need. Their offense needs a little boost in the wide receiver world and I think Quiton Crash is their guy. An old recreate and will be reliable for his new player.

Baltimore Hawks (2-14)
Needs: RB, LB, DE, DT, CB, OL

Lip Gallagher - CB (270 TPE) @fever95

Baltimore is salivating with this pick up. Lip Gallagher is the highest earner of this class so far, and this addresses a huge need for Baltimore. They need to rebuild their entire defense and they need a defense if they want to win more than two games next season.

Philadelphia Liberty (6-10)
Needs: CB, S, LB, DE

Lucid Dreams - DE (225 TPE) @Luciddreams702

Defense is a huge need for the Liberty, and going through their Budget sheet I can only see one active Defensive end. Lucid Dreams is the highest and most active rusher out there right now. They need this hole patched up if they want to win more than 6 games next season.

Chicago Butchers (6-10)
Needs: WR, TE, QB, CB, S

Chevvy Bronko - TE (267 TPE) @musha6570

Chicago Butchers is another team that is hard to gauge. Initially, I want to put Oles Jr right here but I think they could snag him later on. This might be a position switch pick where the player has high TPE but the sim does not respect the Tightend position. With many holes on the Chicago roster this pick could prove to seal it up just a little bit. Who knows maybe Chevvy will stay as a Tightend.

Orange County Otters (7-9)
Needs: CB, S, QB

Suggs Upshar - CB (214 TPE) @Suggs

OCO will need to think about the Quarterback of the future. I don’t know what their succession plan is but they think the player could come later. Another area of need for them is Cornerback. They drafted Cayson Nzeocha back in S27 but it seems he isn’t earning well and Suggs Upshar already passed him up in TPE. They can turn this around right now and right here. It also helps that Suggs is a great user and already contributes to the Portland War Room.

Colorado Yeti (8-8)
Needs: DT, CB, TE

Sam Squanch - LB (240 TPE) @EricNCSU

Sam Squanch which means “Canadian Bigfoot” or better known as the Yeti, so it makes sense that the Yetis pick him here. It also helps that he is a high earner and a great linebacker. The Yeti need great users and players but I do not see a glaring hole in their roster. Sam will be there to help them out in any way possible.. Plus, I couldn’t resist the Yeti pick since I’m a big Trailer Park Boys fan.

Honolulu Hahalua (9-7)
Needs: RB, WR, CB

Jay Cue Jr. - RB (258 TPE) @Opera_Phantom

Jay Cue Jr falls here and I don’t think Honolulu can resist taking him here. Through the grapevine, I heard he just wants to be drafted by Arizona, just like his father. Honolulu needs to add another running back into the mix and they strike here to pick up a great user and player. Or they could use it as trade bait?

San Jose SaberCats (5-11)
Needs: LB, DE, S

Tre'Mendus Johnson - LB (247 TPE) @allbetsonjames

Saber Cats have a ton of holes on defense. With their regressing Season 22 linebacking core this would be an urgent need. Why not pick Marcus Jones? Because Tre’Mendus Johnson is a better name and I want to spice things up a little bit.

Baltimore Hawks (2-14)

Will "Brick Wall" Smyth - DT (188 TPE) @kingtag1999

Best Defensive Tackle outside of Dewalt27 (who is a GM Pick), and a position of need for Baltimore. I have them picking up a running back and linebacker earlier but they do need to shore up the defensive front. Defensive Tackles are scarce in this class and this is one of the best ones.

Berlin Fire Salamanders (12-4)
Needs: LB, WR

David Frank - LB (233 TPE) @IceBear32

I think the Minnesota Grey Duck connection is too strong here and the Fire Salamanders pick a Grey Duck that is a high earning user. Even though I did hear rumors of DeVille joining Berlin, they still might want to invest into a young talented linebacker that can bloom into a superstar later.

Arizona Outlaws (12-4)
Needs: DE

Marcus Jones - LB (260 TPE) @Drizzy

The rich keep getting richer. The Outlaws did miss Jay Cue Jr falling here but this is a great prize to pick up a strong linebacker. Arizona could play some linebackers on the edge and load up that position with talent. Marcus is one the higher earning players and Outlaws would not hesitate in picking the young linebacker here.

Baltimore Hawks (2-14)

Joey Marston - TE (234 TPE) @Capt_Blitzkrieg

Here is another player where I can see a position switch coming into play. Tightend is not a huge need but this player has enough TPE that a potential switch could come about. As I stated with the Chevvy Bronko pick, Tightend is hated by the sim. Capt_Blitzkrieg is a great user from Dallas and could be of great value to Baltimore.

Yellowknife Wraiths (11-5)
Needs: QB

Panda McKyle - QB  (215 TPE) @furiousPanda

The champions here have the luxury to pick anyone. The roster does not have any apparent holes and they could look into a long term option. Colby Jack is hitting regression next season and a quarterback could become an urgent need. So with a heavy recreate class why not pick a reliable Quarterback? I picked my player here Panda McKyle because he’s a good fit at this position.

Hate my picks? Love my picks? Send your complaints to @Big Edd.

RE: S29 Round 1 Mock Draft - Kotasa - 05-11-2021

@Big Edd I don't hate the picks but I am going to complain to you
I don't make enough money at my job!
I'm tired all the time!
My back hurts!

RE: S29 Round 1 Mock Draft - Kyle - 05-11-2021

@Big Edd I also don't make enough money at my job.

RE: S29 Round 1 Mock Draft - zaynzk - 05-11-2021

@Big Edd why is gas so expensive right now

RE: S29 Round 1 Mock Draft - UberBJ - 05-11-2021

Yay mock draft season!

RE: S29 Round 1 Mock Draft - BOOM™ - 05-11-2021

[Image: frt.png]

RE: S29 Round 1 Mock Draft - Z-Whiz - 05-11-2021

:eyes:

RE: S29 Round 1 Mock Draft - OrbitingDeath - 05-12-2021

Complaints to Big Edd

RE: S29 Round 1 Mock Draft - furiousPanda - 05-12-2021

(05-12-2021, 09:09 AM)OrbitingDeath Wrote: Complaints to Big Edd