International Simulation Football League
*Cade York blog - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Cade York blog (/showthread.php?tid=32134)

*Cade York blog - LSUFAN101 - 05-13-2021

With Cade York being called up to te ISFL and fulfilling his life long dream of playing professional football he has decided to start a blog, an update on his training, performance, and really just his life. Cade had a very big week this week, he moved out of his apartment, started training in the offseason, and he was able to attend the DSFL award show! All of this will be recapped below

Cade York was sitting on his couch playing fifa and talking to his friends when his phone rang. It was his General Manager in Arizona, Z Whiz and Crunk, they were calling to let him know that he was getting called up for Season 30 of the ISFL. After spending multiple minutes jumping around and freaking out like a 6 year old after eating cotton candy on a playground Cade got another call. It was from the DSFL office, Cade found out that he was going to be a finalist for the DSFL Kicker of the Year award. This time Cade spent many minutes running around his apartment like he just ate ice cream on a playground. After probably 10 minutes of going insane Cade went ahead and started packing his bags and boxes. He was asked to be down in Arizona by next Monday, he had gotten the call on friday. He spent the next two days working out and packing for AZ. He finally moved out of his Apartment on Sunday and arrived in Arizona later that day. Everything went well and he even got to set up his locker. He couldnt stay for long because he had to get to the DSFL awards the next day but he did get to experience his first press conference since being drafted!

Reporter: “Hey Cade, congrats on the call up, good you take us through the moment when you got the call?”
Cade: “Yeah! First off thank you, its an honor to be here, I was actually sitting on my couch playing a video game when my phone ran. It was an emotional moment for me because my lifelong dream was going to be coming true but I also knew that my time in Portland was coming to end so I was a bit disappointed. Z just let me know that my progression was going well and I was going to be on the roster”
Reporter: “Hey Cade, congrats, over your three years in the DSFL you got experience of heartbreak in the playoffs, hows does that motivate you in the ISFL?”
Cade: “it’s definitely disappointing to lose games like those especially when there isnt much you can do. I think it has made me hungrier for success and it thats what I want to bring to AZ, they unfortunately have gone through the same things so we all are hungry, its time to go win a ring!”
Reporter: “Hey Cade, final question, what are your career goals?”
Cade: “Win” *cade dropped the mic and walked out*

Cade was able to meet some teammates and then he went to his new apartment and hit the hay, after all it was a long travel day and he needed some time to relax. When he woke up the next morning he had his bag packed and was headed to the ISFL and DSFL award show. He could not wait as he believed he was a front runner for the Kicker of the year award but really he just wanted to experience the environment around him.

When he arrived he hopped in the van and was headed to the hotel room to get ready for the red carpet. Cade took a shower and put on his new suit. When he arrived there wasnt much attention on him but he still posed for pictures and looked happy. He went inside and took a seat. The Kicker of the year award was the second award announced so it wasnt a long wait. He was nervous because he knew Leroy was a phenomenal player and was a bit scared that he would carry home the trophy. They read the nominees off and the stats for each, they presenter came to the stage “The winner of the Season 28 DSFL Kicker of the Year goes to… Cade York Portland Pythons”. Cade broke down in tears as he made his way to the stage to give his acceptance speech.

“Wow, well first I want to congratulate Jacques and all the other Kickers who had ana amazing year. This was one of the best seasons for Kickers since I was picked up on waivers. I want to start off by thanking Southpaw, the general manager who originally scouted me and claimed me. He gave me a chance that no one else was willing to give me and for that I am forever grateful. From there Zeagle took over and helped develop me into the kicker I am in today, he got me drafted and continued to believe in me even when I struggled, without Zeagle I would not be in the position to win this award. Finally I want to thank the Python fans who came to all of our games despite losing the three we did and all of the playoff heartbreak. I have to say while I value team success over player succes it feels great to finally win something haha! Thank you Portland for believing in me and I am excited to get to work in AZ.”

Tune in next week for the second edition of Cade York’s blog!

926 words