International Simulation Football League
*2x Voucher - A draft review of the DSFL teams - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *2x Voucher - A draft review of the DSFL teams (/showthread.php?tid=32339)

*2x Voucher - A draft review of the DSFL teams - krazko - 05-18-2021

Quote:2x Media Voucher

The ISFL draft is over, and I hope all the draftees and the teams are happy with where they landed and what they got. My ISFL mock draft article proved I had no idea what I was talking about with 1 correct prediction despite my long and (I thought) in depth research. Just goes to show how difficult it can be to predict picks when you do not have any information from the people deciding. For the draft, the biggest surprise for me must be Marcus Jones dropping down from my predicted 3rd overall, 1st among Linebackers to 12th overall and 3rd Linebacker to be selected.

On Monday evening, we saw the extremely exciting prospect bowl where my team, the Edinburgh Gallowglass, dominated and won the tournament! I had expected nothing less. It was really fun to get started with a game and especially when we won! Big props to the coaches and my fellow Gallowglass players!
However, the main event for all of us new prospects, the DSFL draft, is fast approaching (the teams have been at it in the closed draft for a few days) and reveal is on Wednesday at 8pm EST!

To begin, let us have a quick look at how I want to improve and develop my skillset for the next 2 seasons. As well as what my responses have been to scouting questions.
My primary goal is to become as fast as I can, to be among the fastest Wide Receivers. Additionally, I obviously would like to be able to catch the ball, so that will be my secondary focus.
While, as mentioned above, I know what I have in mind. I will want to come up with the best plan for my future development together with my DSFL team. I want to benefit both myself and the team, to help everyone so we can become the best team possible.
Should that best plan include a position switch, that is something I am open to as well! But my preference would be to remain a Wide Receiver.

I am an active player and earning as much TPE as I can. I am also relatively active in the Locker Room. While I am not always talking, I try to read all the chatter in the locker rooms where I am actively playing. I am looking for a fun environment where we can have fun together, develop friendships while also improving as a team.

As any player does, I hope I will go as early as possible and I will start this off by saying I currently have no preference for any team, I am excited to play for whatever team I end up with. Being (I think) realistic I think I will go in the first 2 rounds, with the hope being in the 10.
However, for the Wide Receivers, there is a lot of competition with the highest number of available prospects.
As of writing this article, there are 52 prospects listed in the TPE tracker, out of the 52, 10 are currently Wide Receiver Prospects, 5 of us are Speed receivers, 3 slot receivers and 2 possession receivers. 6 out of the 10 are new creates which makes it extra interesting with little old information for the teams to rely upon. While 3 of the new Wide Receivers haven’t updated (or even created a proper update thread), the remaining 6 are all relatively close in TPE, with terriblehippo’s recreate player Squidward Tentacles being slightly ahead (not counting the equipment which none of the new creates have not bought yet).

For this upcoming review, JayWhy75 did a similar media piece to what I will be doing, I have not read the piece (yet) to avoid leaning on their conclusions and reasonings, so it will be interesting to see if we end up with the same conclusions on the departures from the teams due to call ups, the ineligible players and therefore team needs.
Maglubiyet also did a similar piece prior to deviating by ranking the teams (something I will not even attempt yet). I have used his article to assist me with the call ups as I was not sure of last season’s rosters.

I have used Slates guide(which is a very good read) on Mock Draft prediction as a baseline to predict movements, call-ups, and eligibility for the upcoming season. Being as new to the league as I am, there are probably plenty of mistakes or missed things, but I have tried to be as consistent and thorough as I can.
With that, anyone S26 is ineligible for the DSFL, also if a player has been inactive since 23rd of April they are ineligible for the DSFL (if my dates are correct, which I think they are).

I will not try to predict the order people will be drafted, but only look at the needs of each team and what players they have or likely will lose. Both since my previous article showed how clueless I am/was, but also due to the high possibility of position swaps if a team likes a prospect during the scouting process.

With all that said and done! Let us begin with the team and position reviews!

Kansas City Coyotes
Confirmed players lost:
Aging out: Owmy Back (Tight End – 216 TPE)
Inactivity: Tre Washington (Safety – 206 TPE), Logan Steele (Cornerback – 74 TPE) & Hunter Phelan (Safety – 50 TPE).
Call ups: Quinton Crash (Wide Receiver – 253 TPE), Eleven Kendrick-Watts (Wide Receiver – 704 TPE)

Kansas City Coyotes are sitting nicely with 2 active Quarterbacks and while I do not think either of them will be called up for this season, as both their ISFL teams have a Quarterback that is better TPE wise. A loss of 1 will be no major blow to the team.
Both Running Backs the Kansas City Coyotes have available currently seem to remain with the team and while I could see Chicago Butchers calling up Rejoignez LOrdreSombre I don’ think they will. The Butchers will give Rejoignez LOrdreSombre another season in the DSFL and let the contracts expire for their current inactive Running Backs while also giving LOrdreSombre another season to grow in the DSFL.
The Coyotes lost both their starting Wide Receivers, putting them in dire need to pick up at least another one during the DSFL draft, luckily for them they are 3rd pick and should be able to pick up at least one of the active Wide Receivers in the first 2 rounds.
The aged out Owmy Back was the Coyotes only Tight End so another big need for the team to pick up during the draft. Not too much else to mention here with them currently having no player in the position.
Cheese Farley is the only active Offensive Line, and I really can’t tell if the Berlin Fire Salamanders will call him up or if they will opt for a bot on the last open Offensive Line spot. Still not a direct need for the Coyotes either way.
Both rostered Defensive Ends are likely to remain with the Coyotes this season as neither of their ISFL teams are in need of their comparably low TPE yet. So, the Coyotes are not likely to look for a Defensive End early.
Defensive Tackle Prof. Godfrey Gravity is likely to remain with the Coyotes for at least 1 more season. The Coyotes, however, would need to fill out with 1 more Defensive Tackle to play alongside Gravity.
The Coyotes have 1 Linebacker on their squad, Dexter Hall, and it looks like he will remain with the team for at least another season as his ISFL team, Chicago Butchers already have 3 active Linebackers who, neither who have hit regression yet. The Coyotes, however, could do with picking up another one, but I do not think it’ll be a first round need.
As outlined in the lost players section, Logan Steele is lost to inactivity, but Siege Cameron will remain as the Coyotes only Cornerback. Cameron is another player that is unlikely to be called up for at least another season as his ISFL team, Austin Copperheads already have 3 active Cornerbacks Rostered.
On the Safety side, the Coyotes find themselves in a situation without one as both are currently ineligible for DSFL due to inactivity. As such, drafting at least 1 new Safety must be seen as a primary need for the team.
The teams Kicker / Punter Izuku Campbell is set to remain with the team for at least another season as he is both relatively low on TPE and his ISFL franchise, Berlin Fire Salamanders already have the position filled.

Drafting position focus: Wide Receiver, Tight End, Defensive End, Safety

London Royals

Having lost 10 players this offseason, the reigning champion, London Royals are sitting with only 9 players per the TPE tracker and 6 per their roster page. They are in dire need of picking up numbers if they are to compete this season.
Confirmed players lost:
Aging out: Schumi Hulkenvettel (Wide Receiver – 322 TPE)
Inactivity: Exo Cortal (Quarterback – 82 TPE) & Noel Akerele (Running Back – 58 TPE)
Call ups: Red Arrow Jr. (Quarterback – 333 TPE), Manhattan Project (Running Back – 490 TPE), Taipan Pete (Running Back – 248 TPE), Glenn Smart (Defensive End – 532 TPE), Fergus Callaghan Jr. (Defensive Tackle – 450 TPE), C.J. Sonjack (Cornerback – 471 TPE) & Willie Miller (Cornerback – 381 TPE)

As will be the case many positions this draft the Royals find themselves without a Quarterback as Cortal who was the only remaining one on their roster after Red Arrow Jr. was called up. Cortal will be ineligible due to inactivity (and his low TPE makes almost all S30 prospects better already). A definite early need for the team.
As Akerele is currently inactive per the definition (even though he was online later but did not post to change his status to active) and both the Royals starting Running Backs called up, already a 2nd position they find themselves without anyone active. Another need to for the team to pick up during the draft.
3rd position we review for the Royals and 3rd position without anyone to fill. Hulkenvettel aging out and no one else in the pipeline means they definitely need to look for Wide Receivers, with the many available this draft though, is it something they’ll take in the first 2 rounds?
Currently the Royals still have their Tight End, Buffalo Hunter, but I would not be too surprised if he ends up being called up to his ISFL team, the San Jose Sabercats as they only have 1 rostered Tight End and Buffalo Hunter is already higher on the TPE than the other Sabercat Tight End prospect, Bobby Tarantino. Hopefully for the Royals though, Hunter remains with the team this season.
Keane Lover is almost guaranteed to remain with the team as an Offensive Line as his ISFL team, Sarasota Sailfish, already has an abundance of rostered Offensive Lines, combined with all the other holes in the Royals roster I don’t think the Royals prioritize adding another Offensive Line yet, if at all.
On the Defensive End side, after Smart was called up, the Royals have one player remaining, Lucid Dreams, who I believe will remain with the team for one last season prior to being called up to the Philadelphia Liberty.  Lucid Dreams looks to be set to overtake the Liberties worst currently rostered (and inactive) Defensive End Sam Roes TPE count sometime during this season.
Another position and another player lost to call up as Fergus Callaghan Jr. left the team for the ISFL. The Royals remaining Defensive Tackle, Will "Brick Wall" Smyth is looking set to remain with the team for at least another season, with the potential of 2 as Smyths ISFL franchise, the Baltimore Hawks have just called up another Defensive Tackle and they have another one in their prospect pool besides Smyth. Another position where the Royals will need to pick someone, but not in the early rounds per my prediction.
Luckily for the Royals, their only Linebacker, Sam Squanch is set to remain with the team for at least 1 season if not more as his ISFL team Colorado Yeti already have 3 active and high TPE earning Linebackers on the roster. With the many holes, not a position to prioritize for our decimated Royals.
On the Cornerback side, the Royals lost both their starters, both C.J. Sonjack and Willie Miller being called up in the same season. The woe of drafting well as a DSFL franchise. The position needs to be filled and another one they need to look at early, especially as there is only 3 available prospects (not including the possibility for positions switches for obvious reasons.)
The Royals had no Safety rostered last season from what I can see, so something they probably would like to pick up if possible, the question is, with all the other holes, what do they prioritize?
A break for the Royals as their Kicker / Punter, Rainbow Dash looks set to remain with the team for the remainder of his DSFL eligibility as Dash’s ISFL team, Arizona Outlaws recently extended the contract with their other Kicker / Punter.

Drafting position focus: Quarterback, Running Back, Wide Receiver, Cornerback, Safety

Minnesota Grey Ducks
Confirmed players lost:
Aging out: "Captain" John Price (Safety – 266 TPE)
Inactivity: Tom Adamo (Running Back – 114 TPE), Caitlyn Catowize (Wide Receiver – 57 TPE), Jack Sparrow (Tight End – 57 TPE) & Kacper Puntky (Cornerback – 252 TPE)
Call ups: Anton Bruckner (Cornerback – 498 TPE) & Gluteus Maximus (Kicker / Punter – 417 TPE)

Minnesota finds themselves with 2 active Quarterbacks, first, Jacob Raske is almost guaranteed to remain with the team for his entire eligibility tenure as his Berlin Fire Salamanders have 3 active Quarterback prospects along with Nick Kaepercolin as the set rostered player for at least another couple of seasons. Second Quarterback Kazimir Oles JR could see himself called up earlier, as he is Chicago Butchers only Quarterback prospect and their current starter, George O’Donnell, is in regression. But I doubt this is a position where the Grey Ducks will look this draft.
The Grey Ducks found themselves out 1 Running Back as Tom Adamo is ineligible due to inactivity, but they still have McCoy and Huntsman. McCoy is semi – inactive and could be replaced by a bot, but Hunstman is active and luckily for the Ducks he is set to remain in the DSFL for at least another season, if not 2, as the Sarasota Sailfish is in a good position with active rostered Running Backs. As they have 2 Running Backs, I could see them pick up someone in later rounds just to potentially replace McCoy.
While the Grey Ducks do have 2 rostered Wide Receivers, they are both relatively low on the TPE front. While Janis Lux was recently drafted by New York Silverbacks, I do not see Lux being called up any time soon. I could, however, see the Grey Ducks picking up at least 2 Wide Receiver to replace inactive Catowize and potentially replace one of their remaining 2.
Jack Sparrow is currently ineligible as a Tight End leaving the Grey Ducks one short. While Bobby Tarantino has not been called up yet, it is not impossible as his San Jose Sabercats are currently only having 1 rostered Tight End. Should Tarantino be called up the Grey Ducks are left without a Tight End and therefore I believe it will be one of the positions they will be looking closely at to pick someone up.
The Minnesota Grey Ducks had no Offensive Linemen last season, and I am not sure they will be looking to add any this season. They would probably prefer to fill another slot prior to picking up someone as an Offensive Line.
Both their Defensive Lines from last season are available for them for the upcoming season. While neither is the highest TPE, they both do better than a bot and will allow the Grey Ducks to look elsewhere during the draft.
Both the Defensive Tackles for Minnesota Grey Ducks are likely to remain in the DSFL for at least this upcoming season. Berlin Fire Salamanders GM, Dewalt27, is likely to let his ILove HotSalads remain with the Grey Ducks for at least 1 more season prior to being called up to replace the aging currently rostered Defensive Tackles. Daniel O’Leary is likely to remain for the season as both the Copperheads current Defensive Tackles are active and above him in TPE. With both players likely to remain, Grey Ducks again find themselves in a position where they can focus on other positions with a more direct need!
Another position, another position where the Grey Ducks keep both their players for the season. Both Linebackers, Brooks Bane and David Frank are set to remain for at least 1 season prior to being called up to their respective ISFL team. Bane is more likely to remain the full 4 eligibility seasons, but Bane is someone who will be called up after this season or maybe 2 seasons, all depending on Honolulu Hahalua needs.
Cornerback Kacper Puntky is currently considered inactive, and Anton Bruckner was called up to the ISFL. Leaving the Grey Ducks with the Colorado Yeti prospect, Amy Wong. Wong is not set to be called up for this season and I am doubtful it will be for next season either, that is, unless there will be a position switch. The Grey Ducks could definitely benefit from picking up an additional Cornerback and with their relatively complete team, they can do so.
Tim Soulja is the only remaining Safety for Minnesota Grey Ducks, his ISFL team Chicago Butchers is unlikely to call him up this season or next, meaning the Grey Ducks only needs to replace 1 Safety for this season and probably next.
Losing their only Kicker / Punter, Gluteus Maximus, the Grey Ducks need to find a replacement during the draft and with a lot of the other needs being secondary players, it is one they can pick up early. Especially as there is only 2 available prospects currently listed as Kicker / Punters.

Drafting position focus: Wide Receiver, Tight End, Cornerback, Safety, Kicker / Punter

Portland Pythons
Confirmed players lost:
Aging out: Quavious McGrady (Wide Receiver – 250 TPE)
Inactivity: Stanley Yelnats (Tight End – 50 TPE), Aleksandr Vasiliev (Wide Receiver – 120 TPE), Gritt Gurdur (Defensive End – 196 TPE), Tay Heenie (Offensive Line – 127 TPE) & Logan Anderson (Defensive End – 284 TPE)
Call ups: LeBron James III (Quarterback – 534 TPE), Remus Roman (Running Back – 416 TPE), Saleem Spence (Wide Receiver – 547 TPE), Xavier Walls (Lineback – 506 TPE), Moe Skeeter (Safety – 403 TPE) & Cade York (Kicker / Punter – 385 TPE)

The Portland Pythons was hard this offseason with many lost players, both to inactivity and call ups. They are hurt for players and will probably need to pick up numbers rather than be selective like some other teams can be.

Panda McKyle is left as lone Quarterback for the Pythons, with his ISFL team the San Jose Sabercats having 2 rostered Quarterbacks (of which Red Arrow is S28) it is unlikely McKyle will be called up anytime soon. Leaving the Pythons in a good spot with a reliable Quarterback for at least 2 seasons.
Left with one Running Back in Noah Johns, who is already below some of the S30 prospects in terms of TPE, they would need to pick up at least one, if not 2 Running Backs this draft.
The Portland Pythons lost all their Wide Receivers to call ups or inactivity and there is not much more to add than that they are in dire need to pick up at least 2 during the draft.
Losing Stanley Yelnats to inactivity is not the end of the world, as a bot can replace the low TPE, but the lack of Tight Ends should also be a concern for the Pythons. Another need for them during the draft.
Hummus God is left as the Pythons only Offensive Line player. With the other needs they are facing, I think it is unlikely they focused on adding to their Offensive Line during the draft.
As it currently stands, the Pythons are losing both their Defensive Ends to inactivity and for their sake I hope they can bring at least one of Logan Anderson or Gritt Gurdur to activity. Otherwise, it is another position they need to fill with new prospects!
Carter Fox remains their only Defensive Tackle and he is unlikely to be called up and will play his final DSFL eligible season with the Pythons. The Pythons could benefit from picking up another Defensive Tackle during the draft.
After losing Xavier Walls, Portland Pythons is left with 2 of their previous Lineback draft pickups, Teddy Murphy, who was picked up by Honolulu Hahalua during the ISFL draft and Elliot Hord, the New Orleans Secondline pickup. Both are unlikely to be picked up this season and, in my guess, next season. This leaves the Pythons needing 1 additional Lineback, but lower on the priority list than some other positions.
From what I have seen they have not lost any Cornerback yet, in his article, Maglubiyet mentioned Lip Gallagher being called up to the Baltimore Hawks. I have not seen it confirmed so will not include it in the confirmed list. I do not think the call up will happen this season, but is likely to happen in preparation for the next season. The 2nd Cornerback, Suggs Upshar, who was drafted by Orange County Otters, is almost guaranteed to remain in the DSFL for at least 1 season, if not 2. A position the Pythons do not need to fill right now, a breath of relief I believe can be heard.
The Pythons cannot relax for long, as when we are looking at Safeties, Moe Skeeter was called up / aged out and it is yet another position they need to fill during the draft.
While they do have Toy Robot as a Kicker / Punter, he is low on TPE and could do with replacing, the question is if they can afford to look at it during this draft, or something the Python management will have to push to next season.

Drafting position focus: Running Back, Wide Receiver, Tight End, Defensive End & Safety

Bondi Beach Buccaneers
Confirmed players lost:
Aging out: Big Chungus (Running Back – 254 TPE), Akil Ozymandias (Tight End – 307 TPE), Bismo Funyuns (Wide Receiver – 139 TPE)
Inactivity: Josh Allen (Quarterback – 50 TPE), Beau Novak (Tight End – 58 TPE), Cayson Nzeocha (Cornerback – 177 TPE) & Cameron Johnston (Kicker / Punter – 50 TPE)
Call ups: Brandon Prince (Running Back – 264 TPE), Chevvy Bronko (Tight End – 296 TPE), Mongo (Defensive End – 475 TPE) & Tre’ Mendus Johnson (Lineback – 348 TPE)

If our previously reviewed Portland Pythons lost many players, Bondi Beach Buccaneers has been decimated. They have 6 rostered players as Guy Gibson and Tomme Salami returned from inactivity.

The Buccaneers currently stand without Wide Receivers, Tight Ends, Running Backs, Offensive Line, Linebacker and Kicker / Punter. With so many holes to fill and a need to draft a large number of players, I will not go into details on each position where they currently have no players.

To start of the review of the rostered players, we start with one of the positives for the Bondi Beach Buccaneers, their Quarterback, Dexter Zaylren, Zaylrens ISFL team, Berlin Fire Salamander, has no need of his services yet and it may be 2 seasons until he is called up. Saving the Buccaneers at least 1 spot they can safely ignore this draft.
With only Tomme Salami as an active Defensive End, they are in dire need of Defensive Ends as well as the previously mentioned empty positions.
Defensive Tackle Amadeus Redding is currently remaining with the Buccaneers, but I would not be surprised to see him called up to the Wraiths as they only have 1 rostered Defensive Tackle. Either way, yet another position the Buccaneers need to look at during the draft.
Another spot where they do not need to draft a completely new lineup with Henny Tingzpahcbol set to remain for at least 1 season, if not 2 as his Berlin Salamanders do not need his services yet. Gibson being back safes them one spot as well, leaving the Buccaneers with 1 spot to fill.
Chathack’rius Smith IV is set to remain the Buccaneers Safety at least for the coming season before it being likely the Copperheads call upon his services. For the Buccaneers that means 1 player less to draft and only 1 Safety would be beneficial to pick up.

Drafting position focus: Almost an entire team, please send help!

Dallas Birddogs
Confirmed players lost:
Aging out: None I found
Inactivity: Charity Beaver (Cornerback – 116 TPE), Zaaron Pryor (Lineback – 50 TPE) & AJ Tirrell (Wide Receiver – 54 TPE)
Call ups: Joliet Christ Jr. (Quarterback – 635 TPE), Sirdsvaldis Miglasķēms (Running Back – 265 TPE), Bayley Cowabunga (Wide Receiver – 479 TPE), Pope Francis (Defensive End – 259 TPE), Primo Berto (Defensive Tackle – 283 TPE), Cole Maxwell (Safety – 458 TPE) & Dallas Dole (Kicker / Punter – 219 TPE)

The Birddogs lost their only Quarterback with the callup of Joliet Christ Jr. it will be a key pickup for them during the draft.
With the loss of Miglasķēms the Birddogs only have one Running Back on the roster, Erik Gaare. Gaare is currently not being called up, but with his ISFL team, Yellowknife Wraiths having only one rostered Running Back, I would not be surprised if he did end up being called up. The Birddogs will either way have to look for at least on Running Back during the draft.
Losing both Tirrell and Cowabunga, while expected will still have hurt, luckily for the Birddogs, Ivan Toastovich looks to remain in the DSFL with the team for a number of seasons as the Copperheads, who picked him up in the last draft, have a full set of active Wide Receivers that will compete for a few more seasons. The Birddogs could, and probably should, pick up at least 1 more Wide Receiver to be in a good spot.
Joey Marston is the Birddogs only Tight End, his ISFL team, the New York Silverbacks only have 1 Tight End on the roster, and it is not unlikely Marston will find himself called up to join the big league. I think the Birddogs have looked during the draft to fill out with at least 1 more Tight End, if not 2 to secure the position going forward.
With one Offensive Linesman on the roster, Dick Thickum, I think it unlikely the Birddogs will add another one during the draft, if they do, it would be during later rounds if they have found what they prioritize by then, but even so it is unlikely.
For Defensive End, the Birddogs have Lebron Brady Jr., Brady Jr. is relatively low on the TPE and already passed by some S30 prospects, so while it would be beneficial to pick up 2 during the draft, I think the Birddogs will be happy with one to fill out.
Defensive Tackle is yet another position the Birddogs have 1 player, Beefcake Johnson. The Baltimore Hawks prospect is unlikely to be called up this season, but it could be a reality for the next one. So, another spot the Birddogs could benefit with 1 pickup during the draft.
Luke Watterson is the lone rostered Linebacker for the Birddogs, Watterson is set to remain in the DSFL for at least one more season. It would not be too unlikely for that period to be extended to 2 seasons. This gives the Birddogs some breathing room but, yet again, a position they need to fill out with 1 more prospect during the draft.
Only Dash Smith, who is playing his last season before aging out of the DSFL, is currently on the roster as a Corneback. The low TPE for Smith also makes it a role the Birddogs could look to pick up 2 players during the draft.
Another position, another one where the Birddogs have 1 rostered player, Darius Severance who was inactive for a stretch but has come back to some form of activity. Similar position for the Birddogs as many other positions, they would need at least 1 Safety during the draft.
Losing Dallas Dole, their sole Kicker / Punter hurt, while it could have been expected with Orange County Otters not having a better option, I am sure the Birddogs were hoping to keep Dole for this season. One of the positions they definitely need to fill during the draft.

Drafting position focus: Quarterback, Tight End, Defensive End, Cornerback & Kicker / Punter

Norfolk Seawolves
Confirmed players lost:
Aging out: None I could find.
Inactivity: Jeff Gray (Tight End – 50 TPE), Holton Hillburn (Tight End – 50 TPE), Kris Krieg (Cornerback – 50 TPE), JR Reigns (Defensive End – 52 TPE) & Yetiman Beardstien (Offensive Lineman – 59 TPE)
Call ups: Jay Cue Jr. (Running Back – 330 TPE), Dante King (Running Back – 348 TPE) & Freddy Bly (Kicker / Punter – 248 TPE)

The Seawolves have their Quarterback, Raeni Clarke, safe for this season and probably next as well, as Clarkes ISFL team, Honolulu Hahalua has the position covered by the one season older Joliet Christ Jr. with more TPE than Clarke. A position the Seawolves can safely ignore during this draft.
The Seawolves felt the pain of a DSFL franchise with losing both their young Running Backs, Jay Cue Jr & Dante King, to call ups. From sitting quite comfortably to needing 2 during the draft.
With no Wide Receivers on the roster, Norfolk Seawolves have probably looked at all the available Wide Receivers to pick up 2 during the draft.
Another positon they lost 2 players, both inactive 50 TPE players, but still a position to fill. Leaving them with only Zack DiNozzo. While DiNozzo is currently with the Seawolves, his ISFL franchise, Orange County Otters have only 1 rostered Tight End, so it could be a later call up for DiNozzo leaving the Seawolves with potentially no Tight Ends.
Offensive Lineman Rudy Gray will remain with the Seawolves for the season and is likely to be alone as I doubt the team will pick up another Offensive Lineman during this draft.
JR Reigns is currently inactive and illegible for the DSFL, Doom did come back and accept his contract with the Orange County Otters, so we may see him return. The Seawolves will have to pick up at least one Defensive End either way.
No Defensive Tackles on the Seawolves roster, another position that must have been high on their draft board.
For the Linebackers, DeAndre Chuggs is set to remain with the team for the season as the New York Silverbacks already have 3 rostered Linebacks. Which would mean that the Seawolves should pick up 1-2 Linebackers during the draft. Question is if it will be a priority for the Seawolves with some of the other positions having no current players.
Like so many teams before, the Seawolves have 1 rostered Cornerback, Hououin Kyouma. As with all the other 1 rostered positions, is it a focus during the draft?
Safety Kelvin Harris will remain with the Seawolves for this season as his ISFL team Sarasota Sailfish have 3 active Safeties. A relief for the Seawolves, but will they focus to pick up an additional Safety or rely on Harris?
With Kicker / Punter Freddy Bly being called up, the Seawolves have no rostered Kicker / Punter and it is one of the positions I think they will have focused on during the draft.

Drafting position focus: Running Back, Wide Receiver, Tight End, Defensive Tackle & Kicker / Punter

Moving on to our final team,

Tijuana Luchadores
Confirmed players lost:
Aging out: Rocky Jackman (Wide Receiver – 172 TPE)
Inactivity:  Devonte Crook (Linebacker – 408 TPE)
Call ups: Lonnie Jackson (Running Back – 413 TPE), Maiteers Rico-Shea (Offensive Line – 513 TPE), Cade Williams (Offensive Line – 430 TPE), Lux Opal (Safety – 313 TPE), Romulus Roman (Safety – 445 TPE)

The Luchadores are happy their Quarterback IsHe... ReallyInvisible will remain with the team for at least this season and most likely the following one as well. Giving the Luchadores this draft to look at other needs they have to complete their roster.
The Luchadores lost their one Running Back, Lonnie Jackson to the Philadelphia Liberty and without a rostered Running Back, it is one of the positions I believe they will have looked at extra closely this draft.
Wide Receiver is another position where the Luchadores lost their only active player, this time to aging out. Much like for Running Back, it is a position they will have monitored closely to pick up at least 1-2 during the draft.
The Luchadores only Tight End, Gronku Muerto, while currently on their roster. I would not be surprised to see his ISFL team, Berlin Fire Salamanders calling him up to join the big league as they only have 1 active Tight End right now. With that in mind, I think the Luchadores have looked to pick up at least 1 Tight End during the draft while preparing for the need for 2.
Two of the Luchadores Offensive Lines to call ups. So, while the team does stand with only 1 Offensive Line player, Emperor de Pengu, I do not think it is a position they will have focused during the draft.
Tijuana Luchadores remains with their only Defensive End, Gyles Marrett, and will with that probably not be looking for another one during the draft.
With no rostered Defensive Tackles, this season or last season, I can see them trying to find one during the draft, but is it a priority?
With 2 rostered Linebackers, In Active and Marcus Jones, the Luchadores are set for the season and will not be looking to add any more to the position this draft. Especially since it looks like both of the players will remain with the team for at least this full season and, while unlikely, it could be the case for next season.
Much like the Linebacker position, the Luchadores have their 2 Cornerbacks for the upcoming season, Sir Peter Jackson and Rean Schwarzer. Both players also look set to remain with the Luchadores for following season as well as both their respective ISFL teams have the Cornerbacks they need for now and will let the Luchadore prospects grow in the DSFL.
Like for Running Back, the Luchadores lost both their Safeties to call ups. With that, it is another position I think they will have tried to secure at least 1 player during the draft.
The final position I am reviewing, Tijuana Luchadores Kicker / Punter and luckily for the Luchadores, Jean-Jacques Leroy seems to be destined to remain with the team for at least this season and probably next one as well.

Drafting position focus: Running Back, Wide Receiver, Tight End, Defensive Tackle & Safety

This concludes the review and I hope it is informative for someone!
I had a blast doing it and while it did get repetitive at times (as you may have seen in the writing) I have tried to be objective and speculative on each position.
Data was collected yesterday and today, so there might have been a few changes I missed in the early teams.

Good luck to all the prospects and I hope we all have a blast with the event tomorrow!

krazko

Quote:5992 words

RE: 2x Voucher - A draft review of the DSFL teams - UberBJ - 05-18-2021

Quote:Drafting position focus: Almost an entire team, please send help!

[Image: AchingSomberBuck-size_restricted.gif]

RE: 2x Voucher - A draft review of the DSFL teams - BOOM™ - 05-18-2021

You said you were working on an article like this. Wow. Great read and very well put together.