International Simulation Football League
* Report: Fox North Circling the Drain? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: * Report: Fox North Circling the Drain? (/showthread.php?tid=3208)

* Report: Fox North Circling the Drain? - Silver Fox - 08-09-2017

Anyone watching the Liberty games lately has noticed – Fox North just doesn’t seem to have that pep in his step that he had game 1 and 2. Having failed to eclipse 100 yards since week 2, some might say Fox has been in a downward spiral ever since, and the stats back that up. We caught up with Fox at a bar after tonight’s game, and here’s what he had to say:

“What’s been going on with me? What’s been going on with you, you increasingly attractive woman?” At this point he took another shot of Toleso – “I’ve been cursed I tell you, cursed! Ever since I caught that baby, it’s been one problem after another. Spectacular failure in our first home game, dropping so many easy catches. You know how hard it is for Jameis to even get the ball close to me? I can’t afford these drops! And game 5 it got even worse! At least I seemed back to normal tonight, but 3 penalties? I never get penalties! I’m supposed to be a leader in the locker room and on the field, but who could possibly respect me when I can’t even put up 100 yards a game? Hell, without Damien, we wouldn’t even have beaten the Yeti. It’s maddening, I tell you! What’s next, the modern medical science that prevents all injuries fails me?”

At this point, Fox polished off the bottle of Toleso and smashed it on his own arm, watching with suspicion as the wound immediately closed and disappeared within seconds. “Well, at least that still works. What was I doing again? Ohh, right, complaining bitterly. Everything sucks! I should be out there making the news with a great game, every game, not moping around worrying about what the hell happened to my hands! They used to be the best in the league, even as a rookie! It was a point of pride! Now it feels like someone has surpassed me…I don’t know who, but maybe that’s the cause of all this. Was I too high and mighty and karma just had to teach me a lesson? I caught a baby, damnit! Screw you, karma!”

Fox then motioned for another bottle of Toleso, but fell asleep at the bar before it arrived. Just before we packed up, Liberty GM Silver Fox showed up, took one look at Fox North and shook his head. “Sorry you had to see this. Fox is a great guy, but he’s had a rough 3 games now. For a young rookie like that, especially since he did so well the first 2 games, it’s been a real shock for him and you can clearly see it in his play. For a guy who spends all his time practicing, working out, and reviewing film, it can seem like it’s all for nothing if that doesn’t immediately translate to results on the field. I’m thinking he needs a quick vacation, see if he can’t disconnect from football for a couple days and just relax. He can’t hold the team on his shoulders forever, and I hope if he takes away any lessons from this it’s that he should be able to trust his teammates – he doesn’t have to do it all alone. Anyway, thanks for your time, I’ll make sure he gets home.” Silver Fox then slipped one of Fox North’s arms over his head and hoisted his 210 lb frame like it was nothing, sliding him into the passenger side of a black Escalade and buckling him in. “Y’all have a safe drive home now,” he told us, before driving off.

Just prior to press time, according to a called-in tip, Fox North was seen boarding a plane for Cozumel, Mexico, along with a big bag of dive gear. We can only hope that a brief respite from football will be just what he needs to overcome these rookie jitters and help lead the Liberty to victory!

* Report: Fox North Circling the Drain? - ADwyer87 - 08-10-2017

maybe that baby was destined to be evil, and you saving it has doomed millions and thats why you're cursed now?

* Report: Fox North Circling the Drain? - Silver Fox - 08-10-2017

(08-10-2017, 02:07 AM)ADwyer87 Wrote:maybe that baby was destined to be evil, and you saving it has doomed millions and thats why you're cursed now?
That's very possible, maybe he's the next Hitler. Oh god, what have I done?

* Report: Fox North Circling the Drain? - cosbornballboy - 08-10-2017

(08-10-2017, 07:30 PM)Silver Fox Wrote:That's very possible, maybe he's the next Hitler. Oh god, what have I done?

gods work